PDA

View Full Version : **If** Hearts win the League Cup

Tinyclothes
29-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Do you think they'll still refer to it as the diddy cup? Don't think so somehow. They'll be celebrating like they've won the war all over again.

Mikeystewart
29-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Oh aye id put my season ticket on it. or the equivalent price (£80) :smug:

bobbyhibs1983
29-10-2009, 09:54 AM
if they win the league cup and dont win the scottish cup i reckon they ll say the league cup is better anyhow and that was there aim all along

dangermouse
29-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Do you think they'll still refer to it as the diddy cup? Don't think so somehow. They'll be celebrating like they've won the war all over again.

Do we have to drag this crap up every time we are referring to HMFC?

It is getting rather tedious and belittles the sacrifice so many gave for this country no what team they played for or supported.

--------
29-10-2009, 11:30 AM
if they win the league cup and dont win the scottish cup i reckon they ll say the league cup is better anyhow and that was there aim all along

Hearts winning the CIS Cup is something I'd rather not contemplate right now. It would make an awful lot of what's been posted about them on this forum over the past few months look very silly indeed. And it wouldn't do us any good at all.

It is getting rather tedious and belittles the sacrifice so many gave for this country no what team they played for or supported.

Agree.

--------
29-10-2009, 11:36 AM
I think they'll celebrate as if they've won a cup, we'll probably keep referring to it as the diddy cup to noise them up.

Which will mean we're being just as silly as they were in 2007.... :rolleyes:

bawheid
29-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Hearts winning the CIS Cup is something I'd rather not contemplate right now.

Nothing much to worry about IMO.

Tinyclothes
29-10-2009, 12:14 PM

In no way does that sentence belittle the brave folk that gave their lives in the war. Absolute nonsense mate.

--------
29-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Nothing much to worry about IMO.

Aye, OK - just hope you're right.... :cool2:

BravestHibs
29-10-2009, 12:30 PM

How does it?

Dashing Bob S
29-10-2009, 12:37 PM

Yes, I've heard the Ministry of Defence, the regiments, and worst of all, us, the relatives and descendants of the war dead are up in arms about a group of fans on an internet forum joking about a crap, debt-ridden football club from Gorgie ludicrously trying to appropriate their memory.

Or perhaps not?

Nakedmanoncrack
29-10-2009, 01:21 PM
:faf:
Yes, I've heard the Ministry of Defence, the regiments, and worst of all, us, the relatives and descendants of the war dead are up in arms about a group of fans on an internet forum joking about a crap, debt-ridden football club from Gorgie ludicrously trying to appropriate their memory.

Or perhaps not?
:faf:

Moulin Yarns
29-10-2009, 01:24 PM
47 years since winning a meaningless trophy, why would they celebrate that :confused:

:greengrin

Woody1985
29-10-2009, 01:33 PM

FWIW I agree that it's getting tedious.

Petty point scoring on top of their petty point scoring on a serious issue is getting rather boring. :yawn:

BravestHibs
29-10-2009, 01:36 PM

Petty point scoring on top of their petty point scoring on a serious issue is getting rather boring. :yawn:

I find your stoic maturity very inspiring.

TornadoHibby
29-10-2009, 01:38 PM
..........ah, aye, almost forgot! :wink:

They won't! :cool2:

banarc7062
29-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I am looking for St Johnstone to pick up the trophy by beating hearts in the semi and rangers in the final :greengrin

Woody1985
29-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I find your stoic maturity very inspiring.

I'm happy for you.

hibhib7
29-10-2009, 03:01 PM
:flag:Dinnae worry about it - they dinnae ken how tae celebrate. I passed Tynie on a bus the day after they won the big cup, when it was being paraded. They were leaving the ground looking as if someone had let off the world's biggest stink bomb. That's why they are all petrified of us winning it - they know it would be a week off work for PARTY TIME.

Tinyclothes
29-10-2009, 03:04 PM

I find your constant negative comments followed by a little animation quite boring :blah::faf::dizzy::confused::greengrin:hnet::cool2 ::top marks

Woody1985
29-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I find your constant negative comments followed by a little animation quite boring :blah::faf::dizzy::confused::greengrin:hnet::cool2 ::top marks

Put me on ignore so you don't have to read my comments.

Hopefully I won't have to respond to your pish again Mr C. :greengrin

MSK
29-10-2009, 03:22 PM

Put me on ignore so you don't have to read my comments.

Hopefully I won't have to respond to your pish again Mr C. :greengrinOr you could get a room, that way you could slap each other tae death wi yer handbags & we wouldnt have tae read aboot it ..:wink: