PDA

View Full Version : Murray responds....

--------
03-11-2009, 12:57 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-star-Murray-left-stunned.5789003.jp

"I have to say I am a little disappointed by the reaction. I'm a bit confused by what Mark McGhee said – the tackle was legitimate but was over-robust, what does that mean if you win the ball?

"McDonald said I'd gone over the top but I have never gone in to hurt someone. I've gone in hard to get the ball and I think the fans, the gaffer and myself would have been disappointed if I hadn't gone in whole-hearted.

"Aberdeen may have been down to nine men but there was always a chance they could nick a goal which would have been a disaster for us and I was determined to win the ball which I feel I did."

Exactly.

The official comments on the Dons' website regarding the referee are outrageous.

Speedway
03-11-2009, 01:06 PM
I think it's very healthy that Murray has got his hard tackle out in the open.

People need to realise that though it may be regarded as a big tackle to Aberdonians, to us, it was simply run of the mill tackle that we all see every day.

Murray's tackle let Fyvie know that if you want to make it in the SPL, you've got to face up to the hard tackle of many an SPL defender.

Aberdeen were attacking down the Hibs left on Saturday and Murray had a lot to deal with and a lot to fit in, his tackle did exactly that.

Ultimately I think, that if you're young and wide open, you can't argue if some hard tackle slips in smoothly from behind.

That's the length and breadth of it.

givescotlandfreedom
03-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm glad to hear Murray speak out, to allow the sheep away with these bitter ramblings suggests agreement. I'll go as far as to say they were the dirtiest team I've seen here in a long time. Kicking, hacking, yard stealing, ref intimidation, time wasting, it's all in the AFC bag of tricks. Tossers

Lofarl
03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Its as clear as day Murrays tackle was fine. We've have seen countless tackles like that in any football match. The lad landed badly and the sheep just feel hard done by. Expect the same kicking tactics when we go up there in December.

givescotlandfreedom
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Its as clear as day Murrays tackle was fine. We've have seen countless tackles like that in any football match. The lad landed badly and the sheep just feel hard done by. Expect the same kicking tactics when we go up there in December.

:agree:The same "innocent and naive" lad that had been clipping Liam Miller's ankles 5 minutes before it.

hibsbollah
03-11-2009, 01:12 PM

:eek:

--------
03-11-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm glad to hear Murray speak out, to allow the sheep away with these bitter ramblings suggests agreement. I'll go as far as to say they were the dirtiest team I've seen here in a long time. Kicking, hacking, yard stealing, ref intimidation, time wasting, it's all in the AFC bag of tricks. Tossers

Agree.

Maybe someone should explain to Fyvie just what Mr Miller, his club's director of football, used to get away with in the old days. Miller was one of the dirtiest defenders I've ever seen.

And HE played in the same back four as McLeish and Doug Rougvie!!!!!!!!!!!!

marinello59
03-11-2009, 01:14 PM

I am no Calderwood fan but he would never have sent his team out to play like that. McGhee is culpable for what happened to his side. It suits him to deflect attention from his own shortcomings at present and gives him a chance to get the Sheep on his side. I hope he enjoys that while it lasts, they will turn on him big style soon.

givescotlandfreedom
03-11-2009, 01:18 PM
I am no Calderwood fan but he would never have sent his team out to play like that. McGhee is culpable for what happened to his side. It suits him to deflect attention from his own shortcomings at present and gives him a chance to get the Sheep on his side. I hope he enjoys that while it lasts, they will turn on him big style soon.

:agree: I even thought at the game McGhee had lost the plot as half of their team particularly 22 were already on a booking and still giving it out. I would think had then been us Yogi would be losing the plot with them. They should count themselves lucky 22 was not sent off before half time, never mind for the whole game.

Jack
03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Would there have been this same furore about Ian Murrays tackle if he had never played for Rangers? Or maybe even Dundee Utd?

Rangers hate Aberdeen hate Rangers.

Dundee Utd seen as derby rivals???

He's never done much to endear the sheepies to him, has he?

Jay
03-11-2009, 01:31 PM

Said similar to someone yesterday. I have never seen Aberdeen come out with that style of play before and McGhee needs to take a look at himself before pointing the finger. The Aberdeen fans wont have much to look forward to this season if thats what they are dishing out.

Baader
03-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Mr McGoo needs his eyes tested if he thinks there was anything whatsoever wrong with that challenge. Just cause he won't land his beloved Celtic job is no need to take it out on Ian Murray!

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 01:40 PM
:eek:

:hilarious

shagpile
03-11-2009, 01:40 PM

"I have to say I am a little disappointed by the reaction. I'm a bit confused by what Mark McGhee said – the tackle was legitimate but was over-robust, what does that mean if you win the ball?

"McDonald said I'd gone over the top but I have never gone in to hurt someone. I've gone in hard to get the ball and I think the fans, the gaffer and myself would have been disappointed if I hadn't gone in whole-hearted.

"Aberdeen may have been down to nine men but there was always a chance they could nick a goal which would have been a disaster for us and I was determined to win the ball which I feel I did."

Exactly.

The official comments on the Dons' website regarding the referee are outrageous.

If MacDonald has watched the replay , i hope he is man enough to contact IM & offer an apology.
Doubt he will though.

--------
03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
:agree: I even thought at the game McGhee had lost the plot as half of their team particularly 22 were already on a booking and still giving it out. I would think had then been us Yogi would be losing the plot with them. They should count themselves lucky 22 was not sent off before half time, never mind for the whole game.

Shurely shome mishtake here? 22 is Ifil - he was the BBC reporter's Man ot the Match?

Do you not agree he was the outstanding player on the pitch the whole 90 minutes? And never put a foot wrong?

No?

Well, neither do I, mate. :devil:

Ifil could have gone, so could Considine, and as I keep saying, Fyvie himself was at it all through the game until he was carried off.

McGhee sent Aberdeen out like this at Ibrox and got away with it, so he decided to do it again. This time it didn't work, because the referee, bad man that he is, penalised them for what they were doing. And we managed finally to find the way to break them down and beat them.

GlesgaeHibby
03-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Craig Paterson summed it up perfectly last night by saying that if you take tackles like that out of the game, you might as well forget about football.

Regarding the Ref's performance he called most of the big decisions correct:

Ross First Yellow: Correct
Maguire First Yellow: Correct. If he'd made contact it would have been a red.
Ross Second Yellow: Harsh
Maguire Red: Correct. You can't stamp like that.
Murray tackle: Correct. Clean as a whistle.

stubru59
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
If Murray's t tackle is over the top, we're not playing football. I actually thought the lad was making a meal of it in order to waste time.

Also, since when did a "robust" challenge become a booking or sending-off offence?

Speedway
03-11-2009, 01:55 PM
If Murray's t tackle is over the top, we're not playing football. I actually thought the lad was making a meal of it in order to waste time.

Also, since when did a "robust" challenge become a booking or sending-off offence?

I don't think Murray's tackle is over the top, it's just bigger than the dandy dons are used to.

If you're dribbling outside the box, you're always going to get Murray's tackle in there somewhere.

stubru59
03-11-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't think Murray's tackle is over the top, it's just bigger than the dandy dons are used to.

If you're dribbling outside the box, you're always going to get Murray's tackle in there somewhere.

Knew as soon as I hit the submit button this could be "misconstrued".

You're right all the same.

steviedonx
03-11-2009, 02:07 PM
murray is a ledge and should be playing for scotland

end of.

lapsedhibee
03-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Knew as soon as I hit the submit button this could be "misconstrued".

We can only hope that Speedway doesn't notice the other thread about soldiers standing at attention on the pitch on Saturday.

CB_NO3
03-11-2009, 02:28 PM
The more I see the tackle the better it gets, its perfectly timed. As someone has already said we have already seen Murray do that this season. Am sure Bamba put in a great tackle this season which was similiar. It was just unfortunate that it happened to a 16 year old laddie who aint fully developed. I actually think this Fyvie lad will be a very good player for Aberdeen and looks certain to be a future Scotland star.

Petrie's Tache
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM

People need to realise that though it may be regarded as a big tackle to Aberdonians, to us, it was simply run of the mill tackle that we all see every day.

Murray's tackle let Fyvie know that if you want to make it in the SPL, you've got to face up to the hard tackle of many an SPL defender.

Aberdeen were attacking down the Hibs left on Saturday and Murray had a lot to deal with and a lot to fit in, his tackle did exactly that.

Ultimately I think, that if you're young and wide open, you can't argue if some hard tackle slips in smoothly from behind.

:rolleyes:

wazoo1875
03-11-2009, 02:39 PM

:shocked:

:greengrin

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 02:40 PM
:rolleyes:

:applause:

greenlex
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Speedway you're a bad man. They made me laugh though. :thumbsup:

RoslinInstHibby
03-11-2009, 02:58 PM

BIG Tackle....sponsored by Claude Makelele:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Thats got to be up there with the "Dixon lobbed seaman from 30 yards" :tee hee:

basehibby
03-11-2009, 05:08 PM

Go and do your own ankle ligaments before you make that kind of acusation - apart from that I agree :greengrin

hibsbollah
03-11-2009, 05:25 PM
The more I see the tackle the better it gets

:hmmm:

Phil D. Rolls
03-11-2009, 05:56 PM

Exactly.

totally out of order, especially when you consider their deliberate tactics of hurting our players. I think someone in sheeptown needs to grow up.

Phil D. Rolls
03-11-2009, 05:58 PM
murray is a ledge and should be playing for scotland

end of.

Maybe he'll get a game after the transfer window closes? Ledge, geddit???!!!

Wilson
03-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Maybe he'll get a game after the transfer window closes? Ledge, geddit???!!!

Are you cill here? :rolleyes:

Cropley10
03-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Go and do your own ankle ligaments before you make that kind of acusation - apart from that I agree :greengrin

But has he done his ligaments??

He goes down clutching his thigh. And from the few times I've seen it he doesn't appear to land badly either.

I think he was playing for time, or was trying to get Murray sent off (or both I suppose).

lapsedhibee
03-11-2009, 06:30 PM
But has he done his ligaments??

He goes down clutching his thigh. And from the few times I've seen it he doesn't appear to land badly either.

I think he was playing for time, or was trying to get Murray sent off (or both I suppose).

Getting carted away on a stretcher is taking time-wasting a bit too seriously, non?

ancient hibee
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Is must be a bit galling to tell your players to "get in the other team's faces "or "just leave your foot in"(not that Ross has ever needed any encouragement)only to find that first the ref is having none of it,and second it doesn't work anyway.So all you can do is moan to daddy.

Jonnyboy
03-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Had any player or manager made the sort of comments emanating from Pittodrie via their official website, a fine would soon be levied so I hope the SPL/SFA or whoever the hell determines these things fine Aberdeen football club accordingly.

It beggars belief that even some days after the event, with ample time to view the footage, that such accusations are being made against Ian Murray and the referee.

Aberdeen and their creche got exactly what they deserved - nowt :agree:

jgl07
03-11-2009, 11:20 PM
If there was ligament damage why was he writhing about theatrically.

If you are genuinely injury that sort of movement will aggrevate the problem.

If you are injured you keep absolutely still.

Jonnyboy
03-11-2009, 11:27 PM

Not sure about that to be honest. If you've done your ligaments all you know is that you are in hellish pain and rolling around might come quite naturally :agree:

NaeTechnoHibby
04-11-2009, 03:19 AM
As another Hibee said to me tonight.."Why play 16 year olds if you dinnae want them to get hurt on the first team playing stage??"

We have played numerous younsters over the years, and we have lost a few, and yet many have gone on to survive :agree:

If Mcghee thought he was good enough to play then it's just bad luck that he's come off worst in a fair challenge with a more experienced player :agree:

poolman
04-11-2009, 07:05 AM
Said similar to someone yesterday. I have never seen Aberdeen come out with that style of play before and McGhee needs to take a look at himself before pointing the finger. The Aberdeen fans wont have much to look forward to this season if thats what they are dishing out.

:agree:

I think it's obvious that Magoo told his players to get right in to players like Zooma and Deeks from the kick off

It's backfired on the greetin-faced trumpet and now he's blaming the ref and the Hibs players for his own shortcomings

Grade A :asshole: is Magoo

Ray_
04-11-2009, 07:07 AM

I think that's the crux of the matter, the "Dandy Dons" are not dandy any more and the result is them lashing out not only physically [as Saturday showed], but verbally as well.

green.oracle
04-11-2009, 08:32 AM
In all my years of watching football, I cant remember so much c**p coming from one game/team when the team's tactics of kicking Hibs off the park resulted in 2 (correct) ordering offs.

April 2007 - 2 Hibs youngsters (McCaffrey and Lynch) sent off at Pittodrie.
result 2-2.

April 2008 - 2 Hibs players sent off at Pittodrie. Hibs were winning with 11
men but lost 2 goals, one a soft penalty which led to the
equaliser and Gatheussi's first booking. Still enraged he got a
second booking minutes later. Nish was sent off for swearing
after only 8 minutes on the park.

My point is our club did not enter into any of the nonsense thats spewing
from sheepland. Indeed our manager critised the two players in April 2008 for stupidity.

What goes around comes around. So next game at Easter Road between the clubs look out for another 2 dond sending offs.

GGTTH

:thumbsup::thumbsup:::faf::notworthy:

Bad Martini
04-11-2009, 12:14 PM
In all my years of watching football, I cant remember so much c**p coming from one game/team when the team's tactics of kicking Hibs off the park resulted in 2 (correct) ordering offs.

Correct. Bottom line. Spot on.

GIFUY ya bleeeting sheep.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Woody1985
04-11-2009, 01:08 PM

Not sure about that to be honest. If you've done your ligaments all you know is that you are in hellish pain and rolling around might come quite naturally :agree:

Whilst playing football I have suffered the following injuries.

Broken wrist (was running and was tripped, put my hand out and my elbow somehow got tucked in front of me and my weight landed on it and just snapped it. Played the rest of the game, about 30 mins though).
Fractured shin.
Ankle ligaments (first game back after my fractured shin healed :boo hoo:).
Broken rib.
Ankle ligaments, again.
Not once have I ever found the need to roll around.

Jonnyboy
04-11-2009, 01:23 PM

Whilst playing football I have suffered the following injuries.

Broken wrist (was running and was tripped, put my hand out and my elbow somehow got tucked in front of me and my weight landed on it and just snapped it. Played the rest of the game, about 30 mins though).
Fractured shin.
Ankle ligaments (first game back after my fractured shin healed :boo hoo:).
Broken rib.
Ankle ligaments, again.
Not once have I ever found the need to roll around.

Fair do's Woody but just because you didn't it doesn't mean nobody would! I've broken a foot playing football and played for around an hour after I'd done it. I didn't roll around either but if you can cast your mind back to the moment you damaged your ligaments you'll recall just how bloody painful it was - I'm assuming Fyvie reacted the way he did because he felt that pain.

In any event, neither of us really know why he rolled around :wink:

Spike Mandela
04-11-2009, 07:44 PM
The fact most Aberdeen fans on this thread think it was a great and fair tackle suggest the official Aberdeen reaction is way off the mark.

http://www.afc-chat.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25927

Also spot the bitter Jambo in the thread.

weecounty hibby
04-11-2009, 09:45 PM
The fact most Aberdeen fans on this thread think it was a great and fair tackle suggest the official Aberdeen reaction is way off the mark.

http://www.afc-chat.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25927

Also spot the bitter Jambo in the thread.

Is there a prize for this Spike? I think it is the guy called Jambo83 with an avatar of Shabby Laszlo holding a Hearts top. Let me know what I have won!

Spike Mandela
04-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Is there a prize for this Spike? I think it is the guy called Jambo83 with an avatar of Shabby Laszlo holding a Hearts top. Let me know what I have won!

Correct. The prize is a trip to the Four in Hand and the priviledge of buying the first round, for once!!

weecounty hibby
04-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Will happily buy the first round, but you would probably still be outside pretending to tie your shoelaces so may miss out!!

Sprouleflyer
04-11-2009, 10:21 PM

Jambo83 needs to get taught new things at work that will keep him off AFC Chat, eh Jambo83, get the teas in :wink::greengrin