PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest goal you've seen at ER?

AugustaHibs
02-11-2009, 05:48 PM
what is the weirdest goal youve seen at ER? :greengrin

H18sry
02-11-2009, 05:49 PM
what is the weirdest goal youve seen at ER? :greengrin

Why:confused: whats your's :devil:

YehButNoBut
02-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Andy Goram scoring with his kick upfield from his goal box, against Morton I think. :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
02-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Nade scoring in a 1-1 draw.

truehibernian
02-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Colin Cameron in the 6-2 game, right at the end. Most unreal, undercelebrated derby goal I have ever witnessed. Fantastic :greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
02-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Colin Cameron in the 6-2 game, right at the end. Most unreal, undercelebrated derby goal I have ever witnessed. Fantastic :greengrin:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jabis
02-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Andy Goram scoring with his kick upfield from his goal box, against Morton I think. :thumbsup:

:agree:

he ran about in his box until the rest of the team ran back and flattened him .

SouthMoroccoStu
02-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Michael Stewart against Aberdeen in the cup.......Shin pad volley.

rightwinger
02-11-2009, 07:17 PM
There was the goal against Motherwell in the late 80's when the ball hit the bar three times before Kane lashed it in.

In 1999-00 we played Dundee Utd on a Sunday night and it was blowing a gale. Dodds had a shot that was going ten yards over the bar but the wind held it up and it beat Gottskalksson. Two minutes later De Vos lobbed his own keeper from about 25 yards. Dodds skied a 94th minute penalty and we won 3-2.

Rankin's squiggler has to be high on the list too. That was totally out of the blue. Great assist by Scott Brown IIRC!

Hearts have scored some angonisingly weird ones as you can imagine. In the early 80's we were 1-0up late on before Robertson had a shot from about 25 yards. It took a huge spinning deflection and trickled over the line in off Rough's post.

O'Rourke3
02-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Versus Besa in the Cup winners Cup(7-1). Ball struck from outside the box crashes up the way off the bar. Crops or O'Rourke crouched on the goal line to head home. No idea where the keeper was at the time.

HibeeUnderwood
02-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Yeah I have 2, Nade's equaliser and The Squiggler :agree:

Father Ted
02-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Any goal by BORUC:top marks

hibeedanny
02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
There was the goal against Motherwell in the late 80's when the ball hit the bar three times before Kane lashed it in.

In 1999-00 we played Dundee Utd on a Sunday night and it was blowing a gale. Dodds had a shot that was going ten yards over the bar but the wind held it up and it beat Gottskalksson. Two minutes later De Vos lobbed his own keeper from about 25 yards. Dodds skied a 94th minute penalty and we won 3-2.

Rankin's squiggler has to be high on the list too. That was totally out of the blue. Great assist by Scott Brown IIRC!

Hearts have scored some angonisingly weird ones as you can imagine. In the early 80's we were 1-0up late on before Robertson had a shot from about 25 yards. It took a huge spinning deflection and trickled over the line in off Rough's post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x771W4TA0EA&feature=PlayList&p=72E0359A0374CC8B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=7

Jack
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
I recall (probably badly) a European game where Arthur Duncan cut in from the wing crashed a shot off one post it came back to him and it crashed off the other and at the third attempt went in. :confused:

Could have just dreamt most of this though cause it was a long time ago – it probably only came off one post and was another player :faf:

Hibs Spain
02-11-2009, 08:59 PM

Hearts have scored some angonisingly weird ones as you can imagine. In the early 80's we were 1-0up late on before Robertson had a shot from about 25 yards. It took a huge spinning deflection and trickled over the line in off Rough's post.Was the one that hit the bar three times a game that Archibald was playing in? If so I was there and it was amazing..Would have been a travesty if it didn't go in in the end:agree:

therealgavmac
02-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Was the one that hit the bar three times a game that Archibald was playing in? If so I was there and it was amazing..Would have been a travesty if it didn't go in in the end:agree:

See, we invented the crossbar challenge long before Soccer AM :thumbsup:

Argylehibby
02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Cant remember who scored but Dundee United scored at ER as the whole place erupted. Albert Kidd had just scored for Dundee at Dens Park and spoiled a title winning party in Gorgie! :greengrin

CB_NO3
02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
That was my second ever Hibs game. I was 2 year old at the time, my first Hibs game was when I was 10 month old and I have never looked back. :thumbsup: Its safe to say I cant remember anything from those 2 games though.

sadtom
02-11-2009, 10:26 PM

That was the one that immediately sprung to mind for me.

p.s. cheers Hibeedanny for posting the youtube link. It was good to see it again after all these years.

Jonnyboy
02-11-2009, 11:00 PM

Watch the crowd behind the goal in that youtube clip :greengrin

jgl07
02-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Chick Charnley and Pat McGinlay scoring from the halfway line in 1997 were rather strange.

The winner is the goal by Dean Shiels against Celtic in the last minute.

A shot was clearly going wide when Borac managed to stop it going for a goal kick and somehow directed it across the goalmouth leaving Shiels to tap in the winning goal.

sleeping giant
02-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Nade scoring in a 1-1 draw.

:tee hee:

I have a fuzzy memory of Archibald scoring with a backwards header from just outside the box against the muppets.
In front of the old enclosure, east stand side.

BroxburnHibee
02-11-2009, 11:17 PM

There was another Kano goal about the same time when he scored direct from a corner.

Can't remember who it was against but I do remember he looked as shocked as the rest of us. :greengrin

ChilliEater
02-11-2009, 11:47 PM
There was another Kano goal about the same time when he scored direct from a corner.

Can't remember who it was against but I do remember he looked as shocked as the rest of us. :greengrin

V Dundee around 85 or 86 I think. It was a bit of a trundler but everyone missed it and it crept in at the front post.

Joy Zipper
03-11-2009, 08:45 AM

I was sure that it was down the slope into the cowshed end..........

down the slope
03-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Way back in the days when football was in black and white i remember Jim Scott scoring a penalty against the Morton keeper -Sorensen Maybe ?, he had been trained by Lev Yashin-look him up, any way the keeper had not been beaten from the spot for two years until the bold Jim took his kick and sclaffed the mud in front of the ball -the mud goes in one corner with the goalie following it and the ball trundling into the net down the middle of the goal . Scott had the cheek to celebrate !.

Mag7
03-11-2009, 09:41 AM

Yup, that was the first season Hearts had come back up from the First Division. They'd won the first derby 3-2 at Tynecastle and in the game you're talking about Bobby Thomson had put us 1-0 up and on course for revenge. Robertson's goal was freakish and IIRC undeserved on the balance of play. Looking back, I wonder how significant it was in establishing Hearts' hold on the fixture for much of the following decade.

Mag7
03-11-2009, 09:44 AM

I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that the Motherwell game was, rather strangely, played on Hogmanay. I think we all went out for a drink after the game and just stayed out until the bells.

Craig_in_Prague
03-11-2009, 09:44 AM

Yep, it was.

I know it's a long time ago, but how folks remember it being the other way, is a tad strange.

Hibs Spain
03-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Cant remember who scored but Dundee United scored at ER as the whole place erupted. Albert Kidd had just scored for Dundee at Dens Park and spoiled a title winning party in Gorgie! :greengrinHaha.. Gordon Strachan was at that game. I was sitting a few seats away from him. Think it was Tortolano taking a throw in when the place erupted... Strachan was totally confused - Had no idea what was going on :greengrin

Speedway
03-11-2009, 01:17 PM
The weirdest goal at ER I've seen was Aberdeen's against us during the Collins era where our old circus act goalkeeper came out for a dropping high ball and jumped right over it.

Still check the calendar to see if that game was played on April 1st to this day.

Niffy
03-11-2009, 02:11 PM

Defo , I was in the centre stand that day , I think it was a re-arranged day time , mid week kick off for some reason ?

ForeverHibs93
03-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Riordan's goal against the jam tarts always stuck in my mind when he cut in from the left on to his right foot and fired it from about 25 yards? into gordons top corner:greengrin!

heretoday
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Willie Hamilton's second to knock out Rangers in 1965.

Well did he?

lapsedhibee
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Willie Hamilton's second to knock out Rangers in 1965.

Well did he?

A wisp of his head hair might have, but I still tend to ... John Fraser's goal.

Alicky Ranks
03-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that the Motherwell game was, rather strangely, played on Hogmanay. I think we all went out for a drink after the game and just stayed out until the bells.

You're right. 31/12/88. Finished 2-0 to Hibs. Anyone know who got the other goal?

Oh, and we went on to win the New Year derby on January 4. 1-0 (Eddie May). Happy wee festive break that was :greengrin

Mag7
03-11-2009, 07:38 PM
You're right. 31/12/88. Finished 2-0 to Hibs. Anyone know who got the other goal?

Oh, and we went on to win the New Year derby on January 4. 1-0 (Eddie May). Happy wee festive break that was :greengrin

Cheers for that. A happy new year indeed :greengrin I'd hazard a guess Archibald got the other goal v Well.

RyeSloan
03-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Riordan's goal against the jam tarts always stuck in my mind when he cut in from the left on to his right foot and fired it from about 25 yards? into gordons top corner:greengrin!

Why is this weird? Deek has smacked a few in from distance in his time.

Hibercelona
03-11-2009, 07:41 PM

Would that be the game where he scored that cracking header?

Mag7
03-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Would that be the game where he scored that cracking header?

Who? Eddie? Don't think so. IIRC he scored down at the Dunbar End in the first half, but don't think it was a header. It was a long wait until the final whistle but it gave us our second derby win on the trot that season.

Another famous goal Eddie May scored for Hibs came a few years earlier against Celtic when we beat them 4-3 in the Scottish Cup at Easter Road in 1985. Eddie got the winner to send us all bananas! One of the most exciting games I've ever seen at ER, and especially memorable given that we'd put Celtic out of the League Cup earlier that season, beating them on pens after a 4-4 draw.

Jonnyboy
03-11-2009, 11:31 PM

Eddie May and Paul Kane were the scorers :agree::agree:

Mixu62
04-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Mine would be Dave Beaumont opening the scoring v Anderlecht. Fair enough, it was a tap in re-bound off a Jackson shot, but WTF was he doing up there in the first place?!! He was a centre-half! (allegedly).

Speedway
04-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Mine would be Dave Beaumont opening the scoring v Anderlecht. Fair enough, it was a tap in re-bound off a Jackson shot, but WTF was he doing up there in the first place?!! He was a centre-half! (allegedly).

You've taken that too far!!

Ritchie
04-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Michael Stewart against Aberdeen in the cup.......Shin pad volley.

:agree:

how he scored that miss hit i'll never know.... he's ganting!! :jamboak:

dangermouse
04-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Darren Jackson from an almost impossible angle on the bye-line against Rangers in a 4 - 3 defeat. We absolutely pummelled them in the second half and still managed to get beaten. Cracking game though.