PDA

View Full Version : Yams Laugh at the yams thread!

1two
02-11-2009, 10:36 PM
no doubt this will come back and slap me in the face but its good to have a wee laugh at that lot esp before a derby..............

So who's got any laughable stories they've been told by yam mates.

I'll start with one I heard in the summer from my mate. He's a good guy but a a bit of a beLiever when it comes to the big team rubbish. I just returned from holiday and was getting all the latest football news from him as he drove me home from the airport. He told me Hibs had signed a youngster from Man Utd. Apparently he played with hearts youths at some point. Hearts had first choice on him but after a trial at hearts, Shabby decided he wasn't good enough and clearly had lost the potential he once had. He then went to hibs as second choice. (Galbraith obviously)
I had a good chuckle on here when I found out that he had actually had a trial with them after Hibs and walked out after half a session. :faf:

Hibercelona
02-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Can't say I could ever bring myself around to befriend a yam. :jamboak:

But theres far too many gems to choose from. :tee hee:

Heres one though from a few years back.

Someone I knew (not a mate):

"I heard that vlad was at Easter Road in talks for your midfielder Scott Brown. He's an ok player... and he'll make a good back up for us if Michael Stewart gets injured" :faf:

Dr What If?
03-11-2009, 12:40 AM
I have the grave misfortune of having more Yam mates than Hibby mates, that said, we have all been friends for years. When Vlad rode into town I really had to put up with some drivel - what made it worse is that it wasn't banter - it was proper actual belief!!! Favourates include:
- Hibs are no longer our rivals, the derby games will be against the old firm
- The new stand will be built for the start of next season (shouldn't really laugh at that one)
- We can now buy any player we want
- We are the Scottish Chelsea
- If we don't win the league the season will be a failure
- There is no way we can be beaten (days before Hibs ended Burley's unbeaten run)

Not so many gems in recent weeks:greengrin. I swear if they went bust tomorrow they would come up with something like 'at least we will always have the better derby record'.

Leithenhibby
03-11-2009, 05:20 AM
Can't say I could ever bring myself around to befriend a yam. :jamboak:

But theres far too many gems to choose from. :tee hee:

Heres one though from a few years back.

Someone I knew (not a mate):

"I heard that vlad was at Easter Road in talks for your midfielder Scott Brown. He's an ok player... and he'll make a good back up for us if Michael Stewart gets injured" :faf:

Pricless...and for everything else, theres mastercard. :wink:

McD
03-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I've known a few yams who, when reminded of a certain 0-7, bang on about it being in the past blah blah, and yet cannot stop talking abt the semi at hampden, but strangely won't hear the same reaction, its in the past.

:confused:

:jamboak:

Mon Dieu4
03-11-2009, 10:41 AM
On Brokeback when Vlad first took over a major poster over there stated "I cant believe the time has come when we can talk about seriously signing someone of the calibre of Pavel Nedved"

That is my all time favourite :faf::faf::faf:

Hibee87
03-11-2009, 10:58 AM
On Brokeback when Vlad first took over a major poster over there stated "I cant believe the time has come when we can talk about seriously signing someone of the calibre of Pavel Nedved"

That is my all time favourite :faf::faf::faf:

:faf: I mind that one anaw.

Best one ive heard was a yam at the nd of last season saying that Sir Toms Financies were plumiting and that hibs would be in admin by the end of the year :faf::faf: He didnt seem to grasp that we are a money making company and not relient on a major shareholder to tick us over :jamboak:

Jim44
03-11-2009, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=country hibby;2228650]I have the grave misfortune of having more Yam mates than Hibby mates, that said, we have all been friends for years. When Vlad rode into town I really had to put up with some drivel - what made it worse is that it wasn't banter - it was proper actual belief!!! Favourates include:
- Hibs are no longer our rivals, the derby games will be against the old firm
- The new stand will be built for the start of next season (shouldn't really laugh at that one)
- We can now buy any player we want
- We are the Scottish Chelsea
- If we don't win the league the season will be a failure
- There is no way we can be beaten (days before Hibs ended Burley's unbeaten run)

Not so many gems in recent weeks:greengrin. I swear if they went bust tomorrow they would come up with something like 'at least we will always have the better derby record'

Hobo ignorance and jealousy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I play beside an ex Hearts player every Sunday at 5 a sides and he upset a couple of Hobos in the group with a comment about Wayne Foster`s legendary cup game winning goal.

It was during a conversation about Derek O`Connor and i said we brought out a T shirt in the 80`s with him, Craig Levein and Alex MacDonald(i think) celebrating a 2-1 win at ER. (talking about wins at ER)

One Hobo, in his early 50`s bearing in mind, said "i could have a few t shirts too with Hibs scoring winners in derbies"...........it was said in the most upset, envious manner as he knew fine well his club have a pi shy record in the derby.

I`m 35 and have probably saw Hearts win more at ER in derbies than him, or at least more derbies in general.

When will the hobos stop clutching at straws? C`mon Hearts add another to the collection.

...................as it says on the tin. :rolleyes:

1two
03-11-2009, 11:51 AM
My current favourites.....

"If we had a striker who could put the ball in the net we would be up there competing with the OF this season and last."

Yeah, well you don't. :faf:

"We're giving the youngsters a chance"

Or you mean you have no option other than give them a chance. :rolleyes:

"Hibs will hit their usual winter slump and will start to fall back down the league"

Maybe, but your still *****in schite! :agree:

GGTTH

I obvioulsy want us to win on Saturday but if we don't, at least I know I'm not and never will be a jambo!:jamboak:

HibbyAndy
03-11-2009, 03:50 PM
:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious

Hainan Hibs
03-11-2009, 04:01 PM
The biggest laugh had to have been Boabsters "2nd place and the cup will be a disappointment" thread, what a fud:faf:

jgl07
03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
The best I saw was one who claimed that all the Hobos were jealous of Hearts followed by the usual crap about SC wins, Wayne Foster, and 22 in a row.

I merely pointed out that Hibs supporters were bound to be jealous of Hearts 9th place in the league, 3 million plus debts, and being run by a meglamaniac.

Surprise surprise I was banned!

They really do not like it up 'em.

magpie1892
03-11-2009, 04:10 PM
The best I saw was one who claimed that all the Hobos were jealous of Hearts followed by the usual crap about SC wins, Wayne Foster, and 22 in a row.

I merely pointed out that Hibs supporters were bound to be jealous of Hearts 9th place in the league, 3 million plus debts, and being run by a meglamaniac.

Surprise surprise I was banned!

They really do not like it up 'em.

Oh that was you? I saw that, it was amusing. What is it about that place where you a) can't see the threads without 'joining' and, b) get banned for not being a jambo? Sad, very sad.

HibbyAndy
03-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Id take the laddie Eggert Jonsson from them, bar him they are genuinly shight.

And make up you mind Driver..are you Scottish? are you English?

I personally think your a 1 in 5 good game kinda guy.

Im actually now ready to accept that we/Hibernian are far superior to Hearts, and im now ready to move on and forget about them. They are of no threat to us at the moment, Hearts (like every good dog) have had there day.

Shame, did once think they could dominate Scottish football with there sell out stadium and 400K fan base and unlimited funds.

You have found your place Heart of midlothian, what goes around comes around.

Amen brother.

greenlex
03-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Id take the laddie Eggert Jonsson from them, bar him they are genuinly shight.

And make up you mind Driver..are you Scottish? are you English?

I personally think your a 1 in 5 good game kinda guy.

Im actually now ready to accept that we/Hibernian are far superior to Hearts, and im now ready to move on and forget about them. They are of no threat to us at the moment, Hearts (like every good dog) have had there day.

Shame, did once think they could dominate Scottish football with there sell out stadium and 400K fan base and unlimited funds.

You have found your place Heart of midlothian, what goes around comes around.

Amen brother.
I would add Concalves and Wallace to the list for our squad. Other than that the rest are not good enough.

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
"Are Hearts on another unbeaten run of 22 games" :faf:

"Celtic are now our main rivals" :faf:

"We owe the money to ourselves" :faf:

"It's worth it for the Scottish Cup" :faf:

"We'll be Champions of Europe in 3 years time" :faf:

"We're the big team of Edinburgh" :faf:

"Stupid aids ridden, peg selling, soap dodging, needle sharing, caravan dwelling Hobos... they don't know how a big club is run" :faf:

"Forever in our shadows" :faf:

"I heard that O'Conner, Brown, Fletcher & Beuzelin are signing for Hearts in the transfer window" :faf:

"Edinburgh have a population of over 400,000... so we have over 400,000 fans" :faf:

I'll give them 1 more season....

HibbyAndy
03-11-2009, 04:26 PM
I would add Concalves and Wallace to the list for our squad. Other than that the rest are not good enough.

Yup, Wallace would go to the sqaud, as theres no dange he would start ahead of IM

Goncalves :wink: nah..awrite on his day but he's a confidence player that takes things personally.

Phil D. Rolls
03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Is the reason we are laughing at things the Yams said 5 years ago because we have stopped listening to them?

Vlad's in town, and I don't think I would even raise an eyebrow if he was pictured sucking Callum's knob round the back of Dickens. Conversly I would kill for a picture of those two beavers at the AGM, wearing their Russian hats.

Perhaps a newspaper might run a 5 years after (and one month before) piece?

Sergey
03-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Yup, Wallace would go to the sqaud, as theres no dange he would start ahead of IM

Goncalves :wink: nah..awrite on his day but he's a confidence player that takes things personally.

For £12k a week he's gash.

basehibby
03-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Hatkicking as a form of protest :faf:

reversible maroon satin jiakets :jamboak:

"He must be good cos he can drive a submarine" :Romanov:

jgl07
04-11-2009, 04:46 PM
http://news.scotsman.com/frankboyle/-Boyling-Point.3967502.jp

This is worth looking at for the replies at the bottom from the deluded ones.

bighairyfaeleith
04-11-2009, 04:55 PM

how many comments have been removed by admins on there, yet one still remains saying boyle should slee with a gun under his pillow, aye cos herts fans are just that scary :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
04-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Nice try Boyle, all you have done is give Mixu and his merry band of juvenile pranksters something to cream themselves over.

PS. having a joke is one thing but get your facts right next time.

Here are ten facts you didn't know before today.

1. Miko isn't the only diver in Scottish football
2. The canal doesn't have a sign saying 'Union Canal'
3. The sub was called Red Oktober
4. He looks nothing like Romanov.....can't you draw anything except toy subs?
5. Where is the picture of the Scottish Cup?
6. The canal isn't deep enough for a submarine
7. There are no trees at the side of the canal.
8. If the sub was sinking because it had been holed it would go down nose first you idiot
9. Romanov doesn't own a nuclear sub
10. There are no pilings at the side of the canal

Are a lot of those not questions as opposed to facts???????

oh deary me :bye:

O'Rourke3
04-11-2009, 04:59 PM

Think the humour bypass list from Rambo is one of the funniest.:yamlaugh:

NOLA
05-11-2009, 05:34 PM
got to laugh at the plum who got ROMANOV tattoed on his back:faf:

Kevvy1875
05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
got to laugh at the plum who got ROMANOV tattoed on his back:faf:

Someone actually done that? FFS! One born every day huh?:faf:

Woody1985
05-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Nice try Boyle, all you have done is give Mixu and his merry band of juvenile pranksters something to cream themselves over.

PS. having a joke is one thing but get your facts right next time.

Here are ten facts you didn't know before today.

1. Miko isn't the only diver in Scottish football
2. The canal doesn't have a sign saying 'Union Canal'
3. The sub was called Red Oktober
4. He looks nothing like Romanov.....can't you draw anything except toy subs?
5. Where is the picture of the Scottish Cup?
6. The canal isn't deep enough for a submarine
7. There are no trees at the side of the canal.
8. If the sub was sinking because it had been holed it would go down nose first you idiot
9. Romanov doesn't own a nuclear sub
10. There are no pilings at the side of the canal

Are a lot of those not questions as opposed to facts???????

oh deary me :bye:

Who wrote this? :faf:

*25 i agree and there is no way you could write debt on the water, s******

NOLA
06-11-2009, 01:41 AM
does anyone have a link to the comical jambo with the romanov tattoo? well worth seeing again:faf: