PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Dougal moaning

givescotlandfreedom
30-10-2009, 10:29 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_mirren/8329833.stm

Dougal complaining about Gus MacPherson whinging which I agree with. Dougal was a terrible referee though and definately did pick of clubs. I always thought he was dire against us and can think of two games at Pittodrie in recent years when his performances were awful. I also seem to remember he had something against Nish too. Total tosspot and showing himself up as just that.

linlithgowhibbie
30-10-2009, 10:41 AM
My interpretation when I read the article by him was that he showed another reason why only the OF win things here.
He stated that he didn't want to send a player off as people would have thought he was favouring one side of the OF by sending a player off therefore making it easier for the other half of the OF to win the match.
Now my understanding is that if a player commits an offence worthy of a sending off/ second booking he should go , now he is saying not if it affects the result and therefor another teams league placing!!
Or am I paranoid???:confused:

Jonnyboy
30-10-2009, 01:04 PM
My interpretation when I read the article by him was that he showed another reason why only the OF win things here.
He stated that he didn't want to send a player off as people would have thought he was favouring one side of the OF by sending a player off therefore making it easier for the other half of the OF to win the match.
Now my understanding is that if a player commits an offence worthy of a sending off/ second booking he should go , now he is saying not if it affects the result and therefor another teams league placing!!
Or am I paranoid???:confused:

Further proof B, if indeed it were needed, that referees ARE influenced by the crowd

Zondervan
30-10-2009, 03:59 PM
I cannot remember Dougal having a decent performance any time he refereed Hibs. In fact, I would go as far as saying he was the ref I hated the most in all my years watching Hibs.

He was also the ref that sent off Brebner against Hearts at ER for a soft foul, and then changed his mind after he reviewed the video. Thankfully it never cost us the game, and we still managed a 1-0 victory.

As for the Nish one at Pitroddrie, he gave Nish 2 yellows for moaning at a couple of dodgy decisions. If he had taken that approach in an O/F game then there would have been no players left on the park.

I was glad that he made a James Hunt of hismelf in his final 2 SPL games.

Jonnyboy
30-10-2009, 04:25 PM
I cannot remember Dougal having a decent performance any time he refereed Hibs. In fact, I would go as far as saying he was the ref I hated the most in all my years watching Hibs.

He was also the ref that sent off Brebner against Hearts at ER for a soft foul, and then changed his mind after he reviewed the video. Thankfully it never cost us the game, and we still managed a 1-0 victory.

As for the Nish one at Pitroddrie, he gave Nish 2 yellows for moaning at a couple of dodgy decisions. If he had taken that approach in an O/F game then there would have been no players left on the park.

I was glad that he made a James Hunt of hismelf in his final 2 SPL games.

He wasn't known as Stuart 'red card' Dougal for nowt :greengrin

Newhaven
30-10-2009, 07:30 PM
I mind him sending the Joker off for hee haw at Parkhead - even for an old firm 'homer' decision it was incredible :bitchy: