PDA

View Full Version : bamba

forthhibby
31-10-2009, 07:05 PM
excellent again today, his decision making is improving every games and doesn't dive in now when he's no chance of getting the ball, didn't think he put a foot wrong today

Hibs Class
31-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Agree - he coped better with Miller's tactics than he did a couple of weeks back against the same in Kevin Kyle - shows that he's still learning.

Wotherspiniesta
31-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I wonder what 7hero thought of his performance today :cool2:

Richard Scott
31-10-2009, 07:12 PM
I wonder what Allardyce/Wenger thought? He seems more interested in engineering a move away from Hibs as soon as he possibly can, never mind contributing to something. i'm not being pessimistic, nor am I judging him, that's twice now he's opened his mouth publicly stating he wants to move to Blackburn/Arsenal. He needs to keep his mouth shut and do his talking on the pitch and show some respect to his employers.

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 07:35 PM
That was the best I've seen him play today. Only made one slack pass all game and lost one header IIRC.

I think we'll probably get something like 2/3 million for him when he does go.

Mike777
31-10-2009, 07:43 PM
That was the best I've seen him play today. Only made one slack pass all game and lost one header IIRC.

What do dunfermline get? also let's hope he has a good world cup while still with us.

Craig_in_Prague
31-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Bamba :top marks

7Hero
31-10-2009, 08:33 PM
im surely not the only poster here who doesnt think bamba is god.

i find it hilarious that so many people cant see his flaws and think he can play in the premiership, also i think his " ive been approached by blackburn / liverpool " chat highly insulting...

again today he had some ridiculously timed headers, they nearly scored when he let the ball go over his head and his passing was once again pretty suspect at best.

ill take the dude for aberdeen that got man of the match or even darren barr over him in a minute,

is it because he wears armbands, is that why all the folk on here love him..

Cool_Hand_Luke
31-10-2009, 08:39 PM

i find it hilarious that so many people cant see his flaws and think he can play in the premiership, also i think his " ive been approached by blackburn / liverpool " chat highly insulting...

again today he had some ridiculously timed headers, they nearly scored when he let the ball go over his head and his passing was once again pretty suspect at best.

ill take the dude for aberdeen that got man of the match or even darren barr over him in a minute,

Worst player on the park today by a mile :agree:

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2009, 08:40 PM
A superb display, from a superb player. The best centre half in Scotland.:thumbsup:

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 08:42 PM

Did you watch the game today?

He was brilliant, won everything that went near him with the exception of one header. Wasn't going over people's backs as he's done in previous games. His challenges were all perfectly timed and dominated in the air as usual. His passing was spot on and only had one stray pass all game.

Please tell me that's not their big huddy CH who got booked? The boy who kicked the ball out of play about 3 times when trying to play a ball down the line.

Mibbes Aye
31-10-2009, 08:43 PM

I agree. They look foolish outwith the swimming pool :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
31-10-2009, 08:45 PM

Doubt it, he only has one year on his contract after the end of this season. Between that and the sell on to Dunfermline they may be as well keeping him.

A superb display, from a superb player. The best centre half in Scotland.:thumbsup:

Him, Goncalves and Bougherra are the only centre halves in the SPL capable of playing in the top league in England. Well, properly that is. I suppose if someone wants to humour the rest of the league they could sign Caldwell.

:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
31-10-2009, 08:48 PM

I really don't see your problem with Bamba.

He's athletic, quick, strong, wins his fair share of headers and commited in the tackle. Yes, he has made some mistakes, but he is cutting down on them.

Yes, he has made some comments about being approached by Premiership teams. Big deal? He should be aiming for the top because he has the potential to make it in the prem IMHO and as long as he keeps putting in commited performances, like he has been doing all season, then he will probably get his move.

So there we have it. A young, athletic, commited, talented centre back playing for arguably the best country in Africa and with ambition to make it it to the top of the game.

Bamba is a great player IMO.

And he wears wristbands, not armbands :greengrin

scotty1875
31-10-2009, 08:57 PM
...that's twice now he's opened his mouth publicly stating he wants to move to Blackburn/Arsenal. He needs to keep his mouth shut and do his talking on the pitch and show some respect to his employers.

Didn't read the articles about Bamba mouthing off - totally agree with you if that is what he is saying to the press :agree:

Thought he had a solid game again today.

I already have more confidence in Bamba than I did with Rob Jones (with the exception of headed clearances obviously). If Bamba gets caught out, 9 times out of ten he recovers and retrieves the ball / sees the ball out to safety.

I think he is a player who could be replaced if the money was right at the end of the season. I don't think he should be sold in the January sales though.

greenlex
31-10-2009, 11:08 PM

He was brilliant, won everything that went near him with the exception of one header. Wasn't going over people's backs as he's done in previous games. His challenges were all perfectly timed and dominated in the air as usual. His passing was spot on and only had one stray pass all game.

Please tell me that's not their big huddy CH who got booked? The boy who kicked the ball out of play about 3 times when trying to play a ball down the line.
I think it is. Stevie Cowan gave him MOTM on the radio going home. I almost crashed the car!!!!!!

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 11:20 PM
I think it is. Stevie Cowan gave him MOTM on the radio going home. I almost crashed the car!!!!!!

:faf:

Can't believe that anyone would take him over Bamba, or give him MOTM considering the performance by a few of our players.

ronaldo7
31-10-2009, 11:22 PM

That'll be the dude who's distribution is as good as the royal mail's at the moment.

Did you see the passes out the park from "your dude"?

Big Sol everytime for me DUDE:wink:

fife hfc
01-11-2009, 12:20 AM

Only three times:confused::greengrin Every pass he tried endangered those sitting in the west stand. Strong player who can win the ball and kick it out of play.

Woody1985
01-11-2009, 12:22 AM
[/B]

Only three times:confused::greengrin Every pass he tried endangered those sitting in the west stand. Strong player who can win the ball and kick it out of play.

I only remembered 3 or so. I remember thinking how ***** his distribution was and how can he be getting paid to play football when he canny chip a ball down the wing and keep it in play.

el capitano
01-11-2009, 12:48 AM
was impressed with him today, he looked world class at times

Hibs90
01-11-2009, 10:26 AM
I wonder what 7hero thought of his performance today :cool2:

He was at Fir Park. :wink: