PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

hibee_boy
31-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Stack - 6. Didnt have much to do, failed to come and clear on occasion when Aberdeen were in our box.

Murray - 9. Didnt put a foot wrong, lead by example and has a beauty of a tackle.

Hogg - 6. Not his best game.

Bamba - 8. Solid at the back as per usual.

Wotherspoon - 7. Looks good going forward and put a fair few crosses into the box.

Miller - 7. Some nice touches.

Zemamma - 6. Didnt last long, but looked like he was up for it when he was on. I pray hes back for the derby, I think the problem today was our lack of creativity in the middle of the park.

McBride - 7. Works hard. Nothing spectacular but the team will benifit greatly from him.

Riordan - 6. Poor game by his standards. Loves to try the long range efforts, and why not with his skill. Unfortuantly they didnt come off today.

Stokes - 7. Should have done better wneh clear on goal, but looked up for it and had some nice touches.

Benji - 7. 1st half he was playing some nice balls forward and holding the ball up well. Faded in the 2nd half and should have maybe been subbed before he was.

Subs

Byrne - 7. Liked the look of him when he came on.

Nish - 7. Took his goal well. Cant ask for much more.

Rankin - 6. good with the ball at his feet, but a few miss-fired shots.

hibbybrian
31-10-2009, 06:30 PM

pretty much agree with the other comments but I thought Hogg played better today than in some recent performances :cool2:

Row H
31-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Stack - 6. Didnt have much to do, failed to come and clear on occasion when Aberdeen were in our box.

Murray - 9. Didnt put a foot wrong, lead by example and has a beauty of a tackle.

Wotherspoon - 7. Looks good going forward and put a fair few crosses into the box.

Zemamma - 6. Didnt last long, but looked like he was up for it when he was on. I pray hes back for the derby, I think the problem today was our lack of creativity in the middle of the park.

McBride - 7. Works hard. Nothing spectacular but the team will benifit greatly from him.

Riordan - 6. Poor game by his standards. Loves to try the long range efforts, and why not with his skill. Unfortuantly they didnt come off today.

Stokes - 7. Should have done better wneh clear on goal, but looked up for it and had some nice touches.

Benji - 7. 1st half he was playing some nice balls forward and holding the ball up well. Faded in the 2nd half and should have maybe been subbed before he was.

Subs

Outstanding, breaking up their player between our defence and midfield. Well played Sol! :top marks

RoYO!
31-10-2009, 06:33 PM
pretty much agree with the other comments but I thought Hogg played better today than in some recent performances :cool2:

:agree: thought he played well, dont recall him putting a foot wrong.

Prof. Shaggy
31-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Nish 10

That's all.

biggie1875
31-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Stack - 8. thought he was solid today
Murray - 9. my m o m

Hogg - 6. not the best today
Bamba - 8. .again solid

Wotherspoon - 7. good second half
Miller -6.5 good at times
zemamma - 6. .

McBride - 7.done what was asked
Riordan - 6.never came of for him today

Stokes - 7.ok should have had a dig fom half way
Benji - 7. like riordan never happened for him
Subs

Byrne - 7. .good touches

Nish - 7. .good to see him get goal

Rankin - 6. not much time
http://www.hibs.net/message/images/statusicon/user_online.gif http://www.hibs.net/message/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/report.php?p=2225339)

Johnny_Leith
31-10-2009, 06:41 PM
I would give Stack more than a 6. He was good with the ball at his feet and was very sharp to clear when Maguire was through on goal after a Bamba mistake. I felt very assured with Stack in goals.

Nish was very good when he came on and had a goal to top it off. He held the ball up very well and gave us a different dimension up front.

Hogg was much better than of late and Miller never got a sniff.

Finally, after our Miller had scored it was a great celebration, really showed the team spirit I felt:thumbsup:

Oh, and I thought that Aberdeen with 11 men didn't look too bad and Fyvie looks a good prospect. I think that they could be up there or thereabouts for 3rd at the end of the season.

Chuckie
31-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Nish was my man of the match..

Golden Bear
31-10-2009, 07:27 PM
I would give Stack more than a 6. He was good with the ball at his feet and was very sharp to clear when Maguire was through on goal after a Bamba mistake. I felt very assured with Stack in goals.
Nish was very good when he came on and had a goal to top it off. He held the ball up very well and gave us a different dimension up front.

Finally, after our Miller had scored it was a great celebration, really showed the team spirit I felt:thumbsup:

Oh, and I thought that Aberdeen with 11 men didn't look too bad and Fyvie looks a good prospect. I think that they could be up there or thereabouts for 3rd at the end of the season.

:agree:

Totally agree.

jgl07
31-10-2009, 07:55 PM

You have got to be jesting.

They need a goalscorer.

They have less goals than Hearts

truehibernian
31-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Bamba was head and shoulders (literally) above anyone in the Hibs team today. Superb performance from the big man. Word for Stack as well today, as there were more than a few heavy backpasses given to him and he handled each one showing calm and composure. Riordan and Stokes plugged away today but the frontline was top heavy most of the second half with a lack of movement and incisiveness. Miller and McBride were consistent. Would be interesting to see young Galbraith come in and let Riordan and Stokes form a frontline partnership. Derek is not a winger and all too often today he was being required to cut inside due to lack of pace to get by the Aberdeen full back. Riordan for me is better being that player who darts between central defenders or runs onto a pass from the midfield. Good good 3 points today and the crowd were superb second half :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
31-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Nish 10

That's all.

I was calling on him to brought on and the guys who sit in front of me laughed.......

No worries, I forgive you all:wink:

fife hfc
31-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I thought bamba was man of the match today and was out standing. I felt Yogi had too many forwards on today and we lost something in midfield as Aberdeen tried to stifle and bully us in this area. Overall we got a win and thats what counts.

stack 7 solid game, not much to do but good with ball at feet

Wotherspoon 7 shocked that he was taken off as was given us the width we needed. defended well and got forward.

murray 9 great game very solid in defence (tackle on fyvie was immense it was a shame the laddie got injured) Also tried to drive us on when going for the winner.

Bamba 9 Brilliant! Anybody who thinks he is a bombscare is an:asshole:

Hogg 8 played well today and defended intelligently for once.

Mcbride 7 him and miller dug in today against a very physical Dons midfield but skill won out in the end.

Miller 7 As above and great to see him shooting as I feel he too often looks to pass

Riordan 6 quiet game and should have been put through the middle when Dons down to nine men. But was dangerous when on the ball.

zemmama 2 not on long enough but if he dived then how did he get injured.

Stokes 7 had a number of excellent chances and showed have scored. still worked his socks off to get the chances.

Benji 6 some nice touches but found the over physical Dons hard to breakdown.

SUBS
Byrne 8 I felt he was our best attacker today and surprised me with his play.

Nish 7 moaned when he came on as I felt we had to many forwards and nobody to supply the ammunition but he proved me wrong with a great header.

--------
31-10-2009, 09:17 PM

Well organised to kick us off the park, yes.

I like Graham Stack more and more - he and Bamba and Hogg seem to be forging a real understanding at the back. Bamba was excellent today, IMO - some great tackles and good headers, covered a lot of ground across the back. Hogg looked much more solid and assured - I was very ssed with him. Ian was immense - he seemed to be all over the place, and some of his tackling was superb. (The one on Fyvie WAS NOT a foul, btw - needs to be said loud and often - the assistant ref was standing 5 yards away and had a perfect view.)

Wotherspoon had a decent game, I thought, as did McBride, but I've seen them both play better. Miller was good, but I thought wee Zouma looked a touch out of sorts before he was subbed. Benji was out of sorts, and Stokes wasted good chances, as did Deek. Still pleasantly impressed by the way Deek fights foir the ball and chases back. Young Curtis looked rather impressive, too - I thought he played well. So did Colin Nish - he played as well as I've seen him play in the time he was on. John Rankin didn't really gtet that long to impress - and it looked to me as if he'd been issued with a pair of Rob Jones's old shorts; there's not much of wee John, and there was a heck of a lot of white material billowing around his nether regions....

I thought the team as a whole was out of sorts, possibly because of the physical way Aberdeen assaulted the game from the start, possibly because this game came between a decent result at Ibrox and an away game against Hearts. But they did show a lot of character in keeping going (in spite of a lot of edginess coming from the supporters) and getting the goals at the death. I was also impressed with Stack's late, excellent save from MacDonald.

I'd give them 7/10 as a team (but only because we won in the end), with Bamba, Murray, Hogg and Stack earning 8. MoM - Ian Murray.

Thought the team showed

--------
31-10-2009, 09:21 PM
I was calling on him to brought on and the guys who sit in front of me laughed.......

No worries, I forgive you all:wink:

I said that at half-time (I have a witness who shall be called forward if anyone doubts me) - hook Stokes and put on CN. Stokes maybe needs to get his feet more firmly on the ground - he's in the team to score goals, and if he doesn't do that, we have Colin and Curtis to come on to see what THEY can do.

Edit - I'd have hooked Stokes rather than Benji - Stokes and Deek tend at times to play to and off one anther, ignoring Benji even when Benji's in the better position.

Jones28
31-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Stack - 6 - What he did, he did well, good decision making

Spooney - 7 - Got forward as much as poss

Hogg - 6 - Not his best, but certainly did not deserve the laughter when announced for MOTM

Bamba - 8 - Outstanding

Murray - 10 - MOTM

Riordan - 7 - Again, not his best

McBride & Millar - 8 - Both of them outstanding

Byrne - 6 - Lacking confidence, poor touches

Benji - 7 - Average for Benji

Stokes - 7 - Same as benji

Big90inOz
01-11-2009, 02:42 AM
Good over all performance for me except...... We really struggle to get behind the full backs especially on the left side. I can remember Deek once in the first half and once in the second half taking on the full back on the outside, he cuts inside to often which leaves him way short of options if space doesn't open up for him. Cutting inside and crossing will rarely produce a better cross than getting behind the full back and crossing from the bye line. Also cutting inside allows the centre half to hold his position , a player who can get beyond the fullback will always drag a centre half away from the centre.

For me the form forward at the moment is Benji, he needs to see more of the ball.

Cue Deek to score a hat trick next week fom wide left :greengrin

IWasThere2016
01-11-2009, 06:56 AM
I thought bamba was man of the match today and was out standing. I felt Yogi had too many forwards on today and we lost something in midfield as Aberdeen tried to stifle and bully us in this area. Overall we got a win and thats what counts.

stack 7 solid game, not much to do but good with ball at feet

Wotherspoon 7 shocked that he was taken off as was given us the width we needed. defended well and got forward.

murray 9 great game very solid in defence (tackle on fyvie was immense it was a shame the laddie got injured) Also tried to drive us on when going for the winner.

Bamba 9 Brilliant! Anybody who thinks he is a bombscare is an:asshole:

Hogg 8 played well today and defended intelligently for once.

Mcbride 7 him and miller dug in today against a very physical Dons midfield but skill won out in the end.

Miller 7 As above and great to see him shooting as I feel he too often looks to pass

Riordan 6 quiet game and should have been put through the middle when Dons down to nine men. But was dangerous when on the ball.

zemmama 2 not on long enough but if he dived then how did he get injured.

Stokes 7 had a number of excellent chances and showed have scored. still worked his socks off to get the chances.

Benji 6 some nice touches but found the over physical Dons hard to breakdown.

SUBS
Byrne 8 I felt he was our best attacker today and surprised me with his play.

Nish 7 moaned when he came on as I felt we had to many forwards and nobody to supply the ammunition but he proved me wrong with a great header.

Spot on for me

sunshine1875
01-11-2009, 07:46 AM
CalgaryHibs - :top marksreliable as ever, though could do with starting earlier:greengrin

Subs