PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McBride

G15 Hibs
31-10-2009, 11:29 PM
I've not seen a thread on him today, but I thought that Mr McBride put in a hell of a lot of work today and was a big part in the win. When we were playing 2-3-5 he was covering everywhere in midfleld, despite being obviously knackered. For a guy who was getting a lot of stick at Falkirk last season he's a chap who's impressed me a lot since he's come to Easter Road.

Lofarl
31-10-2009, 11:35 PM
Aye he put in a good shift today. Heid was never down an ran miles for the cause. Oh btw how the hell did Hogg get man of the match.

Westie1875
31-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Hope the injury isn't bad, I know he played on but that was some kick/stamp he took on his ankle from Maguire. We'll need him next week at the pbs.

G15 Hibs
31-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Hope the injury isn't bad, I know he played on but that was some kick/stamp he took on his ankle from Maguire. We'll need him next week at the pbs.

I think he'll be ok. That's when you knew it was a bad one. McBride wouldn't go down otherwise.

With regard to Hogg being MOTM, there were at least three or four others I'd put ahead of him today.

oconnors_strip
01-11-2009, 12:21 AM
his head knock in the 1st half was a cracker! seen it again on alba tv and i went "ouch" when it happened. he will have a massive bright bruise on the side of his forehead.

he took a battering today but played his usual good game:agree:

(((Fergus)))
01-11-2009, 02:01 AM
Took a hell of a battering today, was everywhere on the pitch and never put a foot wrong. Always looking to receive the ball and keep building attacks. Clear MOTM for me.

forthhibby
01-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Took a hell of a battering today, was everywhere on the pitch and never put a foot wrong. Always looking to receive the ball and keep building attacks. Clear MOTM for me.

think we should make this thread a sticky after every match, i still can't believe motherwell and falkirk fans were glad to see the back of him

Dibben
01-11-2009, 10:11 AM
think we should make this thread a stickly after every match, i still can't believe motherwell and falkirk fans were glad to see the back of him

:agree:

I reckon there'll be plenty of Falkirk fans wishing they still had Yogi, McBride and Cregg etc after their start under Eddie Dismay!

Careful what you wish for...

BH.

Expecting Rain
01-11-2009, 10:12 AM
A great signing, an intelligent player and striking up a good partnership with Liam Miller, a captain on the pitch as far as i`m concerned.

Scooter
01-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Let be honest. Mcbride is a battler shirks out of nothing and give 140% every week as hibs fans that's what we love to see and we will always take to the players that do that. Matty jack, sproule, brown, bamba to name a few.

For me if it wasn't for miller KM would be thd best signing yogi has made so far.

random sub
01-11-2009, 10:52 AM
I've not seen a thread on him today, but I thought that Mr McBride put in a hell of a lot of work today and was a big part in the win. When we were playing 2-3-5 he was covering everywhere in midfleld, despite being obviously knackered. For a guy who was getting a lot of stick at Falkirk last season he's a chap who's impressed me a lot since he's come to Easter Road.

Another good performance from McBride and he certainly gets around the pitch. He has a good engine I think so I think he has a facial expression that just looks knackered:greengrin

He is a key link player for us just now.

forthhibby
01-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Let be honest. Mcbride is a battler shirks out of nothing and give 140% every week as hibs fans that's what we love to see and we will always take to the players that do that. Matty jack, sproule, brown, bamba to name a few.

For me if it wasn't for miller KM would be thd best signing yogi has made so far.

KM also reads the game well, if a defender pushes forward he automatically slots in, the amount of times he's in the right place to break down a move is not by chance

Callum_62
01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Hes probably been my player of the year so far....close run thing between him and big Sol i reckon.

nothing flashy at all, but very effective player to have in the middle of the park.

can really see why Yogi rates him highly

bigl
01-11-2009, 11:08 AM
think we should make this thread a stickly after every match, i still can't believe motherwell and falkirk fans were glad to see the back of him
Not all of the Motherwell fans were glad when Kevin left. He was popular with a large section of the fans not surprisingly as he had chipped in with 8 goals from the wide area,helping them to 2 top 6 finishes and a CIS Cup Final.His cruciate ligament injury set him back a bit as it does with any player after almost a year on the sideline,which led to a small minority of so called fans giving him unjustified abuse on his return to the side.With regard to the Falkirk fans, they couldn't spot a good player in a dvd of the world cup final, after all in their eyes Crawford Baptie is a legend so what chance does any decent player have playing in front of them. The proof of what I've just written can be seen by watching last season's Scottish Cup Final between Falkirk and Rangers where Kevin McBride absolutely ran the show and still they were giving him abuse. Who's having the last laugh now ? Keep playing the way your playing Kevin, the vast majority of the Hibs support appreciate good players and you most certainly come into that category.

Cropley10
01-11-2009, 01:35 PM
+1 - I've enjoyed watching Kevin play in every home game this season. Yesterday he had the Ian Murray knack of anticipating danger AND taking personal responsibility.

Already an EXCELLENT signing, no doubt.