PDA

View Full Version : McBride Or Miller?

AugustaHibs
01-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Sorry if it has already been posted before but, If we could only have one of them who would it be?

Edit: Sorry for spelling Miller wrong!

AugustaHibs
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I would personally pick miller.

California-Hibs
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Liam Miller, although not taking anything away from Mcbride who has been brilliant, Miller is just a step up from everyone else on the pitch. We have a wonderful all round midfield player in Liam Miller :thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2009, 04:04 PM
mcbride will save us more goals than riordan or stokes will score
but miller will create alot more goals than mcbride
its a hard one but i went for mcbride

Danderhall Hibs
01-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Liam Miller, although not taking anything away from Mcbride who has been brilliant, Miller is just a step up from everyone else on the pitch. We have a wonderful all round midfield player in Liam Miller :thumbsup:

:agree: Miller's streets ahead of most players in the SPL.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-12-2009, 04:13 PM
McBride. No contest. Shame that there is not an option for two McBride's

Hibs Spain
01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Sorry if it has already been posted before but, If we could only have one of them who would it be?

Edit: Sorry for spelling Miller wrong!Miller for me ..He's got great skill and is a lot grittier than I expected.

Andy74
01-12-2009, 04:22 PM
I think McBride has been excellent - player of the season so far but when it comes to the cruch Liam Miller is that touch of class above the likes of McBride.

With a full season and a pre season behind him he could be frighteningly good next year if we can keep him!

lumbo_hfc
01-12-2009, 06:19 PM

No contest my arse! miller is a class act, much better goin forward and also gets stuck in!

Hibs90
01-12-2009, 06:30 PM
McBride

Minder
01-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Tough call, but think Millar will prosper more as season continues.

Mibbes Aye
01-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Interesting that McBride has more than double the votes Miller has in the "Player of the Season so far..." thread.

McBride is a key player for us IMO - his role is integral to the way the manager wants to see us play.

I think it's pretty clear however seeing Miller, that he has that difference in class about him from most others on the pitch.

It's absolutely tremendous we have both in Hibs jerseys. Think both can play even better than they have been as I don't think we've seen the best this team is capable of yet. Would have to go with Miller probably, as I feel he may just be a player who is more capable of a much higher level than us. At the same time, I think McBride is probably fulfilling the role that is most important to the team and fulfilling it in a way that I'm not sure anyone else could do (bar perhaps Ian Murray, who you suspect would fulfil any role in the team with consummate grace and commitment) .

hibee-shtuggie
01-12-2009, 07:58 PM
has to be miller, hes a cut above most spl players

I Love Lamp
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
McBride by a whisker for me for the simple reason that Miller, although better at running with the ball, tackling and being willing to have a shot at goal, tends to play plays the shortest pass possible.

It is good to play the easy ball but I sometimes think that even where there is a ball which is easy (for example, a wider pass) and which could help to get the ball forward a bit more quickly, Miller will always go for the SHORTEST pass rather than the easy one. I think this sometimes leads to the player he passes to coming under pressure from the same opposition players who were tracking Miller plus some others which results in a loss of possession. Of course, this is where his determination and ability to win the ball back comes into its own and what makes him a good player.

I still think this team is a wee bit slow at getting the ball through the midfield and I think Miller is, to some extent, to blame for this whereas McBride is better at getting it wide.

Still think Miller's a good player though :agree:

down-the-slope
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
McBride (not that I want to choose) best player this season so far and is more likley to stay with us rather than Miller who will move on when chance allows

Hibstrooper
01-12-2009, 08:30 PM

Don't get me wrong I like McBride but jeez oh - two McBride's in the team, we'd never get the ball in the box!