PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen moaning about the ref (merged)

Sloppy
31-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Aberdeen manager Mark McGhee:
"The referee was sent two players off in a game where there was not a bad tackle.
"Maurice was clumsy and I did not think it was necessary to send him off while Chris did intend doing any damage.
"I thought the tackle that injured Fraser Fyvie was worse and I think the ref will cringe when he sees it on TV. It was over-robust.
"I am very proud of my team. Ultimately, we have lost the game because we have had players sent off."

:grr::grr:

Ravelston Hibby
31-10-2009, 05:57 PM
"The referee was sent two players off in a game where there was not a bad tackle.
"Maurice was clumsy and I did not think it was necessary to send him off while Chris did intend doing any damage.
"I thought the tackle that injured Fraser Fyvie was worse and I think the ref will cringe when he sees it on TV. It was over-robust.
"I am very proud of my team. Ultimately, we have lost the game because we have had players sent off."

:boo hoo::boo hoo::bye:

shamo9
31-10-2009, 05:58 PM
They came with a game plan to stop us playing just like they did against Rangers at Ibrox. It didn't work this time, nae luck McGhee:wink:

Murray's tackle was also perfectly fair.

Westie1875
31-10-2009, 06:00 PM
:blah: Magoo is an erse, his team came with the aim of kicking us off the park and got what they deserved. Me thinks Magoo will be the one cringing when he sees the replay of Murray's tackle on Fyvie, nothing wrong with it. :bye:

Hibbie0762
31-10-2009, 06:11 PM
McGhee is a miserable, whining git. Always has been, always will be. The man is as incapable of losing with dignity as he is winning with any generosity, not that that happens too often. In fact, all in all he is perfectly qualified to be a Yams manager and will end up at the PBS one of these days.

He was happy enough to see his team dish it out today, and is now throwing his dolly out of the pram because they got it back from a Hibs team who refused to be bullied. The Sheep came to ER, as wee teams all too often do, to stop Hibs playing. They spent most of the first half fouling and breaking up the play. The only surprises are that (a) it took so long for the Ref to send one of the Sheep off; and (b) that the Ref then had the bottle to send another one off instead of the usual Hibs sending off to level things up.

So GIRUY McGhee - you got what you deserved today, nowt. Oh, and there was nothing wrong with Murray's tackle either.

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 06:14 PM
The Fyvie tackle was right in front of me and it was a perfect challenge. I actually thought the boy was time wasting. He was rolling around like a little bitch. If you're seriously hurt you don't roll around on your sore leg although I do think he was injured.

I thought they were quite dirty for a spell in the second half and tried to stop us getting up some momentum.

Row H
31-10-2009, 06:23 PM
McGhee is a sore loser, and is no doubt panicking that he will be sacked imminently after another typical Aberdeen performance i.e stuffy, turgid, boring and ultimately p!sh.

McHibby
31-10-2009, 06:23 PM
So, he declares that there wasn't a bad tackle in the game. Then goes on to talk about a bad tackle that injured his player.

Make your mind up, Mark. Either there were bad tackles or there weren't.

GhostofBolivar
31-10-2009, 06:25 PM
1st sending off - Goes through Riordan from behind in the first half; automatic yellow card. Goes through Murray from behind in the second half; automatic yellow card. Rank stupidity by Ross. What's the problem?

2nd sending off - I didn't have a good view of. I don't know what exactly happened. Maybe it was a straight red, maybe it was a yellow, maybe it was neither. I'll make my mind up when I see the highlights.

The Fyvie injury - I was in the south end of the West Stand. I had a very good view of Murray's challenge. It was hard, but fair. He played the ball. And it was right in front of the linesman. It's very unfortunate, but these things happen. It's a contact sport. Like Yogi said, Murray can't disappear up his own backside after he's played the ball. What's the problem?

Aberdeen had a number of players booked early doors. Regardless of whether or not they were deserved McGhee should have made sure his players kept the lid on it for the rest of the game. Especially after the first red card. He didn't, and they continued to make stupid challenges throughout the game. As far as I could tell, Aberdeen are a team of limited ability who set out to kick anyone who was better than them. McGhee has no-one to blame but himself.

Winston Ingram
31-10-2009, 06:26 PM
McGhee is a flange:agree:

We done it Dad
31-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Did anyone else see Yogi having words with McGhee after about 15 minutes?
He went straight into their technical area.

IWasThere2016
31-10-2009, 06:44 PM
McGhee's a complete tool :agree:

Broken Gnome
31-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Considering Maguire was already on a booking (rightly so) then a straight red indicates that at the very least he was guilty of two bookable offences.

He did start handing out yellows far too early though - easy to tell it was only his second SPL game.

lucky
31-10-2009, 07:14 PM
They came to stop Hibs with a defensive aggressive style. It was obvious one them would for the sheer levels of fouls they committed. The second sending off was deserved as he went over the ball with studs up.

Ian Murray did not foul the dons player and played the ball. I thought the boy was playing up but must landed awkward.

MM is a bawbag who is always moaning. I'm amazed the dons even took him after he whored himself for the Smeltic job

Viva_Palmeiras
31-10-2009, 07:23 PM
How Many teams - Aberdeen support included - has Mark McGhee hacked off?

Walked out on Motherwell at the 2nd earliest opportunity - would have done it sooner in different circumstances.

Joined the sheep under weird circumstances after his comment about the Celtc job.

Taunted the Yams with his will I/won't I position re. the vacant managers position.

Is he trying to cultivate a siege mentality out of his actions?

lapsedhibee
31-10-2009, 07:29 PM

Unbelievable how many fully grown fitba managers come out with this "there wiz nothing malicious in it so it wisnae a yellow/red". Cards are dished out for fouling, not for being serial killers, ya sheepie knob.

Part/Time Supporter
31-10-2009, 07:31 PM
The Fyvie tackle was right in front of me and it was a perfect challenge. I actually thought the boy was time wasting. He was rolling around like a little bitch. If you're seriously hurt you don't roll around on your sore leg although I do think he was injured.

I thought they were quite dirty for a spell in the second half and tried to stop us getting up some momentum.

Fyvie is a wee laddie who can't take a hard (but in this case fair) challenge. Sums up how crap Aberdeen are when they are pinning their hopes on a 16 year old laddie and are reduced to booting teams up and down the park.

Bishop Hibee
31-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Texted my brother at half time that a sending off was a certainty. The ref was a bit OTT at times but Aberdeen were over physical. Maurice Ross is a huddy and I've seen Hibs players sent off for the sort of challenge that Maguire did.

McGhoon is still greetin' after not getting the Celtc job.:violin::asshole:

Part/Time Supporter
31-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Texted my brother at half time that a sending off was a certainty. The ref was a bit OTT at times but Aberdeen were over physical. Maurice Ross is a huddy and I've seen Hibs players sent off for the sort of challenge that Maguire did.

McGhoon is still greetin' after not getting the Celtc job.:violin::asshole:

Huddle before the game

:faf:

Westie1875
31-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Huddle before the game

I'd forgotten about that :faf::faf:

lapsedhibee
31-10-2009, 08:31 PM
2nd sending off - I didn't have a good view of. I don't know what exactly happened. Maybe it was a straight red, maybe it was a yellow, maybe it was neither. I'll make my mind up when I see the highlights.

Showed it on SSN and said straight red. An ankle-breaking over-the-ball "tackle" - thoroughly deserved. Magoo slavering if he doesn't think there was much wrong with that.

Thegreenside
31-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Unbelievable how many fully grown fitba managers come out with this "there wiz nothing malicious in it so it wisnae a yellow/red". Cards are dished out for fouling, not for being serial killers, ya sheepie knob.

well said that man!:faf::top marks

Part/Time Supporter
31-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Showed it on SSN and said straight red. An ankle-breaking over-the-ball "tackle" - thoroughly deserved. Magoo slavering if he doesn't think there was much wrong with that.

He stamped on McBride's ankle. That's a sending off in ****ing rugby, never mind football.

--------
31-10-2009, 08:42 PM
1st sending off - Goes through Riordan from behind in the first half; automatic yellow card. Goes through Murray from behind in the second half; automatic yellow card. Rank stupidity by Ross. What's the problem?

The Fyvie injury - I was in the south end of the West Stand. I had a very good view of Murray's challenge. It was hard, but fair. He played the ball. And it was right in front of the linesman. It's very unfortunate, but these things happen. It's a contact sport. Like Yogi said, Murray can't disappear up his own backside after he's played the ball. What's the problem?

Aberdeen had a number of players booked early doors. Regardless of whether or not they were deserved McGhee should have made sure his players kept the lid on it for the rest of the game. Especially after the first red card. He didn't, and they continued to make stupid challenges throughout the game. As far as I could tell, Aberdeen are a team of limited ability who set out to kick anyone who was better than them. McGhee has no-one to blame but himself.

:agree: I said that the Aberdeen team looked like a bunch of Rugby players - they played like that too. Considine could have gone as well IMO.

Agree about the Fyvie injury. I was only convinced that he wasn't playing around when they brought out the stretcher - until then I thought he was simply trying to waste time and get IM sent off.

There was a thread earlier on about the McManus red card for the foul on Driver - Shades' name was mentioned. Now unless my marbles have completely deserted me, this tackle on Fyvie was EXACTLY the sort of thing Shades made his speciality. Go in hard, get the ball, and make sure the man stays down - all fair and according to the laws.

Fair took me back, it did. :devil:

Huddle before the game

Before the game was to keep our Graham from joining in.

I thought Aberdeen today were about as nasty, unpleasant and cynical a bunch of thugs as I've seen in a long, long, time. Refection of their manager's twisted character, I suppose.

Edit: According to the BBC, Maguire was sent off for stamping on Kevin McBride's foot and was shown a STRAIGHT RED.

I can't quite work out how there reporter can also say, "But the main talking point was the dismissal of the Aberdeen duo by referee Steven Nicholls, who was quick to flash the cards throughout a game that was never bad-tempered...."

Personally, I consider that after a slow start the referee came on to a very good game. I just wish Hibs had improved as much in the second half as the ref did.

Calvin
31-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Just seen Ross's second yellow and I thought that was very harsh.

forthhibby
31-10-2009, 09:14 PM
did anyone else think their tactics today were to try and rough the hibs team up, lost count the amount of late tackles and challenges, think mcghee was listening to yogi when he said as falkirk manager he always set up to get in about hibs.

Calvin
31-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Maguire's was a stonewall red. Disgraceful challenge - ankle breaker.

Broken Gnome
31-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Largely irrelevant, but Maguire's should really have been a yellow. The way he catches McBride looks bad, but it's not over the top or reckless in the way that those tackles usually are.

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2009, 09:27 PM
At the time i thought both sending off's were harsh, but now seeing them on the telly, i think the ref got them right.:agree:

Calvin
31-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Largely irrelevant, but Maguire's should really have been a yellow. The way he catches McBride looks bad, but it's not over the top or reckless in the way that those tackles usually are.

When you go straight in, studs first, nowhere near the ball it is surely a red card?

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2009, 09:30 PM
When you go straight in, studs first, nowhere near the ball it is surely a red card?

:agree:

Broken Gnome
31-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Hard to explain, just doesn't really like a red card challenge.

If Anthony Stokes had done that and received a straight red I'd wager you'd struggle to find one Hibby that could see the reasoning for a sending off.

johnbc70
31-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Just saw the Murray tackle on BBC Alba - great tackle and nothing wrong with it. McGee should come out admit it was a fair tackle, apologise to Murray and then think before he opens his big mouth again. Bad Loser.

Calvin
31-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Just saw the Murray tackle on BBC Alba - great tackle and nothing wrong with it. McGee should come out admit it was a fair tackle, apologise to Murray and then think before he opens his big mouth again. Bad Loser.

Exactly.

Just because the recipient finds it sore does not mean that the giver has done anything wrong.

Great tackle.

Jonnyboy
31-10-2009, 09:45 PM

There'a as much chance of that as there is of Nade not being pish :wink:

--------
31-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Exactly.

Just because the recipient finds it sore does not mean that the giver has done anything wrong.

Great tackle.

There is a virtue in occasionally causing pain to help your fellow-professional grow 'character'. Some of my fondest memories are of Hibs defenders being similarly helpful - Shades, Sloop, BBJ, King Paddy ....

Indeed, even our present esteemed manager during his playing days assisted many of the players HE played against to grow in inner strength and perseverance in just this way.

Tell young Fyvie - no pain, no gain. He learned something today - such knowledge is priceless.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I've just seen Murray's challenge on Alba. That was an absolutely outstanding tackle.

He won the ball cleanly and I've no idea what McGhee was watching at the time but it certainly wasn't the game.

I think Murray deserves an apology from him.

brythehibby
31-10-2009, 10:05 PM
I've just seen Murray's challenge on Alba. That was an absolutely outstanding tackle.

He won the ball cleanly and I've no idea what McGhee was watching at the time but it certainly wasn't the game.

Dont hold your breath, he'd never admit he was wrong about something. I said earlier his comments were out of order and the replays confirm this, if the shoe was on the other foot he would have been saying it was a great tackle and an accident on the lad.

Mcghee = tit!!

greenlex
31-10-2009, 10:51 PM

:agree: There should be only one person cringing tonight and thats not the ref. McGhee take a bow ya tit.

Dibben
31-10-2009, 11:00 PM

Had a look at the Dons mad site - some are still insisting that Murray deserves all he gets (and his pets...) for that challenge!

Bizarre what coloured specs will do to you. I like to think that I can watch a challenge and see it 'as a neutral' - and there was nothing wrong with the Murray challenge! Far too many blinkers being worn - hopefully McGhee will apologise and set the record straight!

BH.

Sir David Gray
31-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Had a look at the Dons mad site - some are still insisting that Murray deserves all he gets (and his pets...) for that challenge!

Bizarre what coloured specs will do to you. I like to think that I can watch a challenge and see it 'as a neutral' - and there was nothing wrong with the Murray challenge! Far too many blinkers being worn - hopefully McGhee will apologise and set the record straight!

BH.

There's showing bias against your team's opponents and there's being plain stupid. Like you, I also like to think that I am able to be objective when reviewing incidents during a game.

IMO, any Aberdeen fan who can look at that tackle on the TV replays and say that it merited even a foul being awarded against Murray (never mind a yellow/red card), is just being silly for the sake of it.

It's one of the best tackles you'll see, I actually can't believe that there's a debate being had about whether or not it should have been a foul or worse.

silverhibee
31-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Anybody know if the players injury was a serious one.

Kato
31-10-2009, 11:24 PM
He's a liar. His team was a disgrace today.

TheBall'sRound
31-10-2009, 11:24 PM
There's showing bias against your team's opponents and there's being plain stupid. Like you, I also like to think that I am able to be objective when reviewing incidents during a game.

IMO, any Aberdeen fan who can look at that tackle on the TV replays and say that it merited even a foul being awarded against Murray (never mind a yellow/red card), is just being silly for the sake of it.

It's one of the best tackles you'll see, I actually can't believe that there's a debate being had about whether or not it should have been a foul or worse.

I'll go further than that. I can think of two Murray tackles in that game that were harder and just as fair. It was an awkward landing and nothing more. I hope the lad is ok but you can't possibly question murray's role in the injury.

Thought Ross was very unlucky to get two yellows but Maguire's challenge was reckless and stupid and deserved a dismissal.

MGmick
01-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Only saw it on alba but I thought it was a great tackle. As for the second sending off, if it was a straight red then I think that was unjustified, it was maybe a yellow but it was also maybe not.

jae
01-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Exactly.

Great tackle.

sand in the vaseline anyone :boo hoo:

GhostofBolivar
01-11-2009, 05:20 AM
Just seen Ross's second yellow and I thought that was very harsh.

It's late and from behind. An automatic yellow and an easy decision for the referee.

Billy Whizz
01-11-2009, 02:45 PM
We have had loads of sending off at Pittodrie over the last few years. It's about time we got some luck against them.
Last Season Ian Murray and Colin Nish

2 season ago Sean Lynch and Des McCafferty were sent off and we were down to 9 men.
I'm sure there was another game where we lost 1/2 men in a game. Any one remember?

FraserHFC
01-11-2009, 02:48 PM
We have had loads of sending off at Pittodrie over the last few years. It's about time we got some luck against them.
Last Season Ian Murray and Colin Nish

2 season ago Sean Lynch and Des McCafferty were sent off and we were down to 9 men.
I'm sure there was another game where we lost 1/2 men in a game. Any one remember?

I think I remember the other game you mean. I'm sure Nish was sent off for dissent, can't remember the other player though.

OtterHibee
01-11-2009, 05:36 PM
I think I remember the other game you mean. I'm sure Nish was sent off for dissent, can't remember the other player though.

Thierry Gathuessi :grr::greengrin Also sent off for dissent.

That was the 2-1 defeat at Pittodrie in April 2008 that effectively ended our chances of qualifying for Europe. HKT also gave away a needless penalty (again!) that day.

FraserHFC
01-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Thierry Gathuessi :grr::greengrin Also sent off for dissent.

That was the 2-1 defeat at Pittodrie in April 2008 that effectively ended our chances of qualifying for Europe. HKT also gave away a needless penalty (again!) that day.

How could I forget that bombscare :grr:

Winston Ingram
01-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I can't believe the bleating coming out of the sheep camp about the sendings off. They were 4 of the clearest bookings you are ever likely to see:confused:

As for the t!ts who are trying to blame Murray for Fyvie's injury. It was a good solid challenge

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
The 2nd yellow for the first sending off was never a yellow in yer life. :greengrin

But aye... everything else was spot on.

007 Mickey Weir
01-11-2009, 06:47 PM
They are just jealous of us. Just like the 'BIG' team!!

Prof. Shaggy
01-11-2009, 06:49 PM
The 2nd yellow for the first sending off was never a yellow in yer life. :greengrin

But aye... everything else was spot on.

Disagree. It was a late challenge which recklessly caused (slight) injury to IM.
Equals yellow card, no problem.

If you're already on a yellow, you don't make that kind of challenge.

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Disagree. It was a late challenge which recklessly caused (slight) injury to IM.

Oh come on...

It wasn't even a challenge...

He ran it the direction of the ball and went into Murrays leg that was out stretched.

He could have easily went down himself.

Never a booking.... not even for a first yellow.

Winston Ingram
01-11-2009, 07:27 PM

The stupidity of it alone deserved a booking. He was so late:agree:

Spike Mandela
01-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Aberdeen legend reacts graciously to two sendings off for his team!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7368823.stm

Hibercelona
01-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Aberdeen legend reacts graciously to two sendings off for his team!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7368823.stm

:confused:

IWasThere2016
01-11-2009, 07:49 PM

:agree: True of both IMHO. Ross clatters IM on his left ankle deep inside Hibs half .. muppet! Maguire does same with studs up to McBride again deep in Hibs half .. moron! Both merited :agree: Bye Bye Sheepies :bye:

Part/Time Supporter
01-11-2009, 07:51 PM
:confused:

Mixu played for Aberdeen (with moderate success).

--------
01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh come on...

He ran it the direction of the ball and went into Murrays leg that was out stretched.

He ran into Murray deliberately from behind when he clearly had no chance of getting the ball. He had plenty of time to pull up.

You're right - it wasn't a challenge - it was a foul, meriting a yellow card. And since he had already received a yellow card, he deservedly was shown the red as well.

Tackling is about winning the ball, not injuring the opposition players.

--------
01-11-2009, 07:57 PM
I can't believe the bleating coming out of the sheep camp about the sendings off. They were 4 of the clearest bookings you are ever likely to see:confused:

As for the t!ts who are trying to blame Murray for Fyvie's injury. It was a good solid challenge

It was pefectly timed, from the side, and put the ball cleanly out of play. The assistant referee had an excellent view of the incident and flagged properly for a throw-in to Aberdeen.

Unfortunately for the Boy Wonder, the laws of physics are the same on a football pitch as elsewhere - if he'd been a wee bit more aware he'd have sense the tackle coming in and avoided either avoided the collision or ridden the tackle in such a way as to avoid seriosu injury. That's what experince does for you - McGhee's pushing the kid too hard.

And as I've already pointed out - the Boy Wonder wasn't so delicate about having a fly hack at the back of Ian's legs a few minutes earlier - 3.12-3.15 on the highlights. Sneaky wee nyaff.... :devil:

givescotlandfreedom
01-11-2009, 08:03 PM
McGhee's probably trying to deflect attention from his daft ramblings leading up to this game.

Alfred E Newman
01-11-2009, 08:13 PM
It was pefectly timed, from the side, and put the ball cleanly out of play. The assistant referee had an excellent view of the incident and flagged properly for a throw-in to Aberdeen.

Unfortunately for the Boy Wonder, the laws of physics are the same on a football pitch as elsewhere - if he'd been a wee bit more aware he'd have sense the tackle coming in and avoided either avoided the collision or ridden the tackle in such a way as to avoid seriosu injury. That's what experince does for you - McGhee's pushing the kid too hard.

And as I've already pointed out - the Boy Wonder wasn't so delicate about having a fly hack at the back of Ian's legs a few minutes earlier - 3.12-3.15 on the highlights. Sneaky wee nyaff.... :devil:

McGhee even agrees it was a fair tackle, but says it was "over robust" so it should have been a foul. Unbelievable nonsense coming from someone who played the game at the top level and at a time when the game in general was far harder than it is now. If we start punishing hard but fair tackles we might as well shut up shop.

jgl07
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
The sendings off were an inevitability given the way that Aberdeen set out to foul Hibs frequently. Aberdeen brought the situation on themselves.

If the referee hadn't shown a few yellow cards the match could have degenerated into a brawl.

The second sending off was a straight red whichever way you look at it.

There cannot be much argument about the first sending off. When you are already on a booking it is daft to slide into someone like the way he did.

JimBHibees
01-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Got to be said Ross's first challenge on Deek was a shocker, deliberately trying to injure IMO. McGhee is an idiot who has no credibility and them moaning about Murray was IMO down to them thinking he played it up for Ross's sending off rather than the tackle.

Judas Iscariot
01-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Both decisions were spot on!!

Ross is a phanny, when your on a booking you don't give a ref ANY reason to send you off and he did! A clumsy, late tackle!

Maguire's tackle is disgraceful! Easily could have broken McBrides ankle or foot! Definate red! Even if it was a booking he would have walked as he'd been booked already!

Both of them tried to nail Deek big time in the 1st have with similar classless, ugly tackles!

Nae joy for them..

As for Murray's tackle.. Can't understand why it's even up for discussion, Magoo is just a sore loser! Was a superbly timed hard but fair challenge, it's not our fault they had a wee laddie that couldnae hack the big mans game!

Ginger, ugly wee gnaff anyway :bye:

Sir David Gray
01-11-2009, 11:44 PM
I've just read the match report on Aberdeen's official site and I really cannot believe what I'm reading.

They have described Murray's tackle on Fyvie as "a really rash challenge". :bitchy:

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/article/nightmare-on-easter-road-20091031_2212158_1842796

Have these people actually seen this tackle on the TV or are they just jumping on the bandwagon and assuming that it was a rash challenge based on McGhee's "overly robust" nonsense from last night?

It actually beggars belief that anyone, who knows even the slightest thing about football, can look at that tackle and think that it was anything other than a fantastic challenge. I honestly cannot understand why there is even a discussion about it.

It would seem that there are an awful lot of bitter people up at Aberdeen right now. In saying that, it's not all that surprising when you consider who their manager is.

There's quite a few people who owe Ian Murray an apology, I would say.

Saorsa
02-11-2009, 12:04 AM
http://www.cookhereandnow.com/.a/6a00d8341c4feb53ef0115711a5e1c970b-800wi

basehibby
02-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Oh come on...

It was hardly a leg breaker but having watched the replays I think he definately left the foot in with the aim of giving Murray a wee tap - in line with the Don's general policy for the day it would seem. Stupid foul and neither Ross or his manager can have any complaints.

Kato
02-11-2009, 02:25 AM
I've just read the match report on Aberdeen's official site and I really cannot believe what I'm reading.

They have described Murray's tackle on Fyvie as "a really rash challenge". :bitchy:

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/article/nightmare-on-easter-road-20091031_2212158_1842796

Have these people actually seen this tackle on the TV or are they just jumping on the bandwagon and assuming that it was a rash challenge based on McGhee's "overly robust" nonsense from last night?

It actually beggars belief that anyone, who knows even the slightest thing about football, can look at that tackle and think that it was anything other than a fantastic challenge. I honestly cannot understand why there is even a discussion about it.

It would seem that there are an awful lot of bitter people up at Aberdeen right now. In saying that, it's not all that surprising when you consider who their manager is.

There's quite a few people who owe Ian Murray an apology, I would say.

Aberdeen's official website's writer knows exactly what he is saying - they set out to kick us off the park and failed but they are never going to admit that.

McBride is lucky he hasn't got a broken ankle, Ross's challenge was an old-fashioned Airdrie style pretend you are pressing the ball and run straight through the player and their were a least 8 or 9 other challenges which showed they weren't all that interested in having a football match. The complaints about Murray are just an attempt at deflecting from this.

Wimps play football the way McGhee set them up, no courage whatsoever.

brog
02-11-2009, 10:11 AM
I actually think Ross was unlucky with the 2nd booking. This happens a lot nowadays, a player goes to clear, oppo tries to block it & catches foot/leg of clearing player. It always looks bad but seldom is & in many cases it's the tackler who comes off worse.
The other decisions seemed right & if the ref really did have a word with Maguire at h/t that seems like good commonsense refereeing to me.
Re the Murray tackle, the fuss is a disgrace. The lad twisted his leg coming down, nothing else. McGhee et al owe Murray & the ref an apology & Hibs should make a complaint about the Dons website. Since when did it become appropriate for a website to comment about a tackle that was deemed as fair, correctly, during a match?

JimBHibees
02-11-2009, 10:13 AM
It was hardly a leg breaker but having watched the replays I think he definately left the foot in with the aim of giving Murray a wee tap - in line with the Don's general policy for the day it would seem. Stupid foul and neither Ross or his manager can have any complaints.

It was stupidity friom a guy who thinks he is hard. If you are on a booking you make sure you dont go in late which he stupidly did.

JimBHibees
02-11-2009, 10:15 AM
I actually think Ross was unlucky with the 2nd booking. This happens a lot nowadays, a player goes to clear, oppo tries to block it & catches foot/leg of clearing player. It always looks bad but seldom is & in many cases it's the tackler who comes off worse.
The other decisions seemed right & if the ref really did have a word with Maguire at h/t that seems like good commonsense refereeing to me.
Re the Murray tackle, the fuss is a disgrace. The lad twisted his leg coming down, nothing else. McGhee et al owe Murray & the ref an apology & Hibs should make a complaint about the Dons website. Since when did it become appropriate for a website to comment about a tackle that was deemed as fair, correctly, during a match?

Totally agree about the Murray tackle the linesman was a yard away from it and saw nothing wrong as it was a good tackle. Unfortunate the guy got injured however these things happen, complete accident.

--------
02-11-2009, 10:21 AM
It was stupidity friom a guy who thinks he is hard. If you are on a booking you make sure you dont go in late which he stupidly did.

Stupidity and dishonesty are flavours of the month at Pittodrie, it would appear.

"A game that was competitive but never dirty..."

You could have fooled me.

goosano
02-11-2009, 10:25 AM
The Sheep fans certainly are not happy with Murray-here's some of their comments from their forum

It's at times like these when the presence of a W. Miller or Rougvie is needed in our squad, so the next time we come up against I Murray he is reminded on his tackle. I would hope one of our more experienced guys does a job. As Langifeld said in his post match interview, Murray knew what he was doing

The thing that pi**ed me off was that the ref didn't even say a word to the hun chunt about the challenge. He did play the ball but followed through.

Murray knew exactly what he was doing,to get the ball but also hurt the player.No need for that on a fellow pro.He'll get his.

It was a dangerous and malicious challenge - the fact he won the ball first is a red herring. Endangering the safety of an opponent is serious foul play which is a red card offence

i think what you are missing is the fact yes he got the ball but there was no need for him to follow through and remove FF legs in the manner he did....murray went into the tackle to win the ball yes but he seen the chance to take the man out also

Pretty sure Murray's conduct in the Ross card and his assault on FF will not have gone unnoticed by fellow professionals. Open season on him now methinks.

Saorsa
02-11-2009, 10:31 AM
The Sheep fans certainly are not happy with Murray-here's some of their comments from their forum

It's at times like these when the presence of a W. Miller or Rougvie is needed in our squad, so the next time we come up against I Murray he is reminded on his tackle. I would hope one of our more experienced guys does a job. As Langifeld said in his post match interview, Murray knew what he was doing

The thing that pi**ed me off was that the ref didn't even say a word to the hun chunt about the challenge. He did play the ball but followed through.

Murray knew exactly what he was doing,to get the ball but also hurt the player.No need for that on a fellow pro.He'll get his.

It was a dangerous and malicious challenge - the fact he won the ball first is a red herring. Endangering the safety of an opponent is serious foul play which is a red card offence

i think what you are missing is the fact yes he got the ball but there was no need for him to follow through and remove FF legs in the manner he did....murray went into the tackle to win the ball yes but he seen the chance to take the man out also

Pretty sure Murray's conduct in the Ross card and his assault on FF will not have gone unnoticed by fellow professionals. Open season on him now methinks.Well what a bunch of sad fannies they are then, the challenge was perfect.

JimBHibees
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM

Pretty sure Murray's conduct in the Ross card and his assault on FF will not have gone unnoticed by fellow professionals. Open season on him now methinks.

Dear oh dear, what a pile of poo that is.

His assault on FF. :bitchy: He won the ball to make the tackle he had to slide in to suggest he was trying to injure the guy is the most deluded appraisal I have heard in a long time.

As Langfield said . So it is obviously gospel then. What would he know about tackling? He is a poor to average goalkeeper.

jazthehibby
02-11-2009, 10:37 AM

The tackle was a hard, but fair. Watched the game on Alba and just before IM makes the tackle, watch the boys right foot which he clearly goes over on it before IM goes in. Nothing to do with the tackle IMO.

Craig_in_Prague
02-11-2009, 10:38 AM
How they dirty thugs can go on about Murray's perfect tackle, is just amazing :grr:

poolman
02-11-2009, 10:48 AM

All these Sheep comments are drivel of the highest order

When did these new rules come into the game just to placate the hoards of sheep that you can tackle fairly but not take the man as well, ****in unbelievable

This is what that tw*t Langfield has said

but didn't take any action against Murray after a full-blooded challenge on Fraser Fyvie that saw him stretchered off.

Langfield reckons the Hibs man knew full well what he was doing. He said: "It was incredible as the ref was relentless the other way.

"You are told to respect the official's decisions but young Fyvie has gone down with a sore one and Murray is an experienced defender who knows what he is doing.:dummytit:

Aye right, you had a perfect view I suppose ya numpty :bye:

hstn747
02-11-2009, 10:55 AM
I think the ref was completely right when he warned McGuire he could have sent him off for the tackle on Deeks. He made no attempt to play the ball. IMO it was very similar to the McManus tackle on Driver - he only had eyes for taking the legs.

This was quite similar to the Olympic game between Brazil & Argentina where a couple of players got sent off for petulantly kicking their opponents' legs.

Also similar to the SC semi-final vs Dunfermline where the boy who won the penalty swiped Murphy's legs and should have been sent off.

Golden Bear
02-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Ian Murray's tackle on the youngster was hard but fair - of that I'm in no doubt. If the Aberdeen player was 26 and not 16 then this debate would not be talking place.

However, I seem to recall that we all expressed similar misgivings last season in the Hibs v Rangers fixture when Thomson carried out a similar challenge on Yantorno. That tackle was seen by many of us as unnecessarily robust, but as with Ian Murray's challenge, it was not a foul.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Maggoo said in his quote, we had 2 men sent off in a game that did not have a bad tackle in it. Yet then goes on to have a go at murray for a bad tackle.:confused: He has not got a clue, he cant even remember what he just said, 2 minutes earlier.

brog
02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
I like the Aberdeen support, they always come to ER in numbers & produce a great atmosphere. However, IMO they're letting themselves down here by targeting Ian Murray for making a perfectly good & fair tackle.
This is also the support which still sings about Neil Simpson's leg breaking tackle on Ian Durrant. They can't have it both ways.

Bad Martini
02-11-2009, 12:13 PM
This is also the support which still sings about Neil Simpson's leg breaking tackle on Ian Durrant. They can't have it both ways.

The one endearing feature about Aberdeen fans...they truly hate rangers :greengrin

As for their whinging/moaning and BLEEEEETING on about losing. They coped it, take that.

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup:

basehibby
02-11-2009, 12:15 PM

Sheesh - what a bunch of deluded fuds - think they need to clear the floss out their eyes before watching any more football :bye:

Mag7
02-11-2009, 12:47 PM
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Hibernian-2--0-Aberdeen.5785333.jp

Stuart Bathgate can't have seen the highlights if he's attempting to stir up some contoversy over Ian Murray's tackle on the Aberdeen lad who got carried off. A clean, solid tackle, nothing more. The guy can only have injured himself on landing as Murray never touched him.

Hibs Spain
02-11-2009, 12:58 PM

Stuart Bathgate can't have seen the highlights if he's attempting to stir up some contoversy over Ian Murray's tackle on the Aberdeen lad who got carried off. A clean, solid tackle, nothing more. The guy can only have injured himself on landing as Murray never touched him.A great tackle and he didn't follow through at all. The way I saw it was that it was a strong tackle,he got the ball and the only way the guy got injured was the ball forcing his ankle over.

marinello59
02-11-2009, 12:58 PM

Stuart Bathgate can't have seen the highlights if he's attempting to stir up some contoversy over Ian Murray's tackle on the Aberdeen lad who got carried off. A clean, solid tackle, nothing more. The guy can only have injured himself on landing as Murray never touched him.

That was my view of it, any damage was done by an akward landing. Nothing wrong with Murray's challenge.

ahibby
02-11-2009, 12:59 PM
I agree with you. It seems to me that there is some underlying reason for highlighting IMs tackle which wasn't even a foul. Perhaps certain individuals are trying to move the focus from Aberdeen having two sent of and more bookings. I watched the lad go down but I had also seen him make niggling challenges throughout the second half and apparently enjoying the fact he was getting away with it. When he went down after IMs tackle I noticed he grabbed his thigh, then afterwards it was claimed it was ligament damage to his ankle. IM was no where near the lad's ankle as can be seen in the highlights. Too much is being made of a perfectly legal challenge. Seems they like to dish it out but not get any back, whingers.

Speedway
02-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Ian Murray's tackle is second to none.

McSwanky
02-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Ian Murray's tackle is second to none.

:tee hee:

euro Hibby
02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Too many hidden Agendas in jounalism, they should stick to reporting what they see and not what they would have liked to see !

The tackle was hard but fine. If you were in the Aberdeen end you were too far away to see it well. Same thing if you were in Mghees spot. As for Jamie Langfields comments that it was deliberate .....no way !

Dr_Regal
02-11-2009, 02:45 PM
comments in the paper today from aberdeen are funny, Ian Murray's tackle was perfectly timed, too bad the boy got injured maybe 16 years old is a bit too young for playing with the big boys? I dunno.

Well played IM keep it up.

Langfield's comments are ridiculous.

basehibby
02-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Totally absurd comments - IM has won the tackle fairly and squarely - McGhee and his goalie both state that - so WTF are they trying to achieve by infering that some sort of action should have been taken - have they changed the rules in the last week or something????

McGhee has succeeded in stirring up a non-existant controversy here - obviously in an attempt to draw attention away from the REAL controversy - the fact he sent his team out to boot Hibs off the park on Saturday rather than play football. This is par for the course over the course of an SPL season but the annoying thing is that certain journalists seem to have have been sucked into it - Bathgate for example makes the nonsensical (non-)observation that earlier challenges that were punished with a booking were "more harmless looking" than IM's on Fyvie. What a load of absolute tosh! Ross and McGuire were correctly booked early on for having cynical kicks at Hibs players when they had no chance of winning the ball. Murray on the other hand went 100% for the ball and won it cleanly

Also, from where I was standing Fyvie was having niggly wee digs at Murray right through the match and getting away with it - maybe this annoyed Murray, but if it did then the only result was that he was even more committed in the tackle than usual - but crucially he was fair - and unlike the Aberdeen players actually made every effort to play the ball as opposed to the man (and succeeded).
Fyvie learned a lesson at this level on Sat and hopefully it sends a message out to the rest of the SPL also - if you're going to go about kicking IM all day then don't expect any quarter given when he next takes the ball off you.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Not just the scotsman but in both the ****** and the hun they also say that it was a "shocking" tackle, i've never read such pish poor reporting in my life, this always seem to happen if any team dares to outshine the infirm and i've emailed the ****** to complain, don't these cretins have eyes?, look at the replay and it's clearly a hard but fair tackle which Murray clearly wins the ball

GodisaHibee
02-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Let me tell you now; I was in a PERFECT position to see the whole thing where I sit (West Lower) and I don't even need to see the replay.

Murray's tackle was second to none. He went in cleanly, won the ball, no studs showing. As for any rubbish about following through; considering he was sliding on his behind when he made contact with the ball, how was he supposed to stop? Using his undertackle as air brakes?

A class tackle and that's the end of it. If the lad really did hurt himself, and I find that hard to believe, then he did it in the way he landed, NOT because of the nature of Murrays tackle.

And BTW, Murray (or Bamba) should have got MOTM to boot, not Hogg.

seamus88
02-11-2009, 03:59 PM
The only reason they want to talk about it is because the boy was 16. If the manger and the player want him in first team football then he has to man up, I'd like to see what the lad has to say bout it other than senior players. Only 1 Ian Murray!!

(((Fergus)))
02-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I thought it was a superb tackle, IM did not play the man in any way before making contact with the ball, however after the clearance Fyvie's foot appeared to get caught under Murray's body thereby stretching the ligaments.

Case of karma for Fyvie who had been careless with his challenges throughout the game - no doubt in keeping with his manager's instructions.

DoonTheSlope
02-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Having studied the tackle made by Ian Murray I can honestly say it was a good solid tackle and not one intended to cause injury. While it is sad the young Aberdeen lad has been injured, and let's hope he makes a quick recovery, it would be wrong to blame Ian Murray.

Mon Dieu4
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Reminded me of a Willie Miller special, great tackle :agree:

BryanV
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
One of the most ridiculous aspects of this whole non-debate is that no one, not McGhee nor any of his players, is claiming it is a foul yet Murray is still being criticized for it.

Hibercelona
02-11-2009, 04:23 PM
They are all just bitter because Rangers are *****e.

End of.

:singing: Theres only one Ian Murray!

Golden Bear
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM
One of the most ridiculous aspects of this whole non-debate is that no one, not McGhee nor any of his players, is claiming it is a foul yet Murray is still being criticized for it.

Yep. It wasn't a foul but IM should have been booked according to the bleating sheep and a few woolly journalists.

It's absolutely bizarre.

RIP
02-11-2009, 04:27 PM
21 minutes Bamba challenges Ross outside our openalty area. The ball then breaks towards Riordan who takes a touch away from Ross. The Aberdeen player then goes in with a vicious assault with studs showing on Riordan's right leg. Nowhere near the ball and away up the leg, almost at the knee!!.

34minutes Riordan speeds up the line and Maguire gomes in at 90 degrees. Riordan pushes the ball up the line leaving Maguire only the player to aim at. Riordan somehow manages to high hurdle the Aberdeen player's leg which is swiping for Riordan a foot above the ground. Another potential leg-breaker!

47minutes A neat passing move between Riordan and Murray leaving Ian to play it across the park. Ross steams in again with no intention of getting the ball so with his right leg, hacks Murray's trailing leg from under him.

60minutes Maguire loses control outside the Hibs penalty area and McBride steers the ball away. The Aberdeen player doesn't even try and tackle our man with his left leg nearest the ball. Instead he chooses to violently stamp on McBrides ankle with his right leg. So obviously a deliberate act of intimidation.

McGhee is now crying wolf but his team's pathetic attemp to intimidate us, failed miserably. How a leg wasn't broken on Saturday I'll never know

Saorsa
02-11-2009, 04:28 PM
What a crock of http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/turd4.gif :bitchy: exactly the sort of pish you expect tae see in the west coast bog rolls, I thought the Scotsman a bit better than that but it would appear not.

:grr:

bigstu
02-11-2009, 04:30 PM
These morons highlighting this means from now on Ian Murray will have a reputation and referees will be looking at him more closely and be ready to book him at the first opportunity! He will now have to watch himself in the derby because it will be in the refs mind. I know some will think that refs are too professional for this but i don't think they are. If you remember back to Scott Brown, he used to put in the odd dodgy tackle but was not an overly dirty player but one live game the BBC highlighted him as a dirty player and did some after match analysis on it. From then on in it was 'dirty scott brown' and he was targeted by other players and referees and booked at the first opportunity.
In a normal game Ian Murray's challenge would never have even been mentioned.
Stuart Bathgate gtf!

woodyhfc4892
02-11-2009, 04:41 PM
The only fact the sheep are bringing this up is because the lad was only 16, so what :confused: if he wants to play with the big boys he should learn to take tackles from the big boys, great tackle, end of.

one Ian Murray :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
The only fact the sheep are bringing this up is because the lad was only 16, so what :confused: if he wants to play with the big boys he should learn to take tackles from the big boys, great tackle, end of.

Spot on.

IM tackle on the laddie was a great timed tackle, if that was Vidic or Ferdinand or Vermaelan even , the media would be creaming themselves over a well timed spot on tackle.

Big Frank
02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Outstanding challenge.

Many more in the derby hopefully.

Any journalists/dons fans having a problem with that challenge really need to have a wee look at themselves. I honestly thought the dons fans were better than that.

Hope the young laddie gets better soon and back on the park.

1two
02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
What are the journos trrying to achieve here?
A suspension before the big derby? Or just total over exagerated cack in order to help paper sales?

Big Frank
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
:top marks

The Aberdeen manager is doing his utmost to deflect his own and his teams shortcomings:agree:

You can bet your bottom dollar they will pull every trick on 19th December when we head up to their patch.

Jim44
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM

Stuart Bathgate is a Jambo who despises Hibs...........simple as that.

HibbyAndy
02-11-2009, 05:01 PM

Well there you have it then.

A very very bitter man full of hatred that Hibs are better than his team.

Fud.

Luna Landing
02-11-2009, 05:09 PM

Absolutely right . In any case just 30 secs prior to the tackle Fyie had a sly push at Murray when he was going for a high ball which caused him to misjudge the flight . The ref didnt give a foul but IM didnt complain he just went back and won the loose ball fair and square . If Fyvie wants to dish it out he's got to be able to take it. If the ref had blown for the original foul the incident wouldnt have happened .

Fyvie had previously got away with shoving and pushing Riordan and when Riordan gave him some back it was Deek that got booked - so while I dont like to see players injured - he did bring it on himself.

By the way I like the niggly wee nyaff - could do with him in Hibs midfield

Spike Mandela
02-11-2009, 05:20 PM
My one concern about this ridiculous critisism of Murray's excellent tackle is that it could affect his treatment in next week's Derby if he makes a genuinly 'over robust' tackle. Hope we have a strong and fair ref.

greenlex
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
The one endearing feature about Aberdeen fans...they truly hate rangers :greengrin

As for their whinging/moaning and BLEEEEETING on about losing. They coped it, take that.

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats why Nid is getting it tight. Nothing to do with the tackle as such but because he played for Der Hun. :agree:

Malthibby
02-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Murray 's tackling is one of his absolute strengths, as he demonstrates week after week. He is hard (witness the ice Neilson had accumulated on re-entry after Murray put him into orbit, in what was the only high point of his first game back) but fair & even if he tried Godisahibby's suggestion of using his wedding tackle as a brake, momentum isn't something that can be stopped on its own (any engineers out there to explain linear momentum & conservation?)

It's a shame for the young laddie if he has been injured but Murray is not responsible for that.
GG

Argylehibby
02-11-2009, 05:36 PM

Perhaps trying to influence the referee for the game on Saturday. Theory is create enough talk that IM put in a bad tackle last week and was lucky to get away with it before the game and its in the refs head during the derby. Cue first hard tackle he puts in and ref thinks, "he's at it again and I am not letting him away with it this week". Its a ploy usually adopted prior to games against the old firm but obviously Bathgate has his own agenda.

HibbyAndy
02-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Perhaps trying to influence the referee for the game on Saturday. Theory is create enough talk that IM put in a bad tackle last week and was lucky to get away with it before the game and its in the refs head during the derby. Cue first hard tackle he puts in and ref thinks, "he's at it again and I am not letting him away with it this week". Its a ploy usually adopted prior to games against the old firm but obviously Bathgate has his own agenda.

Make us look better then when we pump them with 10 (maybe less?) men

:greengrin

jgl07
02-11-2009, 05:39 PM

As they would say on Peep Show:

"Welcome to big school".

I was totally unconvinced by the writhing in agony routine.

If you are seriously injured you keep still.

HibbyAndy
02-11-2009, 05:40 PM

"Welcome to big school".

Ligament damage and the laddie is writhing about on the grass.:bitchy:

RIP
02-11-2009, 05:41 PM

The Aberdeen manager is doing his utmost to deflect his own and his teams shortcomings:agree:

You can bet your bottom dollar they will pull every trick on 19th December when we head up to their patch.

Yes and trying to evoke a conspiracy theory / siege mentality i.e. "They Don't like us; They've got it in for us; We wus robbed"

The Aberdeen manager, club and fans don't have a shread of dignity - their conduct over this match has been disgraceful

H18sry
02-11-2009, 05:48 PM
BBC's Paul Mitchell in commentary twice states IM hard but fair tackle .

chinny baxter
02-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Bathgate is a jambo and his agenda is to get it in everyones mind(fellow jambos and the ref) that Murray is a dirty player. His hope is that the jamboids get onto Murray early doors on Saturday and thereby influence the ref.
The tackle on Saturday was perfect.
Bathgate was also suggesting that the two sheep were unlucky to be sent off.Maguire in particular was lucky he was not sent off for the kick at Riordan early on and the ref it seems also thought so as he told him at half time to watch what he was doing. To then make a tackle like he did was just stupid.
Ross too could consider himself lucky he only got a booking for the first one.
As to Aberdeen its sad that a club like them with a proud history now have a whinger like McGhee for their manager.It is also sad that they had to resort to tactics like that for Saturday.
For Bathgate just stop buying the paper he writes for.

chorley_fm
02-11-2009, 06:25 PM

Fancy it ?? :dunno: :hmmm:

jabis
02-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Let me tell you now; I was in a PERFECT position to see the whole thing where I sit (West Lower) and I don't even need to see the replay.

Murray's tackle was second to none. He went in cleanly, won the ball, no studs showing. As for any rubbish about following through; considering he was sliding on his behind when he made contact with the ball, how was he supposed to stop? Using his undertackle as air brakes?

A class tackle and that's the end of it. If the lad really did hurt himself, and I find that hard to believe, then he did it in the way he landed, NOT because of the nature of Murrays tackle.

clearly a case of conkers on the brain :greengrin

but tottaly agree IM got the ball..NOT the boy !

hibsbollah
02-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Its like ive landed on a strange planet where the normal rules of physics, space, time and natural justice have been replaced by some strange reality drawn up by The Scotsman and Mark McGhee.

It was a f-a-i-r tackle:rolleyes:

Teo10
02-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Not sure if it was this thread or the other one about IM's challenge. Someone stated Ross his IM's outstretched leg when from the highlights just shown on SS1 you can clearly see he runs into his standing leg without even making an effort to move out the way. Deserved second yellow.

(((Fergus)))
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM

"Welcome to big school".

Having done my ankle ligaments in similar fashion, I know how sore it can be. TBH that's what convinced me the boy had been hurt...accidentally. In the same way Mulgrew didn't intentionally stick the head on KMcB.

crewetollhibee
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Reminded me of a Willie Miller special, great tackle :agree:
Or McLeish, Simpson, Cooper or Rougvie; they all went in kinda hard. Who was their centre-forward again ? :devil:

Green_one
02-11-2009, 06:58 PM
McGhee = Plank ('no bad tackles in the game')

Murray = Tackling God

The game is going to pot if that was unfair. I think the boys inexperience contributed to him injury.

ancient hibee
02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
It looked to me as if Fyvie's foot was bent backwards when he collided with Murray's back-he should have hurdled Murray-maybe he wasn't too bothered where his feet went-he will be now.

tamsonsbairn
02-11-2009, 07:01 PM
WTF, why are we bothered what he says, hes only trying to get back in the good books with the j*&^@s, he hasnt been too good to them lately so anything controversial to say about us he will.:grr:

McSwanky
Or McLeish, Simpson, Cooper or Rougvie; they all went in kinda hard. Who was their centre-forward again ? :devil:

I think (correct me if Im wrong) the original comment was about Willie Miller of Hibs, a cult hero of mine, who IIRC was sitting a couple of rows in front of me at the CIS Cup Final.

whiskyhibby

Absolutely spot on!!

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Disc O'Dave
02-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Its like ive landed on a strange planet where the normal rules of physics, space, time and natural justice have been replaced by some strange reality drawn up by The Scotsman and Mark McGhee.

It was a f-a-i-r tackle:rolleyes:

It will be very interesting to see how the season pans out with Aberdeen players never making a sliding tackle on anybody, as they now see this as a bookable offence. :confused:

rightwinger
02-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I honestly can't see what the fuss is about.

Murray's challenge was very hard but he wasn't two-footed, he didn't lunge, studs weren't up and he got the ball cleanly.

To be fair the Aberdeen sendings off were a bit harsh. Ross should only have got one yellow and Maguire shouldn't have got a straight red. The ref made life difficult for himself by dishing out so many yellows early on. The bookings for Riordan and Zemmama were also on the harsh side though. Just because of all that doesn't mean Murray should have been sent-off just to even things up.

What teams like Aberdeen have to realise is that if you live by the sword you die by it. If you're going to try and play hard and kick us off the park then you run the risk of trouble if you get the wrong ref. Some days you'll kick teams off the park and barely give away a free kick. Other days you'll get two players harshly sent-off. Just the same with attackers who go down easily - one week Benji's getting an ultra-soft penalty the next Zemmama gets a booking for being fouled.

In the EPL a good example's Jamie Carragher. He made a great challenge at the weekend and was sent-off but I have no sympathy with him. He's always all over strikers, pulling them back, tugging them every which way but loose and getting away with it. Last week he takes Owen out and gets lucky. This week he makes a great challenge and gets sent off. Live by the sword.

crewetollhibee
02-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I think (correct me if Im wrong) the original comment was about Willie Miller of Hibs, a cult hero of mine, who IIRC was sitting a couple of rows in front of me at the CIS Cup Final.
Sorry I was assuming OP was being ironic !! True either way though. :wink:

truehibernian
02-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Funny, young Wallace had two similar fully committed and well timed challenges on McGeady on Wednesday which I have to say were superb. Nobody likes seeing a young player injured, however McBride is lucky to have his ankle still attached to his foot and Riordan is just lucky he saw the challenge coming (both from McGuire) and vaulted his kick, or he would have been picking gravel out his legs for a week.

hibbytam
02-11-2009, 07:14 PM
This was posted on the Aberdeen official website. Bit of a mindless rant.

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/article/dons-appeal-for-common-sense-20091102_2212158_1844992

IS COMMON SENSE TOO MUCH TO HOPE FOR?

At a time when it is very fashionable to lambast the game in this country, whether it be the absence of a lucrative television deal, our clubs inability to succeed on the European stage or indeed, simply bemoaning the general standard of the fare on offer, surely those of us who are actually in the firing line should be doing everything in our power to prevent short-changing the group that matters most, namely the paying customers who follow their teams the length and breadth of Scotland?

Sadly, that was not the case at Easter Road on Saturday when the referee seemed blindly determined to stamp his authority right from the off - even though both teams were attempting to encourage a passing game - with the inevitable scenario of five yellow cards brandished by the interval and hardly a strong tackle made throughout the forty-five minutes!

If managers are trying their best to increase skill levels via a passing game, and many in the SPL are, surely clubs deserve match officials who can empathise with what they are attempting? When cards are being dished out like confetti, players become afraid to make tackles for fear of reprisal, and that's exactly what occurred in Edinburgh. Nine against eleven (perhaps make that twelve!) for the best part of half an hour means an unequal situation and one that is cheating the fans who pay good money to watch a competitive and balanced encounter.

The sending off of a player should be a last resort not, what it appeared to be against Hibs, something the referee seemed hell bent on achieving almost straight from the kick-off. And if match officials are being given little or no leeway to adopt a common sense approach, then that needs to be seriously looked at by the powers that be and sooner rather than later.

Aberdeen took a fantastic support to Edinburgh on Saturday and their vociferous and non-stop encouragement undoubtedly played no small part in the team holding out against the odds for as long as they did. However, thanks to the antics of the man in the middle what began as a fair contest, almost descended into farce!

A common sense approach could have made things so different - a quiet word instead of an instant card, appreciating that a striker's tackle may not be the best timed in the world and not backing himself into a situation where he was almost forced into dismissing players.

A common sense approach from match officials - that's all the football fraternity wants - is that really too much to ask for?

patlowe
02-11-2009, 07:29 PM
All this fuss is ridiculous. We should be praising the ref for getting all the big decisions correct;

1st Red: Ross' tackles were both stupid and worthy of yellow cards. After getting the first one, he should have had the experience and sense to not make the second tackle in the manner he did.

2nd Red: A shocking challenge, right over the top of McBride's ankle. Again, a fair decision by the ref.

Murray Tackle: I don't even understand how the Murray challenge could be up for debate. He went in wholeheartedly and won the ball, exactly the type of tackle you want to see on a football pitch (albeit it was unfortunate the guy fell awkwardly), unlike the dangerous, cowardly type which were rightly rewarded with red cards on Saturday.

Does anyone else feel sorry for this referee who is new to the SPL and is being lambasted all over the press for what were IMO the correct decisions?

Maybe I'm just biased.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-11-2009, 07:30 PM
This was posted on the Aberdeen official website. Bit of a mindless rant.

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/article/dons-appeal-for-common-sense-20091102_2212158_1844992

At a time when it is very fashionable to lambast the game in this country, whether it be the absence of a lucrative television deal, our clubs inability to succeed on the European stage or indeed, simply bemoaning the general standard of the fare on offer, surely those of us who are actually in the firing line should be doing everything in our power to prevent short-changing the group that matters most, namely the paying customers who follow their teams the length and breadth of Scotland?

Sadly, that was not the case at Easter Road on Saturday when the referee seemed blindly determined to stamp his authority right from the off - even though both teams were attempting to encourage a passing game - with the inevitable scenario of five yellow cards brandished by the interval and hardly a strong tackle made throughout the forty-five minutes!

If managers are trying their best to increase skill levels via a passing game, and many in the SPL are, surely clubs deserve match officials who can empathise with what they are attempting? When cards are being dished out like confetti, players become afraid to make tackles for fear of reprisal, and that's exactly what occurred in Edinburgh. Nine against eleven (perhaps make that twelve!) for the best part of half an hour means an unequal situation and one that is cheating the fans who pay good money to watch a competitive and balanced encounter.

The sending off of a player should be a last resort not, what it appeared to be against Hibs, something the referee seemed hell bent on achieving almost straight from the kick-off. And if match officials are being given little or no leeway to adopt a common sense approach, then that needs to be seriously looked at by the powers that be and sooner rather than later.

Aberdeen took a fantastic support to Edinburgh on Saturday and their vociferous and non-stop encouragement undoubtedly played no small part in the team holding out against the odds for as long as they did. However, thanks to the antics of the man in the middle what began as a fair contest, almost descended into farce!

A common sense approach could have made things so different - a quiet word instead of an instant card, appreciating that a striker's tackle may not be the best timed in the world and not backing himself into a situation where he was almost forced into dismissing players.

A common sense approach from match officials - that's all the football fraternity wants - is that really too much to ask for?

The kind of drivel I'd only ever expect to see published on Heart of Midlothian's website.

Westie1875
02-11-2009, 07:30 PM
It gets worse

Sheep website official rant (http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/article/dons-appeal-for-common-sense-20091102_2212158_1844992)

What a bunch of bitter sheepies, think they'll be in trouble for that rant.

truehibernian
02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Nah, Hearts website is far worse. Jeez if a fan of theirs throws a roll of toilet paper on the Tynecastle pitch, the next day they are listing Kleenex as one of their "official partners". Shabby website for shabby people :agree:

Winston Ingram
02-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Fyfie is out for 6 weeks

Here are all the tackles. Everyone a stick on and conclusive proof that Murray did f all wrong

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/8339136.stm?

Hibercelona
02-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Dreadful article...

On their main site as well. :bitchy:

Sean1875
02-11-2009, 08:28 PM
sour grapes.

Barney McGrew
02-11-2009, 08:28 PM
If I was an Aberdeen fan I'd be embarassed by that on my official site. It smacks of nothing but sour grapes.

Ross's two yellows were stick ons. McGuire might have been lucky to see a straight red, but it was a booking at best and he'd have been off anyway.

If they're going to appeal for common sense, then maybe they should start with their own players using some first and not trying to half the opposition.

Sylar
02-11-2009, 08:31 PM
At the time, I thought that some of the bookings were indeed harsh in the first half, however, having watched the re-run on BBC Alba, I don't think the ref got a single decision wrong on Saturday!

I understand even the Aberdeen officials will feel aggrieved at losing at the weekend, but they need to maintain professional etiquette, and the article smacks of the dummy having been spat!

Speaking of classless, I'm surprised that very little has been mentioned about their chanting with regards to Alan Orman - I suppose, considering the ***** they sing when they visit Ibrox, nothing should really surprise me from that lot.

007 Mickey Weir
02-11-2009, 08:31 PM
FANTASTIC SUPPORT.........all 1500 of them!! Wooo!

Both red cards are warranteed! They tried to kick us of the park from the off!

Are they the new jamboids???:paranoid::paranoid:

ahibby
02-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I agree they are classless I knew that without having read their moans. They did very little in that game except foul. I hardly remember them causing any problems for us except with their fouls and one stramish when they were down to 9 and at a time when Hibs might have been encouraging them to come out of their shell to make the game more open. They had a cheek to sing about a *****y home support when they should have been singing we're ***** and we know we are like they used to. This is a very unimpressive Aberdeen side who will find themselves in deep poo if they carry on fouling they way they did on Saturday. If they were honest they would say they got what they deserved. I guess though that perhaps they can stir up a bit passion by blaming everyone else and not themselves for a poor and dirty display. I hope our boys gain more passion from knowing that every team out side of the OF are gunning to foul them off the park. I want to take back what I said on another thread about their boy faining an injury to his ankle. Having had a closer look I see his foot went under IMs leg and twisted then he held his leg as far down as he could not his thigh as I had thought.

Makaveli
02-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Saying "Nine against eleven (perhaps make that twelve!)" on your official site = SFA fine. :agree:

Leithenhibby
02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I heard this on the BBC sport tonight and couldn't believe my ears, what an embarrassment that is :agree:

totally classless, totally tasteless, and totally uncalled for.

AndyB_70
02-11-2009, 08:40 PM
That is a shocker of an article. Mr Ross deserved his booking for kicking Riordan. It was a clear yellow. As for the other tackle that got Maguire booked.....how can they complain? The ball had been played forward by Deeks and the tackle was only ever meant to get the man as he lifted his leg during tha tackle but according to Aberdeen there was no real tackles made in the first half. Don't seem to remember them getting their knickers in a twist a few seasons ago when Hibs got the same treatment up there.
As for them moaning about Murray's tackle. He clearly wins the ball and at no point does his boots make contact with the player unlike a Mr Maguire who managed to stamp his studs into McBride's ankle.
Aberdeen = No Class.

Jack
02-11-2009, 08:40 PM
TBF I had only just got used to the idea that Aberdeen and their fans were quite good folk after some 30 years of hating the club and all it stood for. They had just beat us at ER, before segregation on the terraces, their off side trap had frustrated us all afternoon, and a wee Aberdeen T*rd was at the foot of the steps with a huge grin on his coupon, as I passed him he shoved his scarf in my face. I was raging. :grr: It’s the closest I’ve ever come to hitting anyone at a football match. :grr: :grr:

Over the last couple of seasons I came to quite like Aberdeen and particularly their support, who as usual, were right behind their team on Saturday and showed a bit of nutterness making it fancy dress. Their forums were mostly Hibs sympathetic too what I saw.

McGhee’s changed all that. He’s turned a pretty good, consistent side into a whining bunch of thugs.

I really feel sorry for the fans, they deserve better, although I doubt they’ll have much time for us these days.

PiemanP
02-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Lot of green tinted specs on this thread...

Ross second yellow should never have been, If that decision went against hibs id be quuite rightly raging.

Murray's tackle however was perfect, and fyvie's injury was caused by his fall not through murray's force.

The_Todd
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Bleat bleat bleat. Aberdonian for deflect, deflect, deflect.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-11-2009, 08:47 PM

Ross second yellow should never have been, If that decision went against hibs id be quuite rightly raging.

Murray's tackle however was perfect, and fyvie's injury was caused by his fall not through murray's force.

Ross' second yellow was harsh, other than that nothing for the sheep to complain about. Certainly nothing to justify the ridiculous reaction.

RoslinInstHibby
02-11-2009, 09:04 PM
that article is shocking, totally out of order like. Who the hell do they think they are?

we should all complain to the SPL about it so they get hit with a fine or summit

fife hfc
02-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Why should a strikers tackle be treated differently to a defenders tackle as the article believes:confused: Mcguire got sent off for a tackle fletcher went for in the hearts cup tie last season. As for Ross he was stupid to go in for second tackle having already been booked (MM even said this).

If a player deserves to get booked and then sent off, then he has to go even when a team mate or even three team mates (like Hearts at Ibrox a few years back) have already gone. That's fairness not keeping players on the pitch just to keep numbers even.

renato
02-11-2009, 09:19 PM
These morons highlighting this means from now on Ian Murray will have a reputation and referees will be looking at him more closely and be ready to book him at the first opportunity! He will now have to watch himself in the derby because it will be in the refs mind. I know some will think that refs are too professional for this but i don't think they are. If you remember back to Scott Brown, he used to put in the odd dodgy tackle but was not an overly dirty player but one live game the BBC highlighted him as a dirty player and did some after match analysis on it. From then on in it was 'dirty scott brown' and he was targeted by other players and referees and booked at the first opportunity.
In a normal game Ian Murray's challenge would never have even been mentioned.
Stuart Bathgate gtf!

Correct, he'll now need to be very careful in the next few games, for absolutely no reason at all.

McGhee and Langfield should be ashamed of themselves and if Miller or any of their other directors had any class, they'd insist on a public apology immediately for IM.

If I was Yogi, I'd be on the blower to Magoo asking for this thoughts now he'll have seen the replay of the incident. I'd also tell him to GTF if he expects a warm reception from the club officials next time they're back at ER.

We've had a few reds at Pittodrie recently.....they came to ER to kick us off the park and they can have no complaints if their players cannae tackle properly (that's assuming they weren't intending to go in late).

Joke issue over **** all. GTF Magoo and Langfield.

basehibby
02-11-2009, 10:21 PM

Ligament damage and the laddie is writhing about on the grass.:bitchy:

You've obviously never torn your ankle ligaments badly - I did it once stepping off a kerb and was writhing about on the pavement in similar fashion - extremely painful!!!
Nothing wrong with the tackle though - clean and straight through the ball with his weight right behind it - perfect technique as a matter of fact.

RIP
02-11-2009, 10:25 PM
21 minutes Bamba challenges Ross outside our openalty area. The ball then breaks towards Riordan who takes a touch away from Ross. The Aberdeen player then goes in with a vicious assault with studs showing on Riordan's right leg. Nowhere near the ball and away up the leg, almost at the knee!!.

34minutes Riordan speeds up the line and Maguire gomes in at 90 degrees. Riordan pushes the ball up the line leaving Maguire only the player to aim at. Riordan somehow manages to high hurdle the Aberdeen player's leg which is swiping for Riordan a foot above the ground. Another potential leg-breaker!

47minutes A neat passing move between Riordan and Murray leaving Ian to play it across the park. Ross steams in again with no intention of getting the ball so with his right leg, hacks Murray's trailing leg from under him.

60minutes Maguire loses control outside the Hibs penalty area and McBride steers the ball away. The Aberdeen player doesn't even try and tackle our man with his left leg nearest the ball. Instead he chooses to violently stamp on McBrides ankle with his right leg. So obviously a deliberate act of intimidation.

McGhee is now crying wolf but his team's pathetic attemp to intimidate us, failed miserably. How a leg wasn't broken on Saturday I'll never know

Can any of the Sheep sympathisers on here please pick one of these tackles and disagree with what I saw? Look at the slow motion on the bbc highlights. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8337002.stm

It shows clearly that all 4 tackles were delberate attempts to injure.

As for the 'straight red' bollox for Maguire - he got booked earlier - did some of you miss that? Red, 2 yellows = 2 very bad fouls.

PaulSmith
02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Can any of the Sheep sympathisers on here please pick one of these tackles and disagree with what I saw? Look at the slow motion on the bbc highlights. It shows clearly that all 4 tackles were delberate attempts to injure.

As for the 'straight red' bollox for Maguire - he got booked earlier - did some of you miss that?

Did you miss the fact the the ref never showed a 2nd yellow card before the red, straight red card for serious foul play..nothing to do with his previous yellow

basehibby
02-11-2009, 10:31 PM
All this fuss is ridiculous. We should be praising the ref for getting all the big decisions correct;

1st Red: Ross' tackles were both stupid and worthy of yellow cards. After getting the first one, he should have had the experience and sense to not make the second tackle in the manner he did.

2nd Red: A shocking challenge, right over the top of McBride's ankle. Again, a fair decision by the ref.

Murray Tackle: I don't even understand how the Murray challenge could be up for debate. He went in wholeheartedly and won the ball, exactly the type of tackle you want to see on a football pitch (albeit it was unfortunate the guy fell awkwardly), unlike the dangerous, cowardly type which were rightly rewarded with red cards on Saturday.

Does anyone else feel sorry for this referee who is new to the SPL and is being lambasted all over the press for what were IMO the correct decisions?

Maybe I'm just biased.

:agree: The press have been pathetic in this - showing utter hypocracy by giving this new ref pelters when all they're really doing is looking for an angle.

Ross's 2nd booking was MAYBE a bit harsh but definately a foul all the same - the other big decisions were absolutely spot on for which he deserves credit rather than ridicule.
The Abersheep website rant claims that he should have had a quiet word rather than dishing out cards - when that is exactly what he did at half time in informing McGuire that he was fortunate to still be on the pitch. The fact that he and his team mates chose to ignore this warning merely shows their stupidity and/or inability to cope.

PaulSmith
02-11-2009, 10:37 PM
:agree: The press have been pathetic in this - showing utter hypocracy by giving this new ref pelters when all they're really doing is looking for an angle.

Ross's 2nd booking was MAYBE a bit harsh but definitely a foul all the same - the other big decisions were absolutely spot on for which he deserves credit rather than ridicule.
The Abersheep website rant claims that he should have had a quiet word rather than dishing out cards - when that is exactly what he did at half time in informing McGuire that he was fortunate to still be on the pitch. The fact that he and his team mates chose to ignore this warning merely shows their stupidity and/or inability to cope.

And I'm sure that the referee is delighted with the backing that the SFA are publicly giving him :bitchy:

Why doesn't Dallas come out and explain exactly why these were bookings and ordering offs and show him some support.

Winston Ingram
02-11-2009, 10:50 PM
I honestly can't see what the fuss is about.

Murray's challenge was very hard but he wasn't two-footed, he didn't lunge, studs weren't up and he got the ball cleanly.

To be fair the Aberdeen sendings off were a bit harsh. Ross should only have got one yellow and Maguire shouldn't have got a straight red. The ref made life difficult for himself by dishing out so many yellows early on. The bookings for Riordan and Zemmama were also on the harsh side though. Just because of all that doesn't mean Murray should have been sent-off just to even things up.

What teams like Aberdeen have to realise is that if you live by the sword you die by it. If you're going to try and play hard and kick us off the park then you run the risk of trouble if you get the wrong ref. Some days you'll kick teams off the park and barely give away a free kick. Other days you'll get two players harshly sent-off. Just the same with attackers who go down easily - one week Benji's getting an ultra-soft penalty the next Zemmama gets a booking for being fouled.

In the EPL a good example's Jamie Carragher. He made a great challenge at the weekend and was sent-off but I have no sympathy with him. He's always all over strikers, pulling them back, tugging them every which way but loose and getting away with it. Last week he takes Owen out and gets lucky. This week he makes a great challenge and gets sent off. Live by the sword.

Were they? Which 1 of Ross's reckless challenges would you let him away with? The 1st one he caught Riordan right under the knee and I think the nil reaction of the Aberdeen players on his 2nd challenge told it's own story. If you watch the video Lee Miller looks at Ross as if he was saying 'what the **** are you doing? As for the straight red for Maguire. It looked straight red at the game but it would have made f all difference as he would have went off anyway. Maguire's 1st booking was the latest challenge I seen in along time. You even see Maguire lifting his leg at the end in an attempt to trip Riordan.

As for Carraghers challenge - c'mon, he may have got the ball but the fact that wrapped both his arms round Zamora and practically jumped on his back had a big part to play in him getting the ball. (wrapping both your arms round a player and then jumping on their back is officially a foul btw). You'll notice Liverpool aren't appealing because it was a stick on red card:agree:

Winston Ingram
02-11-2009, 10:54 PM

I think it's just called good eyesight:agree:

Sas_The_Hibby
02-11-2009, 11:08 PM

Ross's 2nd booking was MAYBE a bit harsh but definately a foul all the same - the other big decisions were absolutely spot on for which he deserves credit rather than ridicule.

Interesting reading in the Press & Journal, however...................

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1463852

Saorsa
02-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Interesting reading in the Press & Journal, however...................

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1463852First sensible thing I've read :agree:
but while his sliding challenge was a strong one, there was no doubt he timed his tackle perfectly to win the ball and the resulting injury to the Dons midfielder was no more than misfortune on Fyvie’s part.

Still some bitter http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/sheep1ji.gif making comments underneath the article :boo hoo:

Kato
03-11-2009, 01:54 AM
Still some bitter http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/sheep1ji.gif making comments underneath the article :boo hoo:

What do you expect - they need something to rage at.

Maybe we should all agree Mark McGhee, Bathgate and some Aberdeen fans are just trumpets and get on with the derby.

greenginger
03-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Aberdeen's Willie Miller has put his tuppence-worth into the debate on Ian Murray's tackle. He believes Murray did'nt need to injure the lad as he was a "fellow professional".

Does anyone remember him in the early 80's taking out a young Brian Rice at Pittodrie . The two footed lunge on the half way line was so late it was missed by the Ref as he was following the ball which was at the other end of the pitch.
Rice was stretchered off and out for about 8 weeks unfortunately I don't think the match was televised so Miller got away with it.

I sure Brian Rice will remember, it nearly ended his career before it had started.

ancient hibee
03-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Don't want to ram it down their throats but surely after listening to Craig Paterson last night they'll be flocking to apologise.

JimBHibees
03-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Aberdeen's Willie Miller has put his tuppence-worth into the debate on Ian Murray's tackle. He believes Murray did'nt need to injure the lad as he was a "fellow professional".

Does anyone remember him in the early 80's taking out a young Brian Rice at Pittodrie . The two footed lunge on the half way line was so late it was missed by the Ref as he was following the ball which was at the other end of the pitch.
Rice was stretchered off and out for about 8 weeks unfortunately I don't think the match was televised so Miller got away with it.

I sure Brian Rice will remember, it nearly ended his career before it had started.

Yep remember it Miller was a cowardly player who was well capable of 'doing someone' in a tackle. He is speaking as if Murray meant to injure him anyone with eyes could see there was absolutely nothing in that tackle worth mentioning.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-11-2009, 10:52 AM
Some of the statements that they have made on the website, they won't be able to take baahk. They are just trying to pull the wool over people's eyes.

JimBHibees
03-11-2009, 10:53 AM
In light of Saturday's game it reminded me of a radio Scotland programme about refs about a month ago. Hugh Dallas was on it and they were talking about respect the refs etc, and managers not having a go at them in public after the games but calling Dallas instead if they had a complaint. Levein came out with what I thought were reasonable comments that respect is earned and sometimes he thinks it is right to be honest in interviews. McGhee IMO came over as a self important dork by saying he would never criticise a ref in public. Given Saturday's antics maybe he has kept to his word and got everybody else at Aberdeen to speak for him.

Honestly think he is a clown and would hate it if he was at Hibs.

lapsedhibee
03-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Don't want to ram it down their throats but surely after listening to Craig Paterson last night they'll be flocking to apologise.

The lambasting of IM has been graceless and classless. :agree:

Golden Bear
03-11-2009, 11:02 AM
The lambasting of IM has been graceless and classless. :agree:

As I have said in another thread I hope that Hibs point this out in an official capacity ot Aberdeen.

Enough is enough - it's time to defend the good name of Hibernian FC.

Part/Time Supporter
03-11-2009, 11:10 AM
http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/1466331?UserKey=

Laughable and pathetic.

Aberdeen FC - reduced to kicking opponents and moaning about a referee who does something about it.

mjhibby
03-11-2009, 11:33 AM
This is another classic rant from mcghee and miller who think they are still a big team and should get decisions.I would like to think they and gary mcdonald will have the decency to apologize for their comments having watched murrays tackle as it was totally fair and their comments,while maybe said in the heat of the moment,are totally unjustified.
The ref got all bar rosss second yellow right and mcguires two challenges were both reckless as best and thuggery at worst.If aberdeen are going to adopt this hard attitide to try and stop the opposition then they will inevatably get red cards.As for fyvvie i feel sorry for him but he got injured to do with the way he fell and nothing to do with the tackle.Miller and mcghee are saying these things to endear themselves to the dons fans as they have 11 points after 10 games and the excuses are wearing thin.Its sad to see a once great club be so ungracious but i fear its the big team mentality that inflicts a number of supporters of our edinburgh heighbours has spread its way north.I feel the sfa should throw the book at them,not for moaning about the sendings off, but for the scurrilous remarks about a fellow pro.That is totally unacceptable and i hope they get the punishment their behaviour desereves.When i think of what miller and mcleish got away with in their time i am so angry that they should spout such crap to deflect away from the failings of their team.Rant over and as for ian murray.Just ignore them and play the way you have been.He is not one to be messed about at the best of times and i hope players arent foolish enough that they can unsettle him as he is a model pro and will rise above it.

johnrebus
03-11-2009, 11:46 AM
I know Hibs have too much class for such a thing, but part of me wants Yogi or Petrie to come out and tell McGhee and his pals to , ' SHUT THE **** UP ! )

:grr:

RIP
03-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Did you miss the fact the the ref never showed a 2nd yellow card before the red, straight red card for serious foul play..nothing to do with his previous yellow

No - I didn't miss it. I also thought Maguire's stamp merited a straight red.

But straight red or second yellow - he was heading down the tunnel - no?

sean
03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
having seen the two red cards they looked harsh.very harsh infact.

although i coudlnt go to the game,i seen ian murrays tackle on tv,it completly baffles me what on earth the aberdeen players and maangement are complanining about,a simple accident caused by a tackle.ian murray got the ball,the lad fell awkwardly..whats all the drama about.

i cant remember the exact words but a dons players stated that basically murray knew what he was doing and was a wrong place to make a tackle??

what utter nonsense. looks like the reff might have spoiled a good football match but the after match comments from the players and management sound ridiculos,

a simple peice of missfortune for the player

Bad Martini
03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
One of the best tackles I have seen in a long time.

The RULES (which govern the game rather than my/our/their OPINIONS) are quite clear; he TOOK the BALL....the round thing that rolls. He did NOT take the player first or second. He took the ball.

Football is about getting your foot on the ball. He done that. Plain and simple.

Yes, its unfortunate that during the challenge, the lad copped it but it was not from anything other than a good, solid challenge.

UNLIKE the blatant SWIPE at Riordan by the sheep on the touchline when there was NO ball and had Deek not jumped out the way, he'd also have been carried off.

We'll no talk aboot that tho eh.

BAWBAGS.

ENDOF :agree:

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 12:09 PM

although i coudlnt go to the game,i seen ian murrays tackle on tv,it completly baffles me what on earth the aberdeen players and maangement are complanining about,a simple accident caused by a tackle.ian murray got the ball,the lad fell awkwardly..whats all the drama about.

i cant remember the exact words but a dons players stated that basically murray knew what he was doing and was a wrong place to make a tackle??

what utter nonsense. looks like the reff might have spoiled a good football match but the after match comments from the players and management sound ridiculos,

a simple peice of missfortune for the player

Never understood why this is said, when a game ends up 11 against 10. I would love every team we play to have a man sent off. In fact 2 getting red carded is even better, it gives my team a more than better chance of winning. I actually enjoy it when an opposition player gets sent off, it never spoils it for me.

In fact, i dont think it spoils it for the vast majority. Next time it happens, just look at all the faces on the hibs fans, they will all be smiling, and some will be waving the player off like this.:bye: :greengrin

RIP
03-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Looks like the ref might have spoiled a good football match

Sean - please go to post 166 and tell me which of the four deliberate professional fouls/hacks/violent stamps you think the ref got wrong. Try slow-mo on the highlights if you are unsure.

Far from spoiling a 'good football match' Aberdeen did that by following McGhee's tactics which were to deliberately intimidate Hibs flair players.

That ploy failed only due to strong and accurate referreeing decisions

sean
03-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Sean - please go to post 166 and tell me which of the four deliberate professional fouls/hacks/violent stamps you think the ref got wrong. Try slow-mo on the highlights if you are unsure.

Far from spoiling a 'good football match' Aberdeen did that by following McGhee's tactics which were to deliberately intimidate Hibs flair players.

That ploy failed only due to strong and accurate referreeing decisions

currently at work,i will view the highlights when i get home again,
i thought ross's challenge on riordan was a card,but didnt feel the tackle on mcbride merrited a sending off or a second booking,as i said i wasnt at the game and only seen the highlights so i stand corrected maybe the dons were just plain dirty.

i just know if it was my team or hibs,some of the bookings looked a tad soft

sean
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Never understood why this is said, when a game ends up 11 against 10. I would love every team we play to have a man sent off. In fact 2 getting red carded is even better, it gives my team a more than better chance of winning. I actually enjoy it when an opposition player gets sent off, it never spoils it for me.

In fact, i dont think it spoils it for the vast majority. Next time it happens, just look at all the faces on the hibs fans, they will all be smiling, and some will be waving the player off like this.:bye: :greengrin

having played in alot of games i can tell you its harder aginst 9 or ten men,teams sit to banks of 4 or 5 and its very hard to break down.

so to counter what your saying,sendings off are not always the best thing to happen to your team

rubber mal
03-11-2009, 12:39 PM
"even though both teams were attempting to encourage a passing game"

Both teams? Really? I only saw one team trying to play football, the other was trying to stop them.

"hardly a strong tackle made throughout the forty-five minutes"

I counted three very bad tackles in the first half, all of which were punished with a booking.

"When cards are being dished out like confetti, players become afraid to make tackles for fear of reprisal"

I'm sorry, but at what point did they become afraid to make tackles? Maybe if they had they would have finished with 11 men on the pitch.

"Nine against eleven (perhaps make that twelve!) for the best part of half an hour means an unequal situation and one that is cheating the fans who pay good money to watch a competitive and balanced encounter."

:yawn:

Certainly looks like it.

What an embarrassment.

rubber mal
03-11-2009, 12:45 PM
having played in alot of games i can tell you its harder aginst 9 or ten men,teams sit to banks of 4 or 5 and its very hard to break down.

so to counter what your saying,sendings off are not always the best thing to happen to your team

Sorry, I just can't agree with that. If that was the case surely we'd get a player sent off in the first minute of every game.

--------
03-11-2009, 12:50 PM

Some of Ian's fellow-professionals who have had the doubtful privilege of playing against Aberdeen this season may JUST feel that a wee bit of justice was done on Saturday - I'm referring to the red cards which were both well-deserved, but also to the fact that wee innocent FF was actually putting himself about fairly unscrupulously throughout the game against us, as he has done on previous occasions when he's played.

He fell awkwardly - a more experienced player would probably have ridden the tackle quite safely.

And he's not a martyr - he's just a very naughty boy.

Mon Dieu4
03-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Some of Ian's fellow-professionals who have had the doubtful privilege of playing against Aberdeen this season may JUST feel that a wee bit of justice was done on Saturday - I'm referring to the red cards which were both well-deserved, but also to the fact that wee innocent FF was actually putting himself about fairly unscrupulously throughout the game against us, as he has done on previous occasions when he's played.

He fell awkwardly - a more experienced player would probably have ridden the tackle quite safely.

And he's not a martyr - he's just a very naughty boy.

Im sure Ian is shoiting himself at the prospect of fellow professionals being out to get him. :faf:

Jack
03-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Chuck in another couple of sixpence (that’s inflation!) worth’s. I consider both red card incidents to merit the second yellow and the straight red.

On Murray, the tackle was excessively late, the player had ample time to avoid the tackle and obviously chose not to. It wasn’t even close to being following through because of momentum. Malicious with intent.

On McBride, it wasn’t as though the boy even went for the ball (if that was the case then he was so inaccurate with his lunge he isn’t even competent enough to play amateur football never mind as a professional). It was a direct aim at McBride’s leg from just above the ankle running down/crunching on to the ankle. Malicious with intent.

The earlier ‘tackle’ on Riorden was equally as late, foot kept deliberately high with his leg straight to inflict maximum damage, as has been said Deeks only avoided being taken out on the wing later with a similar tackle by high jumping over it. Malicious with intent X 2.

I’m only glad Zammama went off when he did, I wouldn’t have wanted to loose him for the rest of the season to these thugs.

Aberdeen FC disappointing [Scottish] football since McGhee took over.

brythehibby
03-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Its now tuesday and the whinging aberdeen are still going on about decisions on saturday which were CORRECT!!

Just read Miller's comments on BBC, "I'd like to see refs get to half time without any bookings" then i watched both players tackles which earned the first yellows, they are both shocking!! Both could have walked on another day with a different ref they were nowhere near the ball.

Aberdeen/McGhee are making it sound like they were cheated, the thing is there deluded supporters will believe this s***e instead if realising McGhee will do anything to cover himself when something goes wrong.

Aberdeen - Bitter greetin faced :asshole:

givescotlandfreedom
03-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Its now tuesday and the whinging aberdeen are still going on about decisions on saturday which were CORRECT!!

Just read Miller's comments on BBC, "I'd like to see refs get to half time without any bookings" then i watched both players tackles which earned the first yellows, they are both shocking!! Both could have walked on another day with a different ref they were nowhere near the ball.

Aberdeen/McGhee are making it sound like they were cheated, the thing is there deluded supporters will believe this s***e instead if realising McGhee will do anything to cover himself when something goes wrong.

Dicks, I thought the one on Riordan was a discgusting tackle, leg deliberately left in high to catch his knee. The one on McBride was efectively a stamp on his ankle, leg left in and he has the experience to know what he's doing. The GFA should look at it again and give him a straight red retrospectively for the lunge at Riordan.

--------
03-11-2009, 01:06 PM

Does anyone remember him in the early 80's taking out a young Brian Rice at Pittodrie . The two footed lunge on the half way line was so late it was missed by the Ref as he was following the ball which was at the other end of the pitch. Rice was stretchered off and out for about 8 weeks unfortunately I don't think the match was televised so Miller got away with it.

Oh yes. :agree:

Yep remember it Miller was a cowardly player who was well capable of 'doing someone' in a tackle. He is speaking as if Murray meant to injure him anyone with eyes could see there was absolutely nothing in that tackle worth mentioning.

As you say. :agree:

And he was also one who regularly harassed and abused any official who gave any decision against Aberdeen.

Now WHO exactly was managing them at that time?

--------
03-11-2009, 01:09 PM

The only people who believe me when I tell them that the referee didn't get those cards wrong are Rangers fans who were at the game at Ibrox a couple of weeks back. :rolleyes:

brythehibby
03-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Dicks, I thought the one on Riordan was a discgusting tackle, leg deliberately left in high to catch his knee. The one on McBride was efectively a stamp on his ankle, leg left in and he has the experience to know what he's doing. The GFA should look at it again and give him a straight red retrospectively for the lunge at Riordan.

I didnt see any of the 2 on Riordan at the game and havent seen until today and didnt realise how bad they were. First one was awful, second he was lucky he jumped and seen it, it was knee height!! I know everyone has a bias towards the club they support but surely the sheep fans can see that the decisions were correct. I'm honest enough to say if that was against us i'd have no complaints. And with regards to murrays tackle, i seriously cant believe FOOTBALL fans think that was a bad tackle.

sean
03-11-2009, 02:19 PM

playing at a reasonably high level,i would suggest this is the case,if you ask many semi pro and pro players the same the would reitterate my thoughts.

anyway we are all intitled to our opinions

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 02:36 PM

No its not, and i'm pretty sure the stats will back me up on this.:confused:

Mag7
03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
What I want to know is, are the Aberdeen fans buying into these inane comments their club have issued?! It's mind-boggling that a club of Aberdeen's supposed stature would sink to such Romanov-esque outbursts. I can only imagine that what appeared on their official website was written in the heat of the moment and without seeing the TV footage of the game. The only vaguely debatable issue was Maurice Ross's second booking, but when you see it at full speed rather than in slow motion you get a better idea of how late he was and can fully understand why the referee thought it worthy of a booking. Otherwise, there was NOTHING controversial about any of the supposedly outrageous decisions Aberdeen have got so steamed up about.

What is really stupid about their reaction is that it encourages the less intelligent among their fans to fan the flames of a needless controversy around this fixture in future. Irresponsible behaviour in the extreme from a professional football club and I hope they are duly pulled up for it.

sean
03-11-2009, 02:57 PM
No its not, and i'm pretty sure the stats will back me up on this.:confused:

i said its harder to break teams down,in my personal opinion if a team gets 2 men sent off, they would go to 4-4 and have to banks of a flat four..i am guessing this is what aberdeen might have done saturday

usually when a team goes down to nine or ten men then the match becomes very narrow and players in the final third find it hard to break the opposition down as it then becomes conjested.

i never once stated that its harder to score a goal against a team of nine or ten but that infact it is harder to create lots of chances due to the formation most teams would then go on to adopt.also it seems we have scored 2 late goals which to me suggests it was hard to break the aberdeen team down?

yes the team with 11 players will have vast amounts of teratorial and ball possesion this again doesnt mean its any easier to score

Alicky Ranks
03-11-2009, 03:11 PM
What I want to know is, are the Aberdeen fans buying into these inane comments their club have issued?! It's mind-boggling that a club of Aberdeen's supposed stature would sink to such Romanov-esque outbursts. I can only imagine that what appeared on their official website was written in the heat of the moment and without seeing the TV footage of the game. The only vaguely debatable issue was Maurice Ross's second booking, but when you see it at full speed rather than in slow motion you get a better idea of how late he was and can fully understand why the referee thought it worthy of a booking. Otherwise, there was NOTHING controversial about any of the supposedly outrageous decisions Aberdeen have got so steamed up about.

What is really stupid about their reaction is that it encourages the less intelligent among their fans to fan the flames of a needless controversy around this fixture in future. Irresponsible behaviour in the extreme from a professional football club and I hope they are duly pulled up for it.

Not sure if this is the most popular Dons forum but many on here seem a bit embarrassed by the club's reaction and are more accepting of the referee's decisions. I'd certainly be embarrassed if Hibs released such a statement.

http://www.afc-chat.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25886

basehibby
03-11-2009, 03:30 PM
currently at work,i will view the highlights when i get home again,
i thought ross's challenge on riordan was a card,but didnt feel the tackle on mcbride merrited a sending off or a second booking,as i said i wasnt at the game and only seen the highlights so i stand corrected maybe the dons were just plain dirty.

i just know if it was my team or hibs,some of the bookings looked a tad soft

:confused: Sean - look again in slo-mo - McBrides shin actually starts to bend - he could have been very seriously injured FFS. It's an absolutely dreadful tackle and a red card was fully deserved.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 04:27 PM
i said its harder to break teams down,in my personal opinion if a team gets 2 men sent off, they would go to 4-4 and have to banks of a flat four..i am guessing this is what aberdeen might have done saturday

usually when a team goes down to nine or ten men then the match becomes very narrow and players in the final third find it hard to break the opposition down as it then becomes conjested.

i never once stated that its harder to score a goal against a team of nine or ten but that infact it is harder to create lots of chances due to the formation most teams would then go on to adopt.also it seems we have scored 2 late goals which to me suggests it was hard to break the aberdeen team down?

yes the team with 11 players will have vast amounts of teratorial and ball possesion this again doesnt mean its any easier to score

Again, show me the stats were teams have players sent off, and they are successful in those games? I can only think of the Garry O'Conner game where we have won when down a player, but there are many we have lost when down players. Teams might defend deeper, but by giving the opposition more of the ball, they invariably lose. And that does me fine.

HibbyAndy
03-11-2009, 04:35 PM
I remember Man city being 3-0 down at half time AND with 10 men at Spurs..they came out and WON the game 4-3.

Truly outrageous.

TornadoHibby
03-11-2009, 04:36 PM

Just read the article and this comment (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/mysun/comment/view.page?storyId=2711134&submissionId=1235599)on this in the online Sun!

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

hibbybrian
03-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Not sure if this is the most popular Dons forum but many on here seem a bit embarrassed by the club's reaction and are more accepting of the referee's decisions. I'd certainly be embarrassed if Hibs released such a statement.

http://www.afc-chat.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25886

Posted by dandydowser

Had a wee look through this thread and pleased that I'm not the only one disappointed by the statement on the Club website. Personally I think its pretty pathetic - I'm all for building a seige mentality (it was one of the strengths of the 80s that Fergie had us all believing the Weegie Mafia at the SFA, SFL and media were against us) but AFC could pick and choose their fights.

Now, some of you will know I'm a referee myself so perhaps me not agreeing with this statement is not surprising but lets look at what the referee had to judge the four tackles by Ross and Maguire against:

This is from the guidelines for referees contained in the Laws of The Game issued by the International Football Association Board:

"Careless, reckless, using excessive force

“Careless” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or that he acted without
precaution.
• No further disciplinary sanction is needed if a foul is judged to be careless

“Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent
• A player who plays in a reckless manner must be cautioned.

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.
• A player who uses excessive force must be sent off."

"There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour, e.g. if a player:
• commits in a reckless manner one of the seven offences that incur a direct free kick"

"A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.
Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

So there you have the instructions that all referees have to adhere to and its now down to the opinion of the referee if the tackles were careless, reckless or used excessive force.

In my opinion, having watched the BBC highlights (I was refereeing on Saturday and not at the match), both Ross' tackles were reckless, Maguire's first tackle is reckless and as to the second I'm in two minds but it was certainly at least reckless and thus deserving of a second caution. The only thing that is making me not 100% convinced that the straight red was warranted was the fact that the tackle wasn't made at speed. However I can see the reasoning for Stevie Nicholl's thinking.

SO on the basis of the instructions given to referees by the IFAB all the decisions that AFC are complaining about on the website were correct and we've no right to moan. Oh and hang on a tick who is the IFAB that issues the decisions to referees?

Well surprisingly not referees!

The IFAB who set and agree the Laws of football and advice and guidance to referees is composed of the FA, the SFA, the Welsh FAW and the Northern Irish IFA with one vote each and FIFA with four votes. Any proposal needs a 3/4 majority.

And representing the football associations are members of their general councils elected from amongst the members of the individual football associations.

SO if AFC have a problem with the guidance given to referees they better take it up with the people that our representative to the SFA (probably Duncan Fraser) voted onto the SFA Council and not moan about it on the Club's website (whilst failing to complain about the way Hibernian FC organised their matchday turnstile arrangements which I know was a complaint of many Dandies at the match)!

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I remember Man city being 3-0 down at half time AND with 10 men at Spurs..they came out and WON the game 4-3.

Truly outrageous.

Yip, thats another. They stick in the mind, because its so rare.

HibbyAndy
03-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Yip, thats another. They stick in the mind, because its so rare.

Gotta agree with you tho mate..i dont believe for one second its harder to break down 9/10 men than it is against 11 men.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 04:55 PM

Gotta agree with you tho mate..i dont believe for one second its harder to break down 9/10 men than it is against 11 men.

Exactly, its just a load of bollox. Ask any player if he'd rather play against 11 men or 10 in a cup final. I certainly now what my answer would be..

sean
03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Exactly, its just a load of bollox. Ask any player if he'd rather play against 11 men or 10 in a cup final. I certainly now what my answer would be..

you have definatly played at a higher level and defo know more about the game..al agree with you for arguments sake

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 05:05 PM
you have definatly played at a higher level and defo know more about the game..al agree with you for arguments sake

I have played nowhere near the standard hibs play at, but have played semi pro. Its just nonsense to say its harder to play against less men. If it was, we would do it every week. And managers would take players off pretending they were injured, just to gain that advantage.:wink:

Golden Bear
03-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Hugh Dallas is apparently "very comfortable" with the Ref's decisions on Saturday.

That's another one in the eye for Mcgoo and his mob.

lapsedhibee
03-11-2009, 06:10 PM

Didn't Uruguay once manage to hold us to 0-0 in a WC match by getting a player sent off in the first three minutes?

Jack
03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Hibs v Kilmarnock last season. Killie down to 10 men win 4 . 2 after having their keeper sent off?

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Just in the last week in the SPL.
Hibs 2 aberdeen 0 2 dons sent off
Motherwell 1 hearts 0 1 yam sent off.

GhostofBolivar
03-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Didn't Uruguay once manage to hold us to 0-0 in a WC match by getting a player sent off in the first three minutes?

Happened in '86. Uruguay should have had about 37 players sent off in that game.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Does anyone remember if aberdeen apologised for Neil Simpsons tackle on Ian Durrant? Fair do's it was on a hun though.:confused:

matty_f
04-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Aberdeen should definitely be putting out an apology to the referee, and also to Ian Murray, whose integrity as a professional footballer has been called into question by McGhee.

weecounty hibby
04-11-2009, 08:04 AM
I heard kenny Clark (ex ref) on the radio last night talking about the game and he started by saying that it was a smokescreen so the Mcgoo didn't have to talk about how rank his team are and how badly they are playing. He then went on to agree with every decision taken in the game including IMs tackle. There then followed interviews with Jack Ross, Gary Locke and Stephen Craigan and every one of them agreed with the decisions and commented on how IMs tackle was a good, honest challenge. Aberdeen are becoming a bit of a joke and will only get worse with Miller and Mcgoo in charge. Miller was a moaning faced **** as aplayer but people listened to him as a league, cup and CWC winning captain but he is now just a bit of an irrelevance who was put into a position at AFC to appease some of their fans.

Part/Time Supporter
04-11-2009, 08:23 AM

Happened in '86. Uruguay should have had about 37 players sent off in that game.

Aye, but the Uruguay manager reckoned that the referee should have got to half time without booking anyone.

:dizzy:

Jonnyboy
04-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Sorry if this has been said already but my eyes are squinting reading this whole thread :greengrin

Some of you seem to be suggesting that Ross was unlucky to get the second yellow because he made little or no contact with Murray's foot that was clearing the ball. Indeed there was little or no contact but that is not why he was booked. The card was shown because Ross made contact around ankle level with Murray's standing foot so the referee was spot on.

This whole fiasco does nothing for Scottish football except to bring it into disrepute. Numerous pundits and journalists have agreed with the punishment handed out to the Aberdeen players and have agreed that Ian's tackle on Fyvie was hard but fair. Aberdeen Football Club are making a total erse out of themselves with their official reaction and deserve to be fined for it. Additionally, hacks like Stuart Bathgate that hide their poor knowledge of the game behind sensationalism do not deserve the reaction they provoke.

As others have said there is a real danger that Murray will come under close scrutiny in future and that is wholly unjust because he did absolutely nothing wrong. I feel sorry for Fraser Fyvie, getting such an injury at the start of his promising career but it was not a deliberate act on Murray's part to hurt the laddie and the sooner AFC publicly acknowledge that the better.

Finally, I've no beef with the Dons fans as had the boot been on the other foot we'd have been outraged too. That's what fans do - they seethe :greengrin

Rant over and breathe :greengrin