PDA

View Full Version : Maka v Stack

Dalianwanda
01-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Ok now we have had a chance to see both keepers (Ive only seen Stack play first hand against Celtic)...What are the main differentials between the two keepers in your opinion? I think Yves has been a bit unfairly treated & cant see what he has done wrong, Stack had a couple of dodgy moments in the game I saw (but was immence against Rangers)...I think Stack was immense last week, not sure how he was today??

EasterRoad4Ever
01-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Ok now we have had a chance to see both keepers (Ive only seen Stack play first hand against Celtic)...What are the main differentials between the two keepers in your opinion? I think Yves has been a bit unfairly treated & cant see what he has done wrong, Stack had a couple of dodgy moments in the game I saw (but was immence against Rangers)...I think Stack was immense last week, not sure how he was today??

Stack is far from being the perfect goalie. He doesn't come off his line often enough and struggles with crosses. However, he's been part in a 6 game unbeaten which has taken us to 2nd in the SPL. During that time, can't think of any times when he's blundered. So....

decision to play Stack ahead of Maka has been spot on. Also, you sometimes need to look beyond a goalies basic abilities. Stack is a character and has played a key part in our new-found team spirit - in much the same way as Budgie did in the early 90s.

Dalianwanda
01-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Stack is far from being the perfect goalie. He doesn't come off his line often enough and struggles with crosses. However, he's been part in a 6 game unbeaten which has taken us to 2nd in the SPL. During that time, can't think of any times when he's blundered. So....

decision to play Stack ahead of Maka has been spot on. Also, you sometimes need to look beyond a goalies basic abilities. Stack is a character and has played a key part in our new-found team spirit - in much the same way as Budgie did in the early 90s.

Id be not far away from all of that...Feel a bit sorry for Maka though..Stack does seem to be a great personality as you say and I think hes gonna get better with games and understanding..Hopefully Maka relishes the challenge of now being number 2

ronaldo7
01-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Id be not far away from all of that...Feel a bit sorry for Maka though..Stack does seem to be a great personality as you say and I think hes gonna get better with games and understanding..Hopefully Maka relishes the challenge of now being number 2

I hope so too J.

The big lad will get a shot at some point this season, but Stacky is doing the business and should keep the jersey at the moment.

We could have had wee zouma in goals yesterday for all of the Sheeps attacking prowess.

Role on the Derby:thumbsup:

TheBall'sRound
01-11-2009, 09:23 AM
The lot of a Hibs goalie these days is pretty much defined by your reaction to the pasting you will inevitably get behind the goals in the second half at Tynecastle. Next week will be a true test of Stack's temprement as the classless hoards have gotten under Maka's skin in the past.

A lead at half time would make life a lot easier mind... :greengrin

Hibs90
01-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Maka:agree:

greenlex
01-11-2009, 09:36 AM
The lot of a Hibs goalie these days is pretty much defined by your reaction to the pasting you will inevitably get behind the goals in the second half at Tynecastle. Next week will be a true test of Stack's temprement as the classless hoards have gotten under Maka's skin in the past.

A lead at half time would make life a lot easier mind... :greengrin

Did they? I must have missed that. When was that? Surely not when he went off injured at half time at ER!!!

Chuckie
01-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Maka:agree:

:smokin

Stacka

Hibs90
01-11-2009, 10:22 AM
:smokin

Stacka

It's good stuff like. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 10:31 AM
The comedy caper goals we used to concede have disappeared. Enough said.:thumbsup:

Hibs90
01-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Has to be said as much of a nice guy Maka is and a good keeper, Stack has impressed me recently and deserves to keep the shirt for the time being.

Toaods
01-11-2009, 10:40 AM
The comedy caper goals we used to concede have disappeared. Enough said.:thumbsup:

Agreed.......

DVZ and Keenan or Lewis at left back has been well and truly ditched...:wink:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Agreed.......

DVZ and Keenan or Lewis at left back has been well and truly ditched...:wink:

:greengrin Thank god, only Hogg to go now, and the back 4 would be fine.:wink:

Toaods
01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Only faults I've seen from Stack so far is not taking crosses and some poor punches...one yestreday was particularly worrying and I still don;t know how the Sheep never got it over the line.

Results have been good in terms of goals conceded but fingers crossed it continues and the end of the day, it shouldn't matter who is in goals or any other position if the results are rolling in.

Dalianwanda
01-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Some good saves apart (Maka made some too) what do you think he brings to the team?

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 10:50 AM
I think Maka does not instill confidence in the back 4, and certainly not in the stands. He does come for more crosses, but he is prone to a gaff.
Stack is an organiser, his kicking is much better, he does not panic, and the comedy goals have disappeared. He does not come for many crosses, but there is no confusion anymore.

Stack every time for me, we just look better with him there.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Only faults I've seen from Stack so far is not taking crosses and some poor punches....

I saw him take a cross yesterday. Very comfortably.

Hibs Spain
01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
I saw him take a cross yesterday. Very comfortably.It was straight down his throat!

ronaldo7
01-11-2009, 11:02 AM
It was straight down his throat!

Did it stick

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Did it stick

:faf::faf::faf::thumbsup: Ron did your lad get in touch with Paul?

Hibs Spain
01-11-2009, 11:09 AM
I think Maka does not instill confidence in the back 4, and certainly not in the stands. He does come for more crosses, but he is prone to a gaff.
Stack is an organiser, his kicking is much better, he does not panic, and the comedy goals have disappeared. He does not come for many crosses, but there is no confusion anymore.

Stack every time for me, we just look better with him there.No confusion any more?? There's mayhem every time a cross is thrown in! Rangers could have had three more from crosses ..Miller's was a sitter.And imagine the slating Maka would have got if he had gone walkabout like Stack did at ibrox when he gave away a pen when he was never going to get the ball.All in all like someone mentioned on another goalie thread..Stack has had a lot of good fortune in not being punished for his inadequacies.

erskine-hibby
01-11-2009, 11:11 AM

Certainly not in my pants:greengrin

Got to agree with this, though i do hope that Maka can see the positive side and work to cut out his errors cos he has the makings of a good goalie if he does:agree:.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 11:12 AM
No confusion any more?? There's mayhem every time a cross is thrown in! Rangers could have had three more from crosses ..Miller's was a sitter.And imagine the slating Maka would have got if he had gone walkabout like Stack did at ibrox when he gave away a pen when he was never going to get the ball.All in all like someone mentioned on another goalie thread..Stack has had a lot of good fortune in not being punished for his inadequacies.

Oh well, i will just have to put up with a lucky keeper to a poor one.:faf:

Dalianwanda
01-11-2009, 11:12 AM

Fair doos...To be honest I cant really comment, seen plenty of maka and not enough of stack..I think Maka got a lot of unjust stick..IMO think he will go on to be very good..Stack from the little I have saw of him looks a good shot stopper & organiser..Sure he had a gaff against Celtic but it led to nothing so no one mentioned it..Hes not had that many games so although I dont want him to have one its not as if Maka was letting in a comedy goal every game either..

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Fair doos...To be honest I cant really comment, seen plenty of maka and not enough of stack..I think Maka got a lot of unjust stick..IMO think he will go on to be very good..Stack from the little I have saw of him looks a good shot stopper & organiser..Sure he had a gaff against Celtic but it led to nothing so no one mentioned it..Hes not had that many games so although I dont want him to have one its not as if Maka was letting in a comedy goal every game either..

No he was not letting a stupid goal in every game, but i cant remember the actual numbers, but i think he had played something like 52 games, and imho there had been far too many of his mistakes that had resulted in goals. We could go through all them again, but he made far too many in such a short amount of games. Thats why Yogi got someone else in.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2009, 11:20 AM
No confusion any more?? There's mayhem every time a cross is thrown in! Rangers could have had three more from crosses ..Miller's was a sitter.And imagine the slating Maka would have got if he had gone walkabout like Stack did at ibrox when he gave away a pen when he was never going to get the ball.All in all like someone mentioned on another goalie thread..Stack has had a lot of good fortune in not being punished for his inadequacies.

What penalty did he give away at Ibrox?

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 11:21 AM

You have to remember, he see's a different game to most people.:greengrin

ronaldo7
01-11-2009, 11:22 AM
:faf::faf::faf::thumbsup: Ron did your lad get in touch with Paul?

I think so Gary, I will check

His wallet got dipped in the Dam:grr:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I think so Gary, I will check

His wallet got dipped in the Dam:grr:

Did he lose everything, or was it just money?

ronaldo7
01-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Did he lose everything, or was it just money?

Just the cash, got the wallet back the next day, but I had already cancelled his cards

Hibs Spain
01-11-2009, 11:28 AM
What penalty did he give away at Ibrox?The one that wasn't given when went rushing after a ball he was never getting..That one :bye:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 11:29 AM
The one that wasn't given when went rushing after a ball he was never getting..That one :bye:

:faf::faf: You actually believe this sheite.:faf::faf::faf:

Hibs Spain
01-11-2009, 11:31 AM

You have to remember, he see's a different game to most people.:greengrinBear in mind that I do see almost every game though unlike some on here that pontificate blindly :wink:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Just the cash, got the wallet back the next day, but I had already cancelled his cards

Pauls is off to Australia in February for 3 months, it would not surprise me if the same thing happened to him, he's so naive at times, he worrys me.

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Bear in mind that I do see almost every game though unlike some on here that pontificate blindly :wink:

I've seen almost all of Stack's games this seaosn and I still can't remember him giving a penalty away at Ibrox. :confused:

lEXO
01-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Good to see you giving an honest and fairly balanced view on our Goalkeepers.Your support and unblinkered views as always make me envious.I wish i could see the game in your unbaised, wholehearted,team supporting way.But unfortunately i spend most of the game with blinkers on, i,m missing out on so much.:boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Bear in mind that I do see almost every game though my sight has gone now, and i am completely blind

Fixed that for you.

Cocaine&Caviar
01-11-2009, 11:38 AM
I cant see Maka re-signing to still be here next season, so we'll need a new number 2 goalie. Bring Back Mcneil?

BigKev
01-11-2009, 11:39 AM
I've seen almost all of Stack's games this seaosn and I still can't remember him giving a penalty away at Ibrox. :confused:

I've seen all of Stack's (and Maka's) games this season and can confirm you're absolutely correct :greengrin

Newhaven
01-11-2009, 11:40 AM

:agree:

It doesn't take a genius to work out that Stack HAS to stay in the sticks for the near future. His keeping last week kept us in the game at Ibrox and couple that with his strong kicking and commanding presence in the box (yes his crosses need work on) but Im sure Scott Thomson will have noted that and will be working with him on that aspect of his game.

Makalamby had his chance and no matter what your excuse (young, give him time, he was good enough for Chelsea :yawn:) he is currently not good enough to be near the first team.

Looking a lot bright on the keeping front for a change :thumbsup:

Chuckie
01-11-2009, 11:43 AM
If Maka wasn't young, gifted and black he'd have been booed off yonks ago by our own fans....

Hibs Spain
01-11-2009, 11:50 AM
I've seen almost all of Stack's games this seaosn and I still can't remember him giving a penalty away at Ibrox. :confused:You weren't at Ibrox!

erskine-hibby
01-11-2009, 11:50 AM
If Maka wasn't young, gifted and black he'd have been booed off yonks ago by our own fans....

2 out of 3 aint bad:wink:

Cocaine&Caviar
01-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Does anyone else get annoyed at Maka's half time training routine of keepie uppys, fancy passing and skill moves? Followed usually by 5 minutes taking photos and signing autographs?

Newhaven
01-11-2009, 11:55 AM
You weren't at Ibrox!

So did only you see Rangers get a penalty? :confused:

Sunny Leith
01-11-2009, 11:55 AM

:bye:

Maka is a totally useless goalie, you talk about dropping crosses. I remember the bloke from Aberdeen having a shot from the half way line, which Maka proceeded to drop and it almost fell right in front of the Aberdeen striker at the edge of his box. Coincidently, he was at fault for the 3 goals we conceded that day, which again is not a suprise as he is guff. Stack all day for me please.

Hank Schrader
01-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Hibs Spain, I think your arguments for Maka being ahead of Stack are coherant, sensible and not borne of any grudge towards either of the players in question. I think your reasoning is always spot on and I reckon you are clearly an intelligent reader of the game.

I am also a lying ****

Golden Bear
01-11-2009, 11:57 AM
:yawn:

And here's me thinking that the Maka/Stack threads had finally disappeared. No such luck eh.

Hank Schrader
01-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Does anyone else get annoyed at Maka's half time training routine of keepie uppys, fancy passing and skill moves? Followed usually by 5 minutes taking photos and signing autographs?

No

Chuckie
01-11-2009, 11:59 AM
2 out of 3 aint bad:wink:

Hibs Pain - 'I would do anything for love (but I wont play Stack)'

hibee_girl
01-11-2009, 12:16 PM

He probably makes some kids day by doing that so no I don't get annoyed

Hibs90
01-11-2009, 12:25 PM
:bye:

Maka is a totally useless goalie, you talk about dropping crosses. I remember the bloke from Aberdeen having a shot from the half way line, which Maka proceeded to drop and it almost fell right in front of the Aberdeen striker at the edge of his box. Coincidently, he was at fault for the 3 goals we conceded that day, which again is not a suprise as he is guff. Stack all day for me please.

Maka is no guff. I think your talking complete guff. :bye:

Sunny Leith
01-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Maka is no guff. I think your talking complete guff. :bye:

Well I think he is so go and build yourself a bridge to get over.

Judas Iscariot
01-11-2009, 01:36 PM

Why does that annoy you?

Did he not sign your program or something?

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Maybe Maka could be the next David Bailey?

sleeping giant
01-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Well I think he is so go and build yourself a bridge to get over.

:faf:

Now there is an insult:hnet:

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
01-11-2009, 04:53 PM
You weren't at Ibrox!

Correct.

I did watch the full 90 minutes on the internet though. I've no idea why they didn't show the Rangers penalty. I assume they scored it? I can't believe we lost that game in the end.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Correct.

I did watch the full 90 minutes on the internet though. I've no idea why they didn't show the Rangers penalty. I assume they scored it? I can't believe we lost that game in the end.

You must have gone for a piss, he saved the penalty, then while trying to clear his lines, kicked the ball against the back of kenny millers head, and it rebounded into the net. What kind of idiot keeper does that kind of thing?

Hibs Spain
01-11-2009, 06:40 PM
You must have gone for a piss, he saved the penalty, then while trying to clear his lines, kicked the ball against the back of kenny millers head, and it rebounded into the net. What kind of idiot keeper does that kind of thing?Stack,as it happens but he didn't do it deliberately and the ball went past the post by a foot.You wouldn't know that though as Blue Moon and you seeing Hibs live come to mind :wink:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Stack,as it happens but he didn't do it deliberately and the ball went past the post by a foot.You wouldn't know that though as Blue Moon and you seeing Hibs live come to mind :wink:

I have hardly missed a game this season, and those i have, have been on the telly. You on the other hand, cant see whats staring you straight in the face, and wouldn't know a keeper if one bit you on the erse.:wink:

Hibs Spain
01-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I have hardly missed a game this season, and those i have, have been on the telly. You on the other hand, cant see whats staring you straight in the face, and wouldn't know a keeper if one bit you on the erse.:wink:So the only games you've missed this season have been on the telly? Guffaw guffaw ...

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 07:06 PM
So the only games you've missed this season have been on the telly? Guffaw guffaw ...

Games actually at, 2 Friendlies in England, st mirren, hamilton, motherwell, kilmarnock and aberdeen.
Seen on tv falkirk, celtic and rangers.

Guffaw all you ****in well like.

Edinburgh Green
01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Hibs Spain, what was the score in the game you watched at Ibrox?

Hibs Spain
01-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Hibs Spain, what was the score in the game you watched at Ibrox?1-1

Ed De Gramo
01-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Maka's a good keeper (has the potential to be a very good keeper) but Stack is quite rightly our number 1 :agree:

As for Maka signing autographs..good on him...we need more pro's like him showing why Hibs is a family club...

I remember him assisting a wee laddie in goals during the 10 second challenge last season...priceless and I bet it made their day as well

Good on Maka :thumbsup: