PDA

View Full Version : Hibees Re-united - Over to ourselves now to deliver

PaulSmith
29-10-2009, 09:14 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/hibees-reunited-20091029_2262950_1840531

Keith_M
29-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I was just about to post something on that, as I've just read the article.

That's a great idea :top marks

I'm one of the supporters that hasn't been recently, in fact, not once this season (yet). So which one of you is going to 'bring me along' to the game? We can share a taxi from my house, if you want... :wink:

p.s. I'm coming over for the game this weekend, who's buying me a pint?

sleeping giant
29-10-2009, 09:56 AM

I'm in that picture:agree:
Well , my jumper is:greengrin

ahibby
29-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Why is Casper on the banner? I can understand Yogi Bear but not Casper.

Mikey
29-10-2009, 10:22 AM
hibs.net is right behind this folks. Let's get those lapsed Hibees back at the matches by any means. You can pay them in, drag them along and make them pay themselves or smuggle them in under your jumper :greengrin

The football's good and it's worth watching. They'll like what they see and come back for more.

The target match is Falkirk on 28th November.

aljo7-0
29-10-2009, 10:46 AM
hibs.net is right behind this folks. Let's get those lapsed Hibees back at the matches by any means. You can pay them in, drag them along and make them pay themselves or smuggle them in under your jumper :greengrin

The football's good and it's worth watching. They'll like what they see and come back for more.

The target match is Falkirk on 28th November.

That's a Hibs Kids game too so the crowd should be slightly higher anyway as the non season ticket Hibs kids can get in for free and those with season tickets can bring a friend.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-10-2009, 10:55 AM
That's a Hibs Kids game too so the crowd should be slightly higher anyway as the non season ticket Hibs kids can get in for free and those with season tickets can bring a friend.

Another good rally call and reason for folks to attend!

Viva_Palmeiras
29-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Admins - any chance of a sticky?

basehibby
29-10-2009, 12:38 PM

:top marks This is great! There was a thread about this a wee while ago and it's great to see that something's actually come out of it - a massive well done to all those involved in turning those ideas into action.

With a little bit of effort from all of us this campaign can be a real success with lasting benefits to the club. :thumbsup:

Saorsa
29-10-2009, 12:41 PM

The target match is Falkirk on 28th November.Have tae be that option for me The first one is out because I dinnae like anyone enough tae spend 22 quid on them and I'm a miserable git http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/images/smilies/scrooge.gif and the third one is out because there's hardly enough room under my jumper for me :greengrin

bob12345
29-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Obviously watching hibs is incentive enough, but is there any other incentives (discounted entry, free programme, etc) for this match or just a case of encouraging you to bring.a mate along?

Sorry if I've missed it.

marinello59
29-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Obviously watching hibs is incentive enough, but is there any other incentives (discounted entry, free programme, etc) for this match or just a case of encouraging you to bring.a mate along?

Sorry if I've missed it.

This ALL about encouraging people to bring along a mate. It has been suggested and organised by fans, not the club.

matty_f
29-10-2009, 03:23 PM

With it being a Hibs Kids game, and you're bringing your kid - rope in a relative or two to share the day.:thumbsup:

Ideally, we'll see the ground full against Falkirk.

The way I look at it, is if we have a limited number of home games until the end of the January window, if we can pack out Easter Road until then, it gives the board some room to back Yogi strengthening the side to secure third spot at least.

If you can make it, please, please go - this is an ideal opportunity for the fans to recognise the efforts of the club and make a tangible difference to how our season goes.

hibs0666
29-10-2009, 05:11 PM
It would be nice to see Hibs supporting this initiative in some tangible way.

MSK
29-10-2009, 05:29 PM
It would be nice to see Hibs supporting this initiative in some tangible way.They have..they have supported Yogi & given him funds to build this exciting team...its up to us to support Yogi & the boys ..

Jack
29-10-2009, 07:08 PM

Sorry if I've missed it.

Queue the loads o’ posts about season ticket holders being upset because they’ve already paid etc. etc. :rolleyes:

They could have a downloadable programme??? They wouldn’t loose too much from not selling so many at the ground, a chance for the club to say how wonderful they are to more people. A chance for our overseas friends to feel an even greater part of the Hibee family and maybe sign up for HI, surely its not just about bums on seats. Maybe that could be part of a future enhanced/more expensive HI.

I’ve just thought that by selling more advertising space in the downloadable programme they might not loose anything at all! :dunno:

MSK
29-10-2009, 07:17 PM
They could have a downloadable programme??? They wouldn’t loose too much from not selling so many at the ground, a chance for the club to say how wonderful they are to more people. A chance for our overseas friends to feel an even greater part of the Hibee family and maybe sign up for HI, surely its not just about bums on seats. Maybe that could be part of a future enhanced/more expensive HI.

That though could be seen as pandering to those who chose not to attend games for whatever reason ..

The thing is Jack ..as has already been stated, its not about what the club can give ..its about what we....us the fans can give, lets do our bit first.... :agree:

Jack
29-10-2009, 07:38 PM
That though could be seen as pandering to those who chose not to attend games for whatever reason ..

The thing is Jack ..as has already been stated, its not about what the club can give ..its about what we....us the fans can give, lets do our bit first.... :agree:

i agree and I've already pestered a lapsed season ticket holder to renew! Just thinking of other ways the match(es) could be advertised/hyped.

brydekirk
29-10-2009, 07:44 PM
coming up from annan for the game. where should i sit ?. people i speak to tell me the east has lost its voice and the west north upper is the place to go. any advice welcome. :thumbsup:

MSK
29-10-2009, 07:49 PM
i agree and I've already pestered a lapsed season ticket holder to renew! Just thinking of other ways the match(es) could be advertised/hyped.As have i Jack, it is very early doors but i would assume providing we start turning up in numbers then the board may give more money to Yogi for strengthening the squad further ..from now until Jan we have four more home games, the game v Aberdeen may come too soon however we have to target the games v Falkirk ..Motherwell ..Rangers & on Jan the 2nd Hearts ..full houses or near as damn it will go along way in securing much needed funds & building on what we have....:agree:

MSK
29-10-2009, 07:50 PM
coming up from annan for the game. where should i sit ?. people i speak to tell me the east has lost its voice and the west north upper is the place to go. any advice welcome. :thumbsup:Anywhere & if you wanna sing then sing ...:thumbsup:

Ps..im going tae the East for a wee change on Sat ..:greengrin

bob12345
30-10-2009, 03:45 AM
Hmmm what about buy two get one free for class B games. Incentive for those who can't commit to season tickets to keep coming.

Or some sort of discount vouchers book for the club store?

Ringothedog
30-10-2009, 07:57 AM
This is a great idea, it could be worth trying for the Falkirk and Motherwell games that the club reduces the price for advance sales to £15 for an adult and £5 for a child. It wouldnt affect season ticket holders too much. If we get people into the habit it might increase our half season ticket sales. Another option could be selling a four match package i.e Falkirk,Motherwell,Rangers and Hearts for £80(adults) and £30 for kids.

matty_f
30-10-2009, 08:31 AM
This is a great idea, it could be worth trying for the Falkirk and Motherwell games that the club reduces the price for advance sales to £15 for an adult and £5 for a child. It wouldnt affect season ticket holders too much. If we get people into the habit it might increase our half season ticket sales. Another option could be selling a four match package i.e Falkirk,Motherwell,Rangers and Hearts for £80(adults) and £30 for kids.

These are good ideas, but I would say that this initiative has been launched by fans without any instigation from the club, so it might be unlikely that they will drop prices for a campaign that they have nothing to do with.

The point of the campaign is to get people paying into Easter Road to give Yogi a helping hand in the January window (or maybe to keep a player or two longer).

The way I look at it, is we are losing out on income because we're out of the CIS, if we can make that up over the season and enjoy a run in the Scottish and get a good league position, then Yogi is very well placed to outspend most of the SPL next season.

The hibees reunited campaign, as far as I can see, is about what the fans are doing, rather than getting Hibs to push things on.

marinello59
30-10-2009, 09:52 AM
There is now a Facebook page up and running for this. Check it out HERE. (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=166011507788) :thumbsup:

matty_f
30-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Yogi says if we come the players need to make it worth coming back (http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Fans-reunited-Hibs-boss-John.5781203.jp)
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RoslinInstHibby
30-10-2009, 02:52 PM
superb stuff!

instead of just 2 of us going managed to get another 3 to come to the game!

matty_f
30-10-2009, 03:28 PM
superb stuff!

instead of just 2 of us going managed to get another 3 to come to the game!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brilliant stuff!

Hibby D
30-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Brilliant initiative - well done Hibs fans :agree:

Have tae be that option for me The first one is out because I dinnae like anyone enough tae spend 22 quid on them and I'm a miserable git http://www.raptureforums.com/forum/images/smilies/scrooge.gif and the third one is out because there's hardly enough room under my jumper for me :greengrin

:hilarious

Viva_Palmeiras
30-10-2009, 08:08 PM
These are good ideas, but I would say that this initiative has been launched by fans without any instigation from the club, so it might be unlikely that they will drop prices for a campaign that they have nothing to do with.

The point of the campaign is to get people paying into Easter Road to give Yogi a helping hand in the January window (or maybe to keep a player or two longer).

The way I look at it, is we are losing out on income because we're out of the CIS, if we can make that up over the season and enjoy a run in the Scottish and get a good league position, then Yogi is very well placed to outspend most of the SPL next season.

The hibees reunited campaign, as far as I can see, is about what the fans are doing, rather than getting Hibs to push things on.

It is a supporter-led initiative to get folks back to the match. It could be argued there's something to be learned from trying to attract folks back at the same price. Hopefully we'll also get feedback from those that did attend/couldn't attend/wouldn't attend to learn more and may also see whether its purely about price.

As a slight aside I also like Yogi's acknowledgement of the initiative and the economic circumstances - lets hope there's a few a good starts to the week to be had at ER!

As McFly say "Its all about you" - so let's see what the wider response is throughout the Hibernian community.

Mikey
30-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks to Salty for the new smiley............

:notworthy:

Mikey
31-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Ticketing info for the Falkirk game is here.......

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html

Let's get those tickets bought folks. This is all about what YOU can do to get people back watching Hibs again. Don't leave it to others, it won't just happen itself.

PaulSmith
31-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Ticketing info for the Falkirk game is here.......

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html

Let's get those tickets bought folks. This is all about what YOU can do to get people back watching Hibs again. Don't leave it to others, it won't just happen itself.

Just bought 3 (me +2) for the game and hope to get some more along
:notworthy: