PDA

View Full Version : Mark Mcghee must apologise to Ian Murray !

MozHibs1875
03-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Having watched the tackle at least 5 times , its clear Ian doesnt even touch Fyvie , yet Mcghee has totally slandered Murray in the press .

He cannot be allowed to get away witjh this .

Will not hold my breath waiting on an apology , Hibs should be pushing for it though .

The_Todd
03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Wouldn't be Hibs style to make a public hoo-haa. If Aberdeen want to continually make fools of themselves then let them, Hibs must rise above this and leave them to their pettiness.

matty_f
03-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Wouldn't be Hibs style to make a public hoo-haa. If Aberdeen want to continually make fools of themselves then let them, Hibs must rise above this and leave them to their pettiness.

:agree:

To be honest, it shouldn't take anything other than common decency for McGhee to apologise to Ian Murray.

Petrie's Tache
03-11-2009, 06:00 PM

To be honest, it shouldn't take anything other than common decency for McGhee to apologise to Ian Murray.

Here lies your problem Matty.

Phil D. Rolls
03-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Robeson must sing!

machibby
03-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Here lies your problem Matty.
Agreed, the guy is a class A clown. Read his nonsense about how the lads only 16 and maybe there's a bit of inexperience with how to ride such a tackle and yet then he goes on to slate Murray. Seems to me he can't have it both ways , bottom line is if you're going to play kids that age week in week out they're going to eventually come a cropper. The tackle was fair and proffessional and the kid will have learnd from it. Still a pity the lads come out of it with such an injury.

Spike Mandela
03-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Doesn't look likely.........

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1465423

MozHibs1875
03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
What the f@*k is the trumpet talking about 'hurt the player' , He didn't even TOUCH the player !!!! Ball was won cleanly . :grr:

Saorsa
03-11-2009, 06:49 PM

To be honest, it shouldn't take anything other than common decency for McGhee to apologise to Ian Murray.He's a classless tit so that isnae going tae happen.

ancienthibby
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
He's a classless tit so that isnae going tae happen.

Mark MaGoo's apology will be to the Aberdeen FC lawyer who did not get a chance to veto the statement put out on the website!!

There is some deep doo-doo facing Messrs WUllie MUller and Mr. Milne over this - what chance 5 points deduction to they sheeps??

jakedance
03-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Mark MaGoo's apology will be to the Aberdeen FC lawyer who did not get a chance to veto the statement put out on the website!!

There is some deep doo-doo facing Messrs WUllie MUller and Mr. Milne over this - what chance 5 points deduction to they sheeps??

None whatsoever. I would hope the SFA and PFA will come out in support of Murray though. It's a quite bizarre attack on him considering he's entirely innocent.

rightwinger
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Ian Murray's done nothing wrong and, as the recent Hibs.net article suggests, Aberdeen are well out of order to keep questioning our player's integrity.

I don't want to see Hughes get involved in some war of words in the press, but I'd certainly hope Hibs are sending a swift letter to the SFA about this. The comments are also unhelpful to an inexperienced ref who has technically done nothing wrong - you could argue that clamping down on late challenges (from Riordan as well) early was very responsible in wet conditions.

Harsh or not, the Aberdeen boys that got sent-off each committed two bookable offences. Unlike Murray, they were nowhere near the ball both times. Just because Aberdeen are sore about that gives them no right to keep throwing mud at Murray.

The game up there before Christmas will definitely have some added spice now. Six weeks out for Fyvie means that he'll just about be coming back in time for that match!

basehibby
03-11-2009, 08:05 PM
MaGoo is such a hypocritical fud it is simply beyond belief. How he - a supposedly professional football manager - can insinuate that Murray should somehow have gone into that challenge half hearted just in case he hurt the wee laddie - well words fail me.
However, from McGhee's own words, he himself is ultimately responsible for Fyvie's injury - because according to him Fyvie is too inexperienced to know how to ride a tackle. Well McGhee - it's you that put this laddie onto the football field to play against a team of grown men - so if he's not ready and has got hurt as a result then the finger of blame can ONLY point at YOU! That you are too much of a coward to shoulder the blame for your own mistake is sadly not surprising - trying to shift the blame onto Murray in the media and build him into some sort of monster is utterly despicable. :jamboak::bye:

judas
03-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Having watched the tackle at least 5 times , its clear Ian doesnt even touch Fyvie , yet Mcghee has totally slandered Murray in the press .

He cannot be allowed to get away witjh this .

Will not hold my breath waiting on an apology , Hibs should be pushing for it though .

I'm with you on this one and have watched the footage a few times.

What we gonna do about this.

I could challenge Mcghee to a fight. I could meet him halfway at Dundee.

No, but seriously I agree and think Mcghee should apologise.

camhibby1
03-11-2009, 08:19 PM
McGee won't apologise, however, someone from Aberdeen FC sould be made to do so. Aberdeen, by allowing that rubbish to be posted on their official site, which we know with all available evidence is untrue, will have to answer to the powers that be and from what happens there, McGee's comments will be seen for what they are and he will be made to look more foolish if at all possible than he is now. The guy is a prize prat and needs to grow up - and to use two of his players to back him up shows how weak he is as a person.

maturehibby
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Not in a million years waas it a foul by Murray however had McGuire connected with Riordan in the first half when cautioned we would have been talking about a leg break and a long time out of the game .
My point is however how can they talk about tackles when the worst tackle I have ever seen in my many years was the one by Simpson on Durrant which broke his leg and cut his career prematurely short which happened during McGhee's playing career at the Dons which to this day( still rankles with the Huns rightly) as the most brutal one I have ever seen which deserved Jailtime - so let them cut out this false indignation and remember what they have on the own conscience which they have conveniently forgot

Kevvy1875
03-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Too right he owe's Murray an apology. The SFA or whoever is calling the shots has to stop this slander or its just gonna manifest in to something alot worse. You can see future Hibs V Aberdeen games being "niggle" matches now.

Do the decent thing Hugh Dallas and tell McGhee he is a fudd.:agree:

Westie1875
03-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Time for Yogi to speak up for Murray again now IMO, Magoo cannot be allowed to continue these ridiculous accusations against Ian in the press. He would not and did not go out to injure the laddie, there was NOTHING wrong with the tackle whatsoever.

Say what you like about Craig Levein but you wouldn't here this nonsense coming from his mouth, only last season one of his players (the name escapes me) was out for 6 months after a tackle from Hogg and Levein was in the papers saying it wasn't Hoggy's fault and was an accident straight away.

Gatecrasher
03-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Time for Yogi to speak up for Murray again now IMO, Magoo cannot be allowed to continue these ridiculous accusations against Ian in the press. He would not and did not go out to injure the laddie, there was NOTHING wrong with the tackle whatsoever.

i think hibs usually conduct themselves well in these situations

say what needs to be said then if it continues then just say nothing and let them make ***** of themselves.

yogi has better things to do than bite to the bitter arse that is Mark McGhee :agree:

Leith Green
03-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Managers regularly make poor calls and rash statements immediatly after matches, regarding various incidents that may or may not have occurred.

The difference here is that McGee does not have the decency or common sense to admit he was totally wrong, whereas any manager with any ounce of integrity would immediatly state that he called it wrong in the heat of the moment, and swiftly make a statement to this effect.

I always saw McGee in this way and he has only compounded my take on him as not only a manager, but a person..

He is basically a bitter, self important west coast mouthpiece and he would have fitted in well across the the city had he taken up that post, as its the kind of drivel you expect from Romanov and his Lithuanian trumpets in the land of willy wonka and peter pan ! ...

Seveno
03-11-2009, 09:28 PM
All you have to do is look at their position in the League. 11 points out of 10 games.

This drivel is the start of his resignation letter.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Doesn't look likely.........

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1465423

If the quotes in that article are completely accurate then that is an utter disgrace.

The way that Aberdeen have conducted themselves since Saturday is absolutely shocking and completely unprofessional. If I was an Aberdeen fan, I would be highly embarrassed by the statements on the official website and comments from the club manager and Director of Football.

I didn't think I would dislike a manager as much as Gordon Strachan but Mark McGhee has just surpassed him by quite some distance.

Total clown.

lyonhibs
03-11-2009, 10:04 PM
I cannot think of a particularly erudite way of putting this.

Mark McGhee is a fat, moany, blinkered, disrespectful arse with a coupon you would literally never tire of punching.

How he can sit there and say, time after time (i.e. not just in the heat of the moment) that Murray "knew what he was doing" and was "overly robust" is beyond belief. Murray tackled the ball fair and square, and if McGhee is such a chump to put out a 16 year old laddie onto the field of play that can't take such a fair tackle, then I think we can all see where the fault lies.

For him to imply that Murray kind of "sneakily" injured his player intentionally, with his winning of the ball just a "experienced trick" to avoid a yellow card is unreal.

Bottom line, he's probably just jealous he doesn't have a player like Murray, with the commitment and ability Murray shows week in, week out in his team.

Mark McGhee has just soared to the top of my "fat, 'orrible ****" list, a position formerly occupied by Gordon Strachan.

brog
04-11-2009, 10:52 AM
To give the Yams credit for once, the funniest thing I read about McGhee was after he cancelled his flight to Lithuania to see Mad Vlad & become Yams manager.
A Yam wrote " thank God McGhee only had carry on luggage "!!
Excellent!

Spike Mandela
06-11-2009, 07:05 PM
This fud is still at it and he is going to cause a witch hunt against Murray and probably a few 'over robust' but probably not legitimate tackles coming his way at Pittodrie in 6 weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8347208.stm

WindyMiller
06-11-2009, 07:12 PM
"McGhee has not read web comments"

F***ing liar.

EasterRoad4Ever
06-11-2009, 07:17 PM
The guy is an arse. Any reasonable individual having seen the tackle again from various angles would have retracted those comments as quickly as possible. The fact that this idiot hasn't just shows what type of character we're dealing with - and what type of behaviour is being encouraged at Aberdeen.

Very sad. And to think he could have been Hibs manager :bitchy:

Saorsa
06-11-2009, 07:19 PM
This fud is still at it and he is going to cause a witch hunt against Murray and probably a few 'over robust' but probably not legitimate tackles coming his way at Pittodrie in 6 weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8347208.stmWhat a complete and utter tosser he is :bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2009, 08:42 PM
He's just making himself look more ridiculous, if this is indeed now possible. Everybody in the western world from Steve Wonder to Ray Charles, saw nothing in that tackle, bar McGhee. He doesn't know to stop digging when in a hole.

Robinho08
06-11-2009, 08:45 PM
McGhee is a one season wonder ungracious tool. I've always had a degree of respect for Aberdeen, but that is slowly going out the window.

poolman
06-11-2009, 08:51 PM
The man's a pleb