PDA

View Full Version : A Very happy Hibbee!

Worcester Hibby
04-11-2009, 11:17 AM
A couple of weeks ago I was in London chatting to a married couple I know who are the owners of a company I do business with. Eventually the conversation came around to football and I asked who they supported. Being from Tyne & Wear they are big Newcastle fans, but said they never get to see them anymore as they are always watching their lad play at the weekend. "Oh really who does he play for" I innocently asked...."Hibs U19" was the answer. Turns out their lad is Matty Welch. Well you can imagine the next hour was spent doing no work and just chewing the fat about the mighty Hibees. They were full of praise for the new Training centre and all things Hibs.

If that wasn't cool enough I got a parcel in the post today which contained a signed shirt! Seemingly Matty's mum refused to do his weekly washing for him unless he got one for me as a present! what a generous gift and a typical example of the friendly nature of the "Hibs family"

It will be framed and put in pride of place on my Lad's bedroom wall.

Thank you Matty Welch!! (& family!!)
:thumbsup:

MB62
04-11-2009, 11:26 AM
A couple of weeks ago I was in London chatting to a married couple I know who are the owners of a company I do business with. Eventually the conversation came around to football and I asked who they supported. Being from Tyne & Wear they are big Newcastle fans, but said they never get to see them anymore as they are always watching their lad play at the weekend. "Oh really who does he play for" I innocently asked...."Hibs U19" was the answer. Turns out their lad is Matty Welch. Well you can imagine the next hour was spent doing no work and just chewing the fat about the mighty Hibees. They were full of praise for the new Training centre and all things Hibs.

If that wasn't cool enough I got a parcel in the post today which contained a signed shirt! Seemingly Matty's mum refused to do his weekly washing for him unless he got one for me as a present! what a generous gift and a typical example of the friendly nature of the "Hibs family"

Nice touch :thumbsup:

soupy
04-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Shouldny be giving strangers your address tho!!!:greengrin

down-the-slope
04-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Don't know if you have seen the laddie play but he stands out in every game I have seen. Pretty tall so is good in the air. Always wants the ball and is a good passer. He generally holds the central role in midfiled, and I would be very surprised if he does not get a contract at the end of the sesason.

oconnors_strip
04-11-2009, 07:09 PM

what a nice thing to do by the welch family:thumbsup:

i'll make sure matty knows that you received this.

Bishop Hibee
04-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Excellent!

I was down in my old stomping ground of County Durham and was speaking to a mate who had been at a do attended by Fergus Bell (Hibs under 19's) and family. Fergus went to school in Durham (?) My mate had a laugh when dessert came round and Fergus refused citing the strict coaches at ER who are always getting the calipers out to test body fat! Glad they don't try it with the fans.

Good to see Hibs casting the net far and wide to try get the best talent :top marks

sleeping giant
04-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Cracking wee story:agree:

jabis
04-11-2009, 09:50 PM
nice one...:thumbsup: