PDA

View Full Version : Are all Jambos classless ?

Hibernian blade
30-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Last night I went to the Sheffield city hall to see The Proclaimers gig. Now the Sheffield city hall is quite a cultured place to go to. It's a lovely venue decorated out very nicely and they have some very good shows on throughout the year.
I went to the show with three Newcastle fans a Barnsley fan and a Sheffield United fan. I thought it was "good and proper" to attend the gig in my signed Pat Stanton replica shirt and with my nice green tracky top I looked every bit a Hibee.
Halfway through the show I had my attention turned by some scruffy looking bloke (It wasn't P.C. Stamp) gesturing with a "come on" wave. I ignored this and carried on enjoying the show. After Sunshine on Leith had finished I was joined by the Newcastle,Barnsley and Sheff Utd fan in a chorus of Hibees,Hibees. This went down very well and we got the next song dedicated to us by Charlie or Craig (which one's which).
At the end of the gig the scruffy bloke shot over to me and yelled "Are you a Hibee are you a Hibee" (Do they all do double talk) I commented on his immaculate powers of deduction because if it hadn't have been for my Hibs shirt and tracky top most people probably wouldn't have known.
Anyway he went back to the double speak "Im from Leith I'm from Leith , I'm a protestant I'm a protestant" he yelled in my face,his face full of venom.
Well I just burst out laughing of course i'm aware of the religious thing but I am English so Protestant I was christened but like most people I go to church for the usual christenings.weddings and sadly funerals. Religion doesn't come into my brain at anytime let alone football.
I realised now the City Hall was empty apart from myself the yob and the road crew who were dismantling the stage set.Suddenly the yob starts singing some song with hands raised aloud which I am sure was meant to be offensive towards myself,Hibees in general and anyone not a protestant.
I left the building at this time and caught up with my mates,when lado came bounding after me pursued by his missus.Fortunately for him (there were six of us) she got to him and started yelling at him to stop causing trouble then started attacking him with her handbag.
Now we were about five yards away from a small fountain which is protected by a low wall around it but is deeper on the other side. As the jambo ran blindly with his arms raised to protect his head , yes you've guessed it he tripped over the wall and went swimming.
Priceless !!!
Anyone else been accosted in a strange place by a jambo :jamboak:

CropleyWasGod
30-10-2009, 03:38 PM
What made you think he was a jambo? :rolleyes:

hibbie02
30-10-2009, 03:40 PM
In answer to your opening question....Yes.

In answer to your last question....I've no met Wee Airdrie Jambo.....fortunately. :jamboak:

Hibernian blade
30-10-2009, 03:42 PM
What made you think he was a jambo? :rolleyes:

He must have told me about forty times sorry I forgot to mention that

truehibernian
30-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Maybe it was Stephen Hendry looking for the Crucible mate...............did he have a face like he had been dooking for apples in boiling chip fat ?

Andy74
30-10-2009, 03:53 PM
did he have a face like he had been dooking for apples in boiling chip fat ?

Have we not established he was a Jambo?

CropleyWasGod
30-10-2009, 03:54 PM
He must have told me about forty times sorry I forgot to mention that

lol.. it's okay, you didn't really have to say so. The rest of your story made it SO obvious. :greengrin

RoYO!
30-10-2009, 04:15 PM
in answer to your question.....

charley plays the guitar :wink:

Andy74
30-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Mind you, having considered this I'd normally suggest wearing football gear and singing football songs at a concert isn't the epitomy of class either.

Does being a Proclaimers gig make it any different?

CentreLine
30-10-2009, 04:26 PM
in answer to your question.....

charley plays the guitar :wink:

And he is the one with the glasses

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 04:41 PM
And he is the one with the glasses

Ah... the one with the blond hair. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
30-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Ah... the one with the blond hair. :greengrin

No, the pretty one. :grr:

jakedance
30-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Mind you, having considered this I'd normally suggest wearing football gear and singing football songs at a concert isn't the epitomy of class either.

Agreed, Pogues gigs are like Celtc supporters club nights out, takes the shine of the occasion a bit.

hiberactive
30-10-2009, 06:15 PM
why did you not just banjo him?????

Frazerbob
30-10-2009, 06:48 PM

It shouldn't but every time I've seen them in Edinburgh it has turned into a Hibs sing-song. As much as I love the Hibs, there is a time and a place. It begs the question, how many of the folk in attendance would be there if Craig and Charlie supported East Fife or (dare I say it) Hearts?

Prof. Shaggy
30-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Not classless. I think the correct term is Lumpen Proletariat.

Bostonhibby
30-10-2009, 07:08 PM
To answer the question - yes, the nearest they can aspire to in comparison to a quality night out listening to the internationally acclaimed cosmopolitan Proclaimers, who just happen to be good Hibby's is an evening talking about cardigans in the golf club snug with Ronnie Corbett, or drolling over Steven Hendry as he stretches over the table - alright for the first 20 minutes but a bit tiresome if you think he only does it cos he's a Jambo :wink:

DC_Hibs
30-10-2009, 07:50 PM
It begs the question, how many of the folk in attendance would be there if Craig and Charlie supported East Fife or (dare I say it) Hearts?

Watching two speccy kn0bs singing (badly) Sunshine on Beath.........not a chance chuckles.

More importantly, Blade obv wasnt brought up in Edinburgh or he'd have gladly commences the age old tradition of Jambobashing that most of us were brought up with.

Dashing Bob S
30-10-2009, 07:57 PM
No, not all of them. I'd say around 20% are fine. So there 80,000 fine Jambos, if you want to look at it statistically.

And 320,000 ***kers.

CRAZYHIBBY
30-10-2009, 08:03 PM
i always thought the classless were jambos:confused:

Bostonhibby
30-10-2009, 08:17 PM
i always thought the classless were jambos:confused:

seems so unfair to lump the classless in with this lot, they have a hard enough time :greengrin

PC Stamp
30-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Halfway through the show I had my attention turned by some scruffy looking bloke (It wasn't P.C. Stamp) gesturing with a "come on" wave.

Most people would have deduced that it wasn't me being as you'd already said he was a scruffy looking bloke. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have given you the "come on" wave anyway. I'd have just decked you ya plum! :greengrin