PDA

View Full Version : derby - why do we think it will be a draw

Sloppy
01-11-2009, 04:53 PM
seen on a few threads that we will take 1 point at tynecastle?:confused: i dont want to get big headed but surely we have to be confident and think we will get 3 points?:confused:

thoughts

rubber mal
01-11-2009, 04:56 PM
seen on a few threads that we will take 1 point at tynecastle?:confused: i dont want to get big headed but surely we can expect a minimum of 3 points?:confused:

thoughts

I would say 3 points would be the maximum we can expect.

fife hfc
01-11-2009, 04:57 PM
because every team can lift their game on one off basis and hearts will come out fired up and determined to nullify our threat. I can see Shabby adopting Walter Smith tactics against celtic. Defend, defend , defend and hope you may get a break.

so I'll be happy if we come away without defeat.

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-11-2009, 04:59 PM
If only everything in life was as simple as the 2nd top team beating a team 1 point from 2nd bottom, unfortunately it's not.

Take last season for example. The Yams finished 3rd and 12 points ahead of Hibs, yet only took 2 points out of 12 from the derby matches. The better side doesn't always win these games.

Quite obviously Hibs are a better side, but that doesn't guarnatee we will win the derby.

BTW, if you think we'll get a minimum of three points, what's the maximum amount of points we might get. :greengrin

joe breezy
01-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Hearts can be quite stuffy, they were unlucky to be beat by Rangers and obviously beat Celtic with a penalty.
They're bad but they're the same kind of bad as Aberdeen, not a team that will concede lots of goals but not a team that will score many (any) either.

So, it probably will be a close game, plus it's a derby when form goes out the window. I still hope and expect Hibs to win though but I'm an eternal optomist

RoYO!
think a lot of people see it as setting us up for a fall if we go expecting anything more than a point. so its kind of a defence mechanism.

however i think that even the most pessimistic hibby would concede that there cant have been that many derbys when the difference between the quality in the sides has been so vast.

anything can happen in a derby- but if talent has anything to do with it we will win

Phil MaGlass
3-0 for Hibs, Nish, Stokes and Bamba (header).

Sprouleflyer
01-11-2009, 05:02 PM
seen on a few threads that we will take 1 point at tynecastle?:confused: i dont want to get big headed but surely we can expect a minimum of 3 points?:confused:

thoughts

Tradition says it will be a tough game, even though they are crap and we are showing some good form.

I think yesterday was a good test for Hibs, Aberdeen came with one thought to kick us up and down the park and play for a draw. I get the feeling that Hearts may adopt the same type of tactics next week, keep things very tight at the back and use Drivers pace to counter attack us, which is what we did at the last game at Tynie.

Recent results tend to show that form does go out the window in these games and the team with the most desire tend to get something out of the game.

Really think that Hibs need to score first, this will mean Hearts changing their game plan and may work in Hibs favour as they push for an equaliser.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 05:02 PM
We always raise our game against the top teams. Its against the dross at the bottom we tend to struggle. :boo hoo::wink:

euro Hibby
01-11-2009, 05:03 PM
win for Hibs.......we were not great against Aberdeen so we are due a win with great football........

madabouthibs
01-11-2009, 05:03 PM
I think any team in the SPL would be happy with a point at tynehovel.

fife hfc
01-11-2009, 05:04 PM
We always raise our game against the top teams. Its against the dross at the bottom we tend to struggle. :boo hoo::wink:

:faf: too true::devil:

heretoday
01-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Draw would suit me. After all, they are the big team in the city.

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Anything less than 3 points is points dropped IMO.

But we've seen it so many times...

We'll play them off the park and then come away with nothing.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-11-2009, 05:47 PM

Yes, but there's dross and there's DROSS ! :greengrin

Seriously, though, it will be tough: it always is.

basehibby
01-11-2009, 05:47 PM
seen on a few threads that we will take 1 point at tynecastle?:confused: i dont want to get big headed but surely we have to be confident and think we will get 3 points?:confused:

thoughts

I think the thing is that despite the fact that victory at Tynie looks a far likelier prospect than it has for some time, a draw would still be a good result and defeat is very far from impossible.
Tynie is never an easy place to go - especially for Hibs - and so, most of the old campaigners on here will be very wary about talking our chances up too much - even if it's only in case a few Yam players were to have a look on here (possible) and actually derive some extra motivation from dismissive comments.

machibby
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm expecting them to go with an attacking Minded home formation of 5-5-0. But still expecting a tight win for the Hibs. If we can't be possitive about this derby when can we be?

machibby
01-11-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm expecting them to go with an attacking Minded home formation of 5-5-0. But still expecting a tight win for the Hibs. If we can't be possitive about this derby when can we be?

Sas_The_Hibby
01-11-2009, 07:05 PM

You can ask as often as you like, I'm still not giving you an answer! :greengrin

jakedance
01-11-2009, 07:13 PM
If we're ever entitled to be confident going into a derby it's now.

They often go against form though so I'd be happy with a point.

Whatever happens I think Yogi will have them up for it.

Chuckie
01-11-2009, 07:28 PM
We need to be taking full points from the bottom 6 teams if we are to win this league..

Baw187
01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
WARNING: THIS GAME HAS A HEARTS WIN WRITTEN ALL OVER IT.*

*based on past experience of these fixtures and the current prediciment with both teams in terms of form and expectations.

Hibee_Rab
01-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I would say 3 points would be the maximum we can expect.

F that lets go for four points!

sahib
01-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Draw would suit me. After all, they are the big team in the city.

Depends if we are two goals up with two minutes to go and something resembling a coypu in a Hearts strip bangs in two goals.

bawheid
01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm never overly confident going to Tynecastle. Hearts are a big, physical side - they always have been, they probably always will be.

They'll be able to do a better job of kicking us off the park than Aberdeen tried. They've done it for years.

If we're going to get three points we're going to have to win the battle against their hammerthrowers before thinking flair.

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm never overly confident going to Tynecastle. Hearts are a big, physical side - they always have been, they probably always will be.

They'll be able to do a better job of kicking us off the park than Aberdeen tried. They've done it for years.

If we're going to get three points we're going to have to win the battle against their hammerthrowers before thinking flair.

Depends how you define "always" :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Cant say I ever expect anything at the bus shelter, better Hibs teams than this one have lost to rubbish yam teams over there.

Having said that, worse Hibs teams than this one have beaten better yam teams than this one.

In other words who knows :confused:

Peevemor
01-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Cant say I ever expect anything at the bus shelter, better Hibs teams than this one have lost to rubbish yam teams over there.

Having said that, worse Hibs teams than this one have beaten better yam teams than this one.

Exactly. :agree:

Sergey
01-11-2009, 09:09 PM
Exactly. :agree:

I'm:worried: that we'll only score 3 :grr:

lyonhibs
01-11-2009, 09:14 PM

Absolutely.

Having being brought up during the grim times with regards to our record at Tynecastle, Hearts could put out 11 coat hangers with Maroon rags on them and I'd still not be confident of a win!!!

The last - and subsequently ONLY time - I was confident of us thumping Hearts in the Derby???

Zaliukas, after the LC win, at Easter Road.

You all know the rest :boo hoo::grr:

NOLA
01-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I grew up during the miller years, i hope we win but im never confident going into a derby:boo hoo: we need to make sure we're all about them + only then will i expect a performance from our matchwinners

Ed De Gramo
01-11-2009, 11:37 PM
WARNING: THIS GAME HAS A HEARTS WIN WRITTEN ALL OVER IT.*

*based on past experience of these fixtures and the current prediciment with both teams in terms of form and expectations.

Sadly i'm inclined to agree :boo hoo:

Col2
02-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Very tight game I would suggest.

Factors otter than form worth considering:-

1.home advantage - tends to be important especially in derbies.

2.defences likely to be on top with midfield flooded. Yams don't concede many at home.

3.first goal - this is the absolute key for me. We score, they chase the game/become more open and we are ideally set up to pick them off. They score first and they will become even more defensive. Just look at sheep - done to 9 men yet they had something to clihg on to.

southern hibby
02-11-2009, 01:16 AM
i think it will be the most one sided game we have won in a while AS LONG AS WE SCORE FIRST and early as this will make them come at us which will open up play to our advantage.

However if they score first I expect a draw or a 2-1 win.

I do not expect defeat from Edinburgh's Big Team (Pub team that is)

basehibby
02-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Tradition says it will be a tough game, even though they are crap and we are showing some good form.

I think yesterday was a good test for Hibs, Aberdeen came with one thought to kick us up and down the park and play for a draw. I get the feeling that Hearts may adopt the same type of tactics next week, keep things very tight at the back and use Drivers pace to counter attack us, which is what we did at the last game at Tynie.

Recent results tend to show that form does go out the window in these games and the team with the most desire tend to get something out of the game.

Really think that Hibs need to score first, this will mean Hearts changing their game plan and may work in Hibs favour as they push for an equaliser.

Freudian Slip - LTYF! :wink:

Dashing Bob S
02-11-2009, 02:15 AM
Last three games yams have scored one goal.

Last three games yams have conceded one goal.

Yams don't score and don't concede easily.

Therefore:

One goal will be enough for either side.

But i'll probably be a draw.

vahibbie
02-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Could be a hard, stuffy type of game and easily end up a draw....but if we go ahead relatively early I can see us playing well and Hearts folding.
Might end up more comfortable than we thought.
Fairly confident of a win:thumbsup:

Steve20
02-11-2009, 07:21 AM
I would take a draw. Not many teams will go to Tynecastle and come away with 3 points. As someone has already said, we have seen it all before when expecting a result. The game has a Hearts win all over it.

mim
02-11-2009, 07:34 AM
I wonder if there was a thread like this on the Celtic boards before the League Cup tie against Hearts? :rolleyes:

1two
02-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Think a lot of the Younger Hibbys have been lucky enough to miss or not experienced a lot of the times we've been slapped in the face when it comes to derby matches.

Any one who needs a reminder, just look at the game after the CIS cup final.
Some bright spark decided it was a good idea to parade the cup after the next game which just happened to be a Derby at ER.
Guess what happened.......

Pride certianly does come before a fall.

That said, a draw will still go down as 2 points lost rather than a point gained!

bighairyfaeleith
02-11-2009, 11:06 AM
I think 1 point at a derby away from home is ok, however three would be much better. I think that 2 points is quite unlikely.

:notworthy:

Golden Bear
02-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Think a lot of the Younger Hibbys have been lucky enough to miss or not experienced a lot of the times we've been slapped in the face when it comes to derby matches.

Any one who needs a reminder, just look at the game after the CIS cup final.
Some bright spark decided it was a good idea to parade the cup after the next game which just happened to be a Derby at ER.
Guess what happened.......

Pride certianly does come before a fall.

That said, a draw will still go down as 2 points lost rather than a point gained!

:agree:

Good post.

Hibs7
02-11-2009, 12:43 PM
3-0 for Hibs, Nish, Stokes and Bamba (header).

Oh I wish :thumbsup::notworthy:

Reg Reagan
02-11-2009, 01:32 PM
my beating organ says a hibs win but my head says that this games got a yams win writen all over it.think its just set up for them and it wouldnt be the first time its happned.