PDA

View Full Version : Yams Last game at Tynie

Toaods
01-11-2009, 10:37 AM
...when we needed to win and score 5 or more goals to go top of the league on our own?

Trivia question from a regular viewer-only of the boards..:wink:

H18sry
01-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Jan 1 1973 :greengrin

And I was there :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
01-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Jan 1 1973 :greengrin

What happened then? :angelic::whistle:

Barney McGrew
01-11-2009, 10:46 AM

We went top :wink:

:faf:

Toaods
01-11-2009, 10:46 AM
what was the score again?

'Yams will be crapping themselves this week' smiley

:greengrin

JoeTortolanoFanClub
01-11-2009, 10:47 AM

Aye, c'mon. I'll give you a clue. I was SEVEN years old at the time. :thumbsup:

givescotlandfreedom
01-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Aye, c'mon. I'll give you a clue. I was SEVEN years old at the time. :thumbsup:

Npe still none the wiser :greengrin Apparently something happened in 1986 too. I think I need photos.:devil:

Mikey
01-11-2009, 11:00 AM
It was 5-0 at half time that day. Only scoring 2 in the second half is a bit embarrassing :greengrin

aljo7-0
01-11-2009, 11:12 AM
It was 5-0 at half time that day. Only scoring 2 in the second half is a bit embarrassing :greengrin
Ah but but at half time did Gordon and O'Rourke not agree thaat only goals going in off the post in the second half would count?

One Day Soon
01-11-2009, 11:18 AM
I think if we were to go back to the PBS and do them seven nil again (which we won't - bet on a one nil win or one all draw) I would need medical care. And a giant banner for every derby afterward.

Minder
01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
"I would need medical care."

So would the 400,000 fuds , waiting time at the ERI would be interesting. :flag:

rightwinger
01-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Stop it guys!!

The buzz about Hibs right now is great but it's still very early days.

The late goals v Saints, Killie, Aberdeen, the penalty v Killie, the five opposition sending offs in 6 home games, the game against St Johnstone when we should've been 3-0 down in 10 minutes. We're doing well but things are IMO going our way at the moment. We're capitalising on it and fair play to the players and coaching staff. But it can change quickly.

Next week is a derby and we're away from home. Hearts have nothing to lose and are dangerous when humble and in a crisis. The Jambos are doing their usual running scared act they normally do. The one they were doing just after we won the League Cup. Their players and fans won't be shy and quiet when the game kicks off and we must be ready for it. At the game after the CIS win, I sensed that the Hibs players and fans just expectied Hearts to fold and were taken by surprise when the win didn't fall into our laps.

It won't happen, but I'd advocate bringing Rankin or Cregg in for one of the front four. Can we carry two luxuries at Tynecastle? We did at Ibrox I suppose but we toiled yesterday until Rankin came on to support Miller and McBride. Zemmama's quite lightweight, Benji and Riordan are luxuries (I'm really starting to notice Riordan's lack of fitness and pace) and Stokes isn't the fittest or busiest either. In a more technical way, we want to attack quickly and don't want these guys getting in each others way and then not tracking back effectively. We also want to be able to bring a flair player on at some point too.

Away from home and with our record there (admittedly improved in the last two seasons) a draw's not a bad result. Provided we don't ship an equaliser in the last 5 or 10 minutes, a draw would still be progress. We should remember that we're not sneaking in the back door anymore - like we did last time there - we're now a scalp and teams are up for us. That was what was teh big positive from the draws with Utd and Rangers - the way we coped with strong teams who were ready and prepared for us.

EasterRoad4Ever
01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Ah, the memories :greengrin