PDA

View Full Version : Injury News ?

DaveSo
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Any news on how Zemmama is after his injury on Saturday ?
Will he be fit for this weekend ?

Can't seem to find any update anywhere about this.

Speedway
03-11-2009, 01:48 PM
We've got to be careful about playing Zoumer. Hearts are a big, physical side.

cwilliamson85
03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I think we have to look at the big picture.

Please do nto play him if not fit as he will just get kicked off the park!

DaveSo
03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
What nonsense.
You don't not play him just cos he might get kicked.

We need to know first if he is available for selection before we discuss if he should play or not.

GlesgaeHibby
03-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Yogi said he should be fine.

Hibee87
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
I think we have to look at the big picture.

Please do nto play him if not fit as he will just get kicked off the park!

A half fit zemma would rip the piss out of most hearts players, All it takes is for a big tackle to come in he will dodge it and prob get a hearts player sent of in the process. zemmama is a match winner and should play every game its a mans game aftetr all and you cant say 'oh those big boys mighit get me am no lpaying'

mickey stewart if he plays is still carrying an ankle knock, wonder if miller or mcbride well be nipping at his ankles during the game :jamboak:

Sir David Gray
03-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Hughes said on the official website on Saturday night that he will definitely be fit by Saturday.

Whether that's him just playing mind games with Hearts or it's actually the truth remains to be seen.

cwilliamson85
03-11-2009, 03:43 PM
A half fit zemma would rip the piss out of most hearts players, All it takes is for a big tackle to come in he will dodge it and prob get a hearts player sent of in the process. zemmama is a match winner and should play every game its a mans game aftetr all and you cant say 'oh those big boys mighit get me am no lpaying'

mickey stewart if he plays is still carrying an ankle knock, wonder if miller or mcbride well be nipping at his ankles during the game :jamboak:

I am seeing it from a seasons picture not a 90 min picture. Imagine a not so fit Zemma plays gets kicked off the park tehn is out of action for 3 months.

Would rather see a full 11 fit players on the park than 10.5 fit players.

greenlex
03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Hughes said on the official website on Saturday night that he will definitely be fit by Saturday.

Whether that's him just playing mind games with Hearts or it's actually the truth remains to be seen.

Na if it was mind games he would be saying he is a real doubt and then unleash him on them on Saturday.

Hibee87
03-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I am seeing it from a seasons picture not a 90 min picture. Imagine a not so fit Zemma plays gets kicked off the park tehn is out of action for 3 months.

Would rather see a full 11 fit players on the park than 10.5 fit players.

Sorry didnt make it clear, Zemmama will be fit according to yogi and wee man himself. I just menat EVEN a half fit zouma would rip the piss outta them :thumbsup:

rightwinger
03-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't risk Zemmama from the start if he hasn't fully recovered.

I don't think the 4-2-4 is the right idea for Saturday to be fair. I think Rankin should come in to support McBride and allow Miller to do a bit more probing. He's such a key link to the strikers and its important he doesn't spend too much of the game supporting McBride when Rankin can do that.

The width Zemmama brings would be missed though and IMO Benji should be the one to drop to the bench. IIRC Miller played on the right side for Celtic and did a really good job there so that's a possibility but, that said, it's also important that Yogi doesn't alter things too much. The other difficulty with 4-2-4 is that all our flair players play from the start - it might be good to keep Benji in reserve to change things later in the game.

I have a feeling that if MZ doesn't make it, Hughes will end up going with the usual set up with Byrne in on the right. Not sure about Byrne. I'd prefer to see:

-----------------------Stack

Wotherspoon-----Hogg------Bamba-------Murray

----------------McBride-----Rankin

------------------------Miller
Zemmama---------------------------Riordan
----------------------Stokes----------------

Sloppy
03-11-2009, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't risk Zemmama from the start if he hasn't fully recovered.

I don't think the 4-2-4 is the right idea for Saturday to be fair. I think Rankin should come in to support McBride and allow Miller to do a bit more probing. He's such a key link to the strikers and its important he doesn't spend too much of the game supporting McBride when Rankin can do that.

The width Zemmama brings would be missed though and IMO Benji should be the one to drop to the bench. IIRC Miller played on the right side for Celtic and did a really good job there so that's a possibility but, that said, it's also important that Yogi doesn't alter things too much. The other difficulty with 4-2-4 is that all our flair players play from the start - it might be good to keep Benji in reserve to change things later in the game.

I have a feeling that if MZ doesn't make it, Hughes will end up going with the usual set up with Byrne in on the right. Not sure about Byrne. I'd prefer to see:

-----------------------Stack

Wotherspoon-----Hogg------Bamba-------Murray

----------------McBride-----Rankin

------------------------Miller
Zemmama---------------------------Riordan
----------------------Stokes----------------
---------------------------stack

--------------hogg----------bamba----------murray

-----------------------------mcbride

------------------------miller------rankin

-----zemamma--------------------------------riordan

---------------------------nish------stokes

ahibby
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
A back 3 would be interesting but I can't see Yogi going with that, it certainly would be brave and he is brave but I don't think he'll play 3 at the back. I think I would go with the normal starting eleven and bring on Nishy near the end. If we get to a point when we have a lone striker I don't think it would matter whether it was Nishy or Benji. Same goes for sitting in farther back, either could do it well. The wings are perhaps the biggest threat and maybe that's why he'll deem it too risky to go with three at the back. Height may also be something he considers and you never know he maybe play Nishy and Benji but in my opinion he couldn't drop Stokesy so I don't know he would drop to accommodate them both, and he probably won't anyway.

silverhibee
03-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I hear Zemmama is struggling and could be out for a couple of weeks.

GC
04-11-2009, 12:56 AM

Where you hearing this from?

I thought Yogi said all is fine and he is available for the weekend.

Hibercelona
04-11-2009, 01:56 AM

It was worse than it first appeared :agree:

Lets just hope he can get back as soon as possible. If he can make it against Hearts, then great. But I'd rather not risk the wee man.

HFC 0-7
04-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I am not sure zemmama was really that injured. Yogi maybe told him to come off against aberdeen. Booked early on, a game that anyone could see was going to have tasty tackles going in, an Zouma, how likes to get stuck in at times could well have seen red in that game I feel.

I think he will be fit!

Hibs90
04-11-2009, 08:50 AM
At the time I said he was faking the injury.

Hibbyradge
04-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Yogi said straight after the game that Zouma would be fit.

How on earth would he know?

To me, it was clearly a case of not giving our opponents any information to help them prepare.

The bit about "knowing how soft those Moroccans are" said it all for me. A smokescreen

He's got a groin injury and will be out, imo.

I hope Galbraith is fit.

MacBean
04-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Yogi said straight after the game that Zouma would be fit.

How on earth would he know?

To me, it was clearly a case of not giving our opponents any information to help them prepare.

The bit about "knowing how soft those Moroccans are" said it all for me. A smokescreen

He's got a groin injury and will be out, imo.

I hope Galbraith is fit.

:agree:
was he out for Saturday? was pretty surprised to see Byrne come on, I came into the ground late so missed who was on the bench and sit in the West Upper so couldnt see the bench/ dont pay attention to subs coming out to warm up.

Hibbyradge
04-11-2009, 09:10 AM
:agree:
was he out for Saturday? was pretty surprised to see Byrne come on, I came into the ground late so missed who was on the bench and sit in the West Upper so couldnt see the bench/ dont pay attention to subs coming out to warm up.

I think he had taken a knock in training during the previous week.

Sergey
04-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I think he had taken a knock in training during the previous week.

You sure do have some spot-on info about Zemmema.

You were bang on the money when you said he'd be out for 6 weeks after the Bolton game :agree:

I never doubted you.

Last Minute
04-11-2009, 09:17 AM
It was worse than it first appeared :agree:

Lets just hope he can get back as soon as possible. If he can make it against Hearts, then great. But I'd rather not risk the wee man.

Have also heard he is defo out for next 2 weeks:grr: