PDA

View Full Version : Watching the derby overseas (merged)

southern hibby
29-10-2009, 06:15 AM
Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere in Bahrain that will be showing the game?

My work has just turned around and told me they are trying to get me a flight on Friday rather than the 9th as previously arranged.

As you can guess this has went down like a lead balloon.

hibbybrian
29-10-2009, 07:27 AM
Croxleyhibby on the bounce usually watches the matches in Bahrain - if you're a member on the Bounce send him a PM - if not, let me know and I'll contact Mike for you :wink:

southern hibby
29-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Many Thanks,
Will send him a PM as soon as my work give me the dates that I'm going.

Jamesie
29-10-2009, 11:24 PM
I too will be in Bahrain for the Derby - any info on venus would be appreciated! I'll check the Bounce too. Cheers!

southern hibby
30-10-2009, 01:14 AM
We should meet up (if my work sends me on the Friday).

As soon as I find out if I'm coming on the Friday or not I will get intouch.

Forza Fred
01-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Million to one chance I know, but then you never know.

I've got to go to Dubbo in country NSW for the weekend.

Normally I'd be sitting up in the wee sma hours at home in Sydney watching the game on Setanta, but not this time.

Anyone help?

Hibs Spain
01-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere in Bahrain that will be showing the game?

My work has just turned around and told me they are trying to get me a flight on Friday rather than the 9th as previously arranged.

As you can guess this has went down like a lead balloon.You could be struggling.I was there last week staying at the Crowne Plaza who show a real comprehensive range of British games.Tracks sports bar is attached to the hotel and they told me they don't have ESPN or whatever it's called.So if it's on that you'll have a problem but if it's getable on just about any other channel they'll put it on,specially as it's an early kick off.I noticed they had show time?? Never heard of it but the had show time 1,2,3,4 and they could basically show most of the premiership 3pm kick offs live.

SaudiHibby
02-11-2009, 06:35 AM
It will be on in the Dilmun Club provided there's enough of us. Failing that there will be a hibbyfest in ma hoose. Anyone wants to meet up pm me by Thursday and we can get it organised in time. This is Croxleyhibby btw and I live in Bahrain now Brian, get yer ersky over

Steve-O
02-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Expecting to be viewing online unless anyone can tell me anywhere it's on in New Zealand!

Is the game on Interactive? It is imperative there is no failure of t'internet as there was during the hun game for me!

bob12345
02-11-2009, 01:15 PM
If anyone can tell me where it is on near Portland, Maine I will be a tad surprised! Just now I can already see my computer loaded with five backup streams and the htv audio.

Colonel_HFC
04-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Does anyone know of any bars etc. in Amsterdam that will be showing the game on Saturday? I've found one Scottish pub on the internet and their website mentions showing some SPL games but I'd like to have a couple of options to be sure I don't miss it.

TheUsualSuspect
04-11-2009, 06:01 PM
may as well ask if there is anywhere in Bangkok to be showing the footy?

hibbybrian
04-11-2009, 06:10 PM
may as well ask if there is anywhere in Bangkok to be showing the footy?

I was going to suggest that you google "showing the footy in Bangkok" but you might not get the answer that you wanted ...

then again you might :devil:

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Does anyone know of any bars etc. in Amsterdam that will be showing the game on Saturday? I've found one Scottish pub on the internet and their website mentions showing some SPL games but I'd like to have a couple of options to be sure I don't miss it. I can just about remember watching the 2-2 game @ ER on my way back from the Scotland game in Kiev in The Globe in Amsterdam, might be worth a try!

TheUsualSuspect
05-11-2009, 07:54 AM
I was going to suggest that you google "showing the footy in Bangkok" but you might not get the answer that you wanted ...

then again you might :devil:

As long as its as entertaining as the ping pong shows i'll be happy :wink:

YehButNoBut
05-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Just to add to this, I will be in Valencia this weekend, any chance anyone will know anywhere I will be able to see the game.

pacorosssco
05-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Does anyone know of any bars etc. in Amsterdam that will be showing the game on Saturday? I've found one Scottish pub on the internet and their website mentions showing some SPL games but I'd like to have a couple of options to be sure I don't miss it.

The Globe is a hole but should be on there . No longer run by Scottish George either

It will be on in most sports bars as no other game clashes.
O'Reilleys at dam
Cocos ar Rembrantplein

john18722
05-11-2009, 09:49 AM

Is that you Chalbs?

IberianHibernian
05-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Just to add to this, I will be in Valencia this weekend, any chance anyone will know anywhere I will be able to see the game.It`s live on Spanish channel Gol TV a pay channel that a lot of Spanish bars have.Channel 67 on ONO if you have to ask a barman.

heretoday
05-11-2009, 03:21 PM
The only time I watched the derby abroad was in Cyprus last October.

I was the only person in this bar and when Hearts scored the cockney barman (aren't they all?) ambled across and said:"Oh 'ave 'ibs scored then, mate?"

Oh kerrrrrrriiiiiissssssttttt.......

Colonel_HFC
06-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Is that you Chalbs?

Indeed it is.

talking_wiss
06-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Anyone got a boozer they know of in Brussels that'll be showing the game???

pacorosssco
06-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Indeed it is.

Im going to tara(on rokin) 5mins from dam square your welcome to join

Colonel_HFC
06-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Cheers, I might just do that. The other place I was considering was a place called The Old Highlander on Sint Jacobsstraat - it said on their website that they always showed the Scottish games.

pacorosssco
06-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Cheers, I might just do that. The other place I was considering was a place called The Old Highlander on Sint Jacobsstraat - it said on their website that they always showed the Scottish games.

Sadly It is now closed . A great loss and a home from home.Was a cracking wee bar

You wont strugle to find game in town and your welcome at the tara . ill be there from 1 local time

Hail Hail

superbam
06-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Sadly It is now closed . A great loss and a home from home.Was a cracking wee bar
You wont strugle to find game in town and your welcome at the tara . ill be there from 1 local time

Hail Hail

Thats terrible news, great wee pub.

vahibbie
06-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Expecting to be viewing online unless anyone can tell me anywhere it's on in New Zealand!

Is the game on Interactive? It is imperative there is no failure of t'internet as there was during the hun game for me!

Aye, it's on HibsTV, did you get your login sorted out?
I've seen it advertised on some of the usual "dodgey" sites but I've forked out the 6 quid to HibsTV in the hope the stream will be better. The HUNS game was a bit stuttery on the site I used.....but free:wink:

MelbourneHibby
07-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Despite the sig name now living in Sydney....

Does anyone know a good boozer in the city to watch the game with lots of fellow Hibees?

Cheers in advance !

:notworthy:

iwelumooooooooo
07-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Hi, game is on showsports 2 - so will be on just about everywhere. I will probably watch in dilmun club - let me know and i will sign you in.

As you can guess this has went down like a lead balloon.

scott7_0(Prague)
07-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Despite the sig name now living in Sydney....

Does anyone know a good boozer in the city to watch the game with lots of fellow Hibees?

Cheers in advance !

:notworthy:

There is a sport bar on George Street that usually show the games, its a basement bar just near the corner of Liverpool Street or you could try Scruffy Murphys, good luck.

SaudiHibby
07-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi, game is on showsports 2 - so will be on just about everywhere. I will probably watch in dilmun club - let me know and i will sign you in.

Whats yer number and I will call you, need to sign someone in to the Dilmun ( a hibby). Should be outside at 2.30pm:thumbsup:

HibeeJoxy
07-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Does anyone have any links to dodgy free online streaming of the game? :confused:

I'm stuck in work today and have sorted by HibsTV subscription yet