PDA

View Full Version : Team For Saturday

Judas Iscariot
03-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Can't see this already posted so here it is..

What team do you think we'll see or what team do you want to see on Saturday?

I don't think Hughes will change the system or formation and if that's the case I reckon Nish deserves to start in front of Benji!

If he's going to go with a extra man in midfield I hope it's Cregg and not Rankin, at least Cregg isn't scared to
get stuck in!

I think more of a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 would be preferable as that manky mob will flood the midfield and try to bore everyone to death and catch a sneaky goal on the break..

Stack

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Bamba
Murray

Zemamma
McBride
Miller
Cregg
Riordan

Stokes

That would leave us a really strong bench with Nish, Benji, Galbraith and potentially Byrne to choose from as attacking changes..

Thoughts?

Judas Iscariot
03-11-2009, 10:05 PM
EDIT: Any chance Admin can edit the title as I'm that excited I don't know what day the Derby is on :cool2:

FraserHFC
03-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Stack

Murray
Bamba
Hogg
McCormack

Riordan
McBride
Miller
Zemmama

Benji

Nish

Chuckie
03-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Same team as we've been playing but Thicot in for Hogg..

Judas Iscariot
03-11-2009, 10:23 PM

We know that's not going to happen now Neil is it!?

Hank Schrader
03-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Same team that's got us 14 points from the last six league games please. :wink: Providing Zoomer and McBride are fit which I assume they will be.

Scotthibs1875
03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Your are drunk i hope :jamboak:

Chuckie
03-11-2009, 10:40 PM
We know that's not going to happen now Neil is it!?

You asked what team I wanted STEVEN and you got it...
I'd like to see black protecting Stack...
Sheeeeet..

500miles
03-11-2009, 10:45 PM
...............Stack
...........Hogg..Bamba
W'spoon...............Murray
..........Miller...McBride
Zemmama...Benji...Riordan
...............Stokes

Why change what works?

basehibby
03-11-2009, 11:00 PM
If all are fit it would be hard to justify changing anything - but Nish did well when he came on against the Sheep so maybe there's a chance of him coming in for Benji???

In the event that Zemama isn't fit I could see Cregg coming in for a start - Bryne did very well coming on for Zooma on Sat, but I'd be surprised if Hughes chanced him from the start away at Tynie - the Yams' strength tends to be their midfield so the addition of Cregg could see us face up to them better in there.

PaulSmith
03-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I can see McCormack coming into left back as Hearts will do exactly the same as Rangers and pump high diagonal balls to Obua to play against Wotherspoon.

Apart from this it's the same as has done us well in the last 4 games.

BEEJ
03-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I can see McCormack coming into left back as Hearts will do exactly the same as Rangers and pump high diagonal balls to Obua to play against Wotherspoon.

Apart from this it's the same as has done us well in the last 4 games.
:agree: Not convinced I would play Wotherspoon at RB against Driver. Prefer McCormack or McCann in there for this match.

Nish for Benji, leaving the latter as a super-sub to come on and score a hat-trick in the last 15 minutes. :greengrin

Hibercelona
04-11-2009, 12:48 AM
..................... Stack
Galbraith Rankin Zemmama Mcbride
Miller Stokes Benji Nish Riordan Bryne

I always thought I deserved to be manager. :cool2:

Hibercelona
04-11-2009, 12:51 AM
On a serious note...

I would like to see us going there with a 3-5-2 formation.

I think over flooding them in midfield is the key.

matty_f
04-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Same team that's got us 14 points from the last six league games please. :wink: Providing Zoomer and McBride are fit which I assume they will be.

Same here.:agree:

macca70
04-11-2009, 12:54 AM
I'd make 1 change from the starting line up on saturday, i'd having Nish starting ahead of benji.

bighairyfaeleith
04-11-2009, 06:09 AM
same team as last week for me, lets run them over in the first ten minutes with a quick goal then watch the floodgates open as wee mikey loses the plot and nade runs (ahem) for the famous golden arches to seek solitude

If that doesn't appear to be working then increase the strength in the midfield but keep stokes and riordan on up front.

In the last 15 if all else fails introduce nish so he can fall on his arse get us a free kick for riordan to ping home.

simples!!!

Judas Iscariot
04-11-2009, 09:56 AM
You asked what team I wanted STEVEN and you got it...
I'd like to see black protecting Stack...
Sheeeeet..

We live in hope Neil :pray:

Hibs90
04-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Stackalambay

Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray

McBride Miller

Zooma Stokes Nish Deek

If Wotherspoon is getting a hard time, simply take off and bring on Stevenson and push the defence along like at Ibrox,

Ritchie
04-11-2009, 10:00 AM
same team as saturday.

think byrne should get a chance at some point as i thought he played well on saturday. :agree:

MacBean
04-11-2009, 10:04 AM
I'd make 1 change from the starting line up on saturday, i'd having Nish starting ahead of benji.
:agree:

Baw187
04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Agree with a couple of points made by others, namely -is Wotherspoon experienced enough to play against Driver and Nish possibly in for Benji.

I would still play Wotherspoon because Driver hasn't been at his best this season and I think that it is a good test for Wotherspoon that I'd be confident of him dealing with. He only struggled against Lafferty's hight and movement but he's a different player to Driver. Lafferty managed to get behind Wotherspoon to collect the ball - Driver picks the ball up deeper and runs at the fullback. Wotherspoon is stronger (IMO) at dealing with players running at him.

I think there's a stronger case for playing Nish - not because he scored a goal because that's just a silly reason. Nish will keep their 2 CBs busy, which will allow our other players more space. One thing we have lacked in recent weeks is space against teams sticking up the shutters. It will allow us to play with more width, and get more crosses in, which I also believe is a better tactic against this mince. See Motherwell's goal on Saturday.

M8UDB
04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Same team as Saturday but i would have McCann or McCormack in for Wotherspoon, not that the boy is a bad player but KM and DM can handle Driver better IMO. Wouldnt mind seeing Nish and Galbraith on at some stage though.
C'mon the Hibees :thumbsup:

cwilliamson85
04-11-2009, 10:26 AM
I would like to see Nish start. Good player for holding the bal up and knocking it down for stokes Deek and zouma to run onto. Handy with corners and free kicks with the added few inches Bwenji lacks.

Benji would also be a great sub to bring on wit 20 mins to go if still 0-0.

Speedway
04-11-2009, 01:20 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Let's go with the same XI as last week and save the industrious players such as Lewis, Rankin, Cregg and Nish on the bench until we have run out of ideas elsewhere.

Craig_in_Prague
04-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Although Hearts are a big, physical team, I would go with the same starting team of late - I just hope they're all fit, with zemmama being obviously the big doubt.

I was thinking that Deek is due a goal - guess he's been saving it for this weekend :cool2:

Teo10
04-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Although Hearts are a big, physical team, I would go with the same starting team of late - I just hope they're all fit, with zemmama being obviously the big doubt.

I was thinking that Deek is due a goal - guess he's been saving it for this weekend :cool2:

Celebrating scoring a goal against Hearts is allways amazing BUT celebrating Deek scoring a goal against them makes it that little bit better just because he hates them so much!!

I'd keep the same team, Would bring Nish on at half time depending on the score and how the game is going. Benji isn't the biggest fan of hearts either and will love to get it right up them for all the hillarious dog look-a-like jokes they will be abusing him with!

soupy
04-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Keep it the same, no need to change it if everones fit...:thumbsup:

Wotherspiniesta
04-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Same team if Zemamma is fit, if not then push Wotherspoon forward and move McCormack in to RB.

Danderhall Hibs
04-11-2009, 01:44 PM
...............Stack
...........Hogg..Bamba
Zemmama...Benji...Riordan
...............Stokes

Nearly the same as me...

...............Stack
...........Hogg..Bamba
Zemmama...Riordan...Rankin
...............Stokes

I think Riordan is wasted out there so bring him into the middle for Benji and get Rankin in to get a few tackles in. they’re a big, physical team so we’ll need a few battlers in the middle of the park.

Judas Iscariot
04-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Nearly the same as me...

...............Stack
...........Hogg..Bamba
...............Stokes

I think Riordan is wasted out there so bring him into the middle for Benji and get Rankin in to get a few tackles in. they’re a big, physical team so we’ll need a few battlers in the middle of the park.

Rankin's a bit crap though and doesn't really tackle :cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
04-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Rankin's a bit crap though and doesn't really tackle :cool2:

:hilarious

Cregg then but I don't think he's a lefty.

JimBHibees
04-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Same team if Zemamma is fit, if not then push Wotherspoon forward and move McCormack in to RB.

Same thinking as me though may prefer a natural full back like McCann with DW pushed wide right.

matty_f
04-11-2009, 03:43 PM
:hilarious

Cregg then but I don't think he's a lefty.

Cregg would definitely be a good option against a big, physical side like the Yams.:agree:

HibbyAndy
04-11-2009, 04:03 PM
OK whats the chat with refering to Hearts as a 'big physical team' all the time?:greengrin

500miles
04-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Nearly the same as me...

...............Stack
...........Hogg..Bamba
...............Stokes

They're a big physical team, but it's no done them much good, because they are so easily played around. Miller McBride and both good enough tacklers, and our CH's keep a high line, which restricts Hearts in the middle.

I think Riordan has played well on the left - he's now looking leaner and faster, and he's running at players again. This added to the fact that he still looks like goal threat means that he is finally reaching his potential.

Danderhall Hibs
04-11-2009, 06:00 PM
OK whats the chat with refering to Hearts as a 'big physical team' all the time?:greengrin

Has it been said a lot Andy? It's probably just slipping in sub-consciously - we all know they're a big physical team, it's like the land of the giants over there. We need to be wary of their physicality and it appears everyone's realising that.

matty_f
04-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Has it been said a lot Andy? It's probably just slipping in sub-consciously - we all know they're a big physical team, it's like the land of the giants over there. We need to be wary of their physicality and it appears everyone's realising that.

:agree: I don't think folk will have intentionally mentioned that the Yams are a big, physical side, however when you're about to play a big, physical side like the Yams it's only natural that folk may mention it.