PDA

View Full Version : Cash gate - Away end

Craig_in_Prague
31-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Heard a sheep ****ger calling into Traynors phone in earlier, moaning about the away end and that they mostly got in 30 mins or so late into the game, anyone know if this was true or why it happened :confused:

RickyS
31-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Heard a sheep ****ger calling into Traynors phone in earlier, moaning about the away end and that they mostly got in 30 mins or so late into the game, anyone know if this was true or why it happened :confused:

dont know, but at the start of the game I remember thinking the support was smaller than they normally bring, and 20 minutes in I looked again and it had doubled.
were they kept in at the end? if not credit to them all for doing the 90 mins!

oconnors_strip
31-10-2009, 10:13 PM
dont know, but at the start of the game I remember thinking the support was smaller than they normally bring, and 20 minutes in I looked again and it had doubled.

no, the away fans at ER are never kept in. they are allowed out first and barriers are put up on albion terrace, just like when the OF and hearts are playing.

i know of a few dons that didnt get into the ground til half time then were told there wasnt any seats left in the upper tier, so they asked to be moved to lower tier, security boy said no so they stood on the stairs. dont think hibs were prepared for so many away fans.

Westie1875
31-10-2009, 10:18 PM
There was a massive crowd of sheepies waiting outside the south stand at about 2:50pm. Was is seriously only a cash gate for the away fans today? If so then whoever made that decision has lost their marbles.

Removed
31-10-2009, 10:20 PM

I thought the same so I texted a sheep mate from work saying it was a piss poor away support and he texted me back saying there were loads waiting to get in. He gave up in the end.

down-the-slope
31-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Yup noticed about 25 mins in that a good number were still coming in.

I think given the number of fans they have in east and central belt added to a really nice day meant the cash turnstile idea was over run.

There was only abot 50 seats in total left by half time in area they had been given

Sir David Gray
31-10-2009, 10:23 PM
There was a massive crowd of sheepies waiting outside the south stand at about 2:50pm. Was is seriously only a cash gate for the away fans today? If so then whoever made that decision has lost their marbles.

:agree: There was an announcement on their website last night stating that there would be a cash gate in operation today.

AllyF
31-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Photos of the away end at 3pm (http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/globered/PA310767.jpg)

And another (http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/globered/PA310768.jpg)

glasgow sheep
31-10-2009, 10:24 PM
dunno who decided not to make tickets available before the match for us. In the past it has always been all ticket, or at the very least tickets are sold in the weeks running up to the game before having a cash turnstile.

Pics nicked from a dons site:

3pm:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/globered/PA310767.jpg

3:05pm
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/globered/PA310768.jpg

ArabHibee
31-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Exactly the same thing happened at the Dundee United match as well. United didn't bring as many fans through as Aberdeen did but when I wandered round at 2.50pm there were big queues at the 2 cash gates that were open and still United fans coming in well after 3.15pm.

fife hfc
31-10-2009, 11:51 PM
was talking to a Dons fan on the train coming home and he told me he got in at 3.20 and there was still about 1000 trying to get in with only 4 turnstiles open. Surely we know they always bring a good crowd so why this?

Jamie
31-10-2009, 11:57 PM
teams run out..

http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/data/3525/medium/Hibs_0409.JPG

half time pic...
http://www.hibeesbounce.com/gallery/data/3525/medium/Hibs_0259.JPG

great dons support :top marks

lucky
01-11-2009, 12:09 AM
They did have a decent support but it was only 1800. we took double that to Hamilton with Hibs fans coming in when we were two down. But the fact is Hibs should be better organised for away fans.

Woody1985
01-11-2009, 12:12 AM
They did have a decent support but it was only 1800. we took double that to Hamilton with Hibs fans coming in when we were two down. But the fact is Hibs should be better organised for away fans.

We certainly do.

There's an impact on the revenue lost but how many of these people will not come back again after being left disappointed today.

The least we could have done was given half price tickets to those who missed a lot of the match.

Was the issue that they wouldn't open another part of the stand or that they couldn't get into their allocated area quick enough. It would seem that they had more than anticipated and couldn't get in but I'm not sure if that's right.

Onceinawhile
01-11-2009, 01:05 AM
My father a British Transport Police officer, text me asking me the score as he was on the train with 30 of the ASC who had been kicked out early... that might help...

Leithenhibby
01-11-2009, 10:26 AM
:wink:
dunno who decided not to make tickets available before the match for us. In the past it has always been all ticket, or at the very least tickets are sold in the weeks running up to the game before having a cash turnstile.

Pics nicked from a dons site:

3pm:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/globered/PA310767.jpg

3:05pm
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb86/globered/PA310768.jpg

This is just not on...If it had been the OF, would the local plod have delayed KO :agree: yes is my quess, this should have been sorted at the time as the polis would have seen what was happening. I think there is a few people on the ground who could have done something and never :bitchy: Not good enough, could do better. :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
01-11-2009, 10:35 AM
That's really bad from the club, Aberdeen always bring a good support and I thought they were usually all ticket? Bad patter from us apart from it being unfair on the away support we'll lose good money from anyone giving up an leaving.

Hibby_Paul
01-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Piss poor from Hibs - they should have guessed Dons would brought a decent support. Even if not, better been safer and having extra turnstyles ready...

Also dont know why they couldnt move the hibs fan behind goal more to the left and let more dons in?

Feel for the fans as Ive been caught out like that at Tannadice twice (always a farce there)

Also in such circumstances dont think they should be asked to pay full whack - dont think its fair in paying over £20 to see 10 mins of the first half when it was the home team that ****ed up. Appreciate my club would lose out but just doesnt seem right.

Dons fans - should email or write to hibs through your fans groups as they are usually good at taking things on board. Not that anything will be done now but might help for future.

MSK
01-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Piss poor from Hibs - they should have guessed Dons would brought a decent support. Even if not, better been safer and having extra turnstyles ready...

Also dont know why they couldnt move the hibs fan behind goal more to the left and let more dons in?

Feel for the fans as Ive been caught out like that at Tannadice twice (always a farce there)

Also in such circumstances dont think they should be asked to pay full whack - dont think its fair in paying over £20 to see 10 mins of the first half when it was the home team that ****ed up. Appreciate my club would lose out but just doesnt seem right.

Dons fans - should email or write to hibs through your fans groups as they are usually good at taking things on board. Not that anything will be done now but might help for future.Why should they move hibs fans from their seats just to accommodate Aberdeen fans, they paid for their seats so they are entitled to stay put ..

Yes there was a cock up somewhere & hopefully hibs will have learned a lesson from this...simple solution next time would be to make the Aberdeen's allocation all ticket so they know exactly how many will be there ..

Antifa Hibs
01-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Thats why all ticket is better, much easier for all involved. Nae ****ing about with change etc, give your ticket over then away you go.

I've been in worse situations in recent years with hibs at dundee utd, dunfi and hamilton.

Hibby_Paul
01-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Why should they move hibs fans from their seats just to accommodate Aberdeen fans, they paid for their seats so they are entitled to stay put ..

Yes there was a cock up somewhere & hopefully hibs will have learned a lesson from this...simple solution next time would be to make the Aberdeen's allocation all ticket so they know exactly how many will be there ..

Personally disagree and South is pay at gate supports I think for us so hardly a hassle asking them all to move along 10-15 rows? Its not like our section in the south was 'jam packed'.

If it were us at Pittodrie id hope they would do that to let more fans in (ok maybe not feasible cause they have a fence but you catch my drift). Scottish football needs as much punters through the doors each week - home and away - and such farces dont help.
We'd all be having the same moans the sheep are having.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 11:27 AM
I cant understand what went wrong. Was it not enough turnstyles, or fans turning up late?

MSK
01-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Personally disagree and South is pay at gate supports I think for us so hardly a hassle asking them all to move along 10-15 rows? Its not like our section in the south was 'jam packed'.

If it were us at Pittodrie id hope they would do that to let more fans in (ok maybe not feasible cause they have a fence but you catch my drift). Scottish football needs as much punters through the doors each week - home and away - and such farces dont help.
We'd all be having the same moans the sheep are having.There is season ticket holders in the South too..we had seats there last year, folk would prob have been pissed off if they were asked to move 10-15 rows, i would have been ..much the same if the same request was made in the West etc ...

MSK
01-11-2009, 11:30 AM
I cant understand what went wrong. Was it not enough turnstyles, or fans turning up late?Prob a combination of that plus a larger than expected Aberdeen support ..

ArabHibee
01-11-2009, 11:32 AM
There is season ticket holders in the South too..we had seats there last year, folk would prob have been pissed off if they were asked to move 10-15 rows, i would have been ..much the same if the same request was made in the West etc ...

Slightly off topic and just out of interest, what happens when you have a season ticket for the South and its a Smeltc or Rankgers game?

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Prob a combination of that plus a larger than expected Aberdeen support ..

It was not that big a support though. It was only 1800? Going by the pictures, it looks like there were only 2 gates that were open. That does not seem enough.:confused:

MSK
01-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Slightly off topic and just out of interest, what happens when you have a season ticket for the South and its a Smeltc or Rankgers game?Our season tickets didnt cover that category, when we did purchase tickets for the old firm/hearts etc we were re-located to the leather seats in the FF ..

Hibby_Paul
01-11-2009, 11:50 AM
There is season ticket holders in the South too..we had seats there last year, folk would prob have been pissed off if they were asked to move 10-15 rows, i would have been ..much the same if the same request was made in the West etc ...

Never realised we had season tickets there....thought was odd with rangers games etc but can see it does work with being relocated to another stand like you said.

I still maintain that our bit of the south stand was in no way full and there is a 'common sense' argument for letting more fans in - and more £ for hibs each time. However , can understand you would have more of a right to feel hacked off being asked to move from your season ticket seat.

Sprouleflyer
01-11-2009, 11:50 AM
It was not that big a support though. It was only 1800? Going by the pictures, it looks like there were only 2 gates that were open. That does not seem enough.:confused:

4 gates open, 2 for the bottom tier and 2 for the top tier. There are another 4 at the south end but the side where the hibs fans come in (same as the FF)

I think the issue here has been large number of fans turning up 15 mins before kick off and all paying cash, which slows the footfall through the gates compared to tickets.

I really hope that if Hibs ever get round to building the East stand that they do what hearts have done and connect the East up to the South so the Hibs fans can get to that stand via the East turnstiles, leaving all 8 turnstiles at the South for away fans.

Golden Bear
01-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Why was the kick off not delayed for say 15mins? Would such a decision be the responsibilty of the ref, the police or the clubs I wonder?

Let's face it, we'd all be bloody annoyed if we'd travelled up to Aberdeen only to find similar circumstances.

Not good enough Hibs ------- get it sorted.

Westie1875
01-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Hibs need to take their share of the blame here, but so do Aberdeen fc. They should be insisting on an allocation of tickets to sell in advance for their own fans.

Woody1985
01-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Why was the kick off not delayed for say 15mins? Would such a decision be the responsibilty of the ref, the police or the clubs I wonder?

Let's face it, we'd all be bloody annoyed if we'd travelled up to Aberdeen only to find similar circumstances.

Not good enough Hibs ------- get it sorted.

Good point.

I checked my watch and I think the game did kick off a few minutes late but it might just be the watch is fast.

I think part of the issue was that their allocated section was full and with the sounds of it wouldn't open another part of the stand i.e. the top left.

Leithenhibby
01-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Why should they move hibs fans from their seats just to accommodate Aberdeen fans, they paid for their seats so they are entitled to stay put ..

My take on this is that you get to the ground on time, as apposed to getting p!ssed up in some local boozer :devil:

I recall many moons ago that one of the rules :wink:, on that back of the ticket (old main stand) was to make sure you were seated 15 minutes before KO.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-11-2009, 12:47 PM
If it is a cash gate then you get there early...simples...If you want to get some more shandies down your throat and then amble along at 10 to 3 then maybe the sauce is more important than the game. I heard the stuff on your-call and could not believe when an Arab texted in with the same complaint. Tannadice is by far the most awkward ground to get in to. Incompetent stewarding, trying to horseshoe fans in while the shed opposite has about ten united fans in it. I can remember when they put us out of the League Cup in extra time, when we had supporters still waiting to get in after the second half had kicked off.:grr::grr::grr:

Winston Ingram
01-11-2009, 12:50 PM
The guy who phoned in on the radio said Aberdeen 'always' bring at least 3000 to ER:confused:

Don't think so.

On Hibs part I can understand why there were only 4 turnstiles open. Aberdeen are playing absolutely murder and never bring a support that size even when they are playing well. Hibs opened half of the top tier which has always been more than enough in the past. As well as that the caller on the Radio said that he arrived at the ground at 2.45pm. Also it does say on the ticket that you should be at the ground 30mins before kick off.

The only thing I would criticise Hibs for is not reacting and not opening more turnstiles

Jamie
01-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I recall many moons ago that one of the rules :wink:, on that back of the ticket (old main stand) was to make sure you were seated 15 minutes before KO.

It still says that on tickets, but as loads o them never had tickets then how would they have known ?

MSK
01-11-2009, 12:57 PM
The guy who phoned in on the radio said Aberdeen 'always' bring at least 3000 to ER:confused:

Don't think so.

On Hibs part I can understand why there were only 4 turnstiles open. Aberdeen are playing absolutely murder and never bring a support that size even when they are playing well. Hibs opened half of the top tier which has always been more than enough in the past. As well as that the caller on the Radio said that he arrived at the ground at 2.45pm. Also it does say on the ticket that you should be at the ground 30mins before kick off.

The only thing I would criticise Hibs for is not reacting and not opening more turnstilesAnother poster said there were 4 turnstyles open ..two bottom & two top ..the only other turnstyles (4) are for the hibs section arent they ..?

I could be wrong but i thought they only had eight turnstyles at the South end ..

Winston Ingram
01-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Another poster said there were 4 turnstyles open ..two bottom & two top ..the only other turnstyles (4) are for the hibs section arent they ..?

I could be wrong but i thought they only had eight turnstyles at the South end ..

They could have opened the other side of the top tier as our Fans were only in the bottom Tier

Leithenhibby
01-11-2009, 01:36 PM
It still says that on tickets, but as loads o them never had tickets then how would they have known ?

Perhaps the fact that they have been going to footie games for years would tell them to get to the ground sharp-ish. No got a lot of sympathy for them :devil: Too many fans leave it till the last minute to get in..

Jamie
01-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Too many fans leave it till the last minute to get in..

To tru, should have bought a ticket in the 1st place and got in the ticket only stiles.. I presume there was one?

All to often its coz they want another nip or half pint fi the pub :jamboak:

oconnors_strip
01-11-2009, 02:47 PM
To tru, should have bought a ticket in the 1st place and got in the ticket only stiles.. I presume there was one?

All to often its coz they want another nip or half pint fi the pub :jamboak:

there was no tickets on sale for the dons fans jamie. cash only at 4 turnstiles.

hibs will have learnt a lesson and will only imrpove (hopefully!) the process for next visit from them and other teams who bring a large support.

NAE NOOKIE
01-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Lets face it, its not unusual for at least half the crowd to turn up in the 15 mins leading to kick off.

Coz it was a Saturday game I cant see what the problem would have been holding up the KO for 15 mins.

Looks like Hibs made a dock of this one and lessons need to be learned.

Cash gates are a great idea, but only as a back up to tickets.

basehibby
01-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Very poor show from the club - we host the Sheep twice every season so their numbers can hardly have been a surprise.
Obviously not enough turnstiles in operation for which there is really no excuse.

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Very poor show from the club - we host the Sheep twice every season so their numbers can hardly have been a surprise.
Obviously not enough turnstiles in operation for which there is really no excuse.

I think there is only 4 gates available for them, and they only brought 1800 fans. The old firm bring double that, and with 8 gates there does not seem to be any trouble, or have i got that wrong, and there are more gates available?
If not, it seems to me they all arrived at the same time, never ideal.

Sprouleflyer
01-11-2009, 04:43 PM

No, there were enough gates open, Aberdeen brought less than half the stands capacity and they had half the stands gates.

The trouble is that most Dons fans turned up 15 mins before kickoff and the gates were cash gates which slows the footfall.

The only thing that Hibs should be critctised about was maybe not giving a couple of the other gates to the Dons fans to get them in a bit quicker.

Leithenhibby
01-11-2009, 05:13 PM
No, there were enough gates open, Aberdeen brought less than half the stands capacity and they had half the stands gates.

The trouble is that most Dons fans turned up 15 mins before kickoff and the gates were cash gates which slows the footfall.

The only thing that Hibs should be criticised about was maybe not giving a couple of the other gates to the Dons fans to get them in a bit quicker.

I'm no so sure Hibs should be criticised as the local polis have a say also. Shirley the commander at the game would know that the Dons fans were going to struggle to get in for KO.

HFC pay a lot of money for Mr Plod and he should be doing a lot more to keep up-tae-speed on the well being of Everybody at ER :agree:

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm no so sure Hibs should be criticised as the local polis have a say also. Shirley the commander at the game would know that the Dons fans were going to struggle to get in for KO.

HFC pay a lot of money for Mr Plod and he should be doing a lot more to keep up-tae-speed on the well being of Everybody at ER :agree:

:top marks:agree:

basehibby
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM

The only thing that Hibs should be critctised about was maybe not giving a couple of the other gates to the Dons fans to get them in a bit quicker.

OK - I stand corrected - still seems strange that it took as much as half and hour after KO to get them in though - if they started queuing at 2:45 and there was 1800 getting in through 4 turnstiles then that would equate to about 10 seconds per punter - are the operators too slow or do they just need more turnstiles???

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 05:31 PM
OK - I stand corrected - still seems strange that it took as much as half and hour after KO to get them in though - if they started queuing at 2:45 and there was 1800 getting in through 4 turnstiles then that would equate to about 10 seconds per punter - are the operators too slow or do they just need more turnstiles???

I have no idea what went wrong yesterday, as others have said, we have 8 gates for double their crowd, and there is never any trouble getting in. I THINK PEOPLE JUST ARRIVED TOO LATE. That is not Hibs fault imho, you would not turn up for a flight 15 minutes before the plane was supposed to leave, yet we seem to think its ok to leave the pub at 10 minutes to 3, and not miss a minutes football.:greengrin

ArabHibee
01-11-2009, 05:49 PM
If it is a cash gate then you get there early...simples...If you want to get some more shandies down your throat and then amble along at 10 to 3 then maybe the sauce is more important than the game. I heard the stuff on your-call and could not believe when an Arab texted in with the same complaint. Tannadice is by far the most awkward ground to get in to. Incompetent stewarding, trying to horseshoe fans in while the shed opposite has about ten united fans in it. I can remember when they put us out of the League Cup in extra time, when we had supporters still waiting to get in after the second half had kicked off.:grr::grr::grr:

I've never had any bother getting into Tannadice. :cool2:

lapsedhibee
01-11-2009, 05:54 PM

If 1800 people take 45 minutes to get through four turnstiles, how long does it take one punter to get through a turnstile?

(4x45minutes)/1800=6 seconds. That doesn't seem very slow for a cash transaction. So ... need more turnstiles, or earlier queuing, or later kick-off, or let them in for free.

Phil MaGlass
01-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Its just not true that dons fans were waiting until the last minute to turn up,its mibbe true for a few but my mate was at the game, turned up at 2.40 and didnt get in until 3.10,do the maths,its a f,n joke,even an idiot knows that the Dons have a large central belt support, which makes it easier for them to come to ER without having to buy a ticket.Good on Hibs that it was a pay at the gate,but ffs make sure you open the f,n gates to accomodate the fans.Piss poor by Hibs. In this day and age this shouldnt be happening.Especially when were shouting from the rooftops about getting fans reunited off the ground.Own goal by Hibs there.The Dons fans make a big noise at the game and add alot to the atmosphere,they should be treated a bit better than saturday.

jgl07
01-11-2009, 06:06 PM

The only thing that Hibs should be criticised about was maybe not giving a couple of the other gates to the Dons fans to get them in a bit quicker.
The guy who phoned Jim Traynor to complain said that they left Middleton's at around 2:45. and didn't get in until 3:20.

The onus on the away fans should be to arrive on time. They probably left Aberdeen mid morning yet missed one third of the match through staying in the pub too long.

I can recall queuing for the South Stand in the days of big attendances at Easter Road. I always made of a point of arriving well before to ensure getting in on time.

The only thing that Hibs could do is to revert to an all ticket away end for Aberdeen's visits.

Leithenhibby
01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Its just not true that dons fans were waiting until the last minute to turn up,its mibbe true for a few but my mate was at the game, turned up at 2.40 and didnt get in until 3.10,do the maths,its a f,n joke,even an idiot knows that the Dons have a large central belt support, which makes it easier for them to come to ER without having to buy a ticket.Good on Hibs that it was a pay at the gate,but ffs make sure you open the f,n gates to accomodate the fans.Piss poor by Hibs. In this day and age this shouldnt be happening.Especially when were shouting from the rooftops about getting fans reunited off the ground.Own goal by Hibs there.The Dons fans make a big noise at the game and add alot to the atmosphere,they should be treated a bit better than saturday.

I can't say I agree with you on many points, for a start the man in charge of the crowd control is the Lothian & Borders commander.

He will have known that a large number of fans were not going to get in on time, this tells me that it is his job to inform the match officials that there is crowd congestion and that the KO be delayed Not HFC. Your point on the Dons fans making the atmosphere good I do agree, I thought their fans were brilliant (only cos we won 2-0) and did make for a good atmosphere. :wink:

blackhibee
02-11-2009, 01:04 AM
I think it was Hibs fault pure and simple. If somebody turns up for a game at 2.30 or 2.50 it shouldn't make a difference if they are to be there for a 3.00 kick off. I usually do get there for about ten to 3 and get into the West Stand which is considerably more full usually than the South Stand, usually with minutes to spare. Hibs should have delayed the kick off as well. I reckon they will deal with it in the future,but to blame Aberdeen fans for it is just nonsense.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2009, 01:07 AM
I think it was Hibs fault pure and simple. If somebody turns up for a game at 2.30 or 2.50 it shouldn't make a difference if they are to be there for a 3.00 kick off. I usually do get there for about ten to 3 and get into the West Stand which is considerably more full usually than the South Stand, usually with minutes to spare. Hibs should have delayed the kick off as well. I reckon they will deal with it in the future,but to blame Aberdeen fans for it is just nonsense.

Its not up to hibs to delay the game. If you are going abroad, do you turn up 10 minutes before the plane leaves?:confused:

jgl07
02-11-2009, 01:17 AM
But the West Stand has no cash gates.

It is a lot quicker taking a ticket than taking money giving change etc.

I can recall a CIS Cup match at ER when I arrived 15 minutes before the start and got in 20 minutes into the match by which time Hibs were 2-0 up. That was pay at the gate.

The South Stand was built around 14 years ago. The stand has had the same number of turnstiles since then. Other than making the stand all ticket, what else could Hibs have done?

basehibby
02-11-2009, 01:18 AM
If 1800 people take 45 minutes to get through four turnstiles, how long does it take one punter to get through a turnstile?

(4x45minutes)/1800=6 seconds. That doesn't seem very slow for a cash transaction. So ... need more turnstiles, or earlier queuing, or later kick-off, or let them in for free.

You're right (jeez my maths!) 6 seconds seems pretty reasonable - only solution would seem to be to have more turnstiles then - wonder if they could fit any more in :confused:

Leithenhibby
02-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Its not up to hibs to delay the game. If you are going abroad, do you turn up 10 minutes before the plane leaves?:confused:

:agree:

I'm not even sure HFC have the power to delay a game! Is it an option open to HFC in the first place?.

And with regard the idea of putting in extra turnstiles....NO HAPPENING

Typical public. :wink:

HFC 0-7
02-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Apparently the reason there was such a delay for people getting in was a combination of things.

1, Hibs never expected so many fans.

2, Many Aberdeen fans turned up late.

3, the police were vetting the fans going in as they expected trouble hence the 30 fans being escorted away from the ground.

I think the second point probably had a big impact, there was hardly any fans in before kickoff, usually there is a fair few fans in before kickoff.

Leithenhibby
02-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Apparently the reason there was such a delay for people getting in was a combination of things.

3, the police were vetting the fans going in as they expected trouble hence the 30 fans being escorted away from the ground.

I think the second point probably had a big impact, there was hardly any fans in before kickoff, usually there is a fair few fans in before kickoff.

If this was the case, and the plod were expecting trouble then that would explain a lot for such a delay, the plod were probably happy that they had the fans where they wanted them...just a thought.

--------
02-11-2009, 09:56 AM
The guy who phoned Jim Traynor to complain said that they left Middleton's at around 2:45. and didn't get in until 3:20.

The onus on the away fans should be to arrive on time. They probably left Aberdeen mid morning yet missed one third of the match through staying in the pub too long.

I can recall queuing for the South Stand in the days of big attendances at Easter Road. I always made of a point of arriving well before to ensure getting in on time.

The only thing that Hibs could do is to revert to an all ticket away end for Aberdeen's visits.

Whose decision was it not to issue tickets? I heard that both Dundee United and Aberdeen were unwilling to handle ticket sales for these games which led to the gates being all-cash, rather than Hibs being unwilling to issue tickets?

Leaving Middletons' at 2.45 and expecting to be in the ground at kick-off is juust completely unrealistic - the goon on the Traynor show also referred to the South as a 'fire-trap' and claimed 3000 Dons fans make the trip regularly, so there has to be a question as to how connected he was to reality.

Some of the trouble may be because in the past the away support has been given the whole of the South; lately the east half of that stand has been opened to home fans which means fewer gates available to visitors. The stand holds 3,800, I think, which means that the sections allocated to the away support are more than adequate provided they turn up in time.

Coming 200 miles for a Saturday afternoon football match, then spending so long in the boozer that you miss most of the first half - that's stupid. But then if you come dressed as a clown or a rabbit or a sheep....

I suppose joined-up thinking's a wee bit too much to ask.

greenginger
02-11-2009, 10:34 AM

Another factor was the amount of change being given out.
I think admission was £21 or £22 . Think of the number of change of two twenty notes required.

A couple of correct money/no change given turnstiles would speed things up.

Joe Baker II
02-11-2009, 11:29 AM

Excellent post. http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124039955 gives more detail on the level of incompetence dispalyed by Hibs on Saturday.

A bit harsh (although I dislike defending them) blaming the police - they are not responsible for getting people into the ground and they are not paid for this. Though they were at fault if they tried to hassle people on entry.

Airport analogy a poor one - there are facilities at airports not available at football grounds, there is currently zero incentive to come early until attitudes and legislation on alcohol change. Hibs should be able to deal with this situation and hold their hands up when they cannot. Think problem here is the so-called head of security Jim Pryde who seems to be invisble on these occasions and should be dispensed with at the earliest opportunity.

Think club should consider not including Aberdeen games in South Stand season ticket package in future - there were so few in Eastern half on Saturday that they could easily have been accommodated elsewhere.

And while it was right there was pay at gate on Saturday, as Bovril says problems could have been alleviated by selling tickets in advance too, if Aberdeen were not playing ball (disgraceful if this is true as claimed btw) Hibs should have sold tickets directly to Dons fans as they do now for OF games.

In summary Hibs made a complete mess of things and there is plenty of lessons for them to learn in future.

Peevemor
02-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Excellent post. http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124039955 gives more detail on the level of incompetence dispalyed by Hibs on Saturday.

A bit harsh (although I dislike defending them) blaming the police - they are not responsible for getting people into the ground and they are not paid for this. Though they were at fault if they tried to hassle people on entry.

Airport analogy a poor one - there are facilities at airports not available at football grounds, there is currently zero incentive to come early until attitudes and legislation on alcohol change. Hibs should be able to deal with this situation and hold their hands up when they cannot. Think problem here is the so-called head of security Jim Pryde who seems to be invisble on these occasions and should be dispensed with at the earliest opportunity.

Think club should consider not including Aberdeen games in South Stand season ticket package in future - there were so few in Eastern half on Saturday that they could easily have been accommodated elsewhere.

And while it was right there was pay at gate on Saturday, as Bovril says problems could have been alleviated by selling tickets in advance too, if Aberdeen were not playing ball (disgraceful if this is true as claimed btw) Hibs should have sold tickets directly to Dons fans as they do now for OF games.

In summary Hibs made a complete mess of things and there is plenty of lessons for them to learn in future.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

hibsbollah
02-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Some pictures here of massive queue of sheep at 3.05pm
http://www.afc-chat.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25834

be interesting to see if other clubs' fans have a similar view of ER.

Joe Baker II
02-11-2009, 11:58 AM

Aberdeen game is unique in many ways as they normally take a decent support but not enough to always sell out an end behind the goal and therefore different arrangements are required for this particular fixture - which is where Hibs proved to be lacking in sufficient thought in advance.

The answer to your question is likely to be that there have not been problems - but that would certainly not mean Hibs were not at fault on Saturday.

hibsbollah
02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Aberdeen game is unique in many ways as they take a decent support but not enough to always sell out an end behind the goal and therefore different arrnagements are required which is where Hibs have proved to be lacking. The answer to your question is likely to be that there hav enot been problems but that would not mean Hibs were not at fault.

There is reference on that site to Dundee Utd fans having the same problems recently, although that could just be hot air:confused:

GreenPJ
02-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Another factor was the amount of change being given out.
I think admission was £21 or £22 . Think of the number of change of two twenty notes required.

A couple of correct money/no change given turnstiles would speed things up.

Alternatively charge £20 and hope to encourage a few more people to turn up and get them in quicker :wink:

Phil MaGlass
02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
There is reference on that site to Dundee Utd fans having the same problems recently, although that could just be hot air:confused:

from what I gather D.Utd fans did have problems getting in aswell, as was mentioned on another thread there were not alot of them in the stadium before KO but 10 mins or so in and they had a decent support,seems an occurring problem that has to be fixed.It may cost the club a few quid in the long run.

Joe Baker II
02-11-2009, 04:30 PM

I missed that game but heard united brought better than normal support. If true even bigger indictment of Hibs arrangements on Saturday if they did not learn any lessons. Really needs sorted as the extra costs (if any) will be exceeded by cost of supporters who either gave up trying to get in on Saturday (though think they maanged to get into areas for Hibs fans) and those who are deterred from coming in future.

Winston Ingram
02-11-2009, 04:34 PM

Already posted on the prev page mate:agree:

hibsbollah
02-11-2009, 05:49 PM
Already posted on the prev page mate:agree:

I should really read the whole thread:hide:

Hibs90
02-11-2009, 06:55 PM

He also said there was 3500 Aberdeen fans in the stadium and they were another 1500 outside the ground. :faf:

Hibby K
02-11-2009, 07:06 PM
How did we ever manage in the 50's, 60's and early 70's when crowds between 25,000 and 40,000 were commonplace? Most of the fans went through cash gates, match tickets were almost unheard of, fans went to the pub beforehand and a local police sergeant was in charge of crowd control - isn't progress wonderful?

Now if ER could hold the record crowd of 65,000+ for a local derby you'd spend two days in a queue at the ticket office to buy your ticket and have to take a further week off your work to join the queue to get through the turnstiles into the game!

Is this a sign of what's to come when your new season ticket swipe card arrives?

blackhibee
02-11-2009, 10:52 PM
:top marks
How did we ever manage in the 50's, 60's and early 70's when crowds between 25,000 and 40,000 were commonplace? Most of the fans went through cash gates, match tickets were almost unheard of, fans went to the pub beforehand and a local police sergeant was in charge of crowd control - isn't progress wonderful?

Now if ER could hold the record crowd of 65,000+ for a local derby you'd spend two days in a queue at the ticket office to buy your ticket and have to take a further week off your work to join the queue to get through the turnstiles into the game!

Is this a sign of what's to come when your new season ticket swipe card arrives?

Joe Baker II
03-11-2009, 09:38 AM
He also said there was 3500 Aberdeen fans in the stadium and they were another 1500 outside the ground. :faf:

He may have a point of sorts though altohugh numbers quoted are exaggerated, undertstand a lot of Aberdeen fans entered the other areas of ER and others did not get in.

Joe Baker II
03-11-2009, 09:42 AM

Excellent post which well sums up the total incompetence of Hibs on this issue. There were queues then too, but rarely the unbelievable ineptitude one sees now when numbers involved are much less.

Think factor that helped was that stewards then were employed by club directly and generally did not have the stupidity of the average steward employed by security firms. But that is another indictment of the Hibs Board.

Antifa Hibs
03-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Whoever said Aberdeen usually take 3k to us is talking bollocks. They havn't brought that much, or close to that infact in the last 5-10 years.

These things happen from time to time, Aberdeens support at ours the past good few times has been poor, 1200 odd on average i'd say and with their team being ****** I can see why everyone involved thought it would be a good idea to just have PATG. Unfortunately 1900 turned up probably making a day of it, being hallowen etc.

There was four 4 turnstiles open, but as far as i'm aware, if the south is like the north is that there is 2 for the upper, then 2 for the lower, then another 2 for each tier at the opposite end, but as there was Hibs fan in that half of the stand they couldn't be used.

Anyway, after reading the aberdeen mad board Hibs offered Aberdeen tickets but Aberdeen refused, so **** them all.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Whoever said Aberdeen usually take 3k to us is talking bollocks. They havn't brought that much, or close to that infact in the last 5-10 years.

These things happen from time to time, Aberdeens support at ours the past good few times has been poor, 1200 odd on average i'd say and with their team being ****** I can see why everyone involved thought it would be a good idea to just have PATG. Unfortunately 1900 turned up probably making a day of it, being hallowen etc.

There was four 4 turnstiles open, but as far as i'm aware, if the south is like the north is that there is 2 for the upper, then 2 for the lower, then another 2 for each tier at the opposite end, but as there was Hibs fan in that half of the stand they couldn't be used.

Anyway, after reading the aberdeen mad board Hibs offered Aberdeen tickets but Aberdeen refused, so **** them all.

If true, this exonerates hibs from any blame.:top marks

Antifa Hibs
03-11-2009, 10:16 AM
If true, this exonerates hibs from any blame.:top marks

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124039955

third last post

After e-mailing Hibs and Aberdeen I have received a reply from Hibs... I'm not posting the whole reply as it contains personal details but here's a couple of quotes.

"All available turnstiles were open for pay at the gate following agreement with Aberdeen FC. Despite being offered the opportunity by Hibernian, Aberdeen FC did not want to sell tickets in advance of the game.

A combination of the cash gates plus a late walk-up support resulted in queuing. Stewarding staff processed entry for the Aberdeen support as quickly as possible, and the majority of Aberdeen supporters gained access to the stadium by 3.15pm."

"The Club apologises to you and any supporter that experienced a delay in entering the stadium, and can confirm that future matches versus Aberdeen will be all-ticket for the visiting support."

Leithenhibby
03-11-2009, 10:21 AM

I recall when Celtic came to ER to clinch the title (8th in a row, i think) in the 70's and the queues were away down st clair st, now I would put my house on it that they never all make KO :greengrin

Also the Scottish cup final, 106,000 fans and I know for fact that they didn't all make KO, as I was one of them as a wee boy..:wink: I do take your point, but I'm not going to agree with it.

The future is bright..........:agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 10:32 AM
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124039955

third last post

There are a lot of people who have a little egg on their face now.:greengrin I wonder if we will see an apology from them?:greengrin

seamus88
03-11-2009, 10:37 AM
no, the away fans at ER are never kept in. they are allowed out first and barriers are put up on albion terrace, just like when the OF and hearts are playing.

i know of a few dons that didnt get into the ground til half time then were told there wasnt any seats left in the upper tier, so they asked to be moved to lower tier, security boy said no so they stood on the stairs. dont think hibs were prepared for so many away fans.
yes they were kept in, told over the tannoy

hibsbollah
03-11-2009, 10:38 AM
There are a lot of people who have a little egg on their face now.:greengrin I wonder if we will see an apology from them?:greengrin

Even if Hibs did offer Aberdeen an advance sale of tickets and were turned down, it would have been sensible of the club to ensure there were enough turnstiles open and manned to avoid fans being turned away, from a financial as well as a fairness point of view.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Even if Hibs did offer Aberdeen an advance sale of tickets and were turned down, it would have been sensible of the club to ensure there were enough turnstiles open and manned to avoid fans being turned away, from a financial as well as a fairness point of view.

We only have 8 turnstyles at the away end, 4 were used for us, and 4 for them. I'd say refusing the tickets was aberdeens fault their fans did not get in on time.

Golden Bear
03-11-2009, 10:45 AM

:agree:

And Hibs PR machine should kick in and publicise the fact that advance tickets were offered but turned down by Aberdeen.

I've lost a lot of respect for Aberdeen FC because of their post match conduct and I think it's about time that Hibs defended themselves and their players in an official capacity.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 10:49 AM

There was enough gates open for them. Hearts celtic and rangers all manage to get their fans in on time, and they bring double the amount the dons brought. They manage this, because the games are all ticket. Aberdeen refused to sell tickets for saturdays game, what more could Hibs have done?

anon1
03-11-2009, 11:06 AM
This 'cash gate' is the least that inbred mob deserve anyway..

Joe Baker II
04-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Quote from Hibs does not exonerate them in the slightest as some seem to be suggesting, they could have sold tickets to Aberdeen fans directly (am mystifeid why Aberdeen's attitude was so intrasigient I do have to say) while still having cash gates had they chosen too.

Antifa - Aberdeen have often brought a biggish support (in excess of 2000) in last 10 years even when they have been poor, it was only after Hibs's absurd decision to limit their allocation (and as a result make these games all ticket) in 2006 that they have struggled to bring 1,500. And if Hibs are now making future Aberdeen games all ticket as message seems to imply this is a retrograde step, having cash gates but also selling tickets in advance is the way forward here.

Keith_M
04-11-2009, 03:13 PM
...having cash gates but also selling tickets in advance is the way forward here.

And surely finding some way of encouraging fans to arrive a bit earlier as well?

I'm not just talking about the Aberdeen fans here, I mean EVERY fan.

It just seems to be the culture in Scotland that at least half the fans stay in the pub as late as they can to get a few more beers down their necks instead of arriving at the stadium in enough time. There's going to be quite a few people who arrive late for genuine reasons and they've got NO chance of getting in on time because of the persistent late-comers.

I'm going to be honest here and say that no, I don't know what the answer is to that. Maybe the club could print something in the programmes and on the website to encourage early arrival and/or fans group could have some campaign about it.