PDA

View Full Version : Hibees Reunited - What Are YOU Doing To Bring Back A Lapsed Hibee?

Mikey
31-10-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm hoping that there will be 4 or 5 of us at the Falkirk game. Usually it's just 2, sometimes 3.

I've just sent my first PM hassling my mate. He'd better have a good excuse :greengrin

:notworthy:

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Going to as many games as I can with my granda.

Trying to get my uncle back along, that comes with the added bonus that I get a lift to games rather than getting the bus. :greengrin

I left the house at half one today and got in after 6, that was just getting to the stadium and hame with no pint stops. :grr:

Mikey
31-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Trying to get my uncle back along

Nice one. Get after him :greengrin

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 10:29 PM
What do you guys think about buying tickets from ST holders?

Do you think it's better to buy tickets from guys with ST books at a knocked down price, helping them and you, or do you think that you should buy your own ticket so the money goes to the club?

I bought tickets for a couple of games from someone on here, great seats BTW :greengrin, and paid at the gate today. The PATG tickets I got were pretty *****.

I'm thinking that I should buy them from the club but when given the opportunity for good seats at a knock down price what do you do?

oconnors_strip
31-10-2009, 10:30 PM
my brother doesnt get to as many games these days due to work and having the kids but he came today with his 7 year old son and nephew who is 9. the kids loved the game and atmosphere and were asking when they can come back!!

so there is an extra 3, probably 4 coming to next home game.:thumbsup:

and best of all my nephew jamie used to be a jambo but my brother has got him to see the green light:top marks

matty_f
31-10-2009, 10:41 PM
It's a Hibs Kids game, so I'll have two extras with me, most likely. On top of that, I'll be bringing Mrs F too. Hoping to rope in some others as well.
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

More the merrier!

Silver Fox
31-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I've suggested it to a couple of lapsed hibee pals it's looking like the fans are doing there bit with this initiative. :agree:

California-Hibs
31-10-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm bringing my Spanish friend who i work with. He's a Barca fan, but ive had him along to a few hibs games - Hearts 0-1 Hibs (Kerr), Hibs 3-0 Bolton (friendly). He lives in Lochend and he's bringing his Spanish mate along to the Falkirk game, and he's always singing the Hibs songs at work..

Do do do do..Makalamby
The Hibs go marching on..

and the latest that ive taught him...

One man couldnae carry, couldnae carry Nade
One man and his forklift truck, couldnae carry Nade!

:greengrin

One Day Soon
01-11-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm working on a couple of mates who are lapsed Hibees. We also have a tame Hun who was coming along nicely as a born-again Hibee a couple of years ago but was thrown off course by the arrival of their first born. He's going to get some treatment too so he might be coming.

If all else fails I may well take my wee girl to her first game since its a Hibs kids match. She's only 5 but she always wants to know the Hibs score.

lyonhibs
01-11-2009, 08:09 AM
A mate brought a French mate to his first Hibs game today and we stood slap bang in the middle of the East - what a belting atmosphere, it was like the Er "of old" - The absolute racket for the last 5-10 minutes in that place today were brilliant.

Even folk in the West were doing the Hibbie Bounce FFS!! :greengrin

I'll try to get a mate along to the Falkirk game - he's not a Hibs fan, but is Edinburgh based and certainly prefers Hibs to Hearts for purely footballing reasons :hnet:

matty_f
01-11-2009, 08:21 AM
This stuff is brilliant folks!

Easter Road was bouncing at times yesterday, and we can have that again against Falkirk.

It's great to see folk not just going to ER, but roping others in too. Well done the fans!
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Mikey
01-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Remember folks it's not just about putting bums on seats for one game, it's about getting them hooked.

Hooked enough to buy a half season ticket in December :wink:

PaulSmith
01-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Remember folks it's not just about putting bums on seats for one game, it's about getting them hooked.

Hooked enough to buy a half season ticket in December :wink:

Mikey, if we get through November with 7 or 9 points (Hearts, St Mirren, Falkirk) and if Hibs start selling half season tickets on Dec 1st with the gaurentee that you'll get into the Rangers (27th Dec) and Hearts (Jan 3rd) games then they'll have to limit the number available!

matty_f
01-11-2009, 08:53 AM
[/B]

Mikey, if we get through November with 7 or 9 points (Hearts, St Mirren, Falkirk) and if Hibs start selling half season tickets on Dec 1st with the gaurentee that you'll get into the Rangers (27th Dec) and Hearts (Jan 3rd) games then they'll have to limit the number available!

I really hope so. The money that brings in could be the difference between us signing someone, or not signing someone.

sahib
01-11-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm hoping that there will be 4 or 5 of us at the Falkirk game. Usually it's just 2, sometimes 3.

I've just sent my first PM hassling my mate. He'd better have a good excuse :greengrin

I would like to protest about this thread in the strongest possible terms.
I no longer have an ST and so have to suffer seats with inferior views. Encouraging more people to go to matches will make life yet more intolerable still. The horrors of public transport, due to lack of parking; arriving early for cash gates or worse giving up lunch to queue for tickets during the week. Can you not just keep stumm?

Mikey
01-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Encouraging more people to go to matches will make life yet more intolerable still.

Tell Rod to get that East stand built :wink:

Anyway, who are you bringing? :wink:

StevieC
01-11-2009, 10:38 AM
The biggest problem I have is that there are no spare seats where I sit so if I get someone else along then they have to sit on their own.

I had a friend with his laddie at the ticket office yesterday being told he couldn't get 2 seats together in the East Stand.

I actually ended up having a spare season ticket yesterday after trying a few avenues to try and get someone else along.

One Day Soon
01-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I see this as the main problem to address. Its already been discussed elsewhere and I think the answer was that if you take your season ticket to the office they will give you seats together in the South Stand or wherever and then resell your seat for that game in the East or wherever it is. That's not a permanent solution - the permanent solution is for our take along friends to buy half season and then full season tickets beside us in future.

On the subject of bums on seats and getting them hooked, our job is to get them along for the day and then its Yogi's job to get them hooked. Though if we can also make the racket we did yesterday for most of the game we will have them half way to being hooked.

The biggest problem I have is that there are no spare seats where I sit so if I get someone else along then they have to sit on their own.

I had a friend with his laddie at the ticket office yesterday being told he couldn't get 2 seats together in the East Stand.

I actually ended up having a spare season ticket yesterday after trying a few avenues to try and get someone else along.

Gatecrasher
01-11-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm looking to bring an extra person with future STH in mind

Woody1985
01-11-2009, 12:02 PM
How much are the half STs usually? I assume it's not as simple as half the normal price.

Also, is it possible to buy one in January? If so, I assume the price drops a little after each game.

givescotlandfreedom
01-11-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm bringing five Germans visiting Edinburgh along to the Falkirk game :flag:

CentreLine
01-11-2009, 12:30 PM

The bunch of bl00dy halfwits that wanted to start a fight in London Road after the game yesterday are certainly doing nothing to help bring decent fans back. That kind of behaviour was responsible for many decent fans finding something better to do on a Saturday afternoon in the first place

CalgaryHibs
01-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Me personally i hoping for an invite from either Mikey= happyhibbie or PCStamp:rolleyes:

MSK
01-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Me personally i hoping for an invite from either Mikey= happyhibbie or PCStamp:rolleyes:

:greengrinMikey & PC Stamp have more money than me so bang goes my invite ...:greengrin

CalgaryHibs
01-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Mikey & PC Stamp have more money than me so bang goes my invite ...:greengrin

Ok.

I personally hope an invite from either Mikey or PC Stamp :rolleyes::greengrin

(not see Hibs live for four years now)

MSK
01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Ok.

I personally hope an invite from either Mikey or PC Stamp :rolleyes::greengrin

(not see Hibs live for four years now)Honestly hope you get over some time in the near future Ken...:thumbsup:

CalgaryHibs
01-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Honestly hope you get over some time in the near future Ken...:thumbsup:

O beleive me i need my Edinburgh fix , i really miss the old city and want to see all the new happening i.e- Lothian road, Princess street

oconnors_strip
01-11-2009, 02:55 PM
the issue of peopole not having spare seats round them for their friends to sit beside them is a bit childish to me, expect if its kids you are bringing to the match. you are there to watch a match and no sit beside your mate to have a chat.

im sure there is an odd one or two seats that if you asked your neighbours nicely to move a seat along then they might. its not like your neighbours are strangers, you sit beside them every week. :greengrin

StevieC
01-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I see this as the main problem to address. Its already been discussed elsewhere and I think the answer was that if you take your season ticket to the office they will give you seats together in the South Stand or wherever and then resell your seat for that game in the East or wherever it is.

Sorry, but me giving up excellent seats in the West Stand for a view from behind the goals in a half empty stand isn't really an answer IMO.

the issue of peopole not having spare seats round them for their friends to sit beside them is a bit childish to me

Childish?

I'm all for getting more supporters along to the games, but if you're not actually getting to sit beside them and encourage them to make it a regular occurence then you're simply just "telling them to go" rather than "bringing them along".

If the club were to offer some incentives towards giving up perfectly good seats for a poorer view then I might see a benefit.

I sometimes have use of a spare ticket beside me and when this happens I will try and get someone else along .. but I often struggle to get it filled in the good seats never mind having to move.

Woody1985
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Sorry, but me giving up excellent seats in the West Stand for a view from behind the goals in a half empty stand isn't really an answer IMO.

:rolleyes:

Having sat in your seats I would agree!

I was down in row c, seat 26 yesterday and was thinking how lucky I was to get your seats for the last two games.

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Thinking of taking my 7 year old nephew to the Falkirk match.

His first and only game was v Falkirk last year 0 - 0

Not exactly enough to get him hooked, but with any luck it will be a better game this time.

(((Fergus)))
01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
My brother is a nominal hun through living in Glasgow and we often take their oldest boy (12) "out for a day with the cousins". :wink:

He's now met all the first team, Yogi, Pat Stanton et al and is well on the way to redemption. :thumbsup:

StevieC
01-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Having sat in your seats I would agree!

I was down in row c, seat 26 yesterday and was thinking how lucky I was to get your seats for the last two games.

My main gripe, being a big lad, is the restricted leg room in the very back row. There is quite a difference in the back row and it's actually impossible for me to sit in my seat with my knees together. I usually have to stand for most of the game but the spare seat yesterday allowed me to sit with a bit extra leg room.

But yes, on the whole they are excellent seats and I would be at pains to give them up.

NaeTechnoHibby
01-11-2009, 05:36 PM
the issue of peopole not having spare seats round them for their friends to sit beside them is a bit childish to me, expect if its kids you are bringing to the match. you are there to watch a match and no sit beside your mate to have a chat.

But it makes it a more pleasant experience for them IMO, than just abandoning them to another seat :bitchy:

I took my friends Husband to the Killie game, we went in Behind the Goals and met up with Susan, Billy etc and he had a pint, he then sat between Susan and I, was introduced to Maurice and Claire behind us and chatted either during the game, at half-time and the end of the match to comment of the fare on display :agree: He thoroughly enjoyed his day out :notworthy:

He told me after the game that he had gone to the "Hamilton Debacle" and it was a miserable experience :rolleyes: Not just for him it has to be said :greengrin

Woody1985
01-11-2009, 05:55 PM
My main gripe, being a big lad, is the restricted leg room in the very back row. There is quite a difference in the back row and it's actually impossible for me to sit in my seat with my knees together. I usually have to stand for most of the game but the spare seat yesterday allowed me to sit with a bit extra leg room.

But yes, on the whole they are excellent seats and I would be at pains to give them up.

Must admit I didn't notice but I'm only 5,5 or 5,6. :greengrin

It's quite good being able to stand there as you don't get in anyone's way. You can also squint your eyes at the TV in the room behind to catch the other scores on SSN!

NaeTechnoHibby
01-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Must admit I didn't notice but I'm only 5,5 or 5,6. :greengrin!

Jeezo I'm 5ft 1in and I found the West Lower had no legroom for me, when I sat there for a pre-season game :bitchy:

I am in the FFL and rarely have to stand up to let people past :greengrin

matty_f
01-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I've had to swap my ST seat for another this season to sit beside people - the ticket office did it no problem.

I understand that it's not ideal if people eventually have to sit away from the person they went with, but I think we should be looking at ways to make this work, and finding reasons to go, rather than finding reasons why it wouldn't work.

Just take two pals, that way they can sit together while you go to your normal seat!:greengrin
:notworthy::notworthy:

Mikey
01-11-2009, 07:54 PM

You're right, it's a pain in the arse. It's not a showstopper though :wink:

Either....

.....Move seats for the game and sit with your friends

.....Wave them goodbye at 2:50 and meet up with them 2 hours later in the pub.

I think we'll probably move if we're successful in getting extra bodies along. Haven't been in the East for ages so might give that a go.

Lofarl
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Biggest problem I have is travelling to the game an finishing work in time for it. Yesterday was the first time in years I have been to ER. Given that I dont drive an work on Saturdays, Finishing about 1pm. Getting to ER from Blackburn is hard.

That said I enjoyed myself immensley and will strive to make many more Hibs games. Is there a supporters bus from Bathgate?

StevieC
01-11-2009, 08:55 PM
I think we'll probably move if we're successful in getting extra bodies along. Haven't been in the East for ages so might give that a go.

My mate went to the ticket office yesterday and was told there were only single seats in the East. This was on the day of the game right enough, and it was a reasonable support, so it might be okay if booked in advance for Category B games (although you're probably less likely to get someone interested in Hibs v Hamilton than Hibs v Huns).

Mikey
01-11-2009, 09:09 PM
My mate went to the ticket office yesterday and was told there were only single seats in the East. This was on the day of the game right enough, and it was a reasonable support, so it might be okay if booked in advance for Category B games (although you're probably less likely to get someone interested in Hibs v Hamilton than Hibs v Huns).

That's interesting. There weren't many empty seats in the east but there was a wee gap at the north end. Chances are people got a ticket for a seat at that end but just stood in the middle with everyone else!

I think the south stand would be more palatable for many if they sold tickets for the upper tier first, then opened the lower tier for the stragglers. I'm not a great fan of sitting behind the goals but you get a better perspective if you're that wee bit higher up.

One Day Soon
01-11-2009, 09:41 PM
This isn't being suggested as a permanent solution. It is only giving up your seat for one game in order to try and boost attendances for that and subsequent games.

The benefit to us all is the better atmosphere, hopefully consistent strong performances on the park in response to the support, additional revenue for players and the chance to be involved in strengthening the club in a way that fans rarely get to do.

I have good seats in the East but going into the South for one game isn't going to kill me and neither is the alternative of meeting up with my two or more guests for drinks and a natter before the game, seeing them into the South before going to my own seat in the East and then meeting up again afterwards to talk about the great atmosphere, the goals and their future season tickets.

StevieC
01-11-2009, 09:43 PM
I think the south stand would be more palatable for many if they sold tickets for the upper tier first, then opened the lower tier for the stragglers. I'm not a great fan of sitting behind the goals but you get a better perspective if you're that wee bit higher up.

I agree.

The two views I dislike are pitch level and behind the goals ..

.. so obviously a pitch level seat behind the goals is a total non-starter for me.

:wink:

Mikey
02-11-2009, 07:30 PM
I agree.

The two views I dislike are pitch level and behind the goals ..

.. so obviously a pitch level seat behind the goals is a total non-starter for me.

:wink:

I was in the front row for the 0-3 cup game at Ibrox. Best seats I've ever had :greengrin

Big_D
02-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Do people really buy season tickets and never actually go ?
I asked about getting seat West Lower T82 for a mate coming from abroad for the Falkirk game only to be told "its a season ticket seat" . Nobody has sat in that seat so far this season :confused:

Mikey
03-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Do people really buy season tickets and never actually go ?
I asked about getting seat West Lower T82 for a mate coming from abroad for the Falkirk game only to be told "its a season ticket seat" . Nobody has sat in that seat so far this season :confused:

The seat next to me is very rarely used. It's owned by someone who lives in the US. I know someone else who has a season ticket and lives in Australia.

It's insurance for getting tickets for Hampden :wink:

Anyway, back on topic, how's the recruitment drive going? :greengrin

MacBean
03-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I managed to persuade my dad into getting an ST earlier this year - i know that was pre-HR but i went halfers on his ticket to bring him back. his first season ticket for 15 years +

Speedway
03-11-2009, 01:13 PM
There's a lapsed Hibbie called Noel, a bald guy, who hasn't been at ER since HOH.

He tell me he watches the juniors now, sometimes being the only one there for away games.

At one particularly dull away game, one of the laddies on the pitch came over and thanked him for applaudng his through ball. Noel said that he wasn't applauding, he was slapping his head to keep himself awake.

I'm sure that I can get him back for the Yogi revolution.

MSK
03-11-2009, 01:30 PM
There's a lapsed Hibbie called Noel, a bald guy, who hasn't been at ER since HOH.

He tell me he watches the juniors now, sometimes being the only one there for away games.

At one particularly dull away game, one of the laddies on the pitch came over and thanked him for applaudng his through ball. Noel said that he wasn't applauding, he was slapping his head to keep himself awake.

I'm sure that I can get him back for the Yogi revolution.:greengrin

Gatecrasher
03-11-2009, 04:22 PM
what sort of attendance would judge this a success?

also is there a game that we are going to compare against to see of there has been an increase of people attending?

some of this would depend on the size of the Falkirk support :agree:

MacBean
03-11-2009, 04:25 PM
not sure if i missed anything, but is it at all possibel to get some sort of advertising publication with the backing of HFC?
perhaps an advert in the EEN or Forth One?

Or even Gumtree???

Mikey
03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
what sort of attendance would judge this a success?

also is there a game that we are going to compare against to see of there has been an increase of people attending?

some of this would depend on the size of the Falkirk support :agree:

There are lots of variables that could affect the attendance. Without any input from Hibees Reunited there could easily be an increase in the crowd anyway. If we beat Hearts and St Mirren there will be added interest as it's the next home game. Also, a lot of people will just have been paid so will have an extra few quid in their pocket.

Saturday's attendance was 13,885. From that, 12,101 were in the home end. I guess that's the minimum target!

Bear in mind though that the Hibees Reunited guys and gals can't put bums on seats, that's the responsibility of the fans. It's up to all of us to do what we can to bring someone along. Don't leave it to someone else, take on the responsibility yourself.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-11-2009, 05:13 PM
There are lots of variables that could affect the attendance. Without any input from Hibees Reunited there could easily be an increase in the crowd anyway. If we beat Hearts and St Mirren there will be added interest as it's the next home game. Also, a lot of people will just have been paid so will have an extra few quid in their pocket.

Saturday's attendance was 13,885. From that, 12,101 were in the home end. I guess that's the minimum target!

Bear in mind though that the Hibees Reunited guys and gals can't put bums on seats, that's the responsibility of the fans. It's up to all of us to do what we can to bring someone along. Don't leave it to someone else, take on the responsibility yourself.

As Mikey says, its over to the fans.

Success and failure? IMO, I'd see every Hibee being reunited with his/her club as a success. Due to circumstances this might mean different things to different people.

But I see at the heart of it is re-engaging Hibees. Personal bonds are stronger than any message that could be put out by HibeesReunited or the club. That's where folks can play a part.

Its about a sense of belonging, if we encourage and nurture this hopefully the rewards will be there in increased attendances be it attending the Falkirk game and coming back for more. Committing to 1/2ST, ST or for the Overseas who want to connect in someway subscribing to HibernianTV (Christmas subscriptions anyone?).

If people are reconnected through attending the match, registering for Hibs newsletters, subscribing to HibernianTV then they have "re-joined" the Hibernian family. And as such the club is able to reach out to them.

matty_f
03-11-2009, 05:37 PM

Success and failure? IMO, I'd see every Hibee being reunited with his/her club as a success. Due to circumstances this might mean different things to different people.

But I see at the heart of it is re-engaging Hibees. Personal bonds are stronger than any message that could be put out by HibeesReunited or the club. That's where folks can play a part.

Its about a sense of belonging, if we encourage and nurture this hopefully the rewards will be there in increased attendances be it attending the Falkirk game and coming back for more. Committing to 1/2ST, ST or for the Overseas who want to connect in someway subscribing to HibernianTV (Christmas subscriptions anyone?).

If people are reconnected through attending the match, registering for Hibs newsletters, subscribing to HibernianTV then they have "re-joined" the Hibernian family. And as such the club is able to reach out to them.

I think a comparison with the corresponding match last season would be a good indicator of how successful the campaign is, but as Mikey says there are other factors at play.

We can't do anything about the Falkirk support, but we can do our best to fill every seat in the home support.

Good news is that it's a Hibs Kids game, which generally increases the attendance, and the team are playing well enough to lift crowds naturally.

It's not really important who's responsible for a full house, what's important is the team come out to a huge Hibs support, see that we appreciate what they're doing, and give them a great backing to spur them on to collect the points.

Gatecrasher
03-11-2009, 09:29 PM

i agree with what you say and im going to take part in getting some folk to come along and Hibees Reunited is better for the club whether its a success or not because if just one person comes back to ER as a regular attendee then thats good :agree:

i was just looking for some indication of what is being aimed for and as posted anything above 12100 hibs fans would be good.

a plus point i never considered, people can be put on the clubs database then catalogues, ST info etc can be sent to the person, this will help the club reach the fans they need to reach most :thumbsup:

I think a comparison with the corresponding match last season would be a good indicator of how successful the campaign is, but as Mikey says there are other factors at play.

We can't do anything about the Falkirk support, but we can do our best to fill every seat in the home support.

Good news is that it's a Hibs Kids game, which generally increases the attendance, and the team are playing well enough to lift crowds naturally.

It's not really important who's responsible for a full house, what's important is the team come out to a huge Hibs support, see that we appreciate what they're doing, and give them a great backing to spur them on to collect the points.

i disagree with that im afraid, we are in a total diffrent situation from last year and i think a lot would depend on Falkirks attendance, IIRC Falkirk usually bring a decent crowd to ER and the attendances i think should be looked at are Dundee UTD or Aberdeen last week

i think if hibs fans are being let into the top teir of the south stand thats not something thats been done since the mogga era would be superb :agree:

hibs0666
03-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I was in the front row for the 0-3 cup game at Ibrox. Best seats I've ever had :greengrin

Did you happen to get a copy of the picture on the back page of the Record from the Monday after the game?

Mikey
03-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Did you happen to get a copy of the picture on the back page of the Record from the Monday after the game?

I've got some pics from that so might have it. Feel free to fire it over anyway if you have it :greengrin

mikey@ :wink: