PDA

View Full Version : Celtic fans betting on Hibs to win SPL

Coco Bryce
29-10-2009, 11:12 PM
According to KDS. After seeing all the teams and how they are performing so far this season, Celtic fans have decided that both the old firm are rank rotten and odds of 100/1 on HIbs are to good to miss.

:thumbsup:

WarringtonHibee
29-10-2009, 11:38 PM
I know someone who has £6k on Hibs to finish third.

:crazy:

Hibercelona
29-10-2009, 11:40 PM

Crazy money to have on...

But surely the most likely?

(touch wood) :devil:

Chuckie
29-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Which brings me to my next point..

DON'T SMOKE CRACK..

Speedy
29-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Crazy money to have on...

But surely the most likely?

(touch wood) :devil:

Depends if you can afford it. Probably decent odds

matty_f
30-10-2009, 12:00 AM

Do you think it was Mowbray? :greengrin

CalgaryHibs
30-10-2009, 12:02 AM
According to KDS. After seeing all the teams and how they are performing so far this season, Celtic fans have decided that both the old firm are rank rotten and odds of 100/1 on HIbs are to good to miss.

===========
Is this a wind-up???

NOLA
30-10-2009, 12:16 AM
a fool and his money ... etc

jakedance
30-10-2009, 12:34 AM
===========
Is this a wind-up???

Kind of.

If you look at the thread 2 people have put about a fiver on us and three or four more think it's a good idea. They're probably just being dramatic.

Everyone else think it's a daft idea.

Dunbar Hibee
30-10-2009, 02:30 AM

DON'T SMOKE CRACK..

:faf: A quote from the Waterboy by any chance?:greengrin

Calvin
30-10-2009, 02:38 AM
I'll admit that I stuck a fiver on about 3 weeks ago at 350/1, now we are as low as 66/1!

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 03:02 AM
:faf: A quote from the Waterboy by any chance?:greengrin

But he s s s s s s spit in the cooler. :greengrin

Am I the only person that thinks Laszlo is trying to do an imitation of Bobby in his interviews. :cool2:

HH81
30-10-2009, 07:58 AM

DON'T SMOKE CRACK..

Why :confused: :greengrin

Scooter
30-10-2009, 08:12 AM
===========
Is this a wind-up???

I've got a mate who's a Celtic season ticket holder. He's said if hibs keep thier players fit the old firm must take note

bighairyfaeleith
30-10-2009, 08:21 AM
I stuck a tenner on hertz to get relegated at 66/1 at the start of the season, much more likely to win that one I reckon :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
30-10-2009, 08:24 AM
I've got a mate who's a Celtic season ticket holder. He's said if hibs keep thier players fit the old firm must take note

There you go then!!!

JackRegan
30-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm going to check out your odds on the handicap list and might even have a flutter of £10 on you at 50-1.

Hibs have a chance of winning the SPL this season. There - I've said it.

However......you lot are ALWAYS prone to coupon busting results like teh one you had at Hamilton a few weeks back.

If we don't strengthen in january and you keep your players fit, then it will be very interesting.

Jack
30-10-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm going to check out your odds on the handicap list and might even have a flutter of £10 on you at 50-1.

However......you lot are ALWAYS prone to coupon busting results like teh one you had at Hamilton a few weeks back.

If we don't strengthen in january and you keep your players fit, then it will be very interesting.

That and our tendency to Hibernate from November/December time. Dontyaknow that’s where we actually got our name from! :agree:

If Yogi can keep the results going through these months he’ll have done something I don’t think any other manager has done in my life time – at least it seems that way!! :rolleyes:

Bayern Bru
30-10-2009, 09:49 AM

And then sign them on the cheap?
:cool2:

big-mo
30-10-2009, 09:52 AM
One of my mates put a £10 on Hibs to do the treble before the start of the season and would have won £45,000 if it had come up. Fortunatly he also placed the bet as singles and doubles so he could still be in the money.

erskine-hibby
30-10-2009, 09:56 AM
That and our tendency to Hibernate from November/December time. Dontyaknow that’s where we actually got our name from! :agree:

If Yogi can keep the results going through these months he’ll have done something I don’t think any other manager has done in my life time – at least it seems that way!! :rolleyes:

Thats why I would like to see summer football:agree:

dirtydirk
30-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Dont think it will happen, I would be content with 3rd place considering that Dundee utd are creeping up right behind us and seem to have avoided the spotlight.

I was thinking the other day though, I think Hibs and others could seriously challenge the old firm this season with a bit of investment and providing they were consistant up till January when they could strenghthen even more.

Surely there must be someone out there looking for a quick return. If someone was to plough say 8-10 mill in to Hibs or Dundee utd in the transfer window, I think the champs league would be a dead cert and the return they would make on that money would sound a decent investment. Is it not something like 12 mill for making the group stages or something?

They wouldnt even need to invest as much as that. Hibs could get sol campbell and Volz for nothing, pay campbell £50k a week on a 6 month contract and we would walk the league. Him, Bamba, Murray and Volz as a back 4.:greengrin

Coco Bryce
30-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Dont think it will happen, I would be content with 3rd place considering that Dundee utd are creeping up right behind us and seem to have avoided the spotlight.

I was thinking the other day though, I think Hibs and others could seriously challenge the old firm this season with a bit of investment and providing they were consistant up till January when they could strenghthen even more.

Surely there must be someone out there looking for a quick return. If someone was to plough say 8-10 mill in to Hibs or Dundee utd in the transfer window, I think the champs league would be a dead cert and the return they would make on that money would sound a decent investment. Is it not something like 12 mill for making the group stages or something?

They wouldnt even need to invest as much as that. Hibs could get sol campbell and Volz for nothing, pay campbell £50k a week on a 6 month contract and we would walk the league. Him, Bamba, Murray and Volz as a back 4.:greengrin

How good would that ne, we can only dream :thumbsup:

mim
30-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah, Hibs are going to win the league and I'm going to win Euromillions tonight. :agree:

Anyone fancy a bet on the double? :faf:

The bigger question is; can we beat Aberdeen tomorrow and stay in touch?

Hibs are not a 'good thing' to win any single game in the SPL, although there is no game that they cannot win.

Rangers and Celtic are a certainty in many of the games they will play this season and that is the difference.

Craig_in_Prague
30-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Yeah, Hibs are going to win the league and I'm going to win Euromillions tonight. :agree:

Anyone fancy a bet on the double? :faf:

The bigger question is; can we beat Aberdeen tomorrow and stay in touch?

Hibs are not a 'good thing' to win any single game in the SPL, although there is no game that they cannot win.

Rangers and Celtic are a certainty in many of the games they will play this season and that is the difference.

talk of winning the league, in October, with any non-OF team is just :faf:

IF we can win our next 2, stay injury free through to xmas, then and only then will we even have a SMALL chance.
If we're in touch come new year, I'd like to think the Board will support Yogi and get in 2 or 3 more quality players, espeically at the back.
After that, who knows.

And despite the fact we've played well in the last 3 games - We've only scored 1 goal in each match. Not exactly scoring for fun & still not strong enough defensively.

wazoo1875
30-10-2009, 10:44 AM
a fool and his money ... etc

Leave me alone :grr:

£10 @ 100/1 must be worth a punt for any Hibby tho , you just never know do you :faf:

Keith_M
30-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Jack, it's nice of you to be so flattering about our chances but if you really want to throw your money away, buy me a couple of drinks before the next All Green game at Celtc Park. :wink:

Oh, and the bit I've highlighted in green, it's sooooo true, unfortunately.

HibbyScott
30-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I stuck a fiver on us at the weekend at 200-1 - was far too good to miss. Just on the offchance that we actually do manage it you understand :wink:

ahibby
30-10-2009, 10:54 AM

:agree: That's it in a nutshell. I've said on other threads but will repeat it here. Some of the SPL teams who can't afford out and out quality have gone physical and that can sometimes upset (for want of a better term) a smaller but more talented team. Tactics also have a large part to play and I saw Motherwell score two goals in consecutive weeks from corners using the same ploy, which is mariginally legal but not sporting in my opinion. One of those was against Hibs at Fir Park. The teams and managers know each other so well that there are thin lines between a win a draw and a defeat. The long ball can get teams out of trouble and put teams in trouble. Teams might sit in and frustrate and get a penalty on the break when they are the underdogs:greengrin Anything can happen especially when goals dry up. I think on those grounds even Rangers and Celtic won't always be dead certs this season. I usually err on the side of caution and play us down even if I quietly feel confident. Those of us who have been following the SPL week in and week out must feel that the worst we can get tomorrow barring some catastrophy happening is a draw. There I've said it and regret having said it already. We are a clever wee side and I hope we can keep it up; at least we have something to lose this season, which is a nice pressure to have.

Keith_M
30-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Anyway, stuff the league, I want Hibs to win 'The Other Trophy' (I refuse to mention it's name).

Andy74
30-10-2009, 11:10 AM
I think everyone needs to go and have a lie down! Even with our better players this year we need to focus on just still being in the chase for (2 games in) Europe (against a better prepared Scandananvian team).

Owain_1987
30-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I have £100 on as coming above the Yams :greengrin:greengrin Easy money

heretoday
30-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Are the odds on the OF for the title significantly more generous now? just a thought....

Steve-O
30-10-2009, 11:32 AM
If Hibs win the SPL while I am away I will be pure RAGING :grr::grr:

:greengrin

The_Todd
30-10-2009, 12:15 PM
If Hibs win the SPL I volunteer Gramo to sit in beans outside Tynecastle.

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 01:17 PM
If Hibs win the SPL I volunteer Gramo to sit in beans outside Tynecastle.

Not a good idea....

They'll all turn up with their ladles.

ancient hibee
30-10-2009, 03:21 PM

You're not on the Rangers board by any chance are you?

The_Todd
30-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Not a good idea....

They'll all turn up with their ladles.

They'd have to be quick to beat Nade to it.

joe breezy
30-10-2009, 05:22 PM
I've got £20 on Hibs to win the league. I don't think it will happen but if we do win I'll need the £2 grand to spend on the celebrating I'll be doing

Siralbertkidd
30-10-2009, 05:29 PM

Typical patronising Weej.

The reality is if Celtc fear us they will just buy our players in January.

Same old same old.

lyonhibs
30-10-2009, 11:39 PM
:faf: :faf: :faf:

Hibs to win the SPL

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Killiehibbie
30-10-2009, 11:57 PM
There was somebody on here offering 5000/1 not long ago. I wanted £200 but he only offered me a post dated cheque.

PedroEdin84
31-10-2009, 12:08 AM
SPL - Clydesdale Bank Premier League 2009/10 - (League winner)

Saturday 31st of October, 2009

Time Selection Odds 15:00 Celtic 1/2 (javascript:;)
Rangers 6/4 (javascript:;)
Dundee Utd 50/1 (javascript:;)
Hibernian 80/1 (javascript:;)
Hearts 150/1 (javascript:;)
Motherwell 250/1 (javascript:;)
Aberdeen 350/1 (javascript:;)
Kilmarnock 2500/1 (javascript:;)

PedroEdin84
31-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Dundee Utd are better odds than us according to Ladbrokes. Would settle for a win tomorrow and next sat first!

basehibby
31-10-2009, 02:31 AM

I put a tenner on us to beat the huns at Ibrox - 9-1 FFS!!!
But we still didn't beat the *****

What I missed was the 7-2 shot to get the draw - still decent enough odds to cover the outlay :boo hoo:

By the same reckoning a bet on 2nd place would be a much warmer prospect - what's the odds on that???

joe breezy
31-10-2009, 08:00 AM
You can't get odds on Hibs coming second. Only Hibs to win it withouth the Old Firm, which would cover 2nd place but rubbish odds. You could phone betfair and ask them to put it up I think and see if someone will lay it?

Judas Iscariot
31-10-2009, 08:20 AM
One of my mates put a £10 on Hibs to do the treble before the start of the season and would have won £45,000 if it had come up. Fortunatly he also placed the bet as singles and doubles so he could still be in the money.

Leave me alone :grr:

£10 @ 100/1 must be worth a punt for any Hibby tho , you just never know do you :faf:

I stuck a fiver on us at the weekend at 200-1 - was far too good to miss. Just on the offchance that we actually do manage it you understand :wink:

I've got £20 on Hibs to win the league. I don't think it will happen but if we do win I'll need the £2 grand to spend on the celebrating I'll be doing

And people wonder why you never see a skint bookie :faf: