PDA

View Full Version : Steve Conroy Ref for Sat

PaulSmith
02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Would've expected one of the more experienced refs.

I'm sure he's been pretty card happy this season with both Hibs and Hearts.

JimBHibees
02-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Would've expected one of the more experienced refs.

I'm sure he's been pretty card happy this season with both Hibs and Hearts.

Not the worst appointment IMO. Reffed our last win there.

Ed De Gramo
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Thats the fandango that chalked up about 17 yellow and 3 reds in his 2 or 3 games...

Given it's on the box....there'll be red cards for sure :agree:

Westie1875
02-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Isn't he the ref that jumped inbetween Deek and the muppet who ran onto the pitch at the last derby?

HibbyAndy
02-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Isn't he the ref that jumped inbetween Deek and the muppet who ran onto the pitch at the last derby?

:agree:

The same muppet that went down clutching his face.

His family and friends must be very embarresed for this stupid boy.

truehibernian
02-11-2009, 05:05 PM
I think he is a great ref. Also one of the ref's that Yogi has openly praised this season :agree:

Sir David Gray
02-11-2009, 06:33 PM
It's actually the third time that he's been in charge of a Hibs game this season.

He was the referee in our wins at Falkirk and Motherwell as well.

Let's hope that he's a good omen!

seanshow
02-11-2009, 06:37 PM
Remember Kingston called him a racist in a game against the sheep :faf:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Conroy_%28referee%29

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/07/article-1178529-04D9F0E1000005DC-698_468x400.jpg :faf:

rightwinger
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
No problems with that. The best ref in Scotland at the moment IMO (that's not saying much admittedly).

Has handled previous derbies very well and thought he did well in our win at Falkirk this season. I wouldn't say he's card-happy but he'll make the decisions if he has to.

Mikey
02-11-2009, 07:06 PM
As long as he clamps down on their hammer throwers and lets us play football the way it's supposed to be.

bawheid
02-11-2009, 09:11 PM
As long as he clamps down on their hammer throwers and lets us play football the way it's supposed to be.

Hearts' industrialists have become masters at conning referees over the years. Who could forget Zaliaukas (sp?) wrestling match with Rob Jones a couple of years ago.

They're a big, physical side who don't really have any football about them. What they are good at though, is clogging, fouling and kicking their way to 1-0 victories. It's the Hearts way, and sadly all too effective over the years.

A strong ref will be important if any football is to be played on Saturday.

Edit: Special watch needs to be given to their guy Bouzid (sp?). He appears to be a thug masquerading as a football player.

Cropley10
02-11-2009, 09:35 PM
It's actually the third time that he's been in charge of a Hibs game this season.

Brilliant - they'll be spewing!!

Bayern Bru
03-11-2009, 10:35 AM

Hearts' industrialists have become masters at conning referees over the years. Who could forget Zaliaukas (sp?) wrestling match with Rob Jones a couple of years ago.

They're a big, physical side who don't really have any football about them. What they are good at though, is clogging, fouling and kicking their way to 1-0 victories. It's the Hearts way, and sadly all too effective over the years.

A strong ref will be important if any football is to be played on Saturday.

Edit: Special watch needs to be given to their guy Bouzid (sp?). He appears to be a thug masquerading as a football player.

He's hardly even masquerading as a footballer...

Craig_in_Prague
03-11-2009, 10:46 AM

Both 3-1 away wins :hmmm:

Future17
03-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Steve Conroy's stats for the Hibs games he's reffed this season (from www.splrefs.com):
http://www.splrefs.com/Hibs/Referee-Player-Cards.php?id=50&Itemid=81&TeamName=Hibs&TeamID=7&RefID=18

And the Hearts stats:

http://www.splrefs.com/Hearts/Referee-Player-Cards.php?id=50&Itemid=80&TeamName=Hearts&TeamID=6&RefID=18

Sir David Gray
03-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Both 3-1 away wins :hmmm:

Let's hope that on this occasion, things don't come in threes.

I will be ashamed if we lose a goal to them. :greengrin