PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis Byrne

Fat Stu
31-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Not saw many comments about the young lad. Thought he was fantastic today, excellent cross for nish's goal.

Would love to see him play more going forward rather than with his back to goal as he did alot today but another great prospect none the less.

MyJo
31-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Byrne did very well and looked extremely lively today, dont think he's suited to playing right wing however as he ended up wandering in the middle leaving the right flank empty when mcbride was looking to get the ball forward out there but thats only natural when his position and comfort zone is as a centre forward.

oconnors_strip
31-10-2009, 10:22 PM
:top marks

kurtis done very well today, especially since he was playing more wide than he is used to. his work rate was good and will have done his confidence wonders! :thumbsu

Vini1875
31-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Agreed Kurtis did well. Just a pity he couldn't have scored when he was clean through first half. Still can't have it all. I really feel this boy could be a very good prospect for the Hibs.

davy1979
31-10-2009, 10:31 PM
100% agree played well considering out of position do we not have any more wingers though, as if zouma is injured could do with a back up

Scooter
01-11-2009, 10:59 AM
TBH I didn't think he was all that great. You can see he has bags of potenital he actually reminded me of fletch, when TM played him on the flanks to start with.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Agreed Kurtis did well. Just a pity he couldn't have scored when he was clean through first half. Still can't have it all. I really feel this boy could be a very good prospect for the Hibs.

The angle was tight and he got a corner out of it - thought he did as well as could be expected in that particular situation.

Hibs90
01-11-2009, 11:09 AM
He should have scored to be honest when he was clean through, although he is not a winger. Could be decent back-up for Stokes if he gets injured or whatever.

GreenPJ
01-11-2009, 11:13 AM
TBH I didn't think he was all that great. You can see he has bags of potenital he actually reminded me of fletch, when TM played him on the flanks to start with.

:agree: I think it was the wrong sub to bring on. He is young, not physically up to first team yet and is also a striker who plays through the middle. Too many times he was eased off the ball and drifted inside so we had no width on the right wing.

I think he should be going out on loan or a few more months in the reserves before coming into the first team.

The lad has ability just don't think he is ready yet.

Cocaine&Caviar
01-11-2009, 11:13 AM
100% agree played well considering out of position do we not have any more wingers though, as if zouma is injured could do with a back up

Wotherspoon?

I really didnt think that Byrne was the best replacement for Zemmama, as it left us with 4 out and out strikers up top, i would have preffered Stevenson to come on and Wotherspoon to push up into his natural position, with Murray or Hogg either going to RB.

Still though, Byrne did well when on, and the succesful u19s from last year are getting their chances...

number9dream
01-11-2009, 11:37 AM
He was up against Ricky Foster, who is very quick (always matched Sproule), so Byrne had a tough job on his hands. He did well and put in a great cross for Nish to score. It gives him a taste of the first team and hopefully he'll be busting a gut for more chances...