PDA

View Full Version : Famous Five Stand - "Carling behind the Goals"

hulk
30-10-2009, 01:08 PM
I have some friends coming along to tomorrows match. I normally show my season ticket book to get in here - is this just for season ticket holders or can you get guests in (how many) ?

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 01:10 PM
I have some friends coming along to tomorrows match. I normally show my season ticket book to get in here - is this just for season ticket holders or can you get guests in (how many) ?

I believe you can bring 1 guest in per season ticket.

Wembley67
30-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe they should relax the rules in someway if they are trying to encourage people to return to the games.

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Maybe they should relax the rules in someway if they are trying to encourage people to return to the games.

Free pints - sorted :greengrin

crash
30-10-2009, 01:55 PM

Not a good idea. This bar is already overcrowded on matchdays.

Wembley67
30-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Not a good idea. This bar is already overcrowded on matchdays.

I don't find it overcrowded at all. It is absolutely souless though and the club could definately spruce things up at bit and make it more appealing :hnet:

Antifa Hibs
30-10-2009, 02:01 PM
There are plenty other good boozers in Leith that I'm sure would welcome your trade. You couldn't get near the bar in some boozers at one point before a match. Now you can walk into any pub at half two and get served nae bother....

I'm not a fan of BTG, very Wetherspoon like, very souless. Ok if your wanting to catch a quick pint at half two, if your out for a sesh though before any pub down Easter Road is 10x better.

Wembley67
30-10-2009, 02:09 PM
There are plenty other good boozers in Leith that I'm sure would welcome your trade. You couldn't get near the bar in some boozers at one point before a match. Now you can walk into any pub at half two and get served nae bother....

I'm not a fan of BTG, very Wetherspoon like, very souless. Ok if your wanting to catch a quick pint at half two, if your out for a sesh though before any pub down Easter Road is 10x better.

:agree:

I'm definately not a fan either but the club should be bending over backwards to make the place more accomodating. For a start get proper catering facilities, real bar staff and proper entertainment not a couple of wee tv's and a crappy projector.

Am I right in saying that the place is closed after the game?

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2009, 02:12 PM

I'm definately not a fan either but the club should be bending over backwards to make the place more accomodating. For a start get proper catering facilities, real bar staff and proper entertainment not a couple of wee tv's and a crappy projector.

Am I right in saying that the place is closed after the game?

No it's open after the game,it's got pies,chips, pizza,curry,stovies. What do you want? A'la carte before the game.

Golden Bear
30-10-2009, 02:27 PM
I hope BTG will be open for the derby game.

Even although at times the bar service leaves a lot to be desired, I'd rather spend my cash in there as ultimately it will be the Club who benefits.

Joe Baker II
30-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Could not have put it better, BTS is truly awful, stops serving 30 minutes before game starts, beer is dire, service usually slow, it opens after the game but seems to close almost immediately, does not give impression it welcomes away fans and above all totally soullless. Sports bar at Rugby Park is what Hibs should aspire too.

Any bar near ground is better! And prefer giving money to pubs that open all week - it improves the character of the stadium if decent network of pubs in surrounding area.

andyhibs
30-10-2009, 02:43 PM
No it's open after the game,it's got pies,chips, pizza,curry,stovies. What do you want? A'la carte before the game.
a pint of beer in a glass pint glass.
petrie get it sorted:grr::grr::grr:

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 02:56 PM

And get those beer taps cleaned petrie! :grr:

dangermouse
30-10-2009, 03:22 PM
It is good for those who have younger kids though as they may not get into a bar especially on matchdays.

scoopyboy
30-10-2009, 03:33 PM

Go top the upper floor and you will get a glass pint glass.

Used to go there before the game but sometimes if our bus was a wee bit late we had to q to get in and when we eventually got in the bar would be shut.

Just go to the Albion now, far easier.

monktonharp
31-10-2009, 01:55 AM

I'm not a fan of BTG, very Wetherspoon like, very souless. Ok if your wanting to catch a quick pint at half two, if your out for a sesh though before any pub down Easter Road is 10x better.you obviously dont go via the Loch Inn,(DEPENDS WHAT END OF TOON YOUR FRAE i SUPPOSE) but it used to be a guid Hibernian bar. now totally souless,nae Hibs badge on the entrance,nae Hibs pictures or colours on the walls and nae Hibs songs on the duke box if they've got a juke box:grr: I won't be back.