PDA

View Full Version : Help .. New style season ticket questions

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Question 1

Like a lot of folk I give my ticket away to a pal on the few times I cant make it to ER.

The trouble is one of them is a girl. Will this new system show your name on a screen when the card is swiped and if it does will the turnstyle operator deny entry to the person with the card if it obviously isn't the proper ST holder ?

Question 2

With an ongoing postal strike and new cards for the FF due to go out for I think it was the end of November to start on 5/12/09 for the Motherwell game, what will happen if loads of cards dont get delivered on time. Will book STs still be valid ?

I know these are questions for the club, but I was hoping somebody here might know.

AFKA5814_Hibs
29-10-2009, 10:01 PM
I'll follow on with question 3.

The first game this is to be introduced is for the Falkirk game at the end of November for those in the West Stand. That game is a Hibs kids match. How do you go about getting your season ticket seat exchanged for one in the South Stand under the new system? Previously they would just take out the voucher for that game out of your book.

Maybe all will be revealed when the new cards are sent out, but just wondered if anyone knew.

Jamie
29-10-2009, 10:01 PM
I could be wrong here but is this not to do away with turnstile operators?

I know your thinking surely not but it would only need say 2-3 main turnstile stewards in case summit went wrong, do you not just swipe your card, it says aye yer allowed in and the turnstile automagically opens?

I may well be wrong thou LOL :faf::faf:

boomtownhibby
29-10-2009, 10:05 PM
i thought it was the case as well

NAE NOOKIE
29-10-2009, 10:39 PM

I know your thinking surely not but it would only need say 2-3 main turnstile stewards in case summit went wrong, do you not just swipe your card, it says aye yer allowed in and the turnstile automagically opens?

Never thought of that, hope you are right, wish Hibs would give some more info on the official site, especially about what will happen if you dont get your card on time.

Jamie
29-10-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm also presuming this will have "ticketFast - Print at Home" your ticket(s) will be emailed to you as an attachment. You can then print the tickets in your own time, and present the ticket at the turnstile to be scanned into the ground on match day.

Or if you have a ST it will simply just be added your card, will this cut out the ridiculous £1.50 charge when you buy online thou :grr:

steve75
29-10-2009, 11:46 PM
It'll be that same system they have at tynecastle. You hand over the card to the steward to be swiped, then you get it back... pretty pointless imo, exactly the same as is done now.

been doing it at EEP for over 2 years now... all it does is make the stewarding even easier

Ginger Gehagan
29-10-2009, 11:47 PM
I'm assuming it's going to be much the same as Newcastle when I was there for a game last season. The ticket had a barcode on it that you scanned at the turnstiles and that was it. No screens and no attendants. Hopefully it all runs smoothly for the first game:greengrin

Caversham Green
30-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Reading have been running a system like this for about 5 years now. As GG says, you just stick the card in a space and the turnstyle opens - no operators/screens etc. There are stewards hanging about on the other side to check that no adults try to get in on a child's ticket (a light goes on above the gate when a concession ticket is used). There's no obvious barcode on the cards either, so I don't know how the techy bit works :confused:. If you forget your card you can go to the ticket office, give them a few details and get a paper ticket that works in the reader.

There were a few teething problems when it started up, but it works like a dream now and queues move much quicker than they did under the old system. They're even talking about being able to buy food and drink on the card, but that prospect fills me with dread given the difficulty the staff have handling money (and understanding what "a pie" is.)

Edit: if you have a child's ticket and want to get an adult in for one game you can get the card upgraded by phoning the TO.

HibeeB
30-10-2009, 11:20 AM

:faf:

Was that a typo or on purpose?

I'm having it for future use whatever.

oconnors_strip
30-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Reading have been running a system like this for about 5 years now. As GG says, you just stick the card in a space and the turnstyle opens - no operators/screens etc. There are stewards hanging about on the other side to check that no adults try to get in on a child's ticket (a light goes on above the gate when a concession ticket is used). There's no obvious barcode on the cards either, so I don't know how the techy bit works :confused:. If you forget your card you can go to the ticket office, give them a few details and get a paper ticket that works in the reader.

There were a few teething problems when it started up, but it works like a dream now and queues move much quicker than they did under the old system. They're even talking about being able to buy food and drink on the card, but that prospect fills me with dread given the difficulty the staff have handling money (and understanding what "a pie" is.)

Edit: if you have a child's ticket and want to get an adult in for one game you can get the card upgraded by phoning the TO.

this is how it works at parkhead and they had teething problems at the beginning but now the fans say its alot better.

the barcodes will be on match tickets for home and away fans.

Andy74
30-10-2009, 12:10 PM
What does this say for pay at the gate eventually? Would it mean you would have to buy at a window in advance so you can then take your ticket and swipe it?

Given we have lots of pay at the gate games we would either have to keep cash turnstiles as well or have lots more selling points.

MB62
30-10-2009, 12:14 PM
What does this say for pay at the gate eventually? Would it mean you would have to buy at a window in advance so you can then take your ticket and swipe it?

Given we have lots of pay at the gate games we would either have to keep cash turnstiles as well or have lots more selling points.

possibly automated on line printing with the ticket being barcoded :dunno:

Teo10
30-10-2009, 12:50 PM
I am not too sure what method we will use for this. Speaking to a Yam mate at work:jamboak:, What happens at Slimecastle is they hand their card over to the attendant at the turnstile who scans the card with a hand held reader and lets the turnstile go..... This seems most likley as the attendants will be there for cash at the gates.....

RIP
30-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Cash will be virtualy extinct in a few years once all business employ card machines and card tills. Certainly for purchases over a fiver. Hibs will probably have a small number of cash gates with long queues to encourage everyone to move to bar coded slips or cards.

The way of the future - whether we like it or no

Scouse Hibee
30-10-2009, 02:06 PM
It'll be that same system they have at tynecastle. You hand over the card to the steward to be swiped, then you get it back... pretty pointless imo, exactly the same as is done now.

been doing it at EEP for over 2 years now... all it does is make the stewarding even easier

That's exactly what is going to happen, turnstile operator will scan the barcode either on your smartcard or the ticket that you have purchased. There will be no loss of turnstile operators nor will there be a device on the turnstile that you swipe. It's already been explained by Hibs.

Andy74
30-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Cash will be virtualy extinct in a few years once all business employ card machines and card tills. Certainly for purchases over a fiver. Hibs will probably have a small number of cash gates with long queues to encourage everyone to move to bar coded slips or cards.

The way of the future - whether we like it or no

Payment companies are also trying to get rid of cards.

Chips in mobile phones will be the payment method of the medium term future!

Peevemor
30-10-2009, 02:48 PM

That'll be a bit greasy will it not - and the smell will make you feel hungry all the time. :bitchy:

ancient hibee
30-10-2009, 03:14 PM
I always seem to get behind someone who can't even rip a ticket out of the book-goodness knows what some might do with hi-tech.

Jack
30-10-2009, 03:24 PM
My printer doesn't work :confused:

Jamie
30-10-2009, 03:37 PM
:faf:

Was that a typo or on purpose?

I'm having it for future use whatever.

It was ment mate, magic word lol :)

Woody1985
30-10-2009, 03:56 PM

Card payments are relatively expensive for companies to take, hence why they usually have over X amount spends in shops.

I thought Barclaycard were working on an electronic card that you would hold up against a reader to take payments. Not sure how that fitted in with the C&P model and card security though. Maybe that's why I've not heard about it again.

Andy74
30-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Card payments are relatively expensive for companies to take, hence why they usually have over X amount spends in shops.

I thought Barclaycard were working on an electronic card that you would hold up against a reader to take payments. Not sure how that fitted in with the C&P model and card security though. Maybe that's why I've not heard about it again.

All the banks did, RBS actually started it but Barclays got the promotion side of it right!

Contactless was meant to deal with the situations where you might not use a debit card for a newspaper for example, but you would if you just had to wave it. It would have been limited to something like £10 and there'd have had to be a daily limit otherwise your card could be found and waved at readers all day.

It's gone a bit quiet but really the payments companies only really wanted this happening so we got used to the waving and paying for small items with it, the thinking has gone beyond that to all in one devices, and we all have mobile phones.

I had an interesting chat with the President of Visa recently on all this. He also thought online and virtual world stuff would get interesting with lots of shopping in virtual world stores with real money.

Woody1985
31-10-2009, 01:13 PM
All the banks did, RBS actually started it but Barclays got the promotion side of it right!

Contactless was meant to deal with the situations where you might not use a debit card for a newspaper for example, but you would if you just had to wave it. It would have been limited to something like £10 and there'd have had to be a daily limit otherwise your card could be found and waved at readers all day.

It's gone a bit quiet but really the payments companies only really wanted this happening so we got used to the waving and paying for small items with it, the thinking has gone beyond that to all in one devices, and we all have mobile phones.

I had an interesting chat with the President of Visa recently on all this. He also thought online and virtual world stuff would get interesting with lots of shopping in virtual world stores with real money.

That would be good if they introduced that. Surely they'd have upgrade all the card machines again which would be an additional expense that I'd assume would mean small businesses having to fork out. Small place like paper shops would probably be the most likely place where you'd use something like this.

What do you mean by virtual stores, like a tour walking around the shop but on your PC?