PDA

View Full Version : could both OF managers be gone by Christmas?

andrew_dundee
29-10-2009, 02:01 AM
the only reason their both enjoying any support right now is because the other one is gash, is there a chance both OF managers will be gone by Christmas? Rangers will need a sacraficial lamb and TM is simply not cut out for the hoops job and probably should have stayed down South

thoughts?

southern hibby
29-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Hope so as this would bring unrest among the biggot brothers and possibly enhance our chance to split them.

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Smith will be there till January at least, Mowbray on the other hand????????

IWasThere2016
29-10-2009, 08:46 AM
What a :faf: moment that would be! :pray:

dangermouse
29-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Maybe they could swap jobs.

Leithenhibby
29-10-2009, 09:01 AM
O'how sweet that would be :thumbsup:

I could find myself paying for that pleasure...:wink:

Al_Bundy
29-10-2009, 09:03 AM
I think the question is more who would want the jobs? I feel they would have to settle for a SPL manager. Who from the championship(that is any good) would want to come up here? Billy Davies?!

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 09:15 AM
There is no way the board will sack mowbray in January - not a chance.

Anyone who thinks they will, clearly nws nothing about those who run Celtic.

The thing is, under strcahan we got put out at home v Falkikr and Hearts (06 and 07), so results like this are hardlly news and real follwoers of celtic are not surprised by last nights result.

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 09:18 AM
There is no way the board will sack mowbray in January - not a chance.

Anyone who thinks they will, clearly nws nothing about those who run Celtic.

The thing is, under strcahan we got put out at home v Falkikr and Hearts (06 and 07), so results like this are hardlly news and real follwoers of celtic are not surprised by last nights result.

His record, as has been pointed out, is worse than that of John Barnes, so why should his ultimate outcome be any different??

dangermouse
29-10-2009, 09:20 AM
His record, as has been pointed out, is worse than that of John Barnes, so why should his ultimate outcome be any different??

But has he won more than he has lost? :wink:

Tinyclothes
29-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I think the question is more who would want the jobs? I feel they would have to settle for a SPL manager. Who from the championship(that is any good) would want to come up here? Billy Davies?!

Not sure Davies would come up as he has Forest going well at the moment and is in with a chance of the playoffs at this rate. I think the huns could go back in for Souness and Celtic might go for Larsson now he's retired.

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 09:26 AM

Dermott Desmond has more power now than then.

Lawwell is the Chief Exec and not Alan McDonald.

More Conservative with Cash.

Barnes blew MUCH more money.

Serious dressing room unrest.

Barnes had a better squad of players.

Rangers are not rubbing our noses in it.

We are still top of the league and will be "in it" in January, unlike when under Barnes.

Trust me, I can read Celtic like a book, if he goes it will because he walks.

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Dermott Desmond has more power now than then.

Lawwell is the Chief Exec and not Alan McDonald.

More Conservative with Cash.

Barnes blew MUCH more money.

Serious dressing room unrest.

Barnes had a better squad of players.

Rangers are not rubbing our noses in it.

We are still top of the league and will be "in it" in January, unlike when under Barnes.

Trust me, I can read Celtic like a book, if he goes it will because he walks.

Possibly so, but i still think it is because of his background of being a former celtic player that will buy him more time. It has also been known of him to walk anyhoo, hasn't it?:wink:

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Possibly so, but i still think it is because of his background of being a former celtic player that will buy him more time. It has also been known of him to walk anyhoo, hasn't it?:wink:

Seriously, between this and the garbage you are talking on the other thread, it is clear you know nothing about Celtic. You obviously never heard the abuse he got last night. I did. I never heard Strachan get any when we lost to Falkirk or Hearts- kinda effs up yer theory. :agree:

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Seriously, between this and the garbage you are talking on the other thread, it is clear you know nothing about Celtic. You obviously never heard the abuse he got last night. I did. I never heard Strachan get any when we lost to Falkirk or Hearts- kinda effs up yer theory. :agree:

Just because I have a different point of view from your, very blinkered, one doesn't make me wrong, though I admit I could be well wide of the mark. There in is the difference between you and me, I admit that I may be wrong, You on the other hand seem incapable of that.
Certainly I don't know all the ins and outs at Parkhead...Why would I?? I'm a Hibby. I do know that you got rid of a manager who had a better record than the present one and I also know that Strachan, for whatever reason, would not have been accepted by most, or at least a very large minority, of sellik fans.

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Just because I have a different point of view from your, very blinkered, one doesn't make me wrong, though I admit I could be well wide of the mark. There in is the difference between you and me, I admit that I may be wrong, You on the other hand seem incapable of that.
Certainly I don't know all the ins and outs at Parkhead...Why would I?? I'm a Hibby. I do know that you got rid of a manager who had a better record than the present one and I also know that Strachan, for whatever reason, would not have been accepted by most, or at least a very large minority, of sellik fans.

More informed mate. More informed. :agree:

Eh???? The present one is just in the door FFS!!!

Also, as you say "I don't know all the ins and outs of Parkhead", well why try bleating on that "most Celtic fans did nota ccpet him", if this was teh case he'd have never lasted 4 years. The fact is Mowbray is getting nore heat after last night than Strachan EVER did.

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 10:49 AM
More informed mate. More informed. :agree:

:thumbsup: Like it

Eh???? The present one is just in the door FFS!!!

Also, as you say "I don't know all the ins and outs of Parkhead", well why try bleating on that "most Celtic fans did nota ccpet him", if this was teh case he'd have never lasted 4 years. The fact is Mowbray is getting nore heat after last night than Strachan EVER did.

So was John Barnes "just in the door":greengrin

I also said that it was most/large minority:wink:
I got this from working/knowing a lot of celtic fans and listening to their POV, or are they not real Celtic fans??

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 10:57 AM
So was John Barnes "just in the door":greengrin

I also said that it was most/large minority:wink:
I got this from working/knowing a lot of celtic fans and listening to their POV, or are they not real Celtic fans??

My point is, how can you compare the relative merits of a guy wh was there for four years and given money to spend, with a guy who has been there 3 months and not had much to spend?

Also, if you interpretation of what I post is anything to go by, I woudl take what you say about the tims you know, with a pinch of salt.

Woody1985
29-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Hope so as this would bring unrest among the biggot brothers and possibly enhance our chance to split them.

Disagree, new managers tend to rejuvenate sides. Keeps the both of them. .

If I wanted to see any of them out the door it would be TM as he'd the one with the potential to change them to a good team. I suspect Celtic will give someone a humping soon but look suspect at the back

WS and Rangers are ****ed.

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 11:14 AM
My point is, how can you compare the relative merits of a guy wh was there for four years and given money to spend, with a guy who has been there 3 months and not had much to spend?

Also, if you interpretation of what I post is anything to go by, I woudl take what you say about the tims you know, with a pinch of salt.

Oh I agree it is hard to compare, but it won't be me comparing them. It won't take long though before celtic fans become aware that TM's record is worse than that of JB, then what (if it doesn't improve)??

As far as taking what I say with a pinch of salt...thats up to you. As I said I go by what I see or what I'm told by other (obviously lesser) celtic fans, many of who are season ticket holders and have been for many years. But who are they to know? you are obviously the fountain of all celtic knowledge:greengrin.

jacomo
29-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Smith will be there till January at least, Mowbray on the other hand????????

Have to say, Jack Regan is talking some sense.

Mowbray is more likely to walk than get sacked (and I do wonder if he will continue to put up with the grief for much longer).

Watty, on the other hand, seems more and more angry with the state of things, and could resign if it protects his reputation. Let's face it, Rangers problems are partly down to their manager, who has not spent wisely.

sean
29-10-2009, 11:20 AM
cant see mowbray getting sacked.

just in the door,and would have to take some major defeats for a sacking,i really dont know if celtic are really a sacking club.

they didnt play great last night and play what most celtic fans would expect there team to play like.

but they were unlukcy not to score,anyone watching the game would have to agree.

Also i thought hearts counter attacked well and mikey stewart,concalves and nade performed well for them

--------
29-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Disagree, new managers tend to rejuvenate sides. Keeps the both of them.

If I wanted to see any of them out the door it would be TM as he'd the one with the potential to change them to a good team. I suspect Celtic will give someone a humping soon but look suspect at the back

WS and Rangers are ****ed.

Three thoughts.

First, WS and Rangers may be in trouble right now, but they're in the semis of the CIS and we're not. Also I suspect (going on past experience) that the rumours of Rangers demise have been grossly exaggerated. I do NOT expect to see the news of an Ibrox bankruptcy on the front page of the Herald any time in the near future.

Second, little respect as I have left for Tony Mowbray, he did complete a decent and positive two and a half years at ER, and left us in a much better position than he found us. I think he's taken on a job that's really beyond him - he's a good coach and great with young players - a bit like Dario Gradi, perhaps. I doubt whether he has the ruthlessness to be a success at a club like Celtic. But I do feel it's unseemly for us to gloating over his situation.

Third and most important - right now the Jambos are in the CIS semis along with Rangers. This means they're 2 games away from having the same sort of Grand Day Out that we enjoyed at Hampden in March 2007. And success for THEM is bad for us - that's basic football life in Edinburgh, and always has been. I would much rather Celtic had won last night than the Yams. I devoutly hope and pray they lose the semi - whoever they're playing.

But those of us who reckoned the derby was a done deal and have been looking forward to watching Hibs handing out a tanking to them at Tynie in 10 days time need to stop and think hard. That's going to be a VERY tough game, and I wouldn't be surprised if we were beaten.

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 11:28 AM
cant see mowbray getting sacked.

just in the door,and would have to take some major defeats for a sacking,i really dont know if celtic are really a sacking club.

they didnt play great last night and play what most celtic fans would expect there team to play like.

but they were unlukcy not to score,anyone watching the game would have to agree.

Also i thought hearts counter attacked well and mikey stewart,concalves and nade performed well for them

Unlike us, celtic won't put up with application over results. John Barnes learned this the hard way. TM's record is worse than that of JB's so why should the outcome be any different??

--------
29-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Think the emphasis should be on TOUGH, Hearts are very physical and don't allow the opposition time or space. no need to be better if you cancel out the opposition, just need that bit of luck which we all hope for in games.

That may be true.

It doesn't make the derby any easier for us. Hibs will need to be at the top of their game to get anything from it, IMO.

And if you'd seen as many games as I have where Hibs have played the better football, done the bulk of the attacking, and 'enjoyed' the bulk of the possession - and LOST - you'd know where I'm coming from.

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Have to say, Jack Regan is talking some sense.

Mowbray is more likely to walk than get sacked (and I do wonder if he will continue to put up with the grief for much longer).

Watty, on the other hand, seems more and more angry with the state of things, and could resign if it protects his reputation. Let's face it, Rangers problems are partly down to their manager, who has not spent wisely.

As someone sadi to me last night, Celtic paid £20m or so of debt off to get to where we are. Rangers CREATED £20m odd of debt to get where they are. :greengrin

sean
29-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Unlike us, celtic won't put up with application over results. John Barnes learned this the hard way. TM's record is worse than that of JB's so why should the outcome be any different??

I agree.
But...i think the board at celtic will keep him because i think they realise that they cannot compete with other leagues EG england,and the draw of the champions league is not enough for a top drawer name.

For this reason alone i can see him staying at celtic.

--------
29-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Totally agree, I think we may need a few tactical changes throughout the game as well as every player performing well.

This is why I don't like it when people start predicting big wins for us. Football can change so quickly - 24 hours ago the Yams were struggling and we were cruising. Now? Not quite so clear-cut. And if we were to lose and they won at the weekend.....

It would be wonderful if the teams playing good football always won, but they don't. In football, too often, thugs and cheats DO prosper.

Keith_M
29-10-2009, 01:11 PM
It would be amazing if it were to happen but I can only see Smith leaving.

Thing is, people are pointing out how bad Rangers are but if they were that bad, would Celtic not be well clear of them by now? Right enough, though, mybe it just means that they're both relatively poor at the moment. Still in the top two positions though......

andrew_dundee
29-10-2009, 01:39 PM
i could see Smith taking a more ceremonial role in the club which would give him an honorable escape clause

regarding Celtic- they've had a dire start to the season, a couple more bad results and dropping crowds and their 'celtic minded' manager may have to take a walk, out the diddy cup, out of europe and having lost the only derby of the season... not a great start