PDA

View Full Version : Optimism

duffers
06-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I like bein optimistic and confident, but i think way too many people on this board are getting far to cocky ahead off the derby tomorrow!!

we are starting to sound like yams :grr:

Although we are 11 points ahead of them in the league and we have a far better team, a derby can go either way!! especially on their patch.

They are unbeatable game at ER.
Game after CIS at ER, We were expecting to stroll it.
And more recently last year at tynie wheir we fielded a half strength team and won 1-0.
Just a couple of examples..

Lets just keep our feet on the ground for the moment,
and celebrate after we beat them not before.

Hail Hail

ian cruise
06-11-2009, 11:30 AM
exactly

i was really optimistic about our chances pre aberdeen but all the talk of us putting 5,6,7 past them has no just made me terrified of ending up with egg on our faces and this website full of yams yukking it up

i dont care how many just a win will do.

Leith Green
06-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I agree ..

I actually think that the over cocky mouthy fans on either side tend to be the ones that don't actually go to the games..

The proper supporters who actually go to watch Hibs and especially in the derby games no not to mouth off before the game, the time for that is after you actually win the match ... :pray:

poolman
06-11-2009, 11:44 AM
I like bein optimistic and confident, but i think way too many people on this board are getting far to cocky ahead off the derby tomorrow!!

Although we are 11 points ahead of them in the league and we have a far better team, a derby can go either way!! especially on their patch.

And more recently last year at tynie wheir we fielded a half strength team and won 1-0.

Hail Hail

:top marks Threads like how many are we going to score just comes back to haunt you :bitchy:

Big Frank
06-11-2009, 11:53 AM

Hail Hail

I fully understand your sentiments, and mostly one side sets themselves up for a fall.

But have you seen what our neighbours get upto pre derby?? Its unbelievable, and we get nowhere near their levels!!

Lastly, us as supporters of Hibernian on a footie messageboard dont actually have the power to affect what will happen at the match.

The bonnyboys will either do the damage tomorrow or they won't.

If they play to form and win their indivisual battles there is no reason why we cant cuff them.

We get the first tomorrow and their heads will go down - their moronic fans will get on their backs damn quickly.

mon the Cabbage.

Craig_in_Prague
06-11-2009, 11:59 AM
I fully understand your sentiments, and mostly one side sets themselves up for a fall.

But have you seen what our neighbours get upto pre derby?? Its unbelievable, and we get nowhere near their levels!!

Lastly, us as supporters of Hibernian on a footie messageboard dont actually have the power to affect what will happen at the match.

The bonnyboys will either do the damage tomorrow or they won't.

If they play to form and win their indivisual battles there is no reason why we cant cuff them.

We get the first tomorrow and their heads will go down - their moronic fans will get on their backs damn quickly.

mon the Cabbage.

Well said that man. :top marks

It's just a message board. Doesn't influence anything, and if we get some stick for being optimistic on here, then so what. Stick will come no matter what, should we lose.
I'm sure in reality / person, we're not all going round telling any yams we know, that we'll beat them or hammer them.

We have every right to be optimistic for this one.
Good manager, has played in these games and knows what he's doing.
We have a quality bunch of players who look very hungry to do well.
We've had difficult games over the last 5-6 weeks, yet passed all the tests.
Goals aint flying in, but they'll start to go in.

We crave for a good side like this and now we have one, let's get behind them and be optimistic.

:notworthy:

Keith_M
06-11-2009, 12:09 PM
B*ll*cks, we're gonna score five goals, at least!

:greengrin

JeMeSouviens
06-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm more worried about long term injury damage than the result tomorrow. Black, Stewart, Bouzid, etc, will all be foaming at the mouth ready to kick our boys up and down the park.

If we get a strong ref we'll be fine, I think.

Alex Trager
06-11-2009, 12:23 PM
This was the exact point i made a couple of weeks ago, i hate sounding like them but they seem to think its us that talk our team up. it's always been them and i ****ing hate them

Makes no nsense but i hate them

ahibby
06-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Some may be over optimistic but I get the feeling that most people are just really looking forward to it with excitement. Personally I don't give a flying hoot what the result is because anything can happen in a derby, I half expect us to lose or draw but I'm still looking forward to it in anticipation of a sell out so great atmosphere and I think it will be entertaining.

Saorsa
06-11-2009, 12:45 PM
This was the exact point i made a couple of weeks ago, i hate sounding like them but they seem to think its us that talk our team up. it's always been them and i ****ing hate them

Makes no nsense but i hate themmakes perfect sense tae me.

**** the h****s

hibbie02
06-11-2009, 12:48 PM

Makes no nsense but i hate them

He doth protest too much!!! Somehow these are just the wrong words to use again...........:cool2: