PDA

View Full Version : This team in five years

jakedance
30-10-2009, 09:18 PM
I was just on the other thread about Bamba and it got me thinking about where our current squad of players could be in five years time.

I think Bamba is Premiership bound. He's got a massive season ahead with the World Cup and African Cup of Nations so if he does well the skys the limit. If he proves himself at those levels then we could be in for crazy money for him too.

Zemmamma has to be the best player in Scotland since he's come back in. Better than he was in his first spell. I could see him in the Premiership. Why not?

Have Deek, Murray, Stokes and Miller all found their levels after dropping down a level?

Will Benji secure his place at Real Madrid as the natural successor to Raul?

Will Yogi be building a footballing dynasty or will be be off to the first upper championship team that come knocking?

I suppose a fair few will drop down the leagues. It doesn't happen very often these days but could any of them be at Hibs for the rest of their careers?

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Zooma ends up somewhere in "La Liga" in the not too distant future...

For a healthy sum of course. :cool2:

AK86
30-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I think Miller is the class act out them all, and could play at a higher level if he keeps his head right
Bamba , possibly , his physique lends itself to top leagues, and he has talent but there something just not quite top grade about him
Zemmama and Deek , both fantastic players in their own way, but physical and mental strength could be their shortcomings
Benji, the least likely for me to step up
Stokes, if he goes on a scoring spree like he did at falkirk then somebody else will take a chance on him

Lets hope we can hold on to most of them for a few years. We could rattle a few cages:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
30-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I reckon we'll be a team in transition in 5 years time.

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 09:50 PM
I reckon we'll be a team in transition in 5 years time.

Do you mean a transition to another league?

Or transition as in we will reach a new level in the SPL?

7Hero
30-10-2009, 09:58 PM
i must be missing something but i think bamba is nowhere near premiership, not now, not in 5 years time.

reality needs to bite for a lot of posters on hibs.net.

jakedance
30-10-2009, 10:13 PM
i must be missing something but i think bamba is nowhere near premiership, not now, not in 5 years time.

I don't see why not. He's the right physique, travels with the ball well, good control, fearless, reads the game. Like I've said before, he needs to keep improving, but he could certainly be good enough for midway to lower down the Premiership.

If he doesn't look out of place at the African Cup of Nations (where Ivory Coast are favourites I think) and the World Cup then why shouldn't he be good enough for the Premiership?

brydekirk
31-10-2009, 12:09 AM
I think Miller is the class act out them all, and could play at a higher level if he keeps his head right
Bamba , possibly , his physique lends itself to top leagues, and he has talent but there something just not quite top grade about him
Zemmama and Deek , both fantastic players in their own way, but physical and mental strength could be their shortcomings
Benji, the least likely for me to step up
Stokes, if he goes on a scoring spree like he did at falkirk then somebody else will take a chance on him

Lets hope we can hold on to most of them for a few years. We could rattle a few cages:agree:

totally agree. bamba is playing out his skin because he thinks liverpool want him. good luck i say . yogi is bang on, he wants players who will play for HIBS not for there next move.:agree:

Hibs90
31-10-2009, 09:45 AM

Just jealous because Hearts don't have a player of Bamba's standard?:jamboak:

Hibs90
01-11-2009, 10:24 AM

Well, how did the mighty Hearts get on at Motherwell?

hibeeleicester
01-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Hes not a hearts fan? :confused: