PDA

View Full Version : Colin Nish, is he better...

AugustaHibs
01-11-2009, 02:12 PM
than benji, stokes,riordan,zouma?

Marabou Stork
01-11-2009, 02:14 PM
He's better than them all combined. :rolleyes:

Hank Schrader
01-11-2009, 02:16 PM

Aye...of course :dizzy:

RigRoars
01-11-2009, 02:23 PM
No,he's Colin Nish.

duncs
01-11-2009, 02:59 PM
He's a different type of player to the others and that's what I like about him, he can make the difference when he comes off the bench. Benji, Stokes et al are happy with the ball at their feet and drawing fouls - that isn't part of Nish's game, but he gives us a direct option, someone to get in amongst defenders in the box.
He was the difference yesterday but I don't think he's of the same footballing quality as Benji, Stokes etc but as I remarked earlier, gives us something different.

jdships
01-11-2009, 03:02 PM
He's a different type of player to the others and that's what I like about him, he can make the difference when he comes off the bench. Benji, Stokes et al are happy with the ball at their feet and drawing fouls - that isn't part of Nish's game, but he gives us a direct option, someone to get in amongst defenders in the box.
He was the difference yesterday but I don't think he's of the same footballing quality as Benji, Stokes etc but as I remarked earlier, gives us something different.

:top marks
Sums up Nish situation perfectly for me.
It is ability to offer "something different" that makes him a valuable member of the squad.

:thumbsup:

Woody1985
01-11-2009, 03:06 PM

:agree:

Exactly the type of player we need to get us goals just now IMO.

Also, WTF is the point in starting a thread just to draw criticism of Nish?

Any football fan knows that he doesn't have the same technical quality as the others. Sad.

sahib
01-11-2009, 03:56 PM
:top marks
Sums up Nish situation perfectly for me.
It is ability to offer "something different" that makes him a valuable member of the squad.

:thumbsup:

I actually think Nish would prefer the ball played in to feet as well. I don't think, despite the goal, he is all that great competing for high balls. He did well when he came on or at least once Yogi realised that having four bodies in the box waiting for the killer pass was eroding our numerical advantage.

stubru59
01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Until big Nishy came on it was difficult to see where a goal was coming from.

We had too many options, none of which seemed to involve scoring.

Big man has a part to play, no more, no less.

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Nish is pish and will still score 20 goals a season.

Perfect summary if i do say so myself. :cool2:

sleeping giant
01-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Nish is Decent, can change games and will still score 15 goals a season.

Perfect summary if i do say so myself. :cool2:

:hnet:

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 04:30 PM
:hnet:

Ah... but you see....

Those 5 that he's going to bang in next week will push him on to get 20. :wink:

euro Hibby
01-11-2009, 04:52 PM
got a lot of flack unfairly in my view. Big players generally need more time to come into form . ( nade apart ) I think he always scored 10 goals a season with Killie which is not easy. Its just that Hibs fans are often very fickle and expect more than what is possible, albeit we have a loyal core set of fans who hang in there thick and thin. He is a different type of player to the other lads and I think will do a job and deserves to be in contention for a place in the first team.

HibeeUnderwood
01-11-2009, 09:57 PM

At football no

Maybe at something like snooker or something along those lines :agree: