PDA

View Full Version : Yams Next 5 games

18/03/07
23-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Away to 3 teams below them in the league,Kilmarnock,Falkirk and Hamilton and at home to Celtic and Dundee utd.
They could be bottom of the league very soon.
VLAD MUST STAY

.Sean.
23-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Get ''Vladamir Romanov, Vladamir Romanov'' belted out at the next derby, as they used to :thumbsup:

vanNISHtelroy
24-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Well, they should beat us at Rugby Park :boo hoo:

BTW there will be a minutes silence (I would guess) at our game against Hearts for Frank Beattie. How do you lot think that will go with him having been captain of the '65 team that won the league on last day?

Danderhall Hibs
24-11-2009, 06:33 AM

BTW there will be a minutes silence (I would guess) at our game against Hearts for Frank Beattie. How do you lot think that will go with him having been captain of the '65 team that won the league on last day?

Is Kyle out injured?

Mikey
24-11-2009, 06:34 AM

Doubtful :cool2:

DaveF
24-11-2009, 06:53 AM

I would hope things will go OK. Older Yams will have the decency to respect a silence, but its the younger Section N (non) Nazi's who can't tell left from right that could be a problem.

CorrieHibs
24-11-2009, 07:55 AM

Do u think Killie will go down this season?

lapsedhibee
24-11-2009, 08:18 AM
there will be a minutes silence (I would guess) at our game against Hearts for Frank Beattie. How do you lot think that will go with him having been captain of the '65 team that won the league on last day?

Read in Beattie's obit and interview (http://www.killiefc.com/Do%20You%20Remember/FrankBeattie.htm) that he worked down the pit for the first six or so years of his Killiemarnock career. He played in roughly the same part of the pitch that Katie Thomson does, but seemed like a proper man. What a contrast in attitude in the short space of time from his interview in 1998 to Katie's columns in 2006/7. Not a legend for hibbies in quite the way that Sir Albert is, but thanks anyway for reminding us. :wink:

vanNISHtelroy
24-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Is Kyle out injured?

Heard that he is but not heard it confirmed. 'twill probably be a "faces late test" or summat

I now believe with JJ in charge, playing the formations and some of players he does, yes.

Kojock
24-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Away to 3 teams below them in the league,Kilmarnock,Falkirk and Hamilton and at home to Celtic and Dundee utd.
They could be bottom of the league very soon.
VLAD MUST STAY

The other day my wife asked me what I would like for Christmas, I told her that money couldnt buy this Years Christmas present.

Hertz to be bottom of the league

Looks like it could be a Christmas like no other. Whoooooooooo Hooooooooo!!

mim
24-11-2009, 09:41 AM

I was at that game. One of my best days out at Tynecastle. :wink:

Big Frank and Willie Waddell racing to each other at the end of the game to give each other a bear hug is something I will always remember. I wish I could have joined in. :thumbsup:

Let's never forget that Hearts would have won the league that day, if it had been decided on goal difference, like now. Just like they would have won the league against Dundee, if it had been decided on goal average, like then. :faf::faf::faf::faf:

wazoo1875
24-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Let's never forget that Hearts would have won the league that day, if it had been decided on goal difference, like now. Just like they would have won the league against Dundee, if it had been decided on goal average, like then. :faf::faf::faf::faf:

This sums them up for me , it always brings a smile to my face when i read it :faf:

GIRFUT

bobbyhibs1983
24-11-2009, 10:19 AM
The other day my wife asked me what I would like for Christmas, I told her that money couldnt buy this Years Christmas present.

Hertz to be bottom of the league

Looks like it could be a Christmas like no other. Whoooooooooo Hooooooooo!!

I think you missed a good opputunity here my freind.i think what you should have said is heartz to be beaten in the next 5games making them bottom and somehow(i do mean SOMEHOW) they go into adminastation, meaning a 10point deduction:devil:

jacomo
24-11-2009, 11:31 AM

Mon the Killie!

Ireallywasthere
24-11-2009, 11:40 AM
That was the first game I ever saw, just a pity I missed doing the double in 1986

HibbyAndy
24-11-2009, 05:03 PM

I dont, i think Hearts will go down this season, utter pish with potential players moving on in January.

Mibbes Aye
24-11-2009, 05:54 PM

They're quite big on respecting silences and that. I'm sure they won't be hypocrites by ruining this one.

Actually I'm not sure of that.

But I am sure they are spineless halfwits who've stood by and watched their club be stripped of every last shred of its dignity, while pretending it was everyone else's fault and there was nothing they could do about it.

:thumbsup:

I dont, i think Hearts will go down this season, utter pish with potential players moving on in January.

:agree:

Homfc are firmly in the relegation mire and January can only make matters worse.

matty_f
24-11-2009, 06:08 PM
They're quite big on respecting silences and that. I'm sure they won't be hypocrites by ruining this one.

Actually I'm not sure of that.

But I am sure they are spineless halfwits who've stood by and watched their club be stripped of every last shred of its dignity, while pretending it was everyone else's fault and there was nothing they could do about it.

:thumbsup:

:agree:

Homfc are firmly in the relegation mire and January can only make matters worse.

You're not suggesting Vlad has the Yams by the short and curlies and the fans are too scared to upset him incase he cries "ma baw" and folds them, are you?:greengrin

Mibbes Aye
24-11-2009, 06:46 PM
You're not suggesting Vlad has the Yams by the short and curlies and the fans are too scared to upset him incase he cries "ma baw" and folds them, are you?:greengrin

You're far too cynical :bitchy:

If only you had a shred of evidence of Vlad not gieing a 'flying' to back that statement up.

I don't know -

say a complete lack of investment in the team, while selling anything of value

or a lack of answers as to where the club's money had gone when asked at the AGM,

or the club having a track record of defaulting on payments to creditors,

or countless other examples of similar humiliation of the Homfc fans

if you had any of that, then and only then would you be in a position to make such a statement.

I know where you're coming from - I'd pish myself if I thought they were letting Vlad rub their noses in it by treating them like lily-livered cowards, too afraid to stand up for the team they claim to love :agree:

But in fairness, I think we need proof of that, examples and the suchlike, before we start criticising the misfortunates.

KeithTheHibby
24-11-2009, 06:48 PM
On paper the Yam bams are not any worse than your Killie's, Falkirk's, Hamilton's or St Mirren's for that matter which, in essence should be enough to keep them up.....however as that team has very little spirit and heart I do honestly think that relegation is a serious threat for the mob from Swiney.

Better teams than the Yams have been relegated in the past, here's hoping it happens this year.

Mibbes Aye
24-11-2009, 06:57 PM
On paper the Yam bams are not any worse than your Killie's, Falkirk's, Hamilton's or St Mirren's for that matter which, in essence should be enough to keep them up.....however as that team has very little spirit and heart I do honestly think that relegation is a serious threat for the mob from Swiney.

Better teams than the Yams have been relegated in the past, here's hoping it happens this year.

The season we went down we had more points at this stage than they do now.

And we didn't face losing our only half-decent players in January like they do either.

They would kill for a player like Pat McGinlay the now. Someone who would play for the shirt (not that Paddy would play for their poor excuse for a shirt).

Kaiser1962
24-11-2009, 06:59 PM

Agreed but Falkirk, Hamilton and both the Saints will be up for the fight. JJ should/will make Killie bad to beat if nothing else and then the big question is how much do the Hearts players want to fight it out for Csaba and Vlad? The next 6 games are vital for them especially the three away games. Loose them and they're snookered.

Dashing Bob S
24-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Are you hoping a better team than the Yams go down?

I think Falkirk and Hamilton will battle it out to see which of the two drops

Surely no such entity can be said to exist?

Mibbes Aye
24-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Are you hoping a better team than the Yams go down?

I think Falkirk and Hamilton will battle it out to see which of the two drops

At the start I thought Hamilton would struggle. Still looks likely. Nevertheless I suspect they have a wee bit capacity from their summer transfers that might allow them to spend a wee bit money in January in order to maintain their SPL place.

Falkirk also can capitalise on Barr and Arfield. Might just give them enough to do something in the window to avoid relegation.

As for Homfc - anyone who can command a transfer fee can go and any replacement is from the youth team.

I would rather be a Hamilton or Falkirk fan than a yam, when it comes to getting a team together to avoid relegation :agree: