PDA

View Full Version : Yams They were quite good last night (?)

miniboco
28-10-2009, 09:31 PM
As it says, after tonight, should we be slightly more worried about our visit to the PBS in a fortnight's time than the humping a few folk have been suggesting we're gonna give them.

I knoq its only one match, but the fact is they've gone to "paradise", kept a clean sheet and put celtic out.

And does anyone think our 4-2-4 can stand up against a 4-5-1?

I'm not being pesimistic, i hate those ***** and hope we give em a right doin next saturday, but they did look dangerous on the counter and for the first time this season they seemed to play as a team.

Celtic had a fair few opportunities but look at us against killie last week. We;ve arguably the best strike force in Scotland yet it took a penalty 7 mins from time to give us the win. Same with Dundee UTD when we could only score one again.

I know derby's are always one off's but i think they've goven us a bit more food for thought.... no pun intended nade :wink:

Hanny
28-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Tonight was a good result for us.

They'll start to believe they're a football team again :wink:

I didn't want to go to Tynie with them struggling and not having won, they'd be far more dangerous then.

MrSmith
28-10-2009, 09:35 PM
I'm never confident going into a derby anyway! All you need do is look at last season when the mob from the west end said they were going to hump us, we were ****, no team nor tactics, we were just crap and it will be a beating of astronomical proportions, even going as far to say that it would be a t least seven they would put past us!!

Well, what happened....our *****y team won one nil! thats how derbies go, all form out the window.

Nakedmanoncrack
28-10-2009, 09:36 PM
As it says, after tonight, should we be slightly more worried about our visit to the PBS in a fortnight's time than the humping a few folk have been suggesting we're gonna give them.

Only absolute fools are shouting about what a doing we are going to give them, I can't believe given the history of the fixture that people still carry on making fools of themselves like that.

bingo70
28-10-2009, 09:37 PM

I knoq its only one match, but the fact is they've gone to "paradise", kept a clean sheet and put celtic out.

And does anyone think our 4-2-4 can stand up against a 4-5-1?

I'm not being pesimistic, i hate those ***** and hope we give em a right doin next saturday, but they did look dangerous on the counter and for the first time this season they seemed to play as a team.

Celtic had a fair few opportunities but look at us against killie last week. We;ve arguably the best strike force in Scotland yet it took a penalty 7 mins from time to give us the win. Same with Dundee UTD when we could only score one again.

I know derby's are always one off's but i think they've goven us a bit more food for thought.... no pun intended nade :wink:

I think them winning tonight might help us in the derby, could act as a bit of a reality check as i think many of us, myself included, were getting carried away at how bad they are.

They're still pish, and there for the taking but if we're not at our best we'll lose.

Biggie
28-10-2009, 09:37 PM
maybe help keep our feet on the ground....they spawned it tonight (on a good night celtc would have scored 4/5)....but typical stubborness and spawneyness saw the yams through....just like many a derby.

Hainan Hibs
28-10-2009, 09:38 PM
I think with our record in derby matches, and given this game is at ***********, any hibs fan that thinks we just need to turn up should get their heid examined.

matty_f
28-10-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm never confident going into a derby anyway! All you need do is look at last season when the mob from the west end said they were going to hump us, we were ****, no team nor tactics, we were just crap and it will be a beating of astronomical proportions, even going as far to say that it would be a t least seven they would put past us!!

Well, what happened....our *****y team won one nil! thats how derbies go, all form out the window.

I think them winning tonight might help us in the derby, could act as a bit of a reality check as i think many of us, myself included, were getting carried away at how bad they are.

They're still pish, and there for the taking but if we're not at our best we'll lose.

maybe help keep our feet on the ground....they spawned it tonight (on a good night celtc would have scored 4/5)....but typical stubborness and spawneyness saw the yams through....just like many a derby.

:agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-10-2009, 09:41 PM
What? worry about that garbage? don't make me laugh!, the smellies carved their pishy defence open almost at will and should have scored 5, but I've no doubt the 400.000 massive beast will be claiming champs league next season

:jamboak:

Alex Trager
28-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Tonight was a good result for us.

They'll start to believe they're a football team again :wink:

I didn't want to go to Tynie with them struggling and not having won, they'd be far more dangerous then.

Correct , btw if they play as they did in the last twenty mins(that's all i seen) we will open them up and inilate them.But the fact they might get a couple of wins under their belt will be good for us ,as long as we keep winning , but as i warned everyone DO NOT go shouting your mouths off cos we will be made sorry, hich i dont want to happen

7Hero
28-10-2009, 09:43 PM
im not worried, i just think it is going to be harder.

as much as we all think hearts are pish, they have a better defence than we do and there midfield will battle more too. these things count in derbies, for all the fancy footballers we have sometimes it isnt enough.

erskine-hibby
28-10-2009, 09:45 PM
A derby is a derby and anything can happen.
That said, I never saw anything tonight that would make me quiver in my boots coming up against them:agree:

iwasthere1972
28-10-2009, 09:45 PM
If Celtic (Samaras) had managed to convert half of their chances tonight then we would be laughling at the Yams.

Two crap teams. One crappier than the other. :agree:

Baader
28-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Sadly, they're not quite as bad as a lot of people would have you think. Tonight proves that and should help us keep our feet firmly on the ground. We won't take anything without giving it our all. When you've seen Hibs lose at home to teams like Stranraer or at Hampden to Livvy, you realise never to get carried away! If we dig in we can win it but think them winning tonight helps us realise that.

The Voice Of Reason
28-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Only absolute fools are shouting about what a doing we are going to give them, I can't believe given the history of the fixture that people still carry on making fools of themselves like that.

:agree: :top marks

Broken Gnome
28-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Hearts in managing to grind out a result shocker. The thing they've always been capable of doing.

For all we look a decent football team these days, it was only one against Dundee United, only one against Killie and only one against Rangers. Feet. On the. Ground.

Woody70x2
28-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Didn't see anything from Hearts tonight that worries me... won the game from a scabby penalty, decent goalkeeping and poor finishing.

Although thought Nade done well on a couple of occasions :shocked:

matty_f
If Celtic (Samaras) had managed to convert half of their chances tonight then we would be laughling at the Yams.

Two crap teams. One crappier than the other. :agree:

:agree: Have to bear that in mind as well, Celtc could easily have put 5 past them tonight.

miniboco
can i ask what's peoples opinions on our 4-2-4 vs there 4-5-1?

do you think we should change it up or replace personel e.g. going 4-4-2 with stokes and nish/benji up front and then bring on deek and zouma with 35 mins to go or just go for it for the full 90 mins.

Just think with deeks and zouma we mite get overrun in midfield if we et hit on the counter as good as mcbride and miller are and with spoony being a little bit shaky. I know he'll be well up for the derby but i remember his debut against st mirren and on a couple of occasions he had a hole in his foot when it came to trapping the ball and wallace and driver are far more likely to punish us...

again not meaning to be pesimistic but its a derby! Rangers - **** it 4-2-4 in their on back yard but with the yams.... its a game we can NEVER afford to lose!

woody47
28-10-2009, 09:50 PM
What a lot of people forget is it is mostly those er$es from PBS that do all the shouting about how they are going to do this and do that to us.

I reckon most Hibs fans know that form goes out the window with a derby and I honestly think that is the same in most derbies around the world.

Lets just hope we raise our game to the level we KNOW we can play at and if we do we should get the result. :thumbsup:

Sylar
28-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Why people are worried based on Hearts' performance tonight is beyond me.

I don't fall into the "we're going to horse them" camp, as I'm not so niave to believe this derby will be different to any other in regards to form.

Having said that, we're playing well just now, creating chances, scoring goals and look relatively solid across all areas for the time being.

Hearts are gash up front, and their goal came from a penalty. Although Nade looked a lot better tonight than past performances, Wittenveen looked shocking and they've nothing much else in reserve.

Driver will hurt us a little if he can get down the flank, but his end product is still questionable, at best.

I'm "quietly optomistic" is probably the best way to describe it.

As a side issue, have Rangers or Celtic won a game since all of this talk of moving out of Scotland kicked off? :devil:

bingo70
28-10-2009, 09:56 PM

do you think we should change it up or replace personel e.g. going 4-4-2 with stokes and nish/benji up front and then bring on deek and zouma with 35 mins to go or just go for it for the full 90 mins.

Just think with deeks and zouma we mite get overrun in midfield if we et hit on the counter as good as mcbride and miller are and with spoony being a little bit shaky. I know he'll be well up for the derby but i remember his debut against st mirren and on a couple of occasions he had a hole in his foot when it came to trapping the ball and wallace and driver are far more likely to punish us...

again not meaning to be pesimistic but its a derby! Rangers - **** it 4-2-4 in their on back yard but with the yams.... its a game we can NEVER afford to lose!

Absolutely no chance, Zouma is unplayable the now, you get players like that on the pitch.

It's a 4-2-4 but Mcbride does a great job at covering so i see no reason to change it, after seeing that tonight i'm confident that if our big players play we'll create a lot of chances, for all the rave reviews the young guy thomson has been getting i wasn't impressed with him tonight.

MSK
28-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Yams done at parkhead what other teams do at parkhead & that is step up a gear ..yams were above average against an average team tonight....

rightwinger
28-10-2009, 09:59 PM
No need to worry. It's a good thing.

The worry for me would be if Hearts continued the way they were going. No goals, no wins, turmoil etc etc = Hearts 2-0 Hibs.

Now Hearts have a good result and will get a bit of a reprieve and confidence from that. Contrary to most teams, I think Hearts are quite vulnerable when they are contented and confident.

The result will also help Yogi convince us and the players that the derby will be a tough game. Provided we go into the game knowing that, we'll have a good chance.

Technically, I don't think Hearts are bad side. Obua, Stewart, Driver and even Nade are decent players in their own right and they're capable of beating anybody on the right night. They lack cohesion and unity though and are probably a bit over-reliant on the above players. For all we laugh at him, you can't expect Nade to be a lone striker, target man, and frequent goalscorer. Stewart's problems stem from the fact he tries to influence too much and takes all the teams problems on his shoulders when he should just get on with being a half-decent SPL midfielder.

We certainly shouldn't fear Hearts, but we must be wary of them. If we can compete physically with them, I think we'll be ok.

Ed De Gramo
28-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Really pains me to say this...but Hearts won tonight because they wanted it more than the Plastics :agree:

For Mowbray to start with just Killen upfront is pathetic..

Starting to wonder if the Nade jibes are gonna come back to haunt us :boo hoo:

Lets hope they get Rangers next round :agree:

That said, they yams are dodgy at the back and I think that big flunt at the back is an accident waiting to happen :agree:

Best way for the yams to loose the head is get Stewart crooked early on :thumbsup::thumbsup:

matty_f
28-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Really pains me to say this...but Hearts won tonight because they wanted it more than the Plastics :agree:

Have you been drinking?:confused:

The Yams won because Samaras couldn't score in a brothel. Stick any one of our strikers on the end of his chances and the Yams would have lost by a couple of goals tonight.:agree:

I don't think Celtc looked like they were found wanting for endevour, I think they were found wanting on quality.

Ed De Gramo
28-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Have you been drinking?:confused:

The Yams won because Samaras couldn't score in a brothel. Stick any one of our strikers on the end of his chances and the Yams would have lost by a couple of goals tonight.:agree:

I don't think Celtc looked like they were found wanting for endevour, I think they were found wanting on quality.

Mowbray started with 1 up front...which is a no no at home...unless you're Hearts or playing a stronger opposition

Minder
28-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Would be happier if Goncalves was missing. Potentially we could give them the mother of all horsings.

Dunbar Hibee

That said, they yams are dodgy at the back and I think that big flunt at the back is an accident waiting to happen :agree:

Best way for the yams to loose the head is get Stewart crooked early on :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:bitchy: I'd rather they got St Mirren or St Johnstone !

bingo70

How did they want it more than Celtic?

They won it because Celtic missed sitters and didn't make the most of there chances.

If Hearts won the midfield battle and limited Celtics chances then i'd agree they wanted it more but they didn't.

Credit where credits due though, going to Glasgow and winning is never easy so they did well to do so.

Judas Iscariot
28-10-2009, 10:09 PM
They were crap and VERY lucky..

Anti football at it's best, spent the best part of 90mins with 10 men and the Nade behind the ball..

Bunch of cloggers!

The Voice Of Reason
28-10-2009, 10:10 PM
:bitchy: I'd rather they got St Mirren or St Johnstone !

Why :confused:

Surely it is better that they get Rangers in the Semi (more chance of them getting beat).

Why risk them getting to a final....more chance of them winning it. Even if they beat Rangers in the Semi, they would still need to win the final.

bingo70
28-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Mowbray started with 1 up front...which is a no no at home...unless you're Hearts or playing a stronger opposition

In that system, Mcgeady and Maloney are effectively forwards as well.

Judas Iscariot
28-10-2009, 10:11 PM
In that system, Mcgeady and Maloney are effectively forwards as well.

Aswell as that Zheng fellay..

Why let the facts get in the way of a Gamro post tho :confused:

Ed De Gramo
28-10-2009, 10:11 PM
They were crap and VERY lucky..

Anti football at it's best, spent the best part of 90mins with 10 men and the Nade behind the ball..

Bunch of cloggers!

Hopefully anti fitba is outclassed a week on saturday :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stokes & Benji running at the hopeless centre pairing

StevieC
28-10-2009, 10:12 PM
should we be worried

Only if we sign Samaras between now and the game!

:eek:

Thegreenside
28-10-2009, 10:13 PM
no. a first string hibs team are alot, alot better than what celtic put out tonight.

Judas Iscariot
Hopefully anti fitba is outclassed a week on saturday :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stokes & Benji running at the hopeless centre pairing

To be fair, they seem pretty strong at the back..

Young Thomson is a good player, Wallace kept McGeady quiet until he started through the middle and the 2 CH's dealt with everything Sellick through at them..

Class will out though :flag:

Dunbar Hibee
Why :confused:

Surely it is better that they get Rangers in the Semi (more chance of them getting beat).

Why risk them getting to a final....more chance of them winning it. Even if they beat Rangers in the Semi, they would still need to win the final.

Rangers are ***** as well, I could probably see Hearts doing what they done tonight and beating them. Thats why.

Jim44
I don't grudge the Jambos a tiny whiff of success when it's at the expense of one of the ugly sisters. Hearts probably won't go any further in the cup but the damage done to Celtic and the problems faced by their ugly sister is the best thing to happen to Scottish football in years.

CB_NO3
28-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Celtic are really poor, we should have nothing to fear playing against the Old Firm, Celtic struggled to beat Hamilton, got beat of Hearts. A celtic fan told me they are on their worst run at Parkhead in over 60 years, am sure that includes the European games aswell but still, for them its poor.

Hainan Hibs
28-10-2009, 10:18 PM
After dig after dig after dig about it being a wee cup/diddy cup, they have lost any right to celebrate any success in the competition.

The Voice Of Reason
28-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Rangers are ***** as well, I could probably see Hearts doing what they done tonight and beating them. Thats why.

You would surely concede that Rangers are better than St Mirren and St Johnstone ?!?!?

Therefore it is preferable (for us Hibbys) that Hearts draw Rangers in the Semi........surely.........no ?!?

Ed De Gramo
28-10-2009, 10:20 PM
After dig after dig after dig about it being a wee cup/diddy cup, they have lost any right to celebrate any success in the competition.

apparently it's still a diddy cup :rolleyes:

How deluded can they be....silly question :greengrin

jacomo
28-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't grudge the Jambos a tiny whiff of success when it's at the expense of one of the ugly sisters. Hearts probably won't go any further in the cup but the damage done to Celtic and the problems faced by their ugly sister is the best thing to happen to Scottish football in years.

Don't begrudge Hearts their win, however they achieved it.

The Yammish multitude certainly wanted more than the Plastics. 20,000 crowd eh?

Interesting result for Laszlo too... I thought the knives were being sharpened, but no way Vlad can sack him the morn now.

jabis
28-10-2009, 10:22 PM

Young Thomson is a good player, Wallace kept McGeady quiet until he started through the middle and the 2 CH's dealt with everything Sellick through at them..

Class will out though :flag:

seemingly a Hibs season ticket holder until recently,favourite player.....Riordan !

truehibernian
28-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Have to say that Hearts deserved that tonight albeit the Celtic formation, tactics and lack of finishing was unbelievable. They worked hard and at times played with 3 up front on the break. Thank **** they rely on Driver as heavily and don't have another out ball though. Not worried at all however as their formation is quite good for the current Hibs line up, with the young Thomson showing tonight (like Wotherspoon) that he is still finding his feet. Zemmama, Riordan or Benji on him would see panic on that flank, and Bouzid is even more clumsy than our Sol. Celtic had far greater success through the middle of that Hearts defence, which is exactly where wee Zemmama is at his best. Shocking set pieces from both sides tonight though. Well done to Los Yambolinos though.....not so diddy a diddy cup now eh.......but their arrogance and self importance will clearly have them jet propelling themselves to Champions League glory once again...........prior to them getting their compulsory pumping off Motherwell :wink:

bingo70
28-10-2009, 10:26 PM

Interesting result for Laszlo too... I thought the knives were being sharpened, but no way Vlad can sack him the morn now.

you reckon?

jdships
28-10-2009, 10:33 PM
I know it's a well worn cliche but "Celtic lost that game Hearts didn't win it"

Celtic were very predictable , to say the least, and only when McGeady started coming inside ( plan B ) in the second half did they really look dangerous.
Must say was impressed with Wallace - put in a fine shift.
McCourt lwill be a good player when he makes up his mind exactly what he is trying to achieve.

Accepting its the first time I have seen a full Hearts match this season was not terribly impressed.
If they stick with that squad I imagine they will lose more games than they will win

:greengrin

jacomo
28-10-2009, 10:38 PM
you reckon?

You're right - what am I saying?

Vlad can do exactly as he pleases. He always has up til now.

matty_f
28-10-2009, 10:41 PM

There's a bit of me that would like to see them win it, just to see them all not go to Hampden to make a point, and not applaud when they won it, and not come out to see the cup going to the PBS, just so they wouldn't lose face.

Of course, we know that wouldn't happen.:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
28-10-2009, 10:42 PM

I reckon his little outburst has cost him his job...especially with some U-21 manager being brought in as DOF

Removed
28-10-2009, 10:45 PM
There's a bit of me that would like to see them win it, just to see them all not go to Hampden to make a point, and not applaud when they won it, and not come out to see the cup going to the PBS, just so they wouldn't lose face.

Of course, we know that wouldn't happen.:greengrin

:agree: me too. My yam next door neiighbour had MM's at all his windows when we won it. I'd like to see what the fud does if they win it

northseahibby
28-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Not the best day at musselburgh races,
but hey ho...we got 7/1 on the ****bos...easy money....
good old tony.......

hibbysam
28-10-2009, 11:01 PM
well im pretty sure the finaal is the same weekend as the next derby at tyniee so id likee to see hearts get to the finaal:grr: juust so we get anotheer midweek derby through theree which we seem to win moree often than we losee :greengrin:greengrin

well then agaain maybee not :thumbsup::thumbsup: mon whoeveer they get in the semis

drifter533814
28-10-2009, 11:02 PM
It was samoras that cost celtic that game, extremely inept performance up front when he joined the game. But good result for the yam's none the less, still think we will have enough to win at the PBS.

Saorsa
28-10-2009, 11:04 PM
nah! **** the h****s

Sergey
28-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Is there a subliminal undertone in the title of this thread?

Gatecrasher
28-10-2009, 11:09 PM
i would rather be keekin it, last time i was, we won! :cool2:

iwasthere1972
28-10-2009, 11:19 PM
well im pretty sure the finaal is the same weekend as the next derby at tyniee so id likee to see hearts get to the finaal:grr: juust so we get anotheer midweek derby through theree which we seem to win moree often than we losee :greengrin:greengrin

well then agaain maybee not :thumbsup::thumbsup: mon whoeveer they get in the semis

Is your keyboard faulty or is it just you? :greengrin

MrRobot
28-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Wouldnt get too cocky about the derby anyway. Like people have said, form goes out the window in a derby. Last season they were arrogant and full of confidence thinking they would beat us, only for us to win it.

We have a stronger team, but things can happen on the day.

plhibs
28-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Gees i'm waiting to see if we can get a result on Saturday. The Derby can wait.:grr:

Liberal Hibby
29-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Oh god - the over confidence on here is both wonderful and appalling.

Let's be clear Hearts are always difficult to beat at home - regardless of their league position. Our league position is surely still influenced by the balance of home and away games - we've still played one more at home than away (and after Aberdeen it will be two more). Hearts of course have played more away than at home.

If we get a draw against both Aberdeen and Hearts - I'll be pleased, but I wouldn't be surprised if we come away with nothing from our next two games and it would be a very good reality check for the ever increasing number of uncritical Yogiphiles on this board.

And to think I used to be called a happy clapper...

Hibbyradge
29-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Is it possible to get a bet on 2 week's results in a row?

Hearts to get a point at Motherwell and to win on the 7th.

Certainty.

Hearts were 9th at this stage of season and finished 3rd, by the way.

Woody1985
29-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Oh god - the over confidence on here is both wonderful and appalling.

Let's be clear Hearts are always difficult to beat at home - regardless of their league position. Our league position is surely still influenced by the balance of home and away games - we've still played one more at home than away (and after Aberdeen it will be two more). Hearts of course have played more away than at home.

If we get a draw against both Aberdeen and Hearts - I'll be pleased, but I wouldn't be surprised if we come away with nothing from our next two games and it would be a very good reality check for the ever increasing number of uncritical Yogiphiles on this board.

And to think I used to be called a happy clapper...

What a crappy sounding reference. People will always support managers if they are doing well. That's just football fans.

Maybe some people don't want to analyse every run of every player on the park, analyse every tactical move by the manager, shout at him for making a sub 3 minutes after they should. Some people just want to enjoy going along for a bit of fun and 'success' without having to criticise everything they see.

Everything in this world can be improved. People never take enough time to just sit back and enjoy things from time to time.

Sir David Gray
29-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Gees i'm waiting to see if we can get a result on Saturday. The Derby can wait.:grr:

:agree: A lot of people on here seem to be treating Saturday's game as a mixture of a foregone conclusion, an irrelevance and a needless distraction.

It is none of those things as far as I'm concerned. The match with Aberdeen is a massive match for us as the two sides immediately above and below us in the table (Dundee Utd and Rangers) play each other on Sunday so it is a huge opportunity for us to move ahead of the pair of them and be clear in 2nd place.

Let's start talking about the Derby from Sunday onwards and concentrate fully on the immediate job at hand, for the time being.

plhibs
29-10-2009, 12:22 AM
:agree: A lot of people on here seem to be treating Saturday's game as a mixture of a foregone conclusion, an irrelevance and a needless distraction.

It is none of those things as far as I'm concerned. The match with Aberdeen is a massive match for us as the two sides immediately above and below us in the table (Dundee Utd and Rangers) play each other on Sunday so it is a huge opportunity for us to move ahead of the pair of them and be clear in 2nd place.

Let's start talking about the Derby from Sunday onwards and concentrate fully on the immediate job at hand, for the time being.

:top marks

Gatecrasher
29-10-2009, 12:26 AM

I agree FH I think the dons will give us a hard game on Saturday but I don't blame folk for discussing the derby as it's such a huge game for us.

Liberal Hibby
29-10-2009, 12:26 AM

Quite.

Hainan Hibs
29-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Is your keyboard faulty or is it just you? :greengrin

Whaaat areee youuuu taaalking aaaaabout? :greengrin

Kato
29-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Gives us the heads up for next week. Game on, nothing comes easy at Tynie for us.

jgl07
29-10-2009, 02:24 AM
Aye there was no way that he could sack Burley was there?

Rory89
29-10-2009, 05:34 AM
I think the key is to get absolutely reeking at the Roseburn from 9am onwards, then you won't be worrying about anything before the game. :wink:

Steve20
29-10-2009, 05:53 AM
As I have said all along, they are nowhere near as bad as some on here would like to think. They are also the home team next week, which means they will go into the match as favourites.

CRAZYHIBBY
29-10-2009, 06:59 AM
i actually thought hearts did well last night and we need to be at our very best to beat them, the danger men for me are nade ...(yes nade...he seems to keep his goals for us...well 2 ) and subo

Hibs7
29-10-2009, 07:13 AM
This is a cup I fancy one of the Saints to win :thumbsup:

EskbankHibby
29-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Did it finish 1-0?

My eyes have just stopped bleeding after that 1st half, seems Hearts adventurous 8-1-1 may be the way forward for them.

Barney McGrew
29-10-2009, 07:25 AM

Thomson got ripped for ersepaper by McCourt when he came on, McGeady was crap on the outside but caused them major problems when he came inside and you're right that their centre halfs dealt with everything they had thrown at them (despite standing watching Celtc miss numerous second half chances that is).

If they're that strong at the back, I'd not be expecting them to have conceded more goals than everyone in the league bar Falkirk, St Johnstone and Hamilton.

Still, I've no doubt last night's fluke will having them all crawling back out of the woodwork again proclaiming Vlad's greatness and getting their Champions League quest back on track.

I'm sure they won't be getting that excited about a wee cup though - I thought they weren't bothered about it :confused:

PeeKay
29-10-2009, 07:35 AM
In the wider scheme of things, last night's result is good news. The yams have been toiling of late - and then Mad Vlad turns up in Edinburgh for the first time this season, gives his boys a pep-talk and lo and behold, next day they go to Glasgow and win. Now Vlad can turn to Laszlo and say, "See? That's how to motive your players. Now get on with it and stop bleating about needing new players in January".
As a sideshow, the result also further destabilises Smeltic and increases the changes of the OF being split this season.

cannastar
29-10-2009, 07:36 AM
i think st johnstones name is on the cup this year...they beat us after we beat them on saturday previous so id like to see perth receive some silverware.

Septimus
29-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Well done Hearts. It is really good for we Hibbys to re-assume the mantle of underdog in Edinburgh and I for one bow to their superiority in everything except peg selling. Last night it looked to me as though any player who ran at their defence with the ball at his feet made good progress. We have several who can do that. They never looked like scoring except from the spot although I must confess that for a period in the first half I slept for a while. The most intriguing thing about the match was that 21 professional footballers contrived to make Nade look almost like a fellow professional. Such endeavour has to be admired.

Back to the business in hand. Our furry friends fom the North East need to be dealt with on Saturday. I noted last night that Yogi was at Parkhead. I trust that he will have formulated a plan to deal with the BIG team the following Saturday.

Ritchie
29-10-2009, 09:04 AM
anybody who thought we'd go there and pump them needed their head checked anyway!

its a derby, form means nothing...... if anything, its always bad news when we're on form and they are not!

wouldnt read too much into last night though.

celtic are gash!!:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
29-10-2009, 09:11 AM
anybody who thought we'd go there and pump them needed their head checked anyway!

its a derby, form means nothing...... if anything, its always bad news when we're on form and they are not!

wouldnt read too much into last night though.

celtic are gash!!:agree:

That's what I would take out of last night's game. Even pretty guff teams can turn over (or at least hold on for a 0-0) against either half of the OF nowadays.

Hearts haven't won a SPL match away from home for about eight months yet looked fairly comfortable for long spells last night. Celtic only really put them under the cosh in the last 25 minutes. Even then Hearts had counter attack opportunities, while having to deal with Nade inevitably tiring and having to use Witteveen.

The other good thing is that Hearts must have used up all their luck for about three months last night.

Part/Time Supporter
29-10-2009, 09:17 AM
I should add that St. Johnstone will draw them in the semis and put them out at Easter Road again. FAO any Jambos with short memories - 3 going on 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYOBU6QcO2c

Sudds_1
29-10-2009, 09:22 AM

well..........Yogi was there last night and no doubt saw plenty enough to have him think how we set up for a derby away from home against a team whose only chance of scoring a goal is to hit on the break.............

He'll not be complacent........ and he'll have them fired up for it. Then......its up to them :agree:

Mon Dieu4
29-10-2009, 09:22 AM
I saw absolutely nothing from either team last night that put the fear of god in to me, they were both rotten.

Fair enough we should not have over confidence going into the derby as anything can happen, but the fact remains, the yams are utter pish

I'm sure Zemmama, Stokes, Benji, Deek & Miller are bricking it after watching that guff last night :faf:

ahibby
29-10-2009, 10:12 AM
I was never over confident about the PBS game and last night showed just how difficult Hearts are to break down as well as how well they can hit on the break. Hearts will also get a boost from last night and will believe in their ability to beat any other team, something which was lacking before last night. They have every reason to be optimistic and we have every reason to remain cautious.

davym7062
29-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I was never over confident about the PBS game and last night showed just how difficult Hearts are to break down as well as how well they can hit on the break. Hearts will also get a boost from last night and will believe in their ability to beat any other team, something which was lacking before last night. They have every reason to be optimistic and we have every reason to remain cautious.

disagree a guff celtic team cut them open at will and samaras should have scored at least 3

Craig_in_Prague
29-10-2009, 10:23 AM
disagree a guff celtic team cut them open at will and samaras should have scored at least 3

Samaras should indeed have scored at least 3, and a few other times they were in behind with chances to shoot from close range.

Our front 4 won't be so ungrateful :greengrin

EVENTUALLY
29-10-2009, 10:28 AM
I saw absolutely nothing from either team last night that put the fear of god in to me, they were both rotten.

Fair enough we should not have over confidence going into the derby as anything can happen, but the fact remains, the yams are utter pish

I'm sure Zemmama, Stokes, Benji, Deek & Miller are bricking it after watching that guff last night :faf:

The most encouraging aspect of last night's game was the display of Celtic.

While Hearts played exactly as most folk would have predicted (4-5-1) they worked hard and carried a fair bit of luck to just about deserve the win. However they are extremely limited up front and lack midfield creativity. The boy Thomson can be pressurised and turned fairly easily, Bouzid is also shaky under pressure and the Keeper does not inspire confidence. I believe that like most games in the SPL the first goal will be crucial and if Hearts score it we are in for a difficult 90 mins. On the other hand if Hibs net first I think Hearts would struggle to alter their shape and tactics to an effective extent. FWIW I would instruct the Hibs forwards to shoot on site from anywhere within 35yards of Hearts goal to ask questions of the Keeper and not spend too much time trying to trick their way behind a packed defence.

Looking at the bigger picture its Celtic's form which gives me optimism for the rest of the season. Both the old firm have confirmed in recent weeks that they are nowhere near the forces they once were. 6 points from the next two fixtures would go some way to sending a signal that Hibs can mount a serious challenge to a cash strapped Rangers and a poor Celtic.

Kaiser_Sauzee
29-10-2009, 10:30 AM
I thought Hearts were absolutely dire, and Celtic were just as bad.

Nothing to worry about.

ahibby
29-10-2009, 10:32 AM

I disagree. Their goalie is part of their defence and he made a few decent blocks. I wouldn't be confident that our strikers would fair any better than Celtics.

Craig_in_Prague
29-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I disagree. Their goalie is part of their defence and he made a few decent blocks. I wouldn't be confident that our strikers would fair any better than Celtics.

what Paul Tosh.

One of his chances (a header with nobody marking and goalie nowhere) was put wide.

His lob, well, see Stokes on Sat.

They also had a number of free-kicks in good areas.

Still, no point in dwelling on it all, Hearts in the semi-finals, well done and good luck (not) to them.

Big weekend for Hibs coming up, beat the Dons and on Sunday UTD play Rangers, so we will benefit one way or another should we win.

Mon Dieu4
29-10-2009, 10:39 AM
The most encouraging aspect of last night's game was the display of Celtic.

While Hearts played exactly as most folk would have predicted (4-5-1) they worked hard and carried a fair bit of luck to just about deserve the win. However they are extremely limited up front and lack midfield creativity. The boy Thomson can be pressurised and turned fairly easily, Bouzid is also shaky under pressure and the Keeper does not inspire confidence. I believe that like most games in the SPL the first goal will be crucial and if Hearts score it we are in for a difficult 90 mins. On the other hand if Hibs net first I think Hearts would struggle to alter their shape and tactics to an effective extent. FWIW I would instruct the Hibs forwards to shoot on site from anywhere within 35yards of Hearts goal to ask questions of the Keeper and not spend too much time trying to trick their way behind a packed defence.

Looking at the bigger picture its Celtic's form which gives me optimism for the rest of the season. Both the old firm have confirmed in recent weeks that they are nowhere near the forces they once were. 6 points from the next two fixtures would go some way to sending a signal that Hibs can mount a serious challenge to a cash strapped Rangers and a poor Celtic.

I agree with all that, good post :agree:

Sir David Gray
29-10-2009, 10:39 AM
I agree FH I think the dons will give us a hard game on Saturday but I don't blame folk for discussing the derby as it's such a huge game for us.

I agree it is a huge match for us, every football fan looks forward to playing their local rivals. I can't wait for the game either.

However, the derby will take care of itself and I've no doubt that there will be countless threads about it next week, in the lead up to kick off.

But I feel that the immediate focus should be on the Aberdeen game as we really need the three points on Saturday and, for the time being at least, that is the most important match.

I just hope the players don't have one eye on the derby when we take to the field on Saturday as I feel that will be a huge mistake.

MB62
29-10-2009, 10:51 AM
The Jambos set their stall out to defend in depth and hit the dodgers on the break and I thought they did this very well. They absolutely worked their socks off last night too, an incredible effort from all their players.
Goncalves is a big strong lad who does an unbelievable amount of fouling, but seems to mostly get away with it.

It would be interesting to see the Yams reaction to going a goal behind as their whole game plan would go out the window.

BTW, IMO we don't actually play 4-2-4 but like a 4-2-3-1 which is totally adaptable depending on the situation of the game at any given time.
I also think we all know that derby games are so unpredictable that even if we were top and they were bottom (or vice versa) I would still be nervous.

ahibby
29-10-2009, 10:56 AM
what Paul Tosh.

One of his chances (a header with nobody marking and goalie nowhere) was put wide.

His lob, well, see Stokes on Sat.

They also had a number of free-kicks in good areas.

Still, no point in dwelling on it all, Hearts in the semi-finals, well done and good luck (not) to them.

Big weekend for Hibs coming up, beat the Dons and on Sunday UTD play Rangers, so we will benefit one way or another should we win.

Tosh really? Just like Athens at ER maybe when we played them off the park but failed to get the third we needed in normal time. What happened to Athens oh yes they went on to the QFs of the UEFA cup. The only Tosh in this thread is coming from those who are obviously over confident about the derby. Get real man.

Hibby 2005
29-10-2009, 11:29 AM
While Hearts went through to Glasgow and carried a great deal of luck against Celtic they did get the win albeit playing fairly defensive football.

We went there against Rangers while playing in a far more attacking manner and drew.

In an ideal world we'd have won and Hearts would have lost but it doesn't always happen.

Craig_in_Prague
29-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Tosh really? Just like Athens at ER maybe when we played them off the park but failed to get the third we needed in normal time. What happened to Athens oh yes they went on to the QFs of the UEFA cup. The only Tosh in this thread is coming from those who are obviously over confident about the derby. Get real man.

Who is over confident? Not me.

All I ever say is that we have a good team, whom if they work hard, have enough quality to trouble teams and score goals.
Doesn't mean we'll win all the time, of course not. Doesn't mean we'll beat Hearts.
But it doesn't mean we can't be confident of the players and management, to give it a right go.

No point in fearing anyone, not with this bunch of players.

'Mon the Hibs
29-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Just watched the BBC highlights.

How Celtc never scored is beyond me!! Hit the bar and post.... Samaras couldn't even finish a Big Mac (metaphorically speaking.... Nade could :greengrin)

And Stewarts penalty! If i were that Zaluska, i'd be having nightmares! Awful penalty.

I for one am not worried about the derby. We have the small matter of the sheeps to beat before then!

ancient hibee
29-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Hibs 0 Celtic 1

Hearts 1 Celtic 0

You get nothing in this game for artistic impression.Football is about winning games.

euro Hibby
29-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Hearts struggle to score goals they are good for at most 1 goal. Hibs on the other hand have a lot of firepower which still has to be seen , albeit we shoot on goal over 10 times per game.
This season, the SPL is a bit like the championship, pretty even and off course a derby is always hard to predict. Celtic missed a few sitters, tey worked hard and will work hard against Hibs. This Hibs team has real character not liek some in the past. They took the game to ramgers at times and could have won and could have lost against a good rangers team on the day. apparently best they had played all season. Hibs to win and I'll bet on it !

ForeverHibs93
29-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Samaras should indeed have scored at least 3, and a few other times they were in behind with chances to shoot from close range.

Our front 4 won't be so ungrateful :greengrin

ii did sit and wonder last night what would have been the case if those chances had fell too Mcdonald as opposed to Samaras?

bingo70
29-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Hibs 0 Celtic 1

Hearts 1 Celtic 0

You get nothing in this game for artistic impression.Football is about winning games.

I disagree, IMO football is about entertainment.

renato
29-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Last night was probably not a good game to judge the quality of Hearts and how we measure up against them. As some posters have said, we took the game to Rangers and got a draw, whereas they defended for their lives and(coupled with a lot of good fortune) managed a win. Contrasting styles but not one they are likely to maintain in a home derby.

Unless any yams on here can confirm how've they've played at tynie so far this season, I'd be shocked if they line up and play so defensively against us in a derby game. Certainly we wouldn't accept it at ER. It'll be very interesting to see how they cope with us on the break - if they open up a bit and actually try to dictate play we could really cause some damage.

Really looking forward to this game as whilst they will always be formidable at home, we're in cracking form right now and will trouble any team with our front 4. As cautiously optimistic as you can be at the pink palace :agree:

Alex Trager
29-10-2009, 10:48 PM
If we take a look at their last twenty minutes, if they dare come out and play like that against us we WILL tak advantage and pump them and before they know it their a goal or two down .However they are most likely to be sitting tight and lumping it up , so we need to be able to realise this and keep a strong defence then pick them off on the brake..

Anyway one game at time

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 01:55 AM
As things stand, we are more clinical than Celtic are.

If it was us up against the yams instead... we would have disgraced & humiliated them.

Am I worried?

Worried my arse!

Bring them on!

:flag:

bighairyfaeleith
30-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Before the Derby

:partyhibb

After the derby

:partyhibb

Sprouleflyer
30-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Can we not just get the Aberdeen game out the way first!!

A lot can happen over this weekend, we could get pumped by Aberdeen and Hearts get a win at Motherwell, things suddenly change and Hearts probably go into the derby with better confidence and slight favourites. On the other hand if Hibs do beat Aberdeen (with a good solid performance) and Hearts struggle at Motherwell with a defeat or draw then all the momentum will be with Hibs.

Like I said, lets just get the Aberdeen game out the way first.