PDA

View Full Version : Should Nish Start At The Bus Shelter?

Mikey
31-10-2009, 10:42 PM
They're a big physical side. Will Nish be more suited to that style of play than Benji? Or could he be dominated by Goncalves?

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 10:53 PM
He should certainly play a part. With the way we are playing just now with getting the width and balls in the box we need someone who can get on the end of them.

He should probably start but Benji has been holding the ball up well and deserves a place.

JimBHibees
31-10-2009, 10:53 PM
They're a big physical side. Will Nish be more suited to that style of play than Benji? Or could he be dominated by Goncalves?

Reasonable point IMO personally would maybe go for it and keep Benji back as a sub however Yogi seems to like the idea of Benji playing a deeper role and helping out the midfield.

Gatecrasher
01-11-2009, 12:43 AM
i would start him ahead of benji :agree:

Alex Trager
01-11-2009, 01:38 AM
Both of them are better when coming of the bench in my opinion

Alex Trager
01-11-2009, 01:45 AM
not that that does us any help

WindyMiller
01-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Yogi will be well aware of the importance of this to us fans, as well as the hoped for upturn in attendances, not to mention team's final league position. I'm wondering if he may just teak things a bit and start with less of an out-'n'-out attacking formation and keep something back for the second half.

:notworthy:

Hibee_Rab
01-11-2009, 10:22 AM
There's also the fact nish is a hibee, might give him that little something extra for the derby

Westie1875
01-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Yes, he earned it yesterday.

Barney McGrew
01-11-2009, 10:34 AM
I'd say yes, but as much for the fact that the Yams won't score from open play and will be dangerous at set plays.

Nish is excellent at his defensive duties in the box for free kicks and corners, and will give us the extra height in that situation. He'll also give them something to worry about in the air at the other end.

hiberactive
01-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Nish was very good when he came on yesterday,scored a great goal,helped to set up the second and generally gave the a/deen defence problems.think he was a bit unlucky not to be on for zemmama-would not be dissapointed if he started next week and would like to see him get some credit when he performs well.

Scooter
01-11-2009, 10:44 AM
I'd make 1 change. McCann for DW. If zuma doesn't make it then the forced change puts DW in zouma's position.

We have to remember we are undefeted in 6 games, we should have the confidence to go and play OUR game, let's not worry abt what they do or how their going to play. So for me nish has to spend another game on thd bench.

bighairyfaeleith
01-11-2009, 10:59 AM
nope he's still ****

Benji is better at holding the play up than Nish, he's got a better shot than nish, he's just better so for me Nish should be n the bench and if needed later on then fair enough. Same team that started yesterday will do fine next week.

500miles
01-11-2009, 01:27 PM
If Zemmama has taken a knock, Benji may take his role, Stokes taking a step backwards and Nish will lead the line.

Toaods
01-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Nish was very good when he came on yesterday,scored a great goal,helped to set up the second and generally gave the a/deen defence problems.

...which is exactly why I would leave the attacking formation as is(assuming Zemmama's OK).

Lets Stokes, Deek, Benji & Zoomer to worry the sh** out of the Yams defenders then when they are booked and getting leg weary and tired Big Nish can come on and get fired right into them.:thumbsup:

sleeping giant
01-11-2009, 02:07 PM
nope he's still ****

Benji is better at holding the play up than Nish, he's got a better shot than nish, he's just better so for me Nish should be n the bench and if needed later on then fair enough. Same team that started yesterday will do fine next week.

Steady on soldier:bitchy:

The man got us the 3 points yesterday ! Again !!

Why o why do Hibs fans call their own goalscorer (hibs fan) p1sh:bitchy:

***** out of order

BroxburnHibee
01-11-2009, 02:23 PM
nope he's still ****

Personally I think he gives us a good plan B which worked yesterday eventually..........

Remarks like that are ridiculous - coming from a so-called fan :bitchy:

Minder
01-11-2009, 02:25 PM
[***** out of order]

:agree:

Kevvy1875
01-11-2009, 02:26 PM

***** out of order

Well said! At the end of the day if you prefer Benji or whoever then thats all you have to say. Nish is one of us and dosnt deserve that kind of treatment.

IMO I prefer Benji but wont say a bad word about Nish on here...great goal from him yesterday...well done the big fella!

oconnors_strip
01-11-2009, 02:34 PM
colin should be a sub and brought on with about 15 minutes to go, unless needed earlier. they will start to tire so a fresh pair of legs will benefit hibs and hopefuly he can score another good, strong header.

nish= super sub:thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
01-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Nish was very good when he came on yesterday,scored a great goal,helped to set up the second and generally gave the a/deen defence problems.think he was a bit unlucky not to be on for zemmama-would not be dissapointed if he started next week and would like to see him get some credit when he performs well.

Unfortunately many of our fans would prefer to deride him by consistently giving him the childish "Colin Pish" nickname and refusing to give him any credit whatsoever.

Nish's goal yesterday was absolutely massive as that was a really important victory for us. Not only that but I also thought his all round play yesterday when he came on was very good.

Still, why let that get in the way of a good old ridicule at the match winner?

Aldo
01-11-2009, 02:57 PM
TBH and for me the starting XI next week at the PBS should be

Stack
Wotherspoon Hogg Bamba Murray
McBride Miller
Zemmama Deek
Benji Stokes

I would say get the ball to feet and play footie. I do realise that it is a Derby and for me Hughes has to keep them calm and if we can do that then there will be only one winner.....US.

GG

jakedance
01-11-2009, 03:22 PM
I'd start Nish ahead of Stokes. It may too physical a game for Stokes to lead the line.

Get Stokes on when we're a goal or two up and Hearts are chasing the game.

Nice to have options though eh?

When is McCann likely to be back to full fitness? I presume he still won't be ready for next week.

bighairyfaeleith
01-11-2009, 04:08 PM

***** out of order

:blah::blah::blah:

sleeping giant
01-11-2009, 04:19 PM
:blah::blah::blah:

So you dont agree then ?:greengrin

sleeping giant
01-11-2009, 04:22 PM
I'd start Nish ahead of Stokes. It may too physical a game for Stokes to lead the line.

Get Stokes on when we're a goal or two up and Hearts are chasing the game.

Nice to have options though eh?

When is McCann likely to be back to full fitness? I presume he still won't be ready for next week.

I'd play Stokes from the start.
He oozes class and i'm sure their defence wont be looking forward to dealing with Deeks AND Stokes.

You are right though ! It is fantastic to have options.
Cracking strikeforce at the moment:notworthy:

bighairyfaeleith
01-11-2009, 04:27 PM
So you dont agree then ?:greengrin

lol no, I no he scored yesterday and i know he does get a decent tally each year. But I can't get my head round a striker his size, that can barely jump and spends half the game sitting on his arse after falling over again.

Also, he may well be a hibby, but that doesn't mean I cant have a negative opinion of him, or for that matter criticise him.

Anyway thats enough of this supposed hibby's opinions for now :wink:

Hibbyradge
01-11-2009, 04:32 PM
lol no, I no he scored yesterday and i know he does get a decent tally each year. But I can't get my head round a striker his size, that can barely jump and spends half the game sitting on his arse after falling over again.

Also, he may well be a hibby, but that doesn't mean I cant have a negative opinion of him, or for that matter criticise him.

Anyway thats enough of this supposed hibby's opinions for now :wink:

I'd wager he'll get more goals than Benji this season even from less starts.

Who cares if he falls over if he's scoring and winnning games for us?

Benji was inefectual yesterday.

euro Hibby
01-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Benji was not as bad as Riordan or Stokes and as mentioned by a poster he does seem to be left out when Riordon and Stokes are playing together. I think Yogi will go with the same 11 if possible albeit I would be more comfortable with 4 -4 -2 and maybe Nish on from the start. Hearts will crowd the midfield as they have no strike forece to speak of. In the end you can't really change a winning team. Its a pity we got knocked out of the league cup early as this would have let us try other optiions in live games !

500miles
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I think people have to keep in mind that Aberdeen were playing a very defensive game yesterday, and took every oppertunity to stick the boot in. The game became a war of attrition and it was clear that if anyone was going to come out on top, it was us. The forwards done a decent job in difficult circumstances. We certainly never looked under the cosh.

Mikey
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I think people have to keep in mind that Aberdeen were playing a very defensive game yesterday, and took every oppertunity to stick the boot in. The game became a war of attrition and it was clear that if anyone was going to come out on top, it was us. The forwards done a decent job in difficult circumstances. We certainly never looked under the cosh.

Hearts will play the same way. Their hammer throwers will be charged with breaking up play, niggling away at our players and hoofing it up the park.

Lang Toun Hibs
01-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, Nish is a good player for us and deserves a great deal more credit and support than he gets. I thought Benji played well yesterday also (although his shooting boots weren't on he worked hard and won the ball back a number of times for us) so I wouldn't like to decide between the two of them for next week.

When he came on yestersday he gave us something completely different and I thought his holding up and linking play was first class...and of course he scored that all important goal - great ball by Byrne by the way and a decent performance from him too.

What is good is that we're working ever so hard to grind out results and our confidence is up because of that. We made hard work of it yesterday but we still got there due to a bit of quality and a large slice of hard graft - I genuinely believe that yesterdays game is one that we would have drawn previously - and we seem to be going from strength to strength.

Having said all that, the derby is a different matter altogether. The last derby of last season should be a lesson for how dangerous this fixture can be - we weren't given a chance, we were going to get humped but we all know what happened. I'm certain Yogi will be well aware of what this fixture can be like and how unpredictable it can be - I know Nade is absolutely guff however, if he's fit I hope he still can't find his shooting boots, he is still tethered to the centre spot and that we win by whatever score (no matter who does the business for us) so that we can really get it up them...lets just wait a week eh?

500miles
01-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Hearts will play the same way. Their hammer throwers will be charged with breaking up play, niggling away at our players and hoofing it up the park.

We'll just have to trust that a) thier hammer throwers aren't as effective, b) we'll overcome them just as we did with aberdeen and c) aberdeen were the perfect preparation.

Contain Driver and we're half way there, clatter Obua (fair, but hard) early and he won't want to know for the rest of the game.

Removed
01-11-2009, 09:07 PM

:agree: Big physical side.

JimBHibees
01-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I actually think that Nish and Stokes as a strike force may work very well on Saturday given how narrow the 5 a side pitch at Tynecastle is. Dont think we will get the same chance to knock the ball about as normal and Hearts will be very physical as well which is fair enough to be honest. I feel a little sorry for Stokes as he does end up as a lone striker for a large part of the game and having Nish to take some of the weight off him may give him a little more space to show his quality finishing.

brydekirk
01-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Yogi will be well aware of the importance of this to us fans, as well as the hoped for upturn in attendances, not to mention team's final league position. I'm wondering if he may just teak things a bit and start with less of an out-'n'-out attacking formation and keep something back for the second half.

:notworthy:
:agree: also think galbraith should get a chance at left mid :thumbsup:

Riordans Boots
01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Yes, he earned it yesterday.

:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Benji was not as bad as Riordan or Stokes and as mentioned by a poster he does seem to be left out when Riordon and Stokes are playing together. I think Yogi will go with the same 11 if possible albeit I would be more comfortable with 4 -4 -2 and maybe Nish on from the start. Hearts will crowd the midfield as they have no strike forece to speak of. In the end you can't really change a winning team. Its a pity we got knocked out of the league cup early as this would have let us try other optiions in live games !

Thats why we need Nishy. The big felly can take the ball in nicely when we need and could link up nicely with Stokesy.

Horses for courses.

Nish/Stokes up front for me at Swiney :agree:

bingo70
01-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Thats why we need Nishy. The big felly can take the ball in nicely when we need and could link up nicely with Stokesy.

Horses for courses.

Nish/Stokes up front for me at Swiney :agree:

Thats more Benjis game than Nish.

I can't make my mind up about Nish, whenever i see him play i think he looks like an absolute huddy, however looking at his stats he's definatey effective so worthwhile to have in the squad.

My opinion on him starting next week is that you shouldn't change a winning team, we've been on a good run recently so i don't see why we should make any changes, if possible go with the same starting 11 and bring on Nish with half an hour to go if we're struggling to break them down.

Hainan Hibs
01-11-2009, 10:09 PM
I like Nish but I'd have him on the bench as a very useful player to throw on if we need to change things up front. I'd start with the same starting line up used recently.

Sir David Gray
01-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I like Nish but I'd have him on the bench as a very useful player to throw on if we need to change things up front. I'd start with the same starting line up used recently.

I would agree with this and I say that despite being one of Colin Nish's biggest and most consistent fans.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Thats more Benjis game than Nish.

I can't make my mind up about Nish, whenever i see him play i think he looks like an absolute huddy, however looking at his stats he's definatey effective so worthwhile to have in the squad.

My opinion on him starting next week is that you shouldn't change a winning team, we've been on a good run recently so i don't see why we should make any changes, if possible go with the same starting 11 and bring on Nish with half an hour to go if we're struggling to break them down.

Fair point and I agree with this to an extent.

I feel Nishy offers us more in the air however, and that could be an issue on Saturday.

bingo70
01-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Fair point and I agree with this to an extent.

I feel Nishy offers us more in the air however, and that could be an issue on Saturday.

IMO if we beat them, it won't be because we've competed with them in the air, thats not our strength, if we play to our strengths with the ball on the ground we'll have too much for them IMO.