PDA

View Full Version : Caution or Confidence?

Sylar
02-11-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm a tad wary as to how the build up for the weekend is going to take shape through the week.

We all know that form goes out the window for these games, and anything can happen. Think back to last year when Hearts fans spent the week musing as to how many goals they were going to horse us by at Tynie, only to go down 0-1 via Riordan's penalty, despite us being on a downward spiral at this point in terms of our performances.

I certainly hope the vast majority of the Hibs support will not replicate their mistakes from last year. Granted, it is nice to go into the derby as favourites, but since when did "favourites" and "Hibernian" go hand in hand well?

I'll remain quietly optomistic, but I think it's important that we don't go over the top in our confidence, as it sets us up for an almighty fall should they beat us!

cwilliamson85
02-11-2009, 01:03 PM
I have a feeling this game is the most important game of Hibs season. This will give us the confidence to stride on or a massive tumbling block.

I feel a few pints before the game will be had to steady the nerves.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hank Schrader
02-11-2009, 01:11 PM
There are not many derbies in recent years that Hibs have won after going in as favourites. The only ones that come to mind in the last ten years is 6-2, the 2-1 game where De La Cruz scored a double and also the 1-0 CIS cup game at Easter Road when Rob Jones scored. Can't think of many others to be honest.

I am glad the bookies are putting Hearts down as favourites, even though I am confident of a Hibs win there is that nagging doubt that the Jambos will get that sneaky 1-0 win or a draw.

Sylar
02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
There are not many derbies in recent years that Hibs have won after going in as favourites. The only ones that come to mind in the last ten years is 6-2, the 2-1 game where De La Cruz scored a double and also the 1-0 CIS cup game at Easter Road when Rob Jones scored. Can't think of many others to be honest.

I am glad the bookies are putting Hearts down as favourites, even though I am confident of a Hibs win there is that nagging doubt that the Jambos will get that sneaky 1-0 win or a draw.

Really? That is a surprise!

Hank Schrader
02-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Really? That is a surprise!

Sure someone on here said one bookie had Hearts down as favourites to win.

Having looked myself, Paddy Power have Hearts 7/5 and Hibs 15/8. Very tempting odds for Hibs I reckon.

Craig_in_Prague
02-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Yogi had a good record v Hearts with Falkirk.
He has played for Hibs against them (if I'm not mistaken, captained us in the millenium derby win).
He's had a superb start as manager of Hibs.

I would agree form and everything else goes out the window before a Derby.
BUT, I am delighted with whom we have in charge and have faith he'll not let us down going there.

The Green Goblin
02-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Cautious confidence, I think. We`re not very good at being overconfident anyway.

It`s a derby, so we want to win, but it`s also just another game out of 30-something fixtures, worth the same 3 points as any other.

My money`s on 2-1 to us, with a controversial decision helping us out. :greengrin

GG