PDA

View Full Version : Take away Zemmama....

Broken Gnome
31-10-2009, 06:04 PM
...then you take away any real pace this side has (apart from the odd fringe player like Galbriath).

When you sit second and have your ambitions heightened, nit picking becomes annoyingly unavoidable :agree:

col02
31-10-2009, 06:05 PM
All the more reason Wotherspoon should have perhaps been pushed up into midfield maybe?

SRHibs
31-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Why was Zemmama withdrawn?
IIRC he got a booking for simulation at the same time as going off?:confused:

Surely it was an undeserved yellow card if he was in fact injured. =/

shamo9
31-10-2009, 06:07 PM
...then you take away any real pace this side has (apart from the odd fringe player like Galbriath).

When you sit second and have your ambitions heightened, nit picking becomes annoyingly unavoidable :agree:

Stokes has pace, it's just his touch that's erratic. I think bringing on Bryne really hurt us today. It was the wrong substitution to make, he's an out-and-out centre forward trying to play right wing. Yogi should've either pushed Wotherspoon up or put on Galbraith and swapped Riordan around.

Broken Gnome
31-10-2009, 06:08 PM
All the more reason Wotherspoon should have perhaps been pushed up into midfield maybe?

I looked fairly stupid in saying that Yogi might have regretted bringing Byrne on, minutes before he set up the first. That said I'm not sure why he took Wotherspoon off, just as he was beginning to find space and put in good crosses.

shamo9
31-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Why was Zemmama withdrawn?
IIRC he got a booking for simulation at the same time as going off?:confused:

Injured. He was struggling for a good five minutes after he overstretched for a pass. Pulled muscle I think:boo hoo:

brythehibby
31-10-2009, 06:09 PM

Couldn't understand why he went off for hogg to go rb? Why didn't we just put the lad in midfield where he plays? But I agree take away zemamma
we become very one paced with very little creativity.

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I was right in line for a perfect view of the Zemmama booking. He touched the ball to the side of the man and fell over expecting the contact.

I think he probably deserved the yellow. He might have got to the ball so should have stayed on his feet.

Broken Gnome
31-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Stokes has pace, it's just his touch that's erratic. I think bringing on Bryne really hurt us today. It was the wrong substitution to make, he's an out-and-out centre forward trying to play right wing. Yogi should've either pushed Wotherspoon up or put on Galbraith and swapped Riordan around.

Stokes has decent pace, not the sort that a reasonably quick defender wouldn't be able to cope with. It's more that without Zemmama, the speed of thought allied with actual pace from the creative areas wasn't really there today. Yes we have Stokes, Riordan, Nish and Benji all capable of winning games, but maybe despite the numbers it still won't take a great deal to knock us out of our stride.

As a disclaimer - yes I know we won, but all week has been about whether any team could challenge the Old Firm. If today showed anything to suggest Hibs could, then it cast doubt in equal measure.

hibsboy90
31-10-2009, 06:12 PM

Galbraith wasn't even on the bench which was a suprise. Thought the change would have been for Wotherspoon to be pushed forward and get maybe murray to fill right back. McCormack wasnt on the bench either.

euro Hibby
31-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Kutis bryne did fine and I believe actually played midfield many times for the under 19's. That said I was surprised he got on but feel maybe Yogi is trying to rotate the subs to keep them interested. Without Zemmena we do loose the cutting edge but we stuck well to the task and with over 18 efforts on goal we derved to grind out the result agaisnt a very negative Aberdeen even when with 11 players.

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 06:16 PM
We're holding onto the ball pretty well and getting it out wide a lot but we don't have anyone to stick their heads on the crosses unless Nish is on.

I think despite all our stike force we need to be a little more direct.

500miles
31-10-2009, 06:20 PM
We really should have moved Wotherspoon into Zouma's position, and brought on McCormack for right back. However, we deserved the win all day, and Aberdeen are a bunch of hammerthrowers. Galbraith could have taken up that role too.

So there's two players who can take that role when Zemmama's out. That's fair depth if we get a right back/ McCann fit.

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 06:22 PM
We really should have moved Wotherspoon into Zouma's position, and brought on McCormack for right back. However, we deserved the win all day, and Aberdeen are a bunch of hammerthrowers. Galbraith could have taken up that role too.

So there's two players who can take that role when Zemmama's out. That's fair depth if we get a right back/ McCann fit.

Someone's said that McCormack wasn't on the bench.

I think he just wanted to keep Wotherspoon in there as the defence were keeping the ball well and didn't need to upset it.

Bamba was immense today. Best game I've seen him have for Hibs.

500miles
I think despite all our stike force we need to be a little more direct.

We looked like knocking the ball about all day at times, but as soon as we made the advance, the Aberdeen cloggers went to work.

Nish gives us the option to go direct and mix it up a bit.

sahib
I was right in line for a perfect view of the Zemmama booking. He touched the ball to the side of the man and fell over expecting the contact.

I think he probably deserved the yellow. He might have got to the ball so should have stayed on his feet.

The guy stuck his big leg out and clearly impeded Zoomer. I don't know if he could have stayed on his feet but the guy was beaten and did not attempt to go for the ball.

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 06:27 PM
The guy stuck his big leg out and clearly impeded Zoomer. I don't know if he could have stayed on his feet but the guy was beaten and did not attempt to go for the ball.

Was it his right leg he caught him with because I never seen him catch him with with the left as it would have come across him from the angle I seen it from.

archiebald
31-10-2009, 06:35 PM
We win with no zemmama and people still MOAN ! GET A GRIP :grr:

Broken Gnome
31-10-2009, 06:49 PM
We win with no zemmama and people still MOAN ! GET A GRIP :grr:

See my post above. It's not moaning in the slightest - today was a great result and exactly the type of gritty performance that is usually a hallmark of a team that finishes 3rd. Not everyone is talking about JUST 3rd now, so Hibs need to be examined a bit more thoroughly to see if we really can meet peoples expectations or aspirations.

Jscully
31-10-2009, 07:37 PM
When he tryed to miss the tackle so he didnt get hurt he landed quite wrong

ancient hibee
31-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Zemmamma dived and was rightly booked.It was stupid because he was in control of the ball.

scoopyboy
31-10-2009, 07:46 PM

Galbraith picked up a knock during training hence his omission.

Big_D
31-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Zemmamma dived and was rightly booked.It was stupid because he was in control of the ball.

Very true , i hate diving and don't condone our own players doing it

Cropley10
31-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Don't know why but I always thought we would score today. A great feeling to see the ball finally nestling in the back of the net.:greengrin

As for the OP - Zemmama isn't going to terrorise teams like he did in the first half against the Arabs every week. We plugged away without him. For me Deek and Stokes had very average games, that's more of a concern than the withdrawal of our #7.

archiebald
31-10-2009, 10:33 PM
When do you say we get examined, when we get beat and you can moan ! :agree:

hibbymac
31-10-2009, 11:49 PM
When do you say we get examined, when we get beat and you can moan ! :agree:

:confused:

sahib
01-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Was it his right leg he caught him with because I never seen him catch him with with the left as it would have come across him from the angle I seen it from.

I think it was his left. My impression was Z. pushed the ball to his right and passed the guy. The defender stuck out his left leg too late and Z. fell (gently rolled:greengrin) forward almost over his thigh/hip.

TheBall'sRound
01-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Bizarre decision to bring on Byrne especially when, on realising Zouma was injured, Hughes sent Rankin, Stevenson and Cregg out to warm up. Then chooses to put on the boy still sat on the bench?? Did I miss something here?

I agree with some of the earlier points. I quite liked the back four that finished the game at Ibrox and would have liked to see Stevenson come on for Zouma and shunt the defence over by one place pushing Wotherspoon into the midfield.

Thought we looked better with an additional midfielder rather than a striker when Rankin came on too.

joe breezy
01-11-2009, 09:49 AM
For Hibs to finish 2nd we would have to be very consistent, not get any injuries and for things to go very badly at Ibrox, such as them still having no buyer January and having a mass fire sale.

Aberdeen don't concede many and got a 0-0 at Ibrox so it seems to be a tactic of theirs.
There is quite a bit of luck in football too.

I hope we can ensure we are well covered for our African players come January.

archiebald
01-11-2009, 03:10 PM
What does it matter who went on,HUGHES is manager end off :greengrin