PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Game in London - Last Call

London Hibs Supporters Club
02-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Right Guys

Last reminder about the arrangements for the Derby on Saturday (honest!). I know there will be someone who doesn't know. Quinn's on Kentish Town Road opens at 11 and we are expecting about 30 Hibbys to watch the game.

The official LHSC Meeting may or may not happen before, during or after the game or it might just end up as a monster bevvy session.....

Membership forms will be available to those wishing to sign up. :notworthy:

Hope to see a few of you on Saturday and a great Derby victory :0::7::6::2:

GGTTH :jamboak:

joe breezy
02-11-2009, 10:54 AM
I'll be there

hibbie02
02-11-2009, 11:47 AM
I'll be there

We'll soon have enough for an Essex Branch! :greengrin

Velma Dinkley
02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
What are the membership benefits?

02-11-2009, 04:28 PM
What are the membership benefits?

Well it costs £10 and your first drink is free. You have the use of the Club's season tickets (subject to them being available), social events like Burns Night and the Hibs Cruise on the Thames and the dubious pleasure of like minded Hibbys shouting and ranting at the telly. A small price to pay to go radge in London when we play the Yams, or anyone else.

As a side benefit the London Hibs experience for big games in Edinburgh is worth doing! :greengrin

04-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Final bump for stragglers :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
04-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Is this the pub that was the official scottish bar in Euro96?
Mixed memories of that day...

I'm in town til Sunday. Based in Ealing with mates not too sure if I'll be able to make it will need to play it by ear.

Any bars nearby Northfields likely to be showing the game?

Cheers GGTTH

hibbie02
04-11-2009, 01:03 PM

I'm in town til Sunday. Based in Ealing with mates not too sure if I'll be able to make it will need to play it by ear.

Cheers GGTTH

Hi

Not sure about pubs out in the Wild West........ Hooever here is a link to find Quinns:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=528941&y=184342&z=0&sv=NW1+8NY&st=2&pc=NW1+8NY&mapp=map.sr
:thumbsup:

NYHibby
04-11-2009, 09:01 PM
I'll be in London this weekend and may stop by. What the best way to get there? It seems like its between tube stops.

joe breezy
04-11-2009, 09:10 PM
I'll be in London this weekend and may stop by. What the best way to get there? It seems like its between tube stops.

It's a 5 minute walk from Camden Town

Auckland Hibs
04-11-2009, 11:22 PM

Cheers GGTTH

I lived in Ealing for 4 years before heading down under, the nearest place that shows the games to Ealing is the Famous Three Kings next to West Kensington Tube Station (Around 20 mins from Ealing Broadway to West Ken on the District Line).

F3K is a great boozer but was once the meeting place of the London Yams, not sure if this is still the case?

Also, the Sports Cafe will be showing it in Central London, but if your heading into town you should just go to Quinns in Camden.

Cheers.

Brummie_Hibs
05-11-2009, 12:25 AM
It's a 5 minute walk from Camden Town
The closest stop is Camden Road on the London Overground - it is just round the corner.

NOLA
05-11-2009, 04:44 AM
whats the pub in criklewood that shows spl games? granted it's celtic, but they don't mind Hibees there at all:thumbsup: is it not reillys? or is that in kilburn?

joe breezy
05-11-2009, 09:07 AM
The closest stop is Camden Road on the London Overground - it is just round the corner.

Sound if you live near an overground stop but the overground is a bit limited if you don't

hibbie02
05-11-2009, 12:17 PM

Can you catch that from Stratford? It would save me schlepping through the Underground......:cool2:

joe breezy
05-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Can you catch that from Stratford? It would save me schlepping through the Underground......:cool2:

You can but check in case there are any works this weekend first

Brummie_Hibs
05-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Yes, and it should be okay for Saturday. Train will take about 20-25mins from Stratford. It takes 10mins from Dalston which I get everyday to work into Camden.

The train hasn't run on a Sunday for months because of the new line opening up which joins at Dalston.

wpj
05-11-2009, 01:09 PM
You can but check in case there are any works this weekend first

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=weekend

:grr:

i have to rethink my travel plans, worth a look if you are thinking of going by tube

hibbie02
05-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Yes, and it should be okay for Saturday. Train will take about 20-25mins from Stratford. It takes 10mins from Dalston which I get everyday to work into Camden.

The train hasn't run on a Sunday for months because of the new line opening up which joins at Dalston.

Yup checked it out and got my train times!!! :greengrin

Risboro Hibby
05-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Calais Hibby and myself will be there. We have discovered we live about 200 yards from each other in Princes Risborough. It's a small Hibby world

hibbie02
05-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Calais Hibby and myself will be there. We have discovered we live about 200 yards from each other in Princes Risborough. It's a small Hibby world

Opposite end of the town then.......................:greengrin

Ray_
06-11-2009, 08:08 PM
I start work tomorrow at 14:30 at Queens Park & thought I'd only get to see the first half at Quinns, however, I telephoned the local pub below & they said they will put the game on.

The Corrib Rest
76-82 Salusbury Road,
Queens Park,
London,
NW6 6PA
0871 971 4103

They have a big screen & are normally packed for the [English] football and serve good food as well.

wpj
07-11-2009, 06:13 PM

good to meet you today, shame it wasn't a win but hey, we never lost.

Hibs 02.....sorry i left before the meeting, had to be somewhere, see y'all soon
:thumbsup: :notworthy:

hibbie02
07-11-2009, 08:58 PM
good to meet you today, shame it wasn't a win but hey, we never lost.

Hibs 02.....sorry i left before the meeting, had to be somewhere, see y'all soon
:thumbsup: :notworthy:

Great crowd in Quinns today. Over 40 Hibees in for the game and 15 new members signed up for the London Hibs Supporters Club. Shame we didnae get the win as it would have topped of great day. Nice to put some faces to names. :notworthy: