PDA

View Full Version : Positives and Negatives from today (More positives!)

The Voice Of Reason
31-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Positives

1. Stating the obvious - we won the game, great 3 pts :thumbsup:

2. Hogg - Considering he has been struggling I thought he looked really solid alongside Sol, who was also good

3. Stack - looks comfy with the ball at his feet

4. Nish - did really well when he came on - great header and also set up the second with some intelligent play

5. Team spirit - Especially evident at full time between Yogi and the players, I love seeing a manager patting everyone on the back and looking genuinely chuffed to bits ! :greengrin

6. The atmosphere - thought it was good . Fair play to the Aberdeen fans too, who made a din.

7. Hearts got beat......again !!! ?HA HA HA HA HA

Negatives

1. Zemamma's Injury - he must be a doubt for the derby I would have thought :boo hoo:

2. Pace in the team - what is evident to me is that we seem to have a slight lack of pace in the team - especially up front. I think Sproule would be a good signing !

3. Not related to the players, but the first thing I noticed when I was watching the team warm up was that the grass seemed too long.....and as a result it seemed a bit "sticky". I thought it might cause the players some problems and catch some of them out. When Stokes was clean through early doors I think the longer grass contributed to his clumsy touch, it was if he expected the ball to run a bit quicker on the surface. I would have thought that shorter grass and a more slick roll of the ball would suit us. :agree: Did anyone else notice this ?

To finish - a great start to the season....GLORY GLORY !

PaulSmith
31-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Regarding the pace of the team was it not the case that Aberdeen were sitting that deep and compact that Hibs simply had to play in front of them and try to work there way through rather than hit a ball in behind them?