PDA

View Full Version : Media BBC Highlights - Hibs 2 Aberdeen 0

HibeeMcGinn1
01-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Hibernian 2-0 Aberdeen (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8337002.stm)

Alex Trager
01-11-2009, 06:15 PM
The highlights are up on the website

Golden Bear
01-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Hibernian 2-0 Aberdeen (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8337002.stm)

Delighted that the commentator mentioned that Ian Murray's challenge was hard but fair.

I see from today's teletext that one of the Aberdeen players is trying to make an issue of it by declaring that IM will be disappointed in himself when he sees the replay. The replay confirms that the ball was won cleanly and the damage to the young Aberdeen player was more than likely caused by the way he fell.

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 06:23 PM
First one was never a sending off.

He ran into Murrays foot that was stretched out, and Murray went down. Extremely harsh.

The 2nd one of the other hand (The straight red)... I think was spot on. He went for the ball, but missed it completely and the studs went down on McBrides foot... Could have broken his foot.

As for McGhee moaning in the papers thinking Murray should have been sent off..... Utter nonsense,... A fantastic challenge by Murray.

Just relieved to take all 3 points from that game.... Which I think on the balance of play, we deserved.

NaeTechnoHibby
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
That was a fab Goal from Colin Nish :thumbsup:

He was so delighted at scoring and he got the chance to actually kiss the badge knowing this was an important match :thumbsup:

I like him :agree:

He'll do us a turn in the next few months IMO :agree:

God Petrie
01-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Both red cards were justified - he followed through after the ball had gone for the second and the challenge on McBride was a shocker.

Sprouleflyer
01-11-2009, 06:26 PM

He ran into Murrays foot that was stretched out, and Murray went down. Extremely harsh.

The 2nd one of the other hand (The straight red)... I think was spot on. He went for the ball, but missed it completely and the studs went down on McBrides foot... Could have broken his foot.

As for McGhee moaning in the papers thinking Murray should have been sent off..... Utter nonsense,... A fantastic challenge by Murray.

Just relieved to take all 3 points from that game.... Which I think on the balance of play, we deserved.

Think with the straight red, he did touch the ball, but his studs were showing and he followed through, think a 2nd yellow should have been the call, still would have been sent off though.

hibbie02
01-11-2009, 06:27 PM
The highlights are up on the website

Hibs or Hertz? :cool2:

Hainan Hibs
01-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Mcghee can have no complaints about the Murray challenge, he got the ball fair and square, the guy just fell awkwardly.

First sending off is a bit dubious to me, the 2nd one was deserved.

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Both red cards were justified - he followed through after the ball had gone for the second and the challenge on McBride was a shocker.

Green tinted specs off. :wink:

With the first sending off.... there wasn't even a challenge. He simply ran into Murrays leg that was stretched out..... an absolute "nothing".

The second one of the other hand was pretty bad.... although I don't believe it was intentional.

NaeTechnoHibby
01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I said to my Sis and Susan, yesterday, that I thought Aberdeen were a bunch of "cloggers" :bitchy:

They seemed out to 'damage' our players and thankfully our players are a bit more sharp then them, or there were gonae be more serious injuries :bitchy:

Murray's tackle was fair, however that tackles oan Deeks and McBride are shocking IMO :bitchy:

Winston Ingram
01-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Great header by Nish:agree:

Sas_The_Hibby
01-11-2009, 06:39 PM

Agree entirely. Ross's second yellow looks very soft but Maguire's stamp on McBride was worth red (though, now I come to think about it, I complained when Fletcher got sent off against Hearts for exactly the same thing!! :wink: )

Murray's challenge was perfectly fair, as far as I can see.

HibbyAndy
01-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Ian Murray put in a fantastic tackle and for Mcghee and his whinging players to come out and say Ian should have merited a booking was a tad ridiculous...Superb challenge from Murray.

Get a life Mcghee!

Westie1875
01-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Maguire's was well justified, could have gone for the "challenge" on Deek in the first half - I've seen Hibs players sent off for less.

The sheep were a bunch of hammer throwers yesterday and there were more than a few near misses which could have ended in serious injury, McBride was very lucky to walk off the park.

Nothing wrong with Murray's tackle whatsoever, the sheep players and manager should be ashamed at their comments about it. Hope the boy has a quick recovery, just one of those unfortunate incidents where a player falls awkwardly.

Ross was unlucky.

Loved the cheeky wee badge kiss from Nish!

Spike Mandela
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Green tinted specs off. :wink:

With the first sending off.... there wasn't even a challenge. He simply ran into Murrays leg that was stretched out..... an absolute "nothing".

The second one of the other hand was pretty bad.... although I don't believe it was intentional.

Ross was on a yellow card when he clattered in to the back of Murrays legs. Foolish.

McGuire was on a yellow when he stamped on McBride. Reckless.

Murrays challenge otstanding, clean and fair.

I hope McGhee is 'cringing' when he sees this but I doubt he has the grace to admit he was wrong.:bitchy:

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Ian Murray put in a fantastic tackle and for Mcghee and his whinging players to come out and say Ian should have merited a red card was utterly ridiculous...Superb challenge from Murray.

Get a life Mcghee!

Fixed that for you Andy. :wink:

Mcghee was whinging in the papers thinking it was a straight red... never mind a booking! :dizzy:

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Ross was on a yellow card when he clattered in to the back of Murrays legs. Foolish.

Sorry... but was never a second booking... He hardly even moved. :wink:

Agree with everything else you say though.

totalfootball
01-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Also great to hear the Hibs fans singing theres only one Ian Murray! Mom by a mile, great hibs player

Spike Mandela
01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Sorry... but was never a second booking... He hardly even moved. :wink:

Agree with everything else you say though.

wee_hibee it is actually illegal to kick the back of your opponents legs. Some refs may have let it go but all I'm saying is it was foolish to do it whilst on a yellow and Ross is experienced enough to know this.

Had a nice feeling of 'Schadenfreude' yesterday whist watching this game and thinking of the game at Pittodrie where Ghatteussi and Nish got sent off. If memory serves Nish got sent off for calling the ref a nasty name which would suggest most of the Aberdeen team and McGhee deserved a sending off yesterday:wink:

Seem to also remember Mixu being critical of the Hibs players and not the ref, unlike Mcghee:greengrin

DaveHFC
01-11-2009, 07:03 PM
The highlights make it look like Stokes had a great game. :thumbsup: Wasn't there but been told he was decent.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-11-2009, 07:06 PM
The highlights make it look like Stokes had a great game. :thumbsup: Wasn't there but been told he was decent.

Decent maybe, great......naw!

hibee62
01-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Ross could easily have been sent off for the first challenge but felt the the second wasnt a booking. The other red, there's an argument for a straight red, but it was at least a yellow which would have seen him off anyway.

How anyone can say Murray deserved to be penalised is beyond me, pathetic!

Chuckie
01-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I love Colin Nish...

--------
01-11-2009, 07:26 PM
wee_hibee it is actually illegal to kick the back of your opponents legs. Some refs may have let it go but all I'm saying is it was foolish to do it whilst on a yellow and Ross is experienced enough to know this.

Had a nice feeling of 'Schadenfreude' yesterday whist watching this game and thinking of the game at Pittodrie where Ghatteussi and Nish got sent off. If memory serves Nish got sent off for calling the ref a nasty name which would suggest most of the Aberdeen team and McGhee deserved a sending off yesterday:wink:

Seem to also remember Mixu being critical of the Hibs players and not the ref, unlike Mcghee:greengrin

:agree: Ross is moving at speed after the ball has left him. Ian plays the ball off, and Ross just keeps running and takes Ian out from behind. That is Illegal. IMO, with some referees he could well have gone for the late challenge on Deek in the first half.

Maguire's challenge on McBride is a potential ankle-breaker, whether he intended it or not.

Both dismissals were entirely fair, and the Murray tackle on Fyvie is, IMO, a thing of beauty and a joy forever. McGhee needs to shut up and go for a walk in the North Sea.

Frank Moon
01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Saw it on Alba this afternoon and they had a another camara angle on the Murray challenge. The boy's ankle twisted on the ground. Just one of these things but McGee's comments in the papers today are outragous.

Mcguire had to be at least booked for the final challenge so would have gone off anyway and if you look at Maurice Ross's first challenge on Riordan it was very high and could hae caused damage. Total slaver

basehibby
01-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I said to my Sis and Susan, yesterday, that I thought Aberdeen were a bunch of "cloggers" :bitchy:

They seemed out to 'damage' our players and thankfully our players are a bit more sharp then them, or there were gonae be more serious injuries :bitchy:

Murray's tackle was fair, however that tackles oan Deeks and McBride are shocking IMO :bitchy:

:agree: Not so sure about "damage" but I reckon McGhee must have told his players to get in about us and try to knock us off our stride - it backfired to add an extra sour twist to his miserable droopy pus :thumbsup:

jdships
01-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Ian Murray put in a fantastic tackle and for Mcghee and his whinging players to come out and say Ian should have merited a booking was a tad ridiculous...Superb challenge from Murray.

Get a life Mcghee!

:top marks
Have looked at the Murray tackle five times and all I can see is a finely timed tackle !
If I had made that tackle , as a player, I would have been chuffed to bits.
There could be a fair bit of debate about the Ross second "yellow" and maybe another ref would have given a second "yellow"/"red" rather than a straight "red" for the foul on McBride

That's football - you win some you lose some , Que Sera Sera :greengrin

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 07:35 PM
:agree: Not so sure about "damage" but I reckon McGhee must have told his players to get in about us and try to knock us off our stride - it backfired to add an extra sour twist to his miserable droopy pus :thumbsup:

:agree:

Look at that sour faced git.

http://images.football.co.uk/Dynamic/News/400x400/MarkMcGheeNew2.jpg

--------
01-11-2009, 07:35 PM

Check out the highlights at about 3.12-3.15. Ian makes a run up the right, plays the ball past Fyvie, and Fyvie has a fly kick at IM well after the ball had gone.

Whether you're 16 or 36, if you can't take it, don't hand it out. :devil:

silverhibee
01-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Check out the highlights at about 3.12-3.15. Ian makes a run up the right, plays the ball past Fyvie, and Fyvie has a fly kick at IM well after the ball had gone.

Murrays tackle reminded me a bit regarding Alan Thomsons tackle on Scott Brown a few seasons ago, knew what he was doing without getting punished for it.
Hard but fair.

IWasThere2016
01-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Murrays tackle reminded me a bit regarding Alan Thomsons tackle on Scott Brown a few seasons ago, knew what he was doing without getting punished for it.
Hard but fair.

:agree:

Si_17
01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Anyone else pissed off you don't get to see the celebrations?:grr::greengrin

basehibby
02-11-2009, 12:23 AM

:agree: Well spotted - and if you watch closely I think Fyvie also gives Ian a wee shove in the back just in the lead up to the crunching tackle - Murray puts his arms up as if to claim for a foul then gives chase - perhaps a wee bit more venom in the challenge cos IM was getting tired of all the niggly fouls??? Either way it was an excelent tackle - McGhee blowing oot his erse as usual :yawn:

Re the sendings off - 2nd booking for Ross maybe just a tad on the harsh side but a stupid challenge considering he was on a yellow already.
The straight red I think was a good call by the ref - probably more clumsy than malicious but extremely dangerous - could have easily broken McBrides ankle.

The more I watch these highlights the more I'm convinced that McGhee sent his team out to try and rough Hibs up a bit and put us off our game - which just makes his bleatings all the more painful

(((Fergus)))
02-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Maybe McGhee was still labouring under the misapprehension that Hibs are a "flair" team therefore a bit soft and can be stopped by bullying. Result: two men sent off and one possibly badly injured.

What goes around comes around muttonheid

greenginger
02-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Hard but fair.

I wonder if Broonies ankle problem that is keeping him out just now stems from that Thug Thomson's assault.
It would be a shame for Scott but I'd love to hear the Smellies reaction if their £4.5 million player turns out to have been crocked by one of "their heroes".

kaimendhibs
03-11-2009, 12:07 AM
I said to my pal yesterday that mcghee had turned aberdeen into a bunch of hammer throwing thugs!! I stand by that and if the swipe on deek had connected he would have been badly hurt, McGhee said after it was a nothing challenge and he had pulled out out!! Ayeright, baw faced phanny:grr: