PDA

View Full Version : Bamba says Blackburn are in for him

Winston Ingram
30-10-2009, 07:33 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5662221,00.html?

matty_f
30-10-2009, 07:37 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5662221,00.html?

Fair play to him. :agree: Good that he points out that he is happy at Hibs but I don't think anyone can grudge him his ambitions. I actually don't think he's ready for the Premiership yet, but he will get there sooner rather than later.

Hopefully we'll keep him til the summer at least.

FraserHFC
30-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Samba has made 40 appearances for Hibs since joining from Dunfermline Athletic last year and is under contract at Easter Road until 2011.

:yawn:

Bishop Hibee
30-10-2009, 07:40 PM
He can leave at the end of the season for a nice fat fee after impressing in the WC hopefully. Bidding to start at £1.5m if he plays and Ivory Coast do well.

Westie1875
30-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Bamba should keep his mouth shut about stuff like this. Last time it was Liverpool :rolleyes: now its Blackburn, forget about it and focus on Hibs.

Hanny
30-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Fair play to him. :agree: Good that he points out that he is happy at Hibs but I don't think anyone can grudge him his ambitions. I actually don't think he's ready for the Premiership yet, but he will get there sooner rather than later.

Hopefully we'll keep him til the summer at least.

:agree:

He knows he can play at a higher level, but he realises that it's only going to happen if he continues to perform for Hibs.

We shouldn't have a problem with good players using the SPL as a springboard as long as they give 100% when they're here.

Hainan Hibs
30-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I think he should keep the puss shut until he has done something impressive with Hibs i.e Won something.

Woody70x2
30-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Samba and Bamba at the back :shocked:

hibs0666
30-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Deary me. (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5662221,00.html?)

Winston Ingram
30-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I think he's talkin p1sh again:agree:

Beefster
30-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Methinks Bamba has a wee bit of an ego.

I hope Rodders can see the benefit of keeping him until after the World Cup.

hibsbollah
30-10-2009, 08:56 PM
The OP should read 'Bamba says Blackburn were in for him'.

No big deal. He's on a contract.

Badge
30-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Methinks Bamba has a wee bit of an ego.

I hope Rodders can see the benefit of keeping him until after the World Cup.

Do you really think that won't have crossed his mind? It's thanks to him we're in the position we are. He will know exactly what he's doing.

MyJo
30-10-2009, 09:01 PM
i dont begrudge bamba aiming to play in the premiership at all, he could be acting like thomson by greetin to the papers about how horrible hibs are and whoring himself to the old firm. I have no problems at all with signing bamba for a modest fee him proving his quality and working hard for hibs for two seasons then leaving for a decent fee to the EPL but i think our best option would be to keep the big man until the summer and get barr in january to cover while sol is at the ANC.

jakedance
30-10-2009, 09:02 PM
I think he's got what it takes to play in the Premiership. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ended up at a bigger club than any of the other players we've flogged. He needs to improve a lot but you can see he has the attributes. He needs to cut out giving away stupid free kicks and concentrate more in possession, his passing can be woeful at times.

Hopefully with the big clubs watching him and a world cup at the end of the season he has the best possible motivation to consistently put in big performances. Its potentially a career defining season for him.

I don't think Hibs would sell him in January, unless the offer was crazy. It'll be dealt with like we dealt with Broony, although hopefully Bamba can be a bit more dignified.

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Don't get some of the negative comments on this thread.

He's being open and honest. And thats something I respect from a player.

He stated he was supposed to be moving to Blackburn, but didn't due to international duty. But he also states that he's quite happy being at Hibs.

When he does move down south (which I expect will be soon) I wish him all the best. He's done a fantastic job at Hibs. I can't fault the guy for his performances or his comments.

I can see us getting a fairly decent fee for big Sol & think he will make a name for himself down there.

Harpandcastle
30-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I would not be surprised if there was truth in this, he strolled through the pre season game against them and I would imagine they would have kept tabs on him since.

H18Y GW
30-10-2009, 09:39 PM
i dont begrudge bamba aiming to play in the premiership at all, he could be acting like thomson by greetin to the papers about how horrible hibs are and whoring himself to the old firm. I have no problems at all with signing bamba for a modest fee him proving his quality and working hard for hibs for two seasons then leaving for a decent fee to the EPL but i think our best option would be to keep the big man until the summer and get barr in january to cover while sol is at the ANC.

If Barr comes in,he wont be needed back as Barr can defend and play.

Bamba has been decent 1 on 1 like v Kyle,but regarding clever sharp strikers he will be ****ed.

7Hero
30-10-2009, 10:14 PM
look bamba mate, first of all you are not premiership class, secondly stop taking the piss by stating premiership clubs are in for you. i for one woul dlove to see you leave to free up funds for a central defender who can pass the ball, head the ball and tackle without fearing a card. darren barr any day please...

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 10:17 PM
look bamba mate, first of all you are not premiership class, secondly stop taking the piss by stating premiership clubs are in for you. i for one woul dlove to see you leave to free up funds for a central defender who can pass the ball, head the ball and tackle without fearing a card. darren barr any day please...

Aye... Thats right.

Blackburn aren't in for him, he just felt like making it up. :rolleyes:

Bamba is heading for the EPL and he's going to do well there. :bye:

Love the new smiley by the way! :notworthy:

:thumbsup:

7Hero
30-10-2009, 10:22 PM

Aye... Thats right.

hes making it up, dont worry wee man, one day you will work it out.. lol

and enough of the yawns and the bye bye smileys... they dont mean ****..

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 10:24 PM
hes making it up, dont worry wee man, one day you will work it out.. lol

and enough of the yawns and the bye bye smileys... they dont mean ****..

Is that you in your avatar?

It would seem so. :cool2:

Judas Iscariot
30-10-2009, 10:41 PM

Sniff sniff

HibeePatrick
31-10-2009, 12:05 AM
I must say I still amn't fully convinced bamba is of SPL quality let alone EPL...

Hopefully proves me wrong tomorrow though

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2009, 12:11 AM
I said at the start of this season, Bamba would play in the EPL. Some people laughed when i said we should make the most of him while we have him. He will play in the premiership, whether its Blackburn or someone else. FFS Liverpool signed that huddy that used to play for the huns, Kyriagos (sp)

brydekirk
31-10-2009, 12:14 AM
I said at the start of this season, Bamba would play in the EPL. Some people laughed when i said we should make the most of him while we have him. He will play in the premiership, whether its Blackburn or someone else. FFS Liverpool signed that huddy that used to play for the huns, Kyriagos (sp)

:faf::faf::faf:

blackpoolhibs
31-10-2009, 12:16 AM
:faf::faf::faf:

I will bring this thread back up next summer.:greengrin

silverhibee
31-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Did mention that Bamba was down at Blackburn at the last transfer window having a look round the club, the night wee played Brechin.
I think Bamba could do okay in the Premiership, but if he were to be sold this window coming then Rod will get us the going rate for him, and could give Yogi some money to spend in January on a couple of defenders that Hibs badly need.

jgl07
31-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Did mention that Bamba was down at Blackburn at the last transfer window having a look round the club, the night wee played Brechin.
I think Bamba could do okay in the Premiership, but if he were to be sold this window coming then Rod will get us the going rate for him, and could give Yogi some money to spend in January on a couple of defenders that Hibs badly need.
I will be surprised if he moves in January as he will be away for a month in the African Cup of Nations.

Maybe Hibs need to sign a replacement in the window to provide cover for January and then sell Bamba after the World Cup.

basehibby
31-10-2009, 02:23 AM
He can leave at the end of the season for a nice fat fee after impressing in the WC hopefully. Bidding to start at £1.5m if he plays and Ivory Coast do well.

:agree: I think football wise he'd be better hanging on at Hibs for another season after this one and learning the lessons that regular football will bring him - that said I wouldn't blame him if his head was turned by some of the oversized cheques being waved about down south.
From the quotes in the article Sol doesn't want the grass to grow under his feet - well if I were Rod P I'd be telling Sol to cool his jets cos he won't be going anywhere until he's at least played for his country in the WC - that would maximise his transfer value to Hibs as well as ensuring we could still enjoy his talents and contribution til the end of the season.

Hiber-nation
31-10-2009, 08:33 AM

Naw, lets actually sign John Terry. Or maybe he gives the ball away too much for your liking as well?

hibiedude
31-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Bamba should spend less thinking and more time proving he is worth a move to the EPL.

First it was Liverpool now Blackburn :yawn:

Hibs90
31-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Bamba is a EPL player. He would shine down south IMO.

and 7Hero or whatever yer name is... :jamboak:

Richard Scott
31-10-2009, 12:45 PM
He's gone and done it again :bitchy: He needs to keep his trap shut and earn his move when Hibs see fit :bitchy:

Cool_Hand_Luke
31-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Was at the Chelsea v Blackburn game last week and Blackburn were gash...big Sol should be setting his sights higher than them :agree:

Dashing Bob S
31-10-2009, 02:17 PM

I don't know why people laughed. Stevie Wonder can see that he's the perfect Premiership player, big, strong and athletic. In the preseason games Blackburn and Bolton had entire teams of (more limited) Bamba's.

It's inevitable he'll be down there.

Petrie's Tache
31-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Bamba away and use the money to bring in Caddis, Barr, Anderson and Smith.

Phil MaGlass
31-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Good luck tae him but ah hope we hold onto him until after the world cup,especially when you see the stupid fees that are paid for average players after the WC,millions dished out willy nilly.Could be in for a decent pay day,but that all depends on when his contract is up in 2011?then he could be signed for nowt.

Bob1875
31-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Bamba away and use the money to bring in Caddis, Barr, Anderson and Smith.

Seriously, what planet to some fans live on!

CRAZYHIBBY
31-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Personnaly i think its about time he ****ed off , im sick of hearing him tout himself to english clubs every week:grr:

Petrie's Tache
31-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Seriously, what planet to some fans live on!

Care to explain?:confused:

Petrie's Tache
31-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Well?

I can see you!!:wink:

Petrie's Tache
01-11-2009, 09:21 AM
:bye:Sack

blackpoolhibs
01-11-2009, 10:40 AM
He's gone and done it again :bitchy: He needs to keep his trap shut and earn his move when Hibs see fit :bitchy:

You see, when a player is asked a question, we seem to get the right hump when they decieve us with the usual crap they come out with, I'm going nowhere, we will talk about it at the end of the season sheite. Yet when they tell the truth, they need to keep their mouth shut. Very strange. A blind man can see he's going to the EPL, we will get decent money for him, we will strengthen the squad with the money. Some of us need to get our heads out our erse's.

BEEJ
01-11-2009, 01:04 PM

I will be surprised if he moves in January as he will be away for a month in the African Cup of Nations.

Maybe Hibs need to sign a replacement in the window to provide cover for January and then sell Bamba after the World Cup.
Here's one possible January transfer window scenario :wink::

1) Day one: Barr of Falkirk announces pre-contract deal with Hibs
2) Week one: Hibs sign a CB (eg Anderson) on a short-term deal with possibility of extension.
3) Bamba goes off to the African Nations Cup (ANC).
4) As the end of the window approaches Falkirk accept a £100k offer and Barr moves to Hibs.
5) Bamba returns from the ANC in one piece just prior to the end of the window and his transfer to an EPL side is announced for £2m. (Dunfermline Athletic FC are as thrilled as Hibs at this piece of news. :greengrin)

Well I did say it was just one possible scenario......

--------
01-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Don't get some of the negative comments on this thread.

He's being open and honest. And thats something I respect from a player.

He stated he was supposed to be moving to Blackburn, but didn't due to international duty. But he also states that he's quite happy being at Hibs.

When he does move down south (which I expect will be soon) I wish him all the best. He's done a fantastic job at Hibs. I can't fault the guy for his performances or his comments.

I can see us getting a fairly decent fee for big Sol & think he will make a name for himself down there.

What I read from this is that Sol has his eye on the long-term and on going as far as he can in the game. He chose to play for his country knowing that that would set back any deal with an EPL club, and has stated he's happy to be at Hibs. His international career has progressed well since the start of this season. Maybe he's intelligent enough to realise that if he bides his time, a better offer than Blackburn will come along?

The reason he's been asked is probably because he's now first-choice centre-back in a team that's one of the favourites for the African Nations Cup. His team-mates are playing in the EPL and the Champions' League. Personally, I think Sol would grace a better team than Blackburn Rovers.

As said - if he's asked the question and comes out with the "I'm at Hibs as long as they want me" rubbish (remember McLeish?) we don't believe him and give him pelters. Here the guy gives an open honest answer - which makes it clear that he's happy and content with things as they are at Hibs - and we tell him to shut his gob. :rolleyes:

lucky
01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
I think if he plays well for Hibs and at ANC and world cup then Hibs will get £3m+ for him. No way will Hibs sell in January. His price will go up after the ANC and WC. Also who is going to buy a player who will be away for 4-6 weeks. If Blackburn or any other EPL club fight relegation bring in players it would to play right away.

Ed De Gramo
01-11-2009, 03:08 PM
I think we should enjoy seeing big Sol while we can

A great player with a big future and he defo has EPL attributes :agree:

If Ivory Coast have a great world cup (and Sol plays) then his value will rocket

rightwinger
01-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I would like the security of Bamba signing an extension.

That said, Riordan, Miller, Bamba and Zemmama are all signed until 2011 so it's not something to fret about this season. Half the team being out of contract at the end of the season helped derail us in the 6-2 season but its not a pressing issue now.

The fact that the OF are short of dough also helps considerably. Blackburn signing Bamba from Hibs isn't a big story up here or down there and, although increased speculation tends to increase the fee, that's still a good thing.

I think Murray's out of contract at the end of the season and should be a priority - out of appreciation as much as anything else. Given his age, injury history and experience at Rangers, however, I'd hope he's very much odd's on to stay. I'm not sure what the script is with Zemmama and the Webster ruling. In an ideal word, Miller would be on a longer deal as his class will attract several suitors sooner or later.

Back to Bamba, I think he's doing really well. He's not the perfect defender but his physical attributes make up for so much. His reading of the game isn't great, but its noticeable what you can get away with in the SPL when you're tall, strong and quick. Contrast that to the likes of Hogg and Gary Caldwell - small-ish, lightweight, and not particularly pacy - every mistake they make gets punished whereas Bamba can recover right away. I don't know much about him so I don't want to make confident statements, but Barr may fall into the Hogg/Caldwell category - although he could be the answer at right-back.

It would be nice if the days of us selling players are gone. The money was brilliant and Petrie made a point to bigger clubs that they'd have to pay through the nose for our players. We're now in the position where we don't have to sell and the clubs most likely to want our players don't have the money. First time around, Riordan scored goals right up to his last game and Murray captained us to third in his last game. If Bamba and Miller etc go on Bosman's and give us great service until they go, that's fine with me.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Bamba should keep his mouth shut about stuff like this. Last time it was Liverpool :rolleyes: now its Blackburn, forget about it and focus on Hibs.

At this rate, by next May, it'll be Gateshead.................. :greengrin

fife hfc
01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
I think we should enjoy seeing big Sol while we can

A great player with a big future and he defo has EPL attributes :agree:

If Ivory Coast have a great world cup (and Sol plays) then his value will rocket

:agree: As blackpoolhibs says bamba will end up in the Premiership as he has all the attributes EPL teams look for in a defender. I believe he would do well in england and all he has done has told us that Blackburn wanted to sign him, they came in for him not him touting himself to them.

Anyway he has to stay until the end of the season as I have just sponsored his boots for my son:greengrin

scoopyboy
01-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I think if he plays well for Hibs and at ANC and world cup then Hibs will get £3m+ for him. No way will Hibs sell in January. His price will go up after the ANC and WC. Also who is going to buy a player who will be away for 4-6 weeks. If Blackburn or any other EPL club fight relegation bring in players it would to play right away.

This away for up to six weeks is absolute nonsense.

ANC is from 10th January to the 31st.

Golden Bear
01-11-2009, 06:06 PM

Fingers crossed for a few postponements in January then.

:wink:

bingo70
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM

I think that Ivory Coast are wanting the players involved in the ANC to go to a training camp before it, not sure how long this training camp is for but that might explain the 6 weeks story.

With regards to him joining Blackburn, i've no problem with what he says, i don't understand why him being on international duty would stop him signing though? I'm sure whatever country he was going to has fax machines.

scoopyboy
01-11-2009, 07:17 PM
I think that Ivory Coast are wanting the players involved in the ANC to go to a training camp before it, not sure how long this training camp is for but that might explain the 6 weeks story.

With regards to him joining Blackburn, i've no problem with what he says, i don't understand why him being on international duty would stop him signing though? I'm sure whatever country he was going to has fax machines.

Can you imagine Chelsea being without Kalou and Drogba for 6 weeks, no chance will it happen.

One of our games wnen he is away is a Scottich cup tie, an easy draw would help.

H18Y GW
27-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Well what are the thoughts now ..

Take 8m from any of the EPL clubs still circling lol

Newhaven
27-12-2010, 08:02 AM

Why have you bumped this thread from almost 14 months ago :confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2010, 08:02 AM

?

H18Y GW
27-12-2010, 08:06 AM
?

Read the thread not the post !!!!

hibiedude
27-12-2010, 08:23 AM
I think he should keep the puss shut until he has done something impressive with Hibs i.e Won something.

It wasn't that long ago that he was saying Liverpool were interested I wish he would keep his mouth shut till he does something at Hibs.

Newhaven
27-12-2010, 08:26 AM
You've lost me on this one - good luck though

Hibernia Na Eir
27-12-2010, 08:44 AM
please let this be true and leave. One of many to get shifted. The guy is rank :agree:

£50k he cost and that's the level of worth he still is. No more.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 08:45 AM
please let this be true and leave. One of many to get shifted. The guy is rank :agree:

:faf:

Cropley10
27-12-2010, 08:47 AM

What is that ridiculous avitar??

hibiedude
27-12-2010, 08:51 AM

Bamba has been one of our better players and was missed yesterday against the Dons

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I have to say this board gets funnier and funnier by the day. More and more folk want rid of ever bit of quality we have, in favour of more hammer throwers like Murray and Rankin. And people wonder why we are struggling at the wrong end of the table? :faf::faf:

Hibernia Na Eir
27-12-2010, 08:53 AM

So you are attracted to players who continually make errors (sometimes major), look like a Kabul bomscare and enjoy talking themseleves up to be someone they are not?

Nothing ive seen suggests to me he is of any great quality. He may have the height and physique that Hibs have lacked over the years, but sadly he's devoid of any class and his departure will be Hibs' gain.

hibiedude
27-12-2010, 09:02 AM
I have to say this board gets funnier and funnier by the day. More and more folk want rid of ever bit of quality we have, in favour of more hammer throwers like Murray and Rankin. And people wonder why we are struggling at the wrong end of the table? :faf::faf:

I wouldn't add Murray to that list BH I think he's a good player when the team is confidant

A bit Like R01rdan they can't do it all themselves and Murray has to rely on Hogg when Ian goes charging up the field.

H18Y GW
27-12-2010, 10:09 AM
What is that ridiculous avitar??

WTF has it to do with you pray tell, are you the Avatar police !!!

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 10:12 AM
So you are attracted to players who continually make errors (sometimes major), look like a Kabul bomscare and enjoy talking themseleves up to be someone they are not?

Nothing ive seen suggests to me he is of any great quality. He may have the height and physique that Hibs have lacked over the years, but sadly he's devoid of any class and his departure will be Hibs' gain.

As was seen yesterday.:faf:

H18Y GW
27-12-2010, 10:14 AM
You've lost me on this one - good luck though

It's more an irony post, from what was to what is !!

He is and always has been hopeless and the complete lack of intrest in a poor player that Many Hibs fans had as an 8m pound Epl I feel should be brought back up and giggled at, he had a great world cup as he never got 1 minute, if he had played his stock would be totally worthless .

He is a liability IMO .

Hope it helps.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 10:16 AM
I wouldn't add Murray to that list BH I think he's a good player when the team is confidant

A bit Like R01rdan they can't do it all themselves and Murray has to rely on Hogg when Ian goes charging up the field.

Murrays finished in my opinion, nae pace, nae ability but can clatter into a player now and then. When you think our midfield only a few years ago was Brown Thompson Boozy and Stewart or Sproule. Now we have folk waxing lyrical over a clogger like Murray?

Cropley10
27-12-2010, 10:17 AM
WTF has it to do with you pray tell, are you the Avatar police !!!

:troll:

LTYF

jdships
27-12-2010, 10:17 AM

Sorry but the Murray I am watching in 12/10 is nothing like the player we expect him to be.
Short of at least a yard of pace for a start
Wouldn't be missed IMO
Bamba for me is one of these players that is a better player the better the side is playing.

:hmmm:

H18Y GW
27-12-2010, 10:20 AM
:troll:

LTYF

Lol

It's Richard your name yeah,I take it most people shorten it whilst talking about you .

WindyMiller
27-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Sorry but the Murray I am watching in 12/10 is nothing like the player we expect him to be.
Wouldn't be missed IMO
Bamba for me is one of these players that is a better player the better the side is playing.

Unfortunately Mr Ships, I've heard that said of every decent player we think we have. We don't seem to have any players that can help the poorer ones play better and that, for me is where our problems lie.
How do we find a player who will pull his poorer colleagues along with him and help the better ones play to their potential?
:confused:

SkintHibby
27-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Blackpool Hibs, you don't half come away with some pish son!

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 10:48 AM
Blackpool Hibs, you don't half come away with some pish son!

I'm all ears.

Hibbyradge
27-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm all ears.

And belly.

just_joe
27-12-2010, 11:29 AM

Aye... Thats right.

Is this a joke? If not get your head examined. Bamba is nothing but a prima donna. The guy can say hes happy at Hibs all he wants but im sure the majority of us know hes talkin p!ish. Let him leave. Bamba will do nothing in the premiership hes enough of a bombscare at SPL level. The sooner him and Hogg are punted the better..

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 11:34 AM
And belly.

I know Dave, I'm in London at my kids for xmas, have you ever had an Italian xmas? 30 courses at least, every 2nd one has some sort of pasta in it. These Italians just wont take no for an answer. The trousers are operating with the top button open at the moment.:greengrin I am glad to be leaving this afternoon, just to get back to the normality of 5 meals a day. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
27-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Can't see how anyone can dispute BH's assessment of Murray. Excellent player in his day, and fine servant, but he's way past his best now, though, to be fair, this is excellently disguised by the stunning ineptness around him.

BEEJ
27-12-2010, 11:58 AM
It's more an irony post, from what was to what is !!

He is and always has been hopeless and the complete lack of intrest in a poor player that Many Hibs fans had as an 8m pound Epl I feel should be brought back up and giggled at, he had a great world cup as he never got 1 minute, if he had played his stock would be totally worthless .

He is a liability IMO .

Hope it helps.
That's a terrific piece of research you've done there.

Dig around for a thread that's over a year old and resurrect it in order to:

embarrass posters who commented on it (using the benefit of hindsight)
use it as a basis for ridiculing one of the better players in our squad.

Surely we have enough to moan about today (focussing on the performance yesterday) without folks helpfully digging around for dirt on other squad members?

What possible satisfaction can you derive from this as a Hibs supporter and what could have been your motivation, I wonder?

Highly dubious.

jdships
27-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately Mr Ships, I've heard that said of every decent player we think we have. We don't seem to have any players that can help the poorer ones play better and that, for me is where our problems lie.
How do we find a player who will pull his poorer colleagues along with him and help the better ones play to their potential?
:confused:

I have been suggesting for a number of years that money spent on two quality players ala Sauzee/Latepy would have had the potential to bring on the younger players coming from U19's
We possibly have missed the boat given that the confidence is so low it will now take
" major surgery" to repair the damage

We can only wait and hope , :flag:

Hibs90
27-12-2010, 12:18 PM

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2010, 12:27 PM
This is Sol at his best.......should he no be "no commenting" because he's got a job on his hands here at Hibernian, which is to save us from relegation?:rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2010, 12:49 PM
This is Sol at his best.......should he no be "no commenting" because he's got a job on his hands here at Hibernian, which is to save us from relegation?:rolleyes:

he made the comments 14 months ago.

H18Y GW
27-12-2010, 12:52 PM
That's a terrific piece of research you've done there.

Dig around for a thread that's over a year old and resurrect it in order to:

embarrass posters who commented on it (using the benefit of hindsight)
use it as a basis for ridiculing one of the better players in our squad.

Surely we have enough to moan about today (focussing on the performance yesterday) without folks helpfully digging around for dirt on other squad members?

What possible satisfaction can you derive from this as a Hibs supporter and what could have been your motivation, I wonder?

Highly dubious.

Yeah yeah here goes the first with the he is a yam Pish.

Highly dubious is that you do your own typing , as that would involve you thinking before typing !!

bingo70
27-12-2010, 12:55 PM

Highly dubious is that you do your own typing , as that would involve you thinking before typing !!

If he was getting someone else to type for him would he not have to think before telling his typist what to type?

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Wouldn't be missed IMO

:agree: You cant fault Murray for effort and he still times his tackles well, but his lack of pace exposes other players (Hogg, Hanlon). He's not our worst player by a long way but he's not playing at a high enough level.

Bamba, on the other hand, is the best thing thats happened to our defence since Jones and Murphy.

Littlest Hobo
27-12-2010, 12:58 PM
he made the comments 14 months ago.

So did I :cool2::wink:

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-12-2010, 01:05 PM
This thread is becoming a bit surreal, it's scary! :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2010, 01:13 PM

He never called you a yam though, did he?

Feeling defensive? :cool2:

H18Y GW
27-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Christ here comes dumber, yes your right but it stops him doing both

ie...thinking and typing at the same time, oh I'm a heavy poster on the bounce so I'm easy with the ganging up nonsense, I can deal with it lol

bingo70
27-12-2010, 01:39 PM

ie...thinking and typing at the same time, oh I'm a heavy poster on the bounce so I'm easy with the ganging up nonsense, I can deal with it lol

:hilarious thats class

ganging up nonsense :confused: So if you talk pish and more than one person disagrees with said pish, is that ganging up?

Wotherspiniesta
27-12-2010, 01:46 PM
:hilarious thats class

ganging up nonsense :confused: So if you talk pish and more than one person disagrees with said pish, is that ganging up?

Plus, he's a big fat smelly Hearts twamp :na na:

Albion Hibs
27-12-2010, 01:58 PM

You must wonder, dont think I have actually heard of you being at a game since I joined this board, therefore how you can comment on players is pretty beyond me. But hey ho, it seems to keep you happy.

As for the rest of the Murray haters on here - you are embarrasing, especially those that feel Bamba has more about him. Dont think I have seen a centre half cost us so many goals and people actually still rate him?

He thought he was going to get a move in the summer, it never happened, a loan deal was the best he was offered. He will no doubt get a move at the end of the season when no one has to pay for him.

bingo70
27-12-2010, 02:06 PM
You must wonder, dont think I have actually heard of you being at a game since I joined this board, therefore how you can comment on players is pretty beyond me. But hey ho, it seems to keep you happy.

As for the rest of the Murray haters on here - you are embarrasing, especially those that feel Bamba has more about him. Dont think I have seen a centre half cost us so many goals and people actually still rate him?

He thought he was going to get a move in the summer, it never happened, a loan deal was the best he was offered. He will no doubt get a move at the end of the season when no one has to pay for him.

does anyone actually hate Murray or do they just have a different opinion on him than you?

i only lasted half an hour at the game yesterday cos i was cold, wasnt enjoying it and wanted a pint but from what i did see i don't think Murray was any better or worse than anyone else.

(btw think Blackpool does actually go to the games)

Albion Hibs
27-12-2010, 02:40 PM
does anyone actually hate Murray or do they just have a different opinion on him than you?

i only lasted half an hour at the game yesterday cos i was cold, wasnt enjoying it and wanted a pint but from what i did see i don't think Murray was any better or worse than anyone else.

(btw think Blackpool does actually go to the games)

Well thanks for you opinion of 30mins of the game......try rapping up on wednesday and I will see if i can get a view of yours for a whole half!!

bingo70
27-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Well thanks for you opinion of 30mins of the game......try rapping up on wednesday and I will see if i can get a view of yours for a whole half!!

:aok: will do.

bingo70
27-12-2010, 03:24 PM
I was commenting on the fact people use threads just to have a dig at a player and say he is not good enough when they did not even see the game, and does it on repeated occasions. I am more than entitled to say that .

Don't agree with a lot of what you say but your insults are absolutely brilliant :thumbsup:

I think people can have an opinion on players in general without seeing one particular game but you're right if someone has never seen a player play then they can't form an opinion on them.

Cropley10
27-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Lol

It's Richard your name yeah,I take it most people shorten it whilst talking about you .

Foxtrott Oscar my wee Jamboid friend

Cropley10
27-12-2010, 03:33 PM

Aye right :faf:

Simkin911
27-12-2010, 04:06 PM

I have to assume this statement doesn't take into account Hogg. Bamba is Maldini-esq in comparison to him. Watching Hibs since '85, Hogg is the worst & weakest CH I've watched. I'd welcome others to remind me of a worst centre half (and captain for that matter) since '85.

bingo70
27-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I have to assume this statement doesn't take into account Hogg. Bamba is Maldini-esq in comparison to him. Watching Hibs since '85, Hogg is the worst & weakest CH I've watched. I'd welcome others to remind me of a worst centre half (and captain for that matter) since '85.

Dave Beaumont (think he was a CH) and Klaus Diettrich come to mind.

Hogg is knickers but he's not in the same league as those two when it comes to pishness.

SRHibs
27-12-2010, 04:34 PM

:aok:

H18Y GW
27-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Foxtrott Oscar my wee Jamboid friend

Neither **** nor small megamouth .

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2010, 05:01 PM

I'll bear that in mind in future

hibsbollah
27-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Dave Beaumont (think he was a CH) and Klaus Diettrich come to mind.

Hogg is knickers but he's not in the same league as those two when it comes to pishness.

PC Colin Murdock must run both close. Truly woeful player.

Most Colins are, frankly, rubbish at football. (although some elderly Hibbys inform me that Colin Stein was an exception).

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 08:30 PM

:faf::faf:

I dont get to many away games, but out of all the games we have played this season, i have been to 11. My season ticket number is AA 80 East stand.

Cropley10
27-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Neither **** nor small megamouth .

Ooooh - get him - he's an internet hardman...

You're a wee troll defo. :agree:

Away back to the bounce then and stop bothering us.. :bye:

Cropley10
27-12-2010, 08:39 PM

PLEASE can we not ~ L T Y F???

BEEJ
27-12-2010, 09:02 PM
I dont get to many away games, but out of all the games we have played this season, i have been to 11. My season ticket number is AA 80 East stand.
BH, I feel sure that he'll look for you at the next few home matches in order to apologise personally.

:tee hee:

McIntosh
27-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Several players will be leaving in Jan either by mutual consent or sold. It is being suggested that Bamba will be one of them. It appears that radical surgery is being planned. I expect players to be swapped, brought in on loan and purchased.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2010, 09:16 PM
BH, I feel sure that he'll look for you at the next few home matches in order to apologise personally.

:tee hee:

:greengrin I shall be there on Wednesday if he wants to look me up, i have also booked the train tickets already for the derby, the Celtic game, Ayr united, Kilmarnock and Inverness . I may also be at the Motherwell away game, as thats virtually a home game for us lancs boys. :wink:

BEEJ
27-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Several players will be leaving in Jan either by mutual consent or sold. It is being suggested that Bamba will be one of them. It appears that radical surgery is being planned. I expect players to be swapped, brought in on loan and purchased.
I genuinely hope that your sources are on the money, there.

It sounds like just the kind of radical change that we need.

truehibernian
27-12-2010, 09:41 PM
I genuinely hope that your sources are on the money, there.

It sounds like just the kind of radical change that we need.

Makes absolutely no financial or contractual sense for either the players or the club to do radical surgery in January, when the players can leave without any compensation due to them 6 months later. I can't see anything other than a couple of loanees coming in, perhaps having to repel bids for Sol and Derek, but keeping the wasters until summer.

Can anyone see Rod getting the cheque book out and paying off the contracts of Nish, Stack, Smith, Hogg etc.......it would run into 6 figures big time. I don't want these guys getting it easy from Hibs. Earn their keep, earn a contract if they want one.

Zemmama, Duffy, Booth, Byrne and a couple of decent additions. That should see us survive this season.......or Rod doing the necessary and speeding up the reconstruction :greengrin

BEEJ
27-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Makes absolutely no financial or contractual sense for either the players or the club to do radical surgery in January, when the players can leave without any compensation due to them 6 months later.

Zemmama, Duffy, Booth, Byrne and a couple of decent additions. That should see us survive this season.......or Rod doing the necessary and speeding up the reconstruction :greengrin
Unless you begin to see the 'R' word as a serious possibility with the current incumbents.

McIntosh
27-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Makes absolutely no financial or contractual sense for either the players or the club to do radical surgery in January, when the players can leave without any compensation due to them 6 months later. I can't see anything other than a couple of loanees coming in, perhaps having to repel bids for Sol and Derek, but keeping the wasters until summer.

Can anyone see Rod getting the cheque book out and paying off the contracts of Nish, Stack, Smith, Hogg etc.......it would run into 6 figures big time. I don't want these guys getting it easy from Hibs. Earn their keep, earn a contract if they want one.

There has been precedents for this and the situation is more complex than the one as you outlined. Hope and wishful thinking will not secure this situation - only action. Fear is a great motivator and many at the very top of this club are now fearful.

truehibernian
27-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Unless you begin to see the 'R' word as a serious possibility with the current incumbents.

True, and I am confident that the board have already discussed that even at this stage. However, I think we are agreed that if we got two or three good additions to the side, we would have a decent enough side to compete and stay in the league.

Contemplating severing the contract of 8 or so players, paying them the remainder of their contracts (as some will definitely not accept a reduced payment in a January window), and giving CC the task of moulding a new team with only half the season remaining is a very very risky strategy and an expensive one. RP doesn't take risks and we know he doesn't splash the cash so readily.

I would accept getting in three players, who along with the players returning from injury and on loan, would mean more than half a side. Driving, "force the play" midfielder, winger with real pace to burn, and a solid but speedy left back or right back. (Bamba, Dickoh, Thicot and Stephens mean we are covered IMO at centre back)

Cropley10
27-12-2010, 10:14 PM
True, and I am confident that the board have already discussed that even at this stage. However, I think we are agreed that if we got two or three good additions to the side, we would have a decent enough side to compete and stay in the league.

Contemplating severing the contract of 8 or so players, paying them the remainder of their contracts (as some will definitely not accept a reduced payment in a January window), and giving CC the task of moulding a new team with only half the season remaining is a very very risky strategy and an expensive one. RP doesn't take risks and we know he doesn't splash the cash so readily.

I would accept getting in three players, who along with the players returning from injury and on loan, would mean more than half a side. Driving, "force the play" midfielder, winger with real pace to burn, and a solid but speedy left back or right back. (Bamba, Dickoh, Thicot and Stephens mean we are covered IMO at centre back)

Except of course, the whole strategy of the last 5+ years now looks completely flawed.

I can see the Board taking a risk, we will only pay players off IF it suits US. We need a ground up, root and branch sort out - the Board can see what we see; a very poor team on the park...

truehibernian
27-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Except of course, the whole strategy of the last 5+ years now looks completely flawed.

I can see the Board taking a risk, we will only pay players off IF it suits US. We need a ground up, root and branch sort out - the Board can see what we see; a very poor team on the park...

That is very true cropley, but they will argue that their plans were not flawed, as they did from the outset state that they were wanting to improve the infrastructure as well as keeping a competitive team on the park and reduce the debt through using the youth policy. To that end they can easily have a persuasive argument that they have succeeded.

Football though like you say is very current and the results prove the immediate destiny of the club. RP though is not known for panic and certainly not known for lavish spending when there are routes open to prevent this. CC will have his budget, which on his appointment he said he was very happy with. I can see two or three players in, not many out (unless some lower division clubs wish to take the likes of McCann, Stevenson, Thicot etc).

I just want the board and club to acknowledge that some of us fans are quite good as well at noticing a sides deficiencies and getting in the kind of player we have been shouting for for the last three seasons. I know for one that I didn't want five keepers at the club last year :agree:

J-C
28-12-2010, 10:11 AM

The thing being the number out of contract, surely with the little money that was used to get these players in, terminating the contracts early to free up wages would be a good thing. You'll get money for Bamba and maybe a couple more but the fact is paying these guys off will free up much needed wages so loans or other free transfers can come in.

Bostonhibby
29-12-2010, 07:21 PM
His assist for Utd's opener must have added a few quid to his value.:rolleyes:
Is he the new Chris Hogg?

Hibernia Na Eir
29-12-2010, 07:28 PM
BRFC had better get used to losing cheap goals as he'll get totally ripped to fek in the EPL. BIG TIME:agree:

Useless moron.

JoeTortolanoFanClub
29-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Bamba says Blackburn are in for him

Blackburn United (West Lothian) maybe. Blackurn Rovers (Lancashire) no chance.

3pm
29-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Big felly had a better 2nd half. Awful in the first.