View Full Version : Bamba - Bombscare or Brilliant

7Hero
30-10-2009, 10:18 PM
simple question.

Good or Not.

you either rate him or you dont.

danhibees1875
30-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Somewhere inbetween, I rate him as a good player for Hibs - but I wouldnt use the word brilliant as he can be prone to the odd moment of madness.

I think he will be a loss to the team if/when he leaves. :agree:

Ed De Gramo
30-10-2009, 10:32 PM
The Sol Train is superb :agree:

Yeah, he has his mad moments....but if he was perfect he wouldn't be at ER...

When he played in the Matty Jack role he was able to wrap his legs round the ball...cannae do that as much in centre half due to gaff prone refs...

WE'VE GOT SOL, WE'VE GOT SOL BAMBA!!!!!

Baldy
30-10-2009, 10:45 PM
he was brilliant in Midfield but is a bombscare at CH

James Connolly
30-10-2009, 10:48 PM
He can be brilliant & a bombscare in the space of a few seconds; personally think he's starting to cut out the silly mistakes in his game.

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Bamba dominates the Midfield at SPL level IMO.

Thats why he'll do at least "ok" in the EPL.

But I reckon he'll improve even more down there with even more high tech training facilities.

Jack
30-10-2009, 10:53 PM
He can be brilliant & a bombscare in the space of a few seconds; personally think he's starting to cut out the silly mistakes in his game.

Thats Big Sol!

fife hfc
30-10-2009, 11:22 PM
bamba a bombscare at CH:confused: what the **** do some fans watch. without him in the defence we would have no defence. he makes the same number of mistakes as any other defender in the SPL makes and he is starting to minimize them.

People need to get real. Hibs players will make mistakes and that is the reason they play at Hibs and not a higher level. They may be great at times but are not perfect. As for Bamba he has the potential to play for Blackburn and with a couple of years more experience he will make less and less errors ( he is only 24) and become a EPL defender. I certainly will enjoy watching him as long as we have him.

brydekirk
30-10-2009, 11:29 PM
simple question.

Good or Not.

you either rate him or you dont.

OK whats the answer :dizzy:

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2009, 12:06 AM
A bombscare at centre half. :faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

HibeePatrick
31-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Think some of his tackles are exceptional but still not sure about his heading or passing. Has begun to cut out the bombscares but still think he is giving away at least one goal scoring chance per game.

zlatan
31-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Been a delight to watch since his debut in midfield even though he eventually got sent off.

Much love for Solly B.

silverhibee
31-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Good player who will get better with each game. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Best centre half we have had in a very long time.

el capitano
31-10-2009, 12:38 AM

i like the way he plays and enjoy watching him but hes not as good a defender as jones was. i think he could be but not yet.

also dont think that jones or bamba are anywhere near the standard of defender that mcleish had at hibs but thats a different discussion altogether

Hibercelona
31-10-2009, 12:43 AM
i like the way he plays and enjoy watching him but hes not as good a defender as jones was. i think he could be but not yet.

also dont think that jones or bamba are anywhere near the standard of defender that mcleish had at hibs but thats a different discussion altogether

We had rather poor defenders under McLeish IMO.

It was "The Legend" that made all the other defenders look half decent. :cool2:

el capitano
31-10-2009, 12:53 AM
We had rather poor defenders under McLeish IMO.

It was "The Legend" that made all the other defenders look half decent. :cool2:

smith, fenwick and laursen were all internationals but i agree sauzee beein there worked brilliantly. our defence then was solid, were nowhere near that just now imo

basehibby
31-10-2009, 01:48 AM
Oh - come on - he's both!

More often brilliant if played in his strongset positions - but always capable of the odd bombscare moment. I notice some talk of EPL interest and it doesn't surprise me given their penchant for athletic prowess which Sol certainly has in abundance.
Personally I think he'd be better off sticking around for another season after this and improving his game by playing regularly at a good level - probably better for the club and the player in the long term, although money talks :rolleyes:

7Hero
31-10-2009, 07:26 AM

its funny how we can have opposite views as fans, i think he is iutter tosh at cb.

the younger the poster the more brilliant bamba is too (well apart form BH lol)

ronaldo7
31-10-2009, 07:42 AM
He can have his moments but he's the best CH we have at the club at the moment imo, and will only improve with Yogi as his Manager.

He was great as the holding mid last season but needs must and we need him at the back for now.

Big Sol for Blackburn only after some silverware at ER:greengrin

:notworthy:

Mikey
31-10-2009, 07:46 AM
But I reckon he'll improve even more down there with even more high tech training facilities.

Have you been to the Training Centre? There won't be that many Premiership clubs with better and who's to say he'd end up at one of those clubs :wink:

PeeJay
31-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Bamba's currently nothing but an average player "in the scheme of things". Of course, at ER and in the SPL he looks "great" at times, but he makes far too many mistakes, but then he's a young guy, he will improve - good luck to him.

Hibs90
31-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Bamba is one of Hibs best players, just behind Zemmama and Deeks IMO.

Makes his mistakes but so does every other player.

Winston Ingram
31-10-2009, 09:23 AM
where is the 'both' option

I still think he's a much better CM:agree:

jdships
31-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Bamba dominates the Midfield at SPL level IMO.

Thats why he'll do at least "ok" in the EPL.

You are joking of course ?
Have you paid a visit to EM ?
Do you know rep's of at least seven English league clubs have visited EM since it opened ? :confused:

Expecting Rain
31-10-2009, 09:31 AM
I think he`s a player that is growing in stature and with the right players beside him at right back and centre back he`ll get even better, a very important player at the moment still prone to the odd rush of blood and mad moments but developing in to a fine player and doing very well since replacing Jones, i`m fussy but with Riordan taking the corners i`d like to see Sol get his name on the scoresheet a bit more often, hopefully today.

Big90inOz
31-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Good player with all the attributes to play at the top level, getting better with each game :agree:

The guy attacks the ball, has fantastic acceleration and is strong as an ox.

The sad reality is most fans only remember defensive errors regardless of all the good play.

Would still like to see Bamba and Murray in the middle.

:notworthy::notworthy:

Pete70
31-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Good player with all the attributes to play at the top level, getting better with each game :agree:

The guy attacks the ball, has fantastic acceleration and is strong as an ox.

The sad reality is most fans only remember defensive errors regardless of all the good play.

Would still like to see Bamba and Murray in the middle.

:notworthy::notworthy:

Agree 100%.

He seems to be a natural right sided CH and if played in that position with Murray on his left and a decent RB he will could become a great player

Golden Bear
31-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Put it like this this:- I'd rather he was in my team than be playing against him!

I suspect that a lot of SPL strikers will concur with this view!

ronaldo7
31-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Super SOL BAMBA:thumbsup::notworthy: