PDA

View Full Version : Mikey Stewart does Yogi's derby team talk for him!

Alicky Ranks
03-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Hibs results are down to luck says the ginger nuttter:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-have-enjoyed--the.5788410.jp

Cheers Mikey. Stick this cutting up in the dressing room and the game will take care of itself Yogi :greengrin

Removed
03-11-2009, 12:27 AM

Cheers Mikey. Stick this cutting up in the dressing room and the game will take care of itself Yogi :greengrin

Graceless and classless

Bitter yam fud :jamboclow

Riordans Boots
"I've not seen any of their games" :yawn: Aye right Mikey ...

Yam bam :agree:

Hibercelona
"HIBERNIAN have good fortune to thank in part for their present elevated league position"

"I've not seen any of their games"

:tee hee:

Storar
03-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Mikey Stewart is a graceless and classless welt:agree:

lapsedhibee

He's talking about league position, but nevertheless an extraordinary time to start bemoaning Hertz' bad luck - only a few days after beating Celtc 1-0 going on 1-10.

Graceless and classless.

Mag7

Yip, no real need for a team talk now :thumbsup:

I mind watching the 7-0 video where Turnbull says the Hearts boss at the time described Hibs as 'a bunch of cowboys'. Just the sort of comment Turnbull was looking for, and he didn't have to say much to his players after that. You should thnk before you open that mouth of yours Michael...

givescotlandfreedom
03-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Let's face it though if Hearts win it's what the war dead would've wanted.

kaimendhibs
03-11-2009, 12:34 AM
total welt:bitchy:

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 12:35 AM
No wonder he's boycotting the game. :agree:

PC Stamp
03-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Another top quality article from Stuart Bathgate. A joint media conference to promote the Erskine & PoppyScotland charities and he turns it into a Hearts propaganda fest. He really should change his name by deed poll to Stuart Gorgie. You'd think Chris Hogg wasn't allowed to speak going by that article.

Baader
03-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Very good Mikey - keep on talking you deluded Yam tw@t. Even yer ain fans hate you. Maybe part of the reason we're going good is that we shipped out overrated big time sh* t stirring charleys like you to clubs you belong...

See how unlucky you are at 2.15 on Saturday. :bye:

Saorsa
03-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Mikey Stewart, yam fud :agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/yamfud.jpg

Hibs90
03-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Ginger welt. Hope Murray goes right through him if he plays. Classless little bawbag.

euro Hibby
03-11-2009, 06:21 AM
best bit when Stewart says " but I have'nt seen any of their games "

Crap article from what has become a crap newspaper !

Hibbyradge
03-11-2009, 06:55 AM
Hearts are a big physical side.

They rely on luck.

We've got decent players who make their own luck.

Michael Stewart's words betray a touch of bitterness.

Graceless and classless.

Peevemor
03-11-2009, 07:02 AM
Comment no 3 from kiwidoug

On a different matter, really interesting story here that Falkirk are hoding one minutes' silence prior to their game against Celtic on Sunday. Wonder how the travelling support will react to that?

I honestly and seriously hope it is treated with respect but we will have to wait and see.

1) WTF has that got to do with anything? And

2) No he doesn't.

Barney McGrew
03-11-2009, 08:14 AM
He's still really really bitter that he didn't get a game in the cup final for us, isn't he?

What a plum. I suppose that's what happens when you play 'football' for a team of big industrial cloggers.

Steve-O
03-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Hearts have been lucky since I started watching football in about 1985.

Well, apart from the year after that anyway :wink:

James Connolly
03-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Stewart is nothing more than a deluded ******wit, who thinks he's still a Man Utd player.

Jog on Mikey; oh sorry you can't, you've got a phantom ankle injury!:bitchy:

GraniteCityHibs
03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Another top quality article from Stuart Bathgate. A joint media conference to promote the Erskine & PoppyScotland charities and he turns it into a Hearts propaganda fest. He really should change his name by deed poll to Stuart Gorgie. You'd think Chris Hogg wasn't allowed to speak going by that article.

Aye, I was thinking that. It looks like he sat down and had a long, deep and meaningful with The Ginger One and then handed Hoggy a fag-packet to write down his thoughts on. Very odd and unbalanced article IMO.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 09:02 AM
I thought hearts were very lucky in WW1. Mickey, show me your medals.:faf:

GraniteCityHibs
03-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Aye, I was thinking that. It looks like he sat down and had a long, deep and meaningful with The Ginger One and then handed Hoggy a fag-packet to write down his thoughts on. Very odd and unbalanced article IMO.

Also, Stewart is a grade A fud!

dirtydirk
03-11-2009, 09:33 AM
He says its down to lack of experience. Is it just me, or are Hearts actually an older and more experienced team than us, so what is he on about???

He also says its down to bad luck - eh Mikey, getting sent off about 4 times a season, isn't bad luck, its the fact that your an a*sehole

Alicky Ranks
03-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Yip, no real need for a team talk now :thumbsup:

I mind watching the 7-0 video where Turnbull says the Hearts boss at the time described Hibs as 'a bunch of cowboys'. Just the sort of comment Turnbull was looking for, and he didn't have to say much to his players after that. You should thnk before you open that mouth of yours Michael...

If we do win on Saturday I really hope Stewart is playing!

truehibernian
03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Bouzid giving away what was a pen at 1-0 Utd and getting away with it, offisde goal v Rangers at Tynie, Kyle and Invincible missing sitters in their home game, Wittenween getting dubious pen v Hamilton, Zaluska making a pigs ear of a terrible penalty from the man himself.........think you have had your fair share of luck too young Michael. Thing is, your team is just lilian gish :agree:

Mag7
03-11-2009, 10:11 AM

Stewart's 'Hibs are lucky' comments are in the Record too, so I guess maybe the reporters have just picked up on what they saw as the best line:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2009/11/03/hibs-have-managed-to-split-the-old-firm-thanks-to-a-rub-of-the-green-claims-hearts-skipper-86908-21794135/

Jim44
03-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Gary Player was right when he said "The more I practise, the luckier I get." :smug:

The_Todd
03-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Ginger baws is just trying to get the Yam hordes who think he's a waste of space back onside.

They'll lap up every word.

Sergio sledge
03-11-2009, 11:16 AM
He says its down to lack of experience. Is it just me, or are Hearts actually an older and more experienced team than us, so what is he on about???

He also says its down to bad luck - eh Mikey, getting sent off about 4 times a season, isn't bad luck, its the fact that your an a*sehole

Its not just you, I had the same thoughts, and having a bit of time on my hands, went on to wikipedia to look at appearance stats.

Hearts starting eleven on Sat:

Maximum number of 1st team games over career: Palazuelos - 187 games
Minimum number of 1st team games over career: Thomson - 33 Games
Average number of 1st team games over starting 11: 121 games

Hibs starting eleven on Sat:

Maximum number of 1st team games over career: Murray - 244 games
Minimum number of 1st team games over career: Wotherspoon - 8 Games
Average number of 1st team games over starting 11: 118 games

Our team is slightly older, but in terms of 1st team games played, Hearts are slightly higher. This "inexperienced" thing is a pile of crap IMHO, and a poor excuse from Shabba and Stewart. In fact, if you look at the Motherwell team from Saturday (the team that beat Hearts' "inexperienced" side) their stats are:

Maximum number of 1st team games over career: Sutton - 192 games
Minimum number of 1st team games over career: Hutchison and Saunders - 3 Games
Average number of 1st team games over starting 11: 70 games

Hearts are NOT inexperienced. :wink:

Jim44
03-11-2009, 11:20 AM

Along with Ghlen Ghibbons, Bathgate is the most biased and bitter jornalist in Scotland.

richard_pitts
03-11-2009, 12:05 PM
If Michael Stewart was half as good as he thought he was he would still be at Manchester United :agree: I think Hearts have been guilty of poor finishing (it would be interesting to see their shots to goals ratio), but Hibs results imo have been down in part to good team spirit (an often missed point) and fitness (what a contrast from last year), good organisation / tactics (again compare last year) and the ability to take chances :agree:

Bad Martini
03-11-2009, 12:11 PM
I/we got him wrong when we sang that song about his "being all right now".

Once a bawbag, ALWAYS a bawbag.

Mikey - Saturday will be for you son, fudley.:jamboak:

ENDOF

GieTheBaTaeReilly
03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
just in ......... he's been misquoted:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1845379,00.html

per wee lam.

Mon Dieu4
03-11-2009, 12:21 PM

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1845379,00.html

per wee lam.

And we have signed Graham Hogg :grr::devil::faf:

--------
03-11-2009, 12:26 PM

per wee bam.

Sorted that for you. :devil:

Jim44
03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
"I won't be speaking to the papers again as they can't be trusted.........................."

Will that be till the next time , Mikey? :greengrin

Green_one
03-11-2009, 12:29 PM

per wee lam.

Wow, he is feeling really sore about this one. Its fairly clear that he says Hibs were lucky. I think he has spoken too freely and allowed an OG against his own team.

What a plonker

Hope he keeps his promise and says nowt from now on :blah:

'Mon the Hibs
03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Gary Player was right when he said "The more I practise, the luckier I get." :smug:

Well, it's true.... we do get time to practice more than them :wink::greengrin

The_Todd
03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
And we have signed Graham Hogg :grr::devil::faf:

Who the hell is Graham Hogg?

Mon Dieu4
03-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Who the hell is Graham Hogg?

Dunno who Graham Hogg is but "Graeme Hogg" used to play for the Yams til Levein knocked him out V Raith :faf:

Classy as ever the spambos cant even get our Captains name right

Chuckie
03-11-2009, 12:41 PM
:faf:

He is raging...

Please let him be playing on Saturday..

Broken Gnome
03-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I have a degree of sympathy for him there - the statement on the Hearts website seems to nicely sum up what a horrific experience being interviewed by the Scottish media is....

... until he threw in some Hearts paranoia.

Baader
03-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Dunno who Graham Hogg is but "Graeme Hogg" used to play for the Yams til Levein knocked him out V Raith :faf:

Classy as ever the spambos cant even get our Captains name right

Graeme Hogg, despite being 45, could walk into the Yams starting 11 right now. As a striker, of course! :greengrin

hibhib7
03-11-2009, 12:54 PM
While I don't have any time for Stewart, he is, this time, in the right. When I read the article I realised, unsurprisingly, that the headline was nothing like what he actually said. It's happened to our players and managers plenty times in the past by piss-poor headline writers who like to sensationalise an otherwise bland comment . . . but if it gets the players worked up for the game . . .

Seriously folks, for the most part it is a piece of pathetic journalism that likes to take a line from an interview and paint it as a savage attack. Don't fall for it - Stewart and savage attacks don't fit together.

rubber mal
03-11-2009, 12:55 PM

"they've maybe had a slice of luck here or there to continue a run like that. When that has happened, they have been able to capitalise."

"And when we've maybe had a slice of luck we've not been able to capitalise."

Does that not just mean we're better?

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 12:56 PM
While I don't have any time for Stewart, he is, this time, in the right. When I read the article I realised, unsurprisingly, that the headline was nothing like what he actually said. It's happened to our players and managers plenty times in the past by piss-poor headline writers who like to sensationalise an otherwise bland comment . . . but if it gets the players worked up for the game . . .

Seriously folks, for the most part it is a piece of pathetic journalism that likes to take a line from an interview and paint it as a savage attack. Don't fall for it - Stewart and savage attacks don't fit together.

Unless its on the field.

(((Fergus)))
03-11-2009, 12:57 PM

:agree: It's the media stirring the pot for their own benefit

U can't see me!
03-11-2009, 01:13 PM

"they've maybe had a slice of luck here or there to continue a run like that. When that has happened, they have been able to capitalise."

"And when we've maybe had a slice of luck we've not been able to capitalise."

Does that not just mean we're better?

He's saying Hibs have been playing better, not are better.

givescotlandfreedom
03-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Do you not agree and 11 point difference after 10 games seems a bit more than just luck?

lapsedhibee
03-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Yes, well done. That is exactly what he's saying. Hibs have been playing better. The point of football is to play well, so Hibs are better at football. Hearts are still morally superior, however, for the great importance they attach to the precise location of the WWI clock.

bobbyhibs1983
03-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Do you not agree and 11 point difference after 10 games seems a bit more than just luck?

depends who the team is 11 points ahead after 10games.

if its us, we are lucky
if it was heartz, it was cos there world class and much better than us:devil:

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 01:50 PM
He's denying saying Hibs were lucky now. :confused:

Dashing Bob S
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM

Totally agree, the press making something out of nothing. Anyone who attended league games St Mirren and St Johnstone (H) and Falkirk (A) couldn't fail to deny we have enjoyed some luck. We do have quality though, and that can pull you out of a few throughs. Let's hope so this weekend.

KeithTheHibby
03-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Depsite being a Yam I always thought that Stewart came over as quite an intelligent guy - reading that nonsense I take it all back the slavouring fud that he is.

lapsedhibee
03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Depsite being a Yam I always thought that Stewart came over as quite an intelligent guy - reading that nonsense I take it all back the slavouring fud that he is.

Our own Graham Hogg comes across much better than Mikey Mikey Used To Be in the BBC clip. Stewart comes across as a bit of a, well, slaverer.

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Let's face it though if Hearts win it's what the war dead would've wanted.

On the subject of classless comments…:bitchy:

CropleyWasGod
03-11-2009, 02:11 PM
He's denying saying Hibs were lucky now. :confused:

And he didn't say those words. Read the article in The Scotsman. In this case, I have to say, I have sympathy for him. As often happens, "Headline" does not equal "fact".

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 02:17 PM
And he didn't say those words. Read the article in The Scotsman. In this case, I have to say, I have sympathy for him. As often happens, "Headline" does not equal "fact".

Yeah... maybe...

Nah.... he's still a bawbag. :jamboak:

Mag7
03-11-2009, 02:53 PM

The Scotsman headline reads: Hibs have enjoyed the good fortune that has eluded Hearts, says Michael Stewart

In what way is that an inaccurate representation of his quotes? What he says on the Hearts website and what the Scotsman have written seem, to me, to be one and the same thing. I fail to see why he is raging at what has been written when it appears he has been quoted accurately.

So, sorry Michael, but nae sympaty here ya fud :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
03-11-2009, 02:57 PM
The Scotsman headline reads: Hibs have enjoyed the good fortune that has eluded Hearts, says Michael Stewart

In what way is that an inaccurate representation of his quotes? What he says on the Hearts website and what the Scotsman have written seem, to me, to be one and the same thing. I fail to see why he is raging at what has been written when it appears he has been quoted accurately.

So, sorry Michael, but nae sympaty here ya fud :greengrin

The front page of The Scotsman says "Hibs have had luck". The first line of the report says "Hibs have good fortune to thank....according to Michael Stewart".

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 03:01 PM
I see no mention of "Rangers fortunes".

How they are anywhere near us with a game in hand is beyond me.

Mag7
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
The front page of The Scotsman says "Hibs have had luck". The first line of the report says "Hibs have good fortune to thank....according to Michael Stewart".

Haven't seen the front page but the opening paragraph in full is:

HIBERNIAN have good fortune to thank in part for their present elevated league position, according to Michael Stewart. By the same token, the Hearts captain believes his own team have bad luck to blame for some of their own poor results, which have left them languishing six league places and 11 points behind their rivals.

This, IMHO, does not misrepresent what Stewart says. It is a balanced first paragraph. What IS open to question is Stewart's skewed logic in thinking one team can carry luck for 10 games while another can get no lucky breaks for a similar number of games. That might be true over a couple of games (or a few more if you're the Old Firm), but over 10? Come on Mikey, your words are fuelled by nothing other than frustration and jealousy. And to then claim you haven't actually seen any Hibs games this season, well then why the hell are you even spinning this kind of hypothesis with nothing to base it on?! You've made a rod for your own back with this nonsense.

Keith_M
03-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Sorry to go against the flow here, but I don't see how he's being classless. There's definitely a reporter's spin on his words in the summing up by Bathgate.

I for one can understand his frustration. The ars*h*les in the press could easily stitch up a Hibs player the same way next time.

Among other things he said, I hardly think following quotes show anything but respect for what Hibs have done so far this season.

"I wouldn't say I'm surprised. They've obviously had a good run. In this sport, if you build up momentum, the confidence flows and obviously everything seems possible – that has happened for Hibs.

Hibs have done extremely well to pick up so many points already, but we've got to keep level-headed and make sure that we go into the game not too despondent from what has happened in the previous ten games for us."

Alicky Ranks
03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Sorry to go against the flow here, but I don't see how he's being classless. There's definitely a reporter's spin on his words in the summing up by Bathgate.

I for one can understand his frustration. The ars*h*les in the press could easily stitch up a Hibs player the same way next time.

Among other things he said, I hardly think following quotes show anything but respect for what Hibs have done so far this season.

"I wouldn't say I'm surprised. They've obviously had a good run. In this sport, if you build up momentum, the confidence flows and obviously everything seems possible – that has happened for Hibs.

Hibs have done extremely well to pick up so many points already, but we've got to keep level-headed and make sure that we go into the game not too despondent from what has happened in the previous ten games for us."

For what it's worth, my stepbrother (sorry, not going to give his name) is one of the reporters who was there yesterday and he's led me to believe that what was printed was a toned-down version of what Stewart really said about Hibs. What has appeared in the papers is by and large doing Stewart a favour rather than a disservice and he should be glad he WASN'T quoted in full.

Riordans Boots
03-11-2009, 03:36 PM
For what it's worth, my stepbrother (sorry, not going to give his name) is one of the reporters who was there yesterday and he's led me to believe that what was printed was a toned-down version of what Stewart really said about Hibs. What has appeared in the papers is by and large doing Stewart a favour rather than a disservice and he should be glad he WASN'T quoted in full.

So that makes Stewart an even bigger @rsehole then :asshole::asshole::asshole:

Sir David Gray
03-11-2009, 03:37 PM

Based on the starting line ups of Hibs and Hearts on Saturday, the average age of the Hibs team was just over 25, whereas the Hearts average age was around 23.

JimBHibees
03-11-2009, 05:21 PM

So what did he really say then?

JimBHibees
03-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Based on the starting line ups of Hibs and Hearts on Saturday, the average age of the Hibs team was just over 25, whereas the Hearts average age was around 23.

If you include Stewart back in probably not much in it.

HibbyAndy
03-11-2009, 05:27 PM

Away and fling shight at yersel!!! Hibs are by far a better team than Hearts.

Another deluded one here:bitchy::bitchy:

Get a grip!.

JimBHibees
03-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Our own Graham Hogg comes across much better than Mikey Mikey Used To Be in the BBC clip. Stewart comes across as a bit of a, well, slaverer.

Did Chris send his brother along? :greengrin

brog
03-11-2009, 05:43 PM

I agree, sports journalism in Scotland has always been polarised. We've had the old stars such as McIlvanney, Fairgrieve & Rafferty contrasted with the idiots who populate the DR/SM such as Traynor & Jackson. The News & other local journals in Dundee & Aberdeen will of course always favour the local teams but journo's such as Stewart Brown commanded respect in the community regardless. Unfortunately the News now feels it needs to copy the tabloid principles, ok, lack of principles, & create a story out of nothing. In this case I believe Stewart has been wronged, let's hope our "luck" continues on Saturday!!

(((Fergus)))
03-11-2009, 05:49 PM

The press toning a story down? Why?

lapsedhibee
03-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Did Chris send his brother along? :greengrinThe semilitrit twallies have corrected it now, but the Hertz official website gave our captain's name as Graham Hogg earlier.

keep the faith
03-11-2009, 06:27 PM
No problem at all with what he says in the context of the interview and I thought it was a pretty poor headline when I read it this morning.

Good for him in calling the press parasites. Im surprised so many on here have jumped on this.

Sorry to defend him and all.

GGTTH

Hamish
03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
No problem at all with what he says in the context of the interview and I thought it was a pretty poor headline when I read it this morning.

Good for him in calling the press parasites. Im surprised so many on here have jumped on this.

GGTTH

Exactly. I didn't see a lot wrong with what he was saying to be honest

Perspective
03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Michael Stewart is usually a total irrelevance but he does have a point here, though he should have named names if he's so upset.

He is right about us being lucky. I always think you earn your own luck in football but on several occasions we've scraped undeserved wins this season. Even recently we were lucky to beat Killie and Aberdeen, but maybe unfortunate not to beat Dundee Utd and at least take something out of the Celtic game. These things even themselves out over the course of the season.

What Stewart's comments do prove is that he's anxious ahead of Saturday.

Mag7
03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
I agree, sports journalism in Scotland has always been polarised. We've had the old stars such as McIlvanney, Fairgrieve & Rafferty contrasted with the idiots who populate the DR/SM such as Traynor & Jackson. The News & other local journals in Dundee & Aberdeen will of course always favour the local teams but journo's such as Stewart Brown commanded respect in the community regardless. Unfortunately the News now feels it needs to copy the tabloid principles, ok, lack of principles, & create a story out of nothing. In this case I believe Stewart has been wronged, let's hope our "luck" continues on Saturday!!

No such thing as a wronged jambo. The jambos are just plain wrong full stop and the world would be a far better place without the existence of HMFC.

Mag7
03-11-2009, 07:36 PM

GGTTH

Why is the headline poor? 'Hibs have enjoyed the good fortune that has eluded Hearts, says Michael Stewart'. Surely that's an accurate representation of what he says?

rightwinger
03-11-2009, 07:42 PM
For me these comments are typical Michael Stewart.

To be fair, I don't think the comments are totally without merit. We have had things go our way for the bulk of the season and we have taken advantage of them

The point is, however, that Stewart should know how these comments are going to be portrayed in the press and construed by Hibs players and fans. As the title of this thread says, Stewart's given Yogi a useful motivational tool. A player of his experience should be giving it a bit more of the 'credit to them for a great start, we'll definitely have to be at our best etc etc'.

As I said the comments are typical of Stewart. He's being too honest and concerning himself with matters that shouldn't be his priority. He should be saying the bare minimum in the press and getting on with helping Hearts prepare for the derby. As a player, I always felt he's at his best in the rare times he stops trying to dictate everything and just plays. Less is more with Stewart, the less he takes on the less he gets frustrated the less mistakes he makes the less of an idiot he looks and the less he then needs to say in the press to justify himself.

Another error of judgment on Stewart's part and IMO it suits us to have the comments blown out of proportion a bit. So keep at it guys!:thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
04-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Seems like Mikey is getting wound up by the press from the article below from the Scotsman, paranoid or what. :jamboak:

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Michael-Stewart-vows-to-boycott.5792065.jp

HEARTS captain Michael Stewart has accused the media of having "manipulated" remarks he made about Hibs to stir up controversy ahead of Saturday's derby.

The former Hibs player says he will boycott the written press after arguing his remarks that Hibs had capitalised on slices of luck had been "twisted". Stewart had been speaking at an event alongside Hibs skipper Chris Hogg to promote the fact both teams will wear strips commemorating the war dead during Saturday's match. "We went along to promote a fantastically worthy cause and all the papers have done is spin everything round into a pile of **** which I never said," said Stewart. "By doing it they are trying to undermine our position and boost Hibs as much as possible. I wouldn't be happy if we were sitting second in the league and somebody was having a go saying we were lucky.

"People will read the headlines and say it is sour grapes. It is not sour grapes as I never said it. I was asked a million times if I was surprised that Hibs were sitting second. I said 'No, I'm not'. I said they were doing extremely well to keep their run going and that when they had a slice of luck, they have capitalised on it whereas whenever we have had luck, we have not capitalised on it."

He added: "They (the press] are complete parasites. They tried to manipulate, twist and put a spin on everything that has been said.

"I won't be speaking to the papers again as they cannot be trusted and clearly will do what they want to suit their agendas."

The Scotsman attended the event at which Stewart made his original remarks, and we consider our report to be an accurate and fair account of what the player said, which was also carried as a news item on the club website.

Hibs90
04-11-2009, 07:27 AM
Aww poor baby. :faf:

erin-go-bragh87
04-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Although he is a complete yam fud, You can sort of see where he is coming from. It must be so easy for the press to come up with any story they want by picking parts of quotes and making them fit.

Hes still a phanny though.

Cabbage East
04-11-2009, 07:34 AM
:greengrin

crewetollhibee
04-11-2009, 07:48 AM
So he runs to the press, to say he isn't going to talk to the press ? Wonder how much they paid him for that little nugget. Still, if it means not having to read anymore pish from his gub, I can live with that.

Judas Iscariot
04-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Paranoid, ginger, ugly, useless Hertz Lunt :agree:

Mixu's Hatrick
04-11-2009, 08:00 AM
As much as I don't care for him or his kind, I have to say that he is spot on in his comments. Once again the redtops have sensationalised a report that when you actually read the quotes is not even remotely close to the headlines they were all using. The Scotsman was actually quite accurate and if you took the time to read it you could see that he wasn't being that bitter about the fact that we're almost out of sight of the manky mob.

I would always say that he is normally quite frank and forthright with his views in the press and media, which is a better read than some of the soundbites and cliches you get from other players.

hibsbollah
04-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Totally agree with the ginger bawbag:agree:

weecounty hibby
04-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Hate to say it but he is spot on. How many times have we moaned about, in particular the Record and the Sun printing absolute gash that bares no resemblance to the actual truth.

Still, GIRFUY Mikey.

Alex Trager
04-11-2009, 08:09 AM
I said this yesterday when i was reading it with a yam frend of mine, i sad i bet he ever said that like that and turns out he never:greengrin

rubber mal
04-11-2009, 08:10 AM

Does that not just mean we're better?:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
04-11-2009, 08:20 AM
I said this yesterday when i was reading it with a yam frend of mine, i sad i bet he ever said that like that and turns out he never:greengrin

Talking to yourself is a sign of madness

:wink:

Hibercelona
04-11-2009, 08:23 AM

:hmmm: :wink:

sevennil
06-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Read this excellent account of what actually happened at the photocall by The Telegraph's Roddy Forsyth.

Would also point out Stewart has done this kind of press call many times before, he knew exactly what he was doing and very likely had a Hertz press officer in attendance to keep an eye on him.

There is a golden rule at all of these events - if you don't want it in the press, don't say it. It's not as if he's some 18 year old rookie who has little media experience.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/scottishpremier/hearts/6510703/Why-did-Hearts-captain-Michael-Stewart-explode-ahead-of-Edinburgh-derby.html

lapsedhibee
06-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Read this excellent account of what actually happened at the photocall by The Telegraph's Roddy Forsyth.

Now the Telegraph has joined the worldwide conspiracy. Poor things.