PDA

View Full Version : Hibs SFA Youth Cup tie

boris70
30-10-2009, 12:12 PM
According to the SFA website Hibs will open their defence of the SFA Youth Cup with a tie against Clachnacudin from Inverness at the Hibs Training Centre next Sunday with a 2pm ko.

Very disappointed that the club couldn't see fit to have the tie at Easter Road. Sure it would have attracted a good wee crowd to shout the youngsters on & far easier for the majority of fans to get to than Ormiston. Also the benefit of giving the laddies the benefit of playing on a bigger stage that the status of the tournament deserves. No game at ER next Saturday & the following week blank so can't see the state of the pitch being an argument.

Not too late for the club to have a rethink?

Mind you, Clachnacuddin going into administration so maybe there's no guarantee game will go ahead?

truehibernian
30-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Can't agree, sorry. We are coming into winter months, the surface at ER this season is superb (as opposed to last), and with the team playing good passing football, I for one don't want to see the pitch getting turned over and affecting the playing surface. Why purchase and build a state of the art training/academy facility if we are going to underuse it. Fair enough if it was a semi-final or game of importance, but there is no need at this time of year to jeopardise the first team's football chances.

18/03/07
30-10-2009, 12:23 PM
I thought you have to play 1 game at ER,maybe keeping it incase we get a premier side nx round,did we not beat some team 13.1 last year at ER

boris70
30-10-2009, 12:25 PM
See where you're coming from but is one game (or possibly 2 or 3 more over a 6 month period if we have a run) really going to damage the pitch to the detriment of the first team's ability to pass the ball?

Training centre is indeed a magnificent facility but not designed with spectators in mind. I suspect thats why the almost weekly "reserve" fixtures they play there are kept on the secret list (despite a promise to the contrary at the AGM).

I just feel the status of the competition coupled with the efforts made last season to capture the trophy are deserving of a proper stadium, crowd, etc. Give our own kids the chance to play on their own home turf & I'm sure the Clach lads would welcome the chance to play at Easter Road as well.

SMAXXA
30-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Can't agree, sorry. We are coming into winter months, the surface at ER this season is superb (as opposed to last), and with the team playing good passing football, I for one don't want to see the pitch getting turned over and affecting the playing surface. Why purchase and build a state of the art training/academy facility if we are going to underuse it. Fair enough if it was a semi-final or game of importance, but there is no need at this time of year to jeopardise the first team's football chances.

I have to say im with you on this one, all it takes is the wether to turn bad, pitch gets all cut to shreds and the first team suffer through it. Training centre is more than sufficient ans also given the amount of fans that would go opening easter road imo would make no sense.