View Full Version : Jones v Bamba

archiebald
01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Was Jones better than Bamba ? :confused:

GlesgaeHibby
01-11-2009, 07:22 PM

Different type of player.

Jones was an out and out no nonsense defender. Won everything in the air, hard in the tackle and cleared his lines.

Bamba is a younger player with a lot more potential, is more of an athlete and more comfortable with the ball at feet.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Bamba every time. Bamba will play in the English premiership. Jones will never achieve this. Jones was still a good player though.:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Jones was a "solid" player.... but thats all he was.

Bamba has more to his game... but also makes more mistakes as well.

But to be fair to the lad... he seems to be getting better and better after every game and is beginning to cut out all the silly wee dafties.

--------
01-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Jones looked good when we were pinned down in our own penalty area with our backs to the wall.

His lack of awareness and mobility was the reason why we were always being pinned down in our own penalty area with our backs to the wall.

We're MUCH better off with Bamba.

Jones was hooked at half-time against Man City and didn't play yesterday. Allowing that the fee we got for Jones was probably the money we paid for Stokes, I'd say we ddi a good bit of business there.

jdships
01-11-2009, 07:56 PM

Impossible question to answer really as they are two completely different types of players.
Jones was never comfortable with the ball at his feet .
Bamba is much more athletic for a start and uses the ball to better effect on the ground.
Jones was more positive in the air due to his height but Bamba has a bit better positional sense.

Only my opinion of course !!!!:greengrin

Elephant Stone
01-11-2009, 07:58 PM
If I could only have one of them it would definitely be Bamba.

LaMotta
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Doesn't matter who is better, the fact is they've both been class acts for Hibs:thumbsup: