Del Boy
28-10-2009, 09:29 PM
:bye:

Hanny
28-10-2009, 09:31 PM
He'll be lucky to see christmas :agree:

Baader
28-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Looking increasingly out of his depth. Different game managing one of the Old Firm and the expectations that go with it. Probably needs time to make his mark but that's the one thing you don't get in Glasgow.

col02
28-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Very limited manager imho and will do well to see the season out at Celtic. Actually think he has lost or is starting to lose the dressing room as this is nowhere near the Celtic side under Strachan as there is no fight or cohesion.

weecounty hibby
28-10-2009, 09:36 PM
He would be out but for the fact that "he is celtic minded". They will give him some more time. They hounded Strachan out after having the best record since Stein because he wasn't "celtic minded"

Can't wait to hear what sanctimonious pish he comes out with after that. It will all be the same old story about performance better than results and players need to improve or get out etc.

Brando7
28-10-2009, 09:37 PM

:agree:

i can see john barnes mark II happening

Baader
Actually think he has lost or is starting to lose the dressing room as this is nowhere near the Celtic side under Strachan as there is no fight or cohesion.

Thought that may be the case too. McManus at the end there had no intention of playing the ball - looked like he wanted to walk. Poor discipline like that, shocking in fact as he is captain, never a good sign.

MrSmith
they looked clueless and shapeless tonight! lots of running but nothing there!

Well done to Hearts though! played the game properly against that mob!!

RickyS
28-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Feel for you big man - not !

the results not important, im lookin for performance levels. if we play like that we will win more than we loose:thumbsup:

nowt but a disrespectful twat!

Woody1985
28-10-2009, 09:38 PM
How come there was no interview on BBC with him?

I was looking forward to 'It was a good performance, we had plenty of chance :blah::blah::blah:'.

Surely he must have sussed that football is about results by now even if it means your team play *****.

NOLA
28-10-2009, 09:39 PM
you dont get time at the OF you need to win every week no matter who you play, but they probably wont sack him, not yet anyway

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Walter might not need to travel far to get a new job!

iwasthere1972
28-10-2009, 09:50 PM

:agree: Reckon a Bernard Matthews turkey has a brighter future than TM.

He made his bed and he can lie on it.

Minder
28-10-2009, 09:57 PM
How come there was no interview on BBC with him?

Because Shabby is still talking.

Www1875hfc
28-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Did mowbray take to the field and join in a huddle after this defeat?

No sympathy whatsoever...:bye:

Antifa Hibs
28-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Tony Mowbray, Celtic's very own Paul Le Geun :agree: :bye:

Judas Iscariot
28-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Nae Joy :monkey: napper :faf:

joe breezy
28-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Ha ha ha, where's yer huddle now Tony

rightwinger
28-10-2009, 10:10 PM
One sunday paper pointed out that his record so far is much worse than John Barnes's record in his first 12 or so games.

Credit to him for sticking to his principles, but he must appreciate that the more stubbornly he sticks to them the more pressure he will put on himself if results aren't right. If he does and he's happy with that then fair enough. It's his job.

Where I think he's gone wrong has been in his press comments. He has referred to his squad's 'lack of quality' one too many times. No doubt it's true but these players were signed to do a certain thing by Strachan and now Mowbray wants them to do something totally different.

Celtic fans are harder to please than Rangers fans IMO. They want results and performances. Strachan held onto the job for four years by delivering results and maybe a more pragmatic manager than Mowbray would have focussed on doing that initially while he gave himself time to work a few things out. Results, after all, relieve pressure and build confidence. But what do I know - and what do I care?

Mag7
28-10-2009, 10:14 PM
I thought it was a terrible decision he made in coming back the SPL and I must say I lost a bit of respect for him. Looks increasingly likely it could seriously derail his managerial career as he must be close to the sack.

Antifa Hibs
28-10-2009, 10:20 PM
20 - 30 celtic fans protesting outside parkhead :faf:

Alicky Ranks
28-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Imagine losing at home to that Hearts team. He deserves the boot for that alone. Useless ****er. I thought we could at least rely on him to snuff out any little hope of success Hearts still clung to this season.

weecounty hibby
28-10-2009, 10:22 PM

But surely this is the competition that they crave. hypocritical ********s

FRes Hibbie
28-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I thought it was a terrible decision he made in coming back the SPL and I must say I lost a bit of respect for him. Looks increasingly likely it could seriously derail his managerial career as he must be close to the sack.

Absolutely :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-10-2009, 10:26 PM

...... pretty much the whole of tonights crowd :faf:

Antifa Hibs
28-10-2009, 10:29 PM
...... pretty much the whole of tonights crowd :faf:

18k for a game against quite a big rival at a tenner a skull. Piss poor :agree:

Brando7
28-10-2009, 10:33 PM
the results not important, im lookin for performance levels. if we play like that we will win more than we loose:thumbsup:

nowt but a disrespectful twat!

Think he used that line when at WBA n we all know wot happened to them :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
28-10-2009, 10:33 PM
He made a mistake going to Celtc after not being first choice. Strachan left behind a hotchpotch of players of varying quality on a downer after losing the league. Their fans are a joke though. They're top of the league ffs. We're 3 points behind and delighted to be third quite rightly.

Best manager we've had since Turnbull in my humble opinion, until Yogi wins the Holy Grail of course :greengrin

Brando7
28-10-2009, 10:37 PM
2 wins from 9 home games is a shoddy record for any team imo

matty_f
28-10-2009, 10:38 PM
I can sympathise with Mowbray to a point. Some of the players at Celtc are shocking, and he's not been able to go and bring in many of his own players.

IIRC, he had a hard time at the start of his WBA time, because there were too many people in the dressing room that thought that they knew better. I think he's facing the same at Celtc.

Mowbray was a quick success at Hibs because, IMHO, of the youth of the squad. They saw him as inspirational and very quickly bought into his ethos and did what they were coached to do.

At Celtc, there's very little evidence of a team of players working to a system or playing in a manner that is particularly Mowbray-esque. IMHO, he's too many that have been there a while, are simply not good enough, or a bit of both.

Given time and the freedom to shift some of the dross at Darkheid, I think Mowbray would run away with the league title and most of the cups on offer, but he has to start winning games with good performances for them soon or he'll be gone.

bingo70
28-10-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't think Mowbray did that much wrong tonight, they dominated and created enough chances to win the game comfortably, ultimately it's the manager thats accountable and responsible for results but i thought he was unlucky tonight.

I also don't see whats funny about his phrase "play well and you'll win more than you lose", it's true, maybe if more managers had that philosophy there'd be less pish games with teams trying to scrape 1 nil wins or avoid defeat at all costs.

I'm not normally one to stick up for the OF but i had a huge amount of respect for TM for what he did at hibs and as much as i like seeing Celtic struggling i don't take any pleasure in seeing him fail.

johnbc70
28-10-2009, 10:43 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/8325973.stm

"We're out of the cup, so I'm disappointed, of course.

"But I think there was lots of good stuff about tonight; the way we played and the chances we created, particularly in the second half.

"I thought Hearts were hanging on for grim life in the last 20 minutes, although they counter-attacked well.

"We knocked on the door but couldn't knock it down.

"If we weren't creating chances, we'd be concerned but we're dominating teams and it will come if you keeping doing the right thing."

Where have I heard that before.......?

bingo70
28-10-2009, 10:44 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/8325973.stm

"We're out of the cup, so I'm disappointed, of course.

"But I think there was lots of good stuff about tonight; the way we played and the chances we created, particularly in the second half.

"I thought Hearts were hanging on for grim life in the last 20 minutes, although they counter-attacked well.

"We knocked on the door but couldn't knock it down.

"If we weren't creating chances, we'd be concerned but we're dominating teams and it will come if you keeping doing the right thing."

Where have I heard that before.......?

Do you disagree with it though?

Perspective
28-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Guess I'm one of the very few who would like to see him go on to be a success.

A decent, humble guy who did so much to turn our club around - and leave a lasting legacy in East Mains. He was terrific with our younger players, signed quality in the likes of Murphy (amongst some dross, granted) and gets no ill-will from me.

Those offended by the on-field huddle need to have a look at themselves.

Given time I think he'll do well at Celtic but he has to win games in the interim but his home record is terrible.

vahibbie
28-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Nae sympathy.
Just had a peak at Kerrydale St....nae sympathy there either.
Hard to see where he goes from here. Crap team, nae money and apparently nae clue:greengrin

northseahibby
28-10-2009, 10:48 PM
so loved the guy when he was our manager.....hoped he would do well with the baggies,...sold his soul.......**** him........might get a swap with the smoggies for strachan:bitchy:....sure the celtic minded would have the ginger whinger back now :greengrin

johnbc70
28-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Well I sat through some awful performances with his Hibs team towards the end of his time with us, was still waiting for it to all "come together" but then he left and I dont blame him.

I am more making the point its the same predictable stuff he comes out with after games. Not sure how long the plastics will accept it, he has alot less time there than he did with us so I dont think they will accept "it will come together" with time philosphy.

Time is running out.....

steakbake
28-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Love him or hate him, Sellick ditched Strachan and got a dud.

I don't believe for a minute the argument about money or players - many of the players he has inherited were ones that Strachan won the SPL with 3 times.

bingo70
28-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Love him or hate him, Sellick ditched Strachan and got a dud.

I don't believe for a minute the argument about money or players - many of the players he has inherited were ones that Strachan won the SPL with 3 times.

He's top of the league with them as well.

He's trying to get them to change the way they play football which can take time, especially as they were winning before so may face some resentment from the players.

You ever seen the damned united? :greengrin

IWasThere2016
28-10-2009, 10:56 PM
2 wins from 9 home games is a shoddy record for any team imo

:agree: I reckon Macari, Barnes etc were better than that :cool2: I've said it before and I'll say it again - he had better players at ER than he has at Soapdodgers .. therein lies the problem. Nae luck TM :greengrin

Who's next - Coyle when (sadly but very likely) Burnley start to fall away or Levein? Shabba? :dunno:

jacomo
28-10-2009, 11:01 PM

A decent, humble guy who did so much to turn our club around - and leave a lasting legacy in East Mains. He was terrific with our younger players, signed quality in the likes of Murphy (amongst some dross, granted) and gets no ill-will from me.

Given time I think he'll do well at Celtic but he has to win games in the interim but his home record is terrible.

He's less and less the man I recognised as manager at Hibs.

He used to be respectful to opponents. He used to keep things behind closed doors, and treat his players with respect too.

I felt he was needlessly disrespectful to us on his return to ER, and now he seems to be managing some of his players via the media!

I suspect, as others have said, that he and Mark Venus might just be realising that they've made a very bad move, and aren't suited to Celtc at all.

In which case, I hope he gets sacked pronto, gets a job somewhere else, and goes back to being the courteous, football-obsessed perfectionist that I remember at Hibs.

Prawn Sandwich
28-10-2009, 11:06 PM
I wonder which Bank will be running Celtic when Mowbray gets the sack? Maybe they should consult their neighbours?:greengrin

iwasthere1972
28-10-2009, 11:17 PM
To think they had to cough up £2 million for his services when they could have got Yogi for free.

Well done Rodders. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
28-10-2009, 11:23 PM
One sunday paper pointed out that his record so far is much worse than John Barnes's record in his first 12 or so games.

Credit to him for sticking to his principles, but he must appreciate that the more stubbornly he sticks to them the more pressure he will put on himself if results aren't right. If he does and he's happy with that then fair enough. It's his job.

Where I think he's gone wrong has been in his press comments. He has referred to his squad's 'lack of quality' one too many times. No doubt it's true but these players were signed to do a certain thing by Strachan and now Mowbray wants them to do something totally different.

Celtic fans are harder to please than Rangers fans IMO. They want results and performances. Strachan held onto the job for four years by delivering results and maybe a more pragmatic manager than Mowbray would have focussed on doing that initially while he gave himself time to work a few things out. Results, after all, relieve pressure and build confidence. But what do I know - and what do I care?

Yep. :agree:

Tony Mowbray has been in charge for 18 competitive games and so far his record is;

W-8
D-3
L-7

After 18 competitive games, John Barnes' record as Celtic manager was;

W-14
D-0
L-4

In terms of league matches, Mowbray has been in charge for nine games and his record is;

W-6
D-2
L-1

John Barnes' record;

W-8
D-0
L-1

At the end of that season, Celtic finished 21 points behind Rangers.

It shows how much better the Old Firm were back then (or how much better the rest of us are now, you decide!) when Celtic were actually second after those nine games in 99/00, despite picking up 24 points from a possible 27 and this season they are currently sitting top after picking up just 20 points from 27.

jgl07
28-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Mowbray is getting pelters on Kockback for not wearing a poppy. Apparently he is pandering to the fenian element in the Celtic support.

It is unfair as Hearts team and supporters should be the only ones permitted to do so in recognition of them winning the First World War.

I Love Lamp
28-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Yep. :agree:

Tony Mowbray has been in charge for 18 competitive games and so far his record is;

W-8
D-3
L-7

After 18 competitive games, John Barnes' record as Celtic manager was;

W-14
D-0
L-4

In terms of league matches, Mowbray has been in charge for nine games and his record is;

W-6
D-2
L-1

John Barnes' record;

W-8
D-0
L-1

At the end of that season, Celtic finished 21 points behind Rangers.

It shows how much better the Old Firm were back then (or how much better the rest of us are now, you decide!) when Celtic were actually second after those nine games in 99/00, despite picking up 24 points from a possible 27 and this season they are currently sitting top after picking up just 20 points from 27.

Your analysis re the relative quality of the OF is dead on.

More generally, it must be a depressing environment managing the Old Firm because if you compare Mowbray's demeanour now with what it was when he first took over or even when West Brom were getting pumped every week, you see a gradual recession of all positivity and, frankly, any degree of being likeable.

As a Celtic-supporting pal at uni put it, his whinging shows 'he's bought into the Celtic way'. I think he should buy himself out while the stock's still reasonably high.

That is, the heights that come with coming bottom of the league while Hull and Stoke survive (the latter easily) and managing Celtic to their worst start to a season since John Barnes.

Still, good luck to him.

Hainan Hibs
28-10-2009, 11:42 PM
As with every manager of Septic he has turned into a complete dick.

I have no respect for him after his huddle after the game at Easter Road, I hope it continues to go even more tits up at Septic Park.

plhibs
29-10-2009, 12:20 AM
As with every manager of Septic he has turned into a complete dick.

I have no respect for him after his huddle after the game at Easter Road, I hope it continues to go even more tits up at Septic Park.

Agree 100% :top marks

snooky
29-10-2009, 12:42 AM
Didn't paticularly like TM when he was at ER. So there!
Well done the Jambos tonight. (Geez, did I really say that?)

Russdoorsfan71
29-10-2009, 12:56 AM
I can sympathise with Mowbray to a point. Some of the players at Celtc are shocking, and he's not been able to go and bring in many of his own players.

IIRC, he had a hard time at the start of his WBA time, because there were too many people in the dressing room that thought that they knew better. I think he's facing the same at Celtc.

Mowbray was a quick success at Hibs because, IMHO, of the youth of the squad. They saw him as inspirational and very quickly bought into his ethos and did what they were coached to do.

At Celtc, there's very little evidence of a team of players working to a system or playing in a manner that is particularly Mowbray-esque. IMHO, he's too many that have been there a while, are simply not good enough, or a bit of both.

Given time and the freedom to shift some of the dross at Darkheid, I think Mowbray would run away with the league title and most of the cups on offer, but he has to start winning games with good performances for them soon or he'll be gone.

Best point made on the thread I think.

I sat and watched the game with one of my best mates who (I am ashamed to say) is a Yam. We both agreed that the game was utter p*ish and that hearts were lucky (not in terms of how they approached the game but) that Celtic were so pish poor. They are a team full of individuals, who in my opinion are looking for a time in the lime light or perhaps a move out of the club. Maloney, McCourt (shiote btw) and McGreedy take your pick, they were all on the glory hunt tonight and by doing so lead to half chances being squandered.

I just think, in refference made to your point, that when it comes to the current Celtic squad, you can't polish a turd. They are a squad full of mediocre players and Mowbury is trying to get them to play a style of football that isn't becoming of them. At Hibs he had the luxury of young and TALENTED players which he was able to mould with his philosphy.

Put simply, the current Celtic squad are incapable of playing "pretty" football and I'm afraid that a great manager's reputation is quickly being flushed down the drain!

Owain_1987
29-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Tony Mowbray and Marky Venus you really do look like penises :greengrin:greengrin

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 09:09 AM
He would be out but for the fact that "he is celtic minded". They will give him some more time. They hounded Strachan out after having the best record since Stein because he wasn't "celtic minded"

Can't wait to hear what sanctimonious pish he comes out with after that. It will all be the same old story about performance better than results and players need to improve or get out etc.

What a lot of garbage. Strachan - the second best record after Stein?? don't make me laugh. His teams were terrible and this "celtic minded" nonsense had nothing to do with why he ended up being disliked. He was disliked because he signed guys like Caldwell, oversaw numerous cup humiliations and lost a league to a god awful huns side.

Mowbray is picking up the pieces of Strachan and is suffering the under teh boards parsimony.

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Best point made on the thread I think.

I sat and watched the game with one of my best mates who (I am ashamed to say) is a Yam. We both agreed that the game was utter p*ish and that hearts were lucky (not in terms of how they approached the game but) that Celtic were so pish poor. They are a team full of individuals, who in my opinion are looking for a time in the lime light or perhaps a move out of the club. Maloney, McCourt (shiote btw) and McGreedy take your pick, they were all on the glory hunt tonight and by doing so lead to half chances being squandered.

I just think, in refference made to your point, that when it comes to the current Celtic squad, you can't polish a turd. They are a squad full of mediocre players and Mowbury is trying to get them to play a style of football that isn't becoming of them. At Hibs he had the luxury of young and TALENTED players which he was able to mould with his philosphy.

Put simply, the current Celtic squad are incapable of playing "pretty" football and I'm afraid that a great manager's reputation is quickly being flushed down the drain!

I know this will sound bizarre, but we actually played better last night than when Hearts put us out in 2007.

Also don't see how you can say McCourt is poor as we started creating chances after he came on, although I agree, there are probably only 4 or 5 players in the current squad I'd keep.

Steve20
29-10-2009, 09:15 AM
What a lot of garbage. Strachan - the second best record after Stein?? don't make me laugh. His teams were terrible and this "celtic minded" nonsense had nothing to do with why he ended up being disliked. He was disliked because he signed guys like Caldwell, oversaw numerous cup humiliations and lost a league to a god awful huns side.

Mowbray is picking up the pieces of Strachan and is suffering the under teh boards parsimony.

O'Neill lost a league to a god awful huns side as well in 2005. He also never won 3 leagues in a row or made the last 16 of the Champions league. However, he was loved at Darkheid.

Don't kid people on - Mowbray will get more time from the Celtic fans than Stachan did because he is "Celtic Minded".

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 09:20 AM
O'Neill lost a league to a god awful huns side as well in 2005. He also never won 3 leagues in a row or made the last 16 of the Champions league. However, he was loved at Darkheid.

Don't kid people on - Mowbray will get more time from the Celtic fans than Stachan did because he is "Celtic Minded".

Listen mate - I watch Celtic every week and I know who was the better manager. When O'Neill was winning ttles with celtic he was linked to every job under the sun down south - unlike Strachan. That says it all.

O'Neill also came up against Rangers teams that had far better resources at their disposal. Fact remain, both won three titles the "in a row" does not count for anything.

As for Mowbray being cut more slack - well not going by what I heard last night.

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Listen mate - I watch Celtic every week and I know who was the better manager. When O'Neill was winning ttles with celtic he was linked to every job under the sun down south - unlike Strachan. That says it all.

O'Neill also came up against Rangers teams that had far better resources at their disposal. Fact remain, both won three titles the "in a row" does not count for anything.

As for Mowbray being cut more slack - well not going by what I heard last night.

Same could be said for O'Neil though and he still didn't make the last 16 in Europe.
It sounds more and more like the "celic minded" statements are more than a little true.

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Same could be said for O'Neil though and he still didn't make the last 16 in Europe.
It sounds more and more like the "celic minded" statements are more than a little true.

sorry but that is a bit desperate and has absolutley no foundation.

O'Neill took us to a UEFA cup final as well, don't forget. O'Neill got 9 points on his first CL season and we'd have got a draw at Juventus had it not been for a dodgy penalty, so luck certainly comes into it.

Strachan saw us go out both Cup Competitions at home for the first tiem in our history as well, plus the year we last won the league (2008), you could put down to the huns being knackered - I'd never deny that.

at the end of the day, both O'Neill and Strachan did well at Celtic and both left at the right time, also plenty of Celtic fans saw enough of both to know who was the better manager. I also think the views held down south, regarding the realtive merits of both Strachan and O'Neill will tell you who is the better manager.

sadtom
29-10-2009, 09:38 AM
18k for a game against quite a big rival at a tenner a skull. Piss poor :agree:

:agree: £3 for kids aswell i'm told.

Cant understand why some people 'didn't like TM when he was at Hibs'. He was great for us and gave us back some pride, insisted on the training ground and gave us some good times and a solid platform to build on (which we almost threw away, but it thankfully seems to be restored).
However he is the manager of one of our biggest rivals now and i'm not fussed wither way as to how individually successful or not he is. I'll still view celtc as i always have, happy to see them beat the huns and hertz and delighted to see them lose to everyone else.

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 09:41 AM
sorry but that is a bit desperate and has absolutley no foundation.

O'Neill took us to a UEFA cup final as well, don't forget. O'Neill got 9 points on his first CL season and we'd have got a draw at Juventus had it not been for a dodgy penalty, so luck certainly comes into it.

Strachan saw us go out both Cup Competitions at home for the first tiem in our history as well, plus the year we last won the league (2008), you could put down to the huns being knackered - I'd never deny that.

at the end of the day, both O'Neill and Strachan did well at Celtic and both left at the right time, also plenty of Celtic fans saw enough of both to know who was the better manager. I also think the views held down south, regarding the realtive merits of both Strachan and O'Neill will tell you who is the better manager.

But I am not looking at the situation through sellik tinted specks, I am just saying what I see.
There were many sellik fans that, no matter what he did, would not accept him. They said it was because of how he came across etc. but it was clear to everyone, except sellik supporters of course, that he was considered as an outsider.

ahibby
29-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Cups sometimes throw up shocks. Celtic are still on top of the league and will probably go on to win that and the SC. I think his job will be safe for a few seasons yet. Unless of course he doesn't win one or both of the two remaining major trophies, in which case next season would see him very much being on trial. Celtic hammered Hearts last night in terms of possession and chances made. There are one or two players in that team who should be shipped unless they shape up, and that will be TMs job i.e. either get shot of them or improve their finishing. There was nothing wrong with their effort last night but their finishing was woeful and their defenders were exposed too. I think Fox and Caldwell are over-rated as is Samaras and Killen looks as though he is suffering from being out of the game for too long. Malloney should have stayed in England because he is not the same player Celtic had first time round. Basically I don't think it's all down to the manager but some of the players; TM needs to sort them out or get shot of them. From ahibby's point of view though I hope he does neither and we get a chance to beat them at ER next time around.

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 09:49 AM
But I am not looking at the situation through sellik tinted specks, I am just saying what I see.
There were many sellik fans that, no matter what he did, would not accept him. They said it was because of how he came across etc. but it was clear to everyone, except sellik supporters of course, that he was considered as an outsider.

I remember how Hibs fans baulked at the notion that the fact Alex Miller was an ex hun had nothing to do with his unpopoularity. :wink:

Give up your obsession on this.

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Cups sometimes throw up shocks. Celtic are still on top of the league and will probably go on to win that and the SC. I think his job will be safe for a few seasons yet. Unless of course he doesn't win one or both of the two remaining major trophies, in which case next season would see him very much being on trial. Celtic hammered Hearts last night in terms of possession and chances made. There are one or two players in that team who should be shipped unless they shape up, and that will be TMs job i.e. either get shot of them or improve their finishing. There was nothing wrong with their effort last night but their finishing was woeful and their defenders were exposed too. I think Fox and Caldwell are over-rated as is Samaras and Killen looks as though he is suffering from being out of the game for too long. Malloney should have stayed in England because he is not the same player Celtic had first time round. Basically I don't think it's all down to the manager but some of the players; TM needs to sort them out or get shot of them. From ahibby's point of view though I hope he does neither and we get a chance to beat them at ER next time around.

Good post. To be Fair to Fox, it was his first game back from injury.

ahibby
29-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Good post. To be Fair to Fox, it was his first game back from injury.

I'm interested to know how fit McCourt was last night? I haven't been following Celtic news so don't know much about him. Where did you get him from and is he match fit now or does he have some way to go?

Broken Gnome
29-10-2009, 09:55 AM
What would be your opinion of McGeady last night Jack?

sean
29-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Very limited manager imho and will do well to see the season out at Celtic. Actually think he has lost or is starting to lose the dressing room as this is nowhere near the Celtic side under Strachan as there is no fight or cohesion.

very limited??

he was wonderful for this football club end of,worked wonders and we played some great football.having met the man on a few occassions he was a terrific person,who conducted himself in the right manner.

he went to west brom and got them promoted.then got relegated on the last day of the season IIRC,while getting praise for the way his team played.

how does any of that suggest he was limited???

why do football supporters credit and take someone to there heart when they are playing for there choosen club,as soon as they leave they are called, useless, pish etc etc.

its the same with booing ex players..eg whittaker at ibrox,completely daft

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 09:58 AM
I remember how Hibs fans baulked at the notion that the fact Alex Miller was an ex hun had nothing to do with his unpopoularity. :wink:

Give up your obsession on this.

The difference is that had AM brought even a small percentage of success that GS brought to you he would have been considered a legend. Sellik, on the other hand, take success for granted.

ahibby
29-10-2009, 10:01 AM
very limited??

he was wonderful for this football club end of,worked wonders and we played some great football.having met the man on a few occassions he was a terrific person,who conducted himself in the right manner.

he went to west brom and got them promoted.then got relegated on the last day of the season IIRC,while getting praise for the way his team played.

how does any of that suggest he was limited???

why do football supporters credit and take someone to there heart when they are playing for there choosen club,as soon as they leave they are called, useless, pish etc etc.

its the same with booing ex players..eg whittaker at ibrox,completely daft

:agree: I think it shows a lack of respect and humility and undermines their own character. It's time for some people to see themselves as others do.

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm interested to know how fit McCourt was last night? I haven't been following Celtic news so don't know much about him. Where did you get him from and is he match fit now or does he have some way to go?

Signed from Derry City with all the skill in the world. Sadly, he lacks a bit of vision for a pass and just does not have the fitness and stamina required.

I think what you see from Pat just now is what you are always going to get, he's a cameo players, albeit a very decent and entertaining one at that.

Jury still out on what his best position is, but he can play on either side or through the middle.

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 10:11 AM
The difference is that had AM brought even a small percentage of success that GS brought to you he would have been considered a legend. Sellik, on the other hand, take success for granted.

Being a veteran, I don't, but at times that appears to be the case among some of the support - especially at cup Final times.

JackRegan
29-10-2009, 10:14 AM
What would be your opinion of McGeady last night Jack?

SAme as always. Frustrating. All the skill in the world but cannot finish and often has a poor final ball.

He actually pleyed better when moved to a central role/came inside and is one of the players I'd keep along with Hinkel, Fox, Boruc, FOrtune (so we can see what he's all about), McCourt.

Jury out on N'Guemo and Crosas, but would not be gutted if either left.

The rest can go.

ahibby
29-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Being a veteran, I don't, but at times that appears to be the case among some of the support - especially at cup Final times.

Well other than Rangers fans any SPL club fans would be very fortunate to see their team beat Celtic in a final, especially a SC final.

erskine-hibby
29-10-2009, 10:19 AM

I wasn't talking about you personally, rather I was looking at celtic fans generally. It would be the same for Rangers as well.
We, as Hibs fans, cannot afford to baulk at where a manager comes from, or who they played for (though I admit some do).

erskine-hibby
30-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Looks like the ****** is begining to get the knives out. Listing TM's record against both JB and PLG.

Also this from jim McLean...

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/jimmclean/

Part/Time Supporter
30-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Looks like the ****** is begining to get the knives out. Listing TM's record against both JB and PLG.

Also this from jim McLean...

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/jimmclean/

Surely not doing that to distract from the scenario unfolding at Ibrox?

:rolleyes:

jazthehibby
30-10-2009, 11:03 AM

i can see john barnes mark II happening

Read that he has a worse record than JB, who was even out his depth at Tranmare.

I feel for the guy as he is a true gent and every time I bumped into him, he was always pleasant.

Still you get no time to prove yourself with the bigoted brothers

oneone73
30-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Read that he has a worse record than JB, who was even out his depth at Tranmare.

I feel for the guy as he is a true gent and every time I bumped into him, he was always pleasant.

Still you get no time to prove yourself with the bigoted brothers

Is he? Certainly didn't act that way the last time he was at ER. A hypocrite, IMO, like many of his ilk.

Part/Time Supporter
30-10-2009, 11:31 AM
This Barnes / Mowbray stats comparison misses an important point.

Barnes had players like Larsson and Viduka available to him. Mowbray doesn't, because Celtic can't afford that quality (or anywhere near it) nowadays. Even a horrendously mediocre player like Marlon King was on £35K per week at Wigan, which I think puts it in some kind of perspective. Barnes' results started falling away after Larsson broke his leg in Lyon.

sean
30-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Is he? Certainly didn't act that way the last time he was at ER. A hypocrite, IMO, like many of his ilk.

yes he is a top bloke.

what did he do so wrong at easter road?

Joe Baker II
30-10-2009, 11:41 AM

Excellent post but seems to be falling of deaf ears - still surprised at the posts reflecting the dislike a minority of Hibs fans now have for Mowbray though.

sean
30-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Excellent post but seems to be falling of deaf ears - still surprised at the posts reflecting the dislike a minority of Hibs fans now have for Mowbray though.

totally agree with you.

what tony mowbray has done to be disliked by hibs fans baffles me?

was he sucessfull at hibs?? YES he was.

he never bad mouthed the club.

a nice humble man as has previously been said.what more did the fans want?

although i dont want celtic to do well,i hope tony mowbray is sucessfull in management,an honest guy who trys to play the game the way it should be played

lapsedhibee
30-10-2009, 11:48 AM
what tony mowbray has done to be disliked by hibs fans baffles me?

He acted badly in refusing to look at TV proof that his player had cheated at ER.

His calling Celtc on to the pitch at ER for a daft post-match cuddle annoyed many hibbies who thought it even more disrespectful than, say, not wearing a poppy in October.

sean
30-10-2009, 11:52 AM
He acted badly in refusing to look at TV proof that his player had cheated at ER.

His calling Celtc on to the pitch at ER for a daft post-match cuddle annoyed many hibbies who thought it even more disrespectful than, say, not wearing a poppy in October.

so having a group huddle,makes you think he is not humble and he is disrespectful.?

and you dislike tony mowbray also for not watching a re run of a peice of play?
what next u didnt like his hair that day?

oneone73
30-10-2009, 11:53 AM

:top marks

sean
30-10-2009, 11:55 AM

also...
your willing to dislike someone who got us to third in the spl, got a some very good players, and also played some of the best football hibs have apperntly played since the 70s.

but you dislike him because he doesnt look at a TV replay and he has a post match huddle?? complete nonsense

Shrekko
30-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Can somebody tell me - in what way is Mowbray 'humble'? I find him pretty arrogant and all this 'man of integrity' crap seems to be spouted by the man himself!! I see no evidence of him being any different to anyone else in football.
I'm not one of those who boo's ex employees of Hibs and gave him a round of applause when he took his seat in the dug-out when we played Celtic, but I do actually feel he has been disrespectful to Hibs on several occasions and I do feel it's out of order as Hibs were as good for him as he was for us. He did a lot of good but it wasn't as great as some now say.

lapsedhibee
30-10-2009, 12:48 PM
so having a group huddle,makes you think he is not humble and he is disrespectful.?

and you dislike tony mowbray also for not watching a re run of a peice of play?
what next u didnt like his hair that day?

also...
your willing to dislike someone who got us to third in the spl, got a some very good players, and also played some of the best football hibs have apperntly played since the 70s.

but you dislike him because he doesnt look at a TV replay and he has a post match huddle?? complete nonsense

I never said I dislike him, I was answering your query.

Bad Martini
30-10-2009, 12:58 PM

...never mind, I'm sure celtc will "win more than they lose" and such crap little Tonyisims.....:thumbsup:

Celtic/TM/all who sail in the good ship smeltic - GIRFUY :bye::bye::bye:

ENDOF

Dashing Bob S
30-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Always liked Mowbray, but think he made the wrong decision to come back into Scottish football when the OF's European profile and finances, are set to nosedive.

He obviously saw Celtic as a chance to fine-tune his passing game by adding some steel and tactical savvy, get some great high profile European results and waltz into a topish job in England, away fro yo-yo clubs like WBA.

I don't think it's going to work that way. He already looks in body lingo terms, like a man who knows he's made the wrong move. If something decent came along on the continent (I doubt it will in England now) he'll be off before you can say 'unfinished business' or 'celtic minded.'

erskine-hibby
30-10-2009, 02:59 PM

...never mind, I'm sure celtc will "win more than they lose" and such crap little Tonyisims.....:thumbsup:

Celtic/TM/all who sail in the good ship smeltic - GIRFUY :bye::bye::bye:

ENDOF

Some seem to forget that he left us in the s**t, extended the contract of the worst goalie seen at ER for many a year (if not ever) and now seems to have lost all the dignity that endeared him to many Hibs fans. If he loses his job he will get no sympathy from me and if he walks (AGAIN!!!) its tough tittie on both him and sellik.:agree:

OtterHibee
30-10-2009, 03:22 PM

:agree: Can't disagree with any of that.

I thought it was a terrible decision he made in coming back the SPL and I must say I lost a bit of respect for him.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but if Boro had sacked Gareth Southgate in the summer, faced with the choice between Celtic and his boyhood heroes I'm pretty certain TM wouldn't be anywhere near Parkhead by now. He's still revered down at the Riverside and would surely have been the popular choice for the manager's job. Personally, I'd have preferred him to Strachan, but GS does have the experience so my fingers are firmly crossed in the hope that he'll succeed.

Shrekko
30-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Mowbray has stated that Celtic is now 'his team'- pretty sure he'd have chosen them over Boro tbh