PDA

View Full Version : Rod Petrie

Aspire
28-10-2009, 03:35 PM
After reading about the financial problems Rangers and the Yams have got.

How glad are we now that we have Rod at the helm of our club.

He has taken so much stick over the last few seasons.

The man is a legend and I think the Easter Road faithful should show him some appreciation on the weekend.

Yogi will take us to the promised land and the holy grail.

GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
28-10-2009, 03:38 PM

The man is a legend and I think the Easter Road faithful should show him some appreciation on the weekend.

GGTTH
:top marks:j

therealgavmac
28-10-2009, 03:38 PM
:top marks

ancient hibee
28-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Maybe we could sell Rod for a few million quid.

lEXO
28-10-2009, 04:06 PM

GGTTH
Could,nt agree more.The long term future of Hibs has been preached by RP and STF for the last few years.Hopefully we are now starting to reap the rewards of the work he,s done.Hibs long term future is the most important thing, and we just need to look at the Huns,Yams etc to see that spending what you dont have gets you.We have been down that road before and should remember where it nearly got us.

ahibby
28-10-2009, 04:29 PM
I think this is the best bunch of players we have had for a wee while so I'll call a truce.

RickyS
28-10-2009, 04:31 PM

GGTTH

was saying this to a mate at the weekend, im worried that a premiership club or one of the INFIRM take note and approach him. didn't an Aberdeen director go to Everton?

Kaiser1962
28-10-2009, 05:45 PM
was saying this to a mate at the weekend, im worried that a premiership club or one of the INFIRM take note and approach him. didn't an Aberdeen director go to Everton?

I think the difference is that neither RP nor STF are on an ego trip and RP is, I believe, Hibs through and through whilst STF, although initially showing little interest, has become a follower. Both men have served the club well through particularly tough times.

Nameless
28-10-2009, 05:57 PM
I think Rod has done a fine job, and earns every penny of his (reportedly) huge salary.

soda70
28-10-2009, 06:12 PM
In Rod we trust :)

RickyS
28-10-2009, 09:57 PM
I think the difference is that neither RP nor STF are on an ego trip and RP is, I believe, Hibs through and through whilst STF, although initially showing little interest, has become a follower. Both men have served the club well through particularly tough times.

hope your right mate, I know he and STF go back a while, so maybe workin for him is just as important.

aberhibsfc
29-10-2009, 10:36 AM

:agree:

Hibs90
29-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Petrie's done a good job at Hibs. Im glad he's here and not somewhere else! Anyone know if he is a Hibs fan?

Craig_in_Prague
29-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I think Rod has done a fine job, and earns every penny of his (reportedly) huge salary.

His salary is not that huge, not for a fully qualified accountant, for his position, and for someone who knows exactly what he is doing.

rubber mal
29-10-2009, 12:36 PM

GGTTH

Couldn't agree more.

bathhibby
29-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Rod Rocks

Phil D. Rolls
29-10-2009, 02:16 PM
We'll be calling him Mr. Petrie next, and doffing our cap whenever he walks past. Good to see him getting some credit on here at last. I just hope people are more patient the next time we go through a tranisition.

bobbyhibs1983
29-10-2009, 03:02 PM
i think he like many peole has said, though i do wonder, when hibs are debt free(soon i hope) i do wonder what ll hapen if say we get £1million for player x(this time we are debt free) i do wonder what ll happpen, will it stay in a bank?
and think ok we need money in reserve in case of another bad fininacal(sp) spell

or buy new players,increase the wages

Andy74
29-10-2009, 03:16 PM
i think he like many peole has said, though i do wonder, when hibs are debt free(soon i hope) i do wonder what ll hapen if say we get £1million for player x(this time we are debt free) i do wonder what ll happpen, will it stay in a bank?
and think ok we need money in reserve in case of another bad fininacal(sp) spell

or buy new players,increase the wages

Do you wonder a lot usually?

bobbyhibs1983
29-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Do you wonder a lot usually?

indeed i do, i wonder why:grr:

overdrive
29-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Petrie's done a good job at Hibs. Im glad he's here and not somewhere else! Anyone know if he is a Hibs fan?

Aberdeen fan I'm led to believe.

EasterRoad4Ever
29-10-2009, 07:30 PM

GGTTH

Let's be clear, he's done very well in squeezing ££ out of the saleable assets we've had at the club over the last 4 years, and in his appointment of TM at the right time. However the true value of this strategy has yet to show through. If and its a big IF, we can capitalise on our relatively strong financial position by winning things and regularly competing for Europe, then RP may indeed achieve Legend status. IMHo the job is only half done.

HibeeUnderwood
29-10-2009, 07:34 PM

GGTTH

I wouldn't go as far as to call Petrie a legend, but I'm certainly happy that he has kept us out of a financial deathtrap! :agree:

weecounty hibby
29-10-2009, 07:42 PM

My understanding also, but never really a real football fan. Thank god he is in charge at Hibs and long may it continue. When you see more and more clubs north and south of the border struggling and some going tits up it proves he has been right over the last few years no matter how painful it has been for us.

sambajustice
30-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Well he does!

MSK
30-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Well he does!You need tae stick a 10 spot intae the hibs.net kitty mate !!! :wink:

Jonnyboy
30-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Well he does!

A wee Abba number might suit

Money Money Money

:greengrin

MSK
30-10-2009, 12:20 AM
You need tae stick a 10 spot intae the hibs.net kitty mate !!! :wink:

A wee Abba number might suit

Money Money Money

:greengrinIn sync ..bet he doesnae come back tae this thread ..:greengrin

NOLA
30-10-2009, 12:21 AM
:whistle:Your tight and you know you are

Hibercelona
30-10-2009, 12:21 AM
To the tune of Monster by the automatics

:singing: Whats that hanging over his mouth? Is it a mustache?... Is it a mustache?...

:duck:

sambajustice
30-10-2009, 12:22 AM
You need tae stick a 10 spot intae the hibs.net kitty mate !!! :wink:

Is there a song in there for him like?

What does my tenner get me? DO I get special provisions made for me? Access to secret info? Do I have to roll up my trouser leg and learn a funny handshake?

Captain Trips
30-10-2009, 12:24 AM
To Thats Amore

When your tight with the cash and you have a nice tache thats the Petrie
When its time to pay fees and your down on your knees its the Petrie.

'Mon the Hibs
30-10-2009, 12:24 AM
OOOOOHHHHHHHH, Petrie Petrie.... he used to be a tight ass, but he's alright now :greengrin:singing:

Jonnyboy
30-10-2009, 12:25 AM

What does my tenner get me? DO I get special provisions made for me? Access to secret info? Do I have to roll up my trouser leg and learn a funny handshake?

Dinnae be daft. All you need to do is draw a tache on yer upper lip :wink::greengrin

MSK
30-10-2009, 12:43 AM

:greengrinWell young Mike ...it gets you all of the above plus ..i will take it easy wi ye next June !!! :thumbsup:

Go on ..follow yer daft Uncle ...:greengrin

AK86
30-10-2009, 12:52 AM
hats off to Rod. He knew what he was doing all along!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGQq_U1L8Bo

sambajustice
30-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Well young Mike ...it gets you all of the above plus ..i will take it easy wi ye next June !!! :thumbsup:

Go on ..follow yer daft Uncle ...:greengrin

i just might do that!

However, only if the .netters promise to take Senior Burns. After the last couple of years i'm sure he's an undercover .netter! :greengrin:greengrin

Petrie still needs a song though!

Bayern Bru
30-10-2009, 09:53 AM
TACHE, TACHE GLORIOUS TACHE...

:duck:

Craig_in_Prague
30-10-2009, 09:58 AM

that explains it.

erse tighther than a ducks.

good for Hibs though :thumbsup: