PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Sproule Return Rumour

aberhibsfc
26-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Heard a rumour today regards Ivan Sproule.

The rumour is that Sproule is looking to leave Bristol and would like to come back to ER. Hibs are aware of the situation and are keen to bring him back.

Anyone else heard anything on this, any meat on this rumours bones?

Si_17
26-10-2009, 10:20 AM
:pray:

bingo70
26-10-2009, 10:22 AM

The rumour is that Sproule is looking to leave Bristol and would like to come back to ER. Hibs are aware of the situation and are keen to bring him back.

Hope not TBH.

Sproule was terrific for us, however we've got Zemmama playing right wing now and if he's injured or leaves then we have the ideal replacement in Wotherspoon.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2009, 10:23 AM
I'd like him back, although i dont think he'd make the first 11.

Haymaker
26-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Rumour appears every couple of months... as unlikely now as has always been.

Andy74
26-10-2009, 10:25 AM

Impact sub at best. He won't shift Zemmama from the right side and I'd rather see Wotherspoon being the back up on the right if we do get a new right back.

We've also Galbraith for the role of speedy winger/striker.

Anyone else miss O'Brien though? :greengrin

aberhibsfc
26-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Hope not TBH.

Sproule was terrific for us, however we've got Zemmama playing right wing now and if he's injured or leaves then we have the ideal replacement in Wotherspoon.

Appreciate your thoughts, very logical.

I thought that it would allow Zemmama to move inside with Miller with Wotherspoon at RB.

Or Sproule can also play down the left wing.

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Impact sub at best. He won't shift Zemmama from the right side and I'd rather see Wotherspoon being the back up on the right if we do get a new right back.

:thumbsup: Just imagine Sproule and O'Brien on the same bench.:wink:

MoantheCabbage
26-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Super sub for me. No way he would take the place of Zouma, Riordan, Miller, Mcbride or Benji at this moment

M8UDB
26-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Not to bothered if he comes back or not TBH. Last season i would have gone down there and picked him up myself but things have changed this season. He would be a super sub at best but i realy want to see Galbraith and Wotherspoon get there chance from the bench and i cant see anyone taking the place of Zouma :not worth

--------
26-10-2009, 10:34 AM

:hmmm:

NO.

rainman
26-10-2009, 10:43 AM
You can't have too many players that give 150% or think along the lines of my signature in your team!

Let Yogi worry about fitting them into the team, having players like that at the club keeps the place buzzing.

ChilliEater
26-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Stuff the 4-2-4 and play a 3-2-5!

Stack

Hogg, Bamba, Murray

McBride, Miller

Sproule, Zemmamma, Benji, Stokes, Riordan

I think that may have been the formation the last time we won the title :greengrin

Calvin
26-10-2009, 10:59 AM
SPL defences are looking dodgier than ever, and if a game is heading for a draw he's the perfect player to inject some energy and exploit tiredness and incompetence form defenders.

I noticed on Saturday that we didn't really have an impact player to bring on - I would take Ivan back.

Judas Iscariot
26-10-2009, 11:00 AM
You can't have too many players that give 150% or think along the lines of my signature in your team!

Let Yogi worry about fitting them into the team, having players like that at the club keeps the place buzzing.

:agree:

Would love to see Ivan back at Hibs..

Can never have too many good attacking players and guys that will lift the crowd and get them out their seats!!

Come home Ivan, you'll always be welcome at ER :greengrin

Billychaotic182
26-10-2009, 11:45 AM
:pray:

Tinyclothes
26-10-2009, 11:49 AM
It would be foolish not to take him back I reckon, as long as he doesn't expect to be first choice then the more decent players the better.

Killiehibbie
26-10-2009, 11:54 AM
SPL defences are looking dodgier than ever, and if a game is heading for a draw he's the perfect player to inject some energy and exploit tiredness and incompetence form defenders.

I noticed on Saturday that we didn't really have an impact player to bring on - I would take Ivan back.

I think Saturdays game was tailor made for a sub with pace.

The_Horde
26-10-2009, 11:57 AM

And we brought on Galbraith. :agree:

I'd still take Ivan back in a flash though. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-10-2009, 11:58 AM
If he is heading back this side of the border, then it will be to Celtic, I would have thought. If we were to have sufficient funds to buy and pay a player of his quality, then I would be spending it on a different area of the team [ back four]. Middle to front, I think that we are more than well covered for a club of our size and that includes players we would class as first team picks, squad picks and youngsters.

NOLA
26-10-2009, 11:58 AM
he wouldn't come back to sit on the bench IMO

Hibercelona
26-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Can't believe some people are saying they aren't bothered about him coming back.

He would still be a huge addition to the squad IMO.

bod
26-10-2009, 12:00 PM
:no way:

Killiehibbie
26-10-2009, 12:02 PM
And we brought on Galbraith. :agree:

I'd still take Ivan back in a flash though. :agree:

I was thinking more like instead of Nish.

bingo70
26-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Can't believe some people are saying they aren't bothered about him coming back.

He would still be a huge addition to the squad IMO.

Don't think anyone is doubting what he would offer the team it's more what will happen to Wotherspoons progress that would worry me.

Zazu62
26-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Didnt he just sign a new contract for Bristol City?

Need to keep our money for a CH/RB IMHO.

KB.

sean
26-10-2009, 12:11 PM
If he is heading back this side of the border, then it will be to Celtic, I would have thought. If we were to have sufficient funds to buy and pay a player of his quality, then I would be spending it on a different area of the team [ back four]. Middle to front, I think that we are more than well covered for a club of our size and that includes players we would class as first team picks, squad picks and youngsters.

i understand what you mean,but i wouldnt say he was a player of quality,actually i bet you would find better ametuer footballing players..

ivan sproule was effective with his pace...but did not have quality

Hibercelona
26-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Don't think anyone is doubting what he would offer the team it's more what will happen to Wotherspoons progress that would worry me.

Then surely bringing Sproule in isn't a bad thing?

Wotherspoon is very talented... But he's still too young to keep up consistency on a weekly basis, as shown against Rangers.

If we could add Sproule back into the squad.... It would allow us to break Wotherspoon in more slowly.

The last thing a young lad needs, is his confidence dented when he realizes he can't keep up the same consistency week in week out.

RickyS
26-10-2009, 12:32 PM

Would love to see Ivan back at Hibs..

Can never have too many good attacking players and guys that will lift the crowd and get them out their seats!!

Come home Ivan, you'll always be welcome at ER :greengrin

would have him back in a heartbeat, imagine Ivan after Yogi has sprinkled his magic dust!:thumbsup:

bingo70
26-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Then surely bringing Sproule in isn't a bad thing?

Wotherspoon is very talented... But he's still too young to keep up consistency on a weekly basis, as shown against Rangers.

If we could add Sproule back into the squad.... It would allow us to break Wotherspoon in more slowly.

The last thing a young lad needs, is his confidence dented when he realizes he can't keep up the same consistency week in week out.

He's getting that as cover for Zemmama, the only thing we found out against Rangers is that he's not a natural right back and i think many of us knew that already.

If Sproule came in then assuming he wouldn't be signed as 3rd choice winger then Wotherspoon would be, i don't see how that could be anything but bad for his development after making such a promising start to his senior career.

Hibercelona
26-10-2009, 12:39 PM
He's getting that as cover for Zemmama, the only thing we found out against Rangers is that he's not a natural right back and i think many of us knew that already.

If Sproule came in then assuming he wouldn't be signed as 3rd choice winger then Wotherspoon would be, i don't see how that could be anything but bad for his development after making such a promising start to his senior career.

But Yogi isn't the type of manager who does that.

Everybody gets their chances under Yogi.

I think Sproule and Wotherspoon could make out to be very good competition.

I don't see it being a bad thing for Wotherspoon at all. It gives him someone to compete with, which will only make him more determined to prove something.

Having an additional option in Sproule can't be bad IMO.

bingo70
26-10-2009, 12:44 PM
But Yogi isn't the type of manager who does that.

Everybody gets their chances under Yogi.

I think Sproule and Wotherspoon could make out to be very good competition.

I don't see it being a bad thing for Wotherspoon at all. It gives him someone to compete with, which will only make him more determined to prove something.

Having an additional option in Sproule can't be bad IMO.

I know people have been saying that you can't have enough good attacking players but i'd disagree, having 3 good right wingers all wanting and needing regular football is too many and would be a waste of a wage and will lead to one of the players being unhappy.

If Zemmama is sold then i'd agree that Sproule would be a good replacement.

vahibbie
26-10-2009, 12:46 PM
i understand what you mean,but i wouldnt say he was a player of quality,actually i bet you would find better ametuer footballing players..

Erm, a bit harsh.
Look at his Ibrox hat-trick. 3 very good goals and all of them different. Must have a wee touch of quality to do that:agree:

Hibercelona
26-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Erm, a bit harsh.
Look at his Ibrox hat-trick. 3 very good goals and all of them different. Must have a wee touch of quality to do that:agree:

Sproule has incredible pace... and he can really hammer a shot.

What else does a player of his caliber need? :dunno:

Sproule doesn't need all the quality in the world... we have plenty of players in the squad with quality already. :agree:

Kaiser_Sauzee
26-10-2009, 12:53 PM

And you think Sproule would do anything at Ibrox with only half an hour left?????

:greengrin

GreenPJ
26-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Nish - out
McCormack/McCann - out on loan
Cregg - out
Kyle - in
Sproule - in
And a CH

AllyF
26-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Ivan loves the club. The club loves Ivan.

He'll always be a great player to have on the bench. No harm in bringing him back unless it's going to cost us money we can't afford.

LaMotta
26-10-2009, 04:20 PM

Nonsense.

He didn't score six goals against Rangers and Celtic, in his relatively short time at Hibs, without having a wee bit quality.

villager
26-10-2009, 04:30 PM
key issue here - zemmama will leave in the summer, said as much when he came back. asked in a press interview he said he wants to repay the club by having a good season and making us a lot of money in the summer.

with that in mind i'd have sproule and wotherspoon competing for right midfied next year no trouble. that should be the template for every position, proven spl standard player and a top home grown player competing for every jersey.

hibsbollah
26-10-2009, 04:48 PM

:bye:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ

zlatan
26-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Nish - out
McCormack/McCann - out on loan
Cregg - out
Kyle - in
Sproule - in
And a CH

wat

Hibsandaroo
26-10-2009, 05:40 PM
If Ivan's developed his distribution whilst down south then I'd say he's worth a shot at right back.

GreenPJ
26-10-2009, 05:50 PM
wat

What? I think we need a big man up front as another dimension and from what I have seen of Kyle (which admittedly is limited) is he actually has some skill on the deck as well as in the air and can bring other players into play really well.

It also allows us to have a plan B if plan A is not working. For all of our 4 strikers playing we have only scored 3 goals in the last 3 games and brought in 5 points out of a possible 9. Whilst I am delighted with where we are and some of our football I do think we would benefit from a proper target man.

Minder
26-10-2009, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=NORTHERNHIBBY;2218779]If he is heading back this side of the border, then it will be to Celtic, I would have thought.

Is Mr Sproule not a diehard bluenose??

Killiehibbie
26-10-2009, 07:08 PM
What? I think we need a big man up front as another dimension and from what I have seen of Kyle (which admittedly is limited) is he actually has some skill on the deck as well as in the air and can bring other players into play really well.

It also allows us to have a plan B if plan A is not working. For all of our 4 strikers playing we have only scored 3 goals in the last 3 games and brought in 5 points out of a possible 9. Whilst I am delighted with where we are and some of our football I do think we would benefit from a proper target man.
I've watched Killie a couple of times this season and if he keeps fit Kyle could be the difference between top and bottom half finishing positions for them. A far better player than Nish.

snooky
26-10-2009, 07:09 PM

We've tried that at Ibrox before - never worked......

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2009, 07:14 PM
I've watched Killie a couple of times this season and if he keeps fit Kyle could be the difference between top and bottom half finishing positions for them. A far better player than Nish.

My dead goldfish has that claim to fame too.

fife hfc
26-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Would love Ivan back but can't see it. You can never have enough good players and it is the reason rantic win the league due to the size and quality of their squads.

IWasThere2016
26-10-2009, 07:19 PM

:bitchy:

Ivan loves the club. The club loves Ivan.
He'll always be a great player to have on the bench. No harm in bringing him back unless it's going to cost us money we can't afford.

:top marks .. no sure about 'bench' .. he was a crowd pleaser and get me oot ma seat!

Hibby 2005
26-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Quote: i'd have sproule and wotherspoon competing for right midfied next year no trouble. that should be the template for every position, proven spl standard player and a top home grown player competing for every jersey: end quote.

Well said, sums up the way forward for Hibs, good, experienced signings backed up by promising youngsters, no more might-be-good-enough players brought in from god-knows-where.

greenlex
26-10-2009, 09:30 PM

I for one would have liked to see what Yogi could have got out of AOB. I think we might have seen a different player IMO.

AllyF
26-10-2009, 09:37 PM
:top marks .. no sure about 'bench' .. he was a crowd pleaser and get me oot ma seat!

Once he stepped off the bench. :wink:

But I agree with you. I'd take Ivan back just to see the entire East Stand gradually stand up off their seat in sync again as he made his way up the flank.

Mikeystewart
26-10-2009, 09:40 PM

I think thats why he would still be a good addition to the squad. He may run about like a headless chicken but you always felt he could cause defences problems from the wide areas. Assuming he is willing to take the wage drop that fits the role he would play in the squad.

Ed De Gramo
27-10-2009, 01:15 AM
did i see some poster wanting Cregg emptied? Gie the guy a chance...no? As for Ivan...bring him home RP!

Steve-O
27-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Bring back Sproule! :agree:

Single handedly delivered my first victory ever at Ibrox after about 12 years of trying. For that alone he will always be held in high esteem by me :agree:

IWasThere2016
27-10-2009, 07:46 AM
I for one would have liked to see what Yogi could have got out of AOB. I think we might have seen a different player IMO.

How's he doing at Swindon?

Jim44
27-10-2009, 07:56 AM

This sounds a dodgy rumour even by Gregg's standards. OK, this is four months old (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5383972,00.html) but it's unlikely that things have changed dramatically in the space of a few months. FWIW, tho', I'd like to see him back.

GreenPJ
27-10-2009, 07:58 AM
did i see some poster wanting Cregg emptied? Gie the guy a chance...no? As for Ivan...bring him home RP!

I am not anti-Cregg, however, he is not getting much of a chance now, we have Rankin and Stevenson as well as Thicot I don't think we can sustain that many in midfield who aren't playing or at least getting a run as sub.

Sudds_1
27-10-2009, 07:59 AM

I think even Yogi saw him as a lost cause since, IIRC, it was he who emptied him? :wink:

Andy74
27-10-2009, 08:30 AM
How's he doing at Swindon?

Injured! :greengrin

sean
27-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Nonsense.

He didn't score six goals against Rangers and Celtic, in his relatively short time at Hibs, without having a wee bit quality.

not nonsense at all.

his passing,touch and control were as good as many part time or ametuer players,although he improved towards the end at these aspects.

as i said a very effective player,was there to see his hat trick and it was a top class hat trick.

but he is not quality.a top lad who always gave 100% though

Big90inOz
27-10-2009, 09:22 AM

The only problem with your statement is you assume AOB is a footballer:agree:

Worse imposter to ever wear the green and white.

Ritchie
27-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Appreciate your thoughts, very logical.

I thought that it would allow Zemmama to move inside with Miller with Wotherspoon at RB.

Or Sproule can also play down the left wing.

what?? and drop mcbride???

bit harsh considering he has been one of our more consistant players this season!! :confused:

Ritchie
27-10-2009, 09:36 AM

i agree!!

get kyle signed!! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Injured! :greengrin

Fell off his motorbike.:devil:

3pm
27-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Sproule was beginning to struggle badly by the time he left. Managers and full backs had sussed him out (although the SPL was of a higher quality back then than it is now). If he didn't play in a good midfield he wasn't really that effective in my opinion.

We do need an outball though as I have eluded to in previous posts and we, as a team, are struggling for genuine pace so he'd fit the bill there but beyond that I don't think he'd bring anything just now that we don't have.

If it was me, I'd prefer to keep the cash and spend it on a younger model so to speak. Ivan was good for us at the time - I think the past is where he should stay and let us keep our memories of him scoring his goals against Rangers and Celtic.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Sproule was beginning to struggle badly by the time he left. Managers and full backs had sussed him out (although the SPL was of a higher quality back then than it is now). If he didn't play in a good midfield he wasn't really that effective in my opinion.

We do need an outball though as I have eluded to in previous posts and we, as a team, are struggling for genuine pace so he'd fit the bill there but beyond that I don't think he'd bring anything just now that we don't have.

If it was me, I'd prefer to keep the cash and spend it on a younger model so to speak. Ivan was good for us at the time - I think the past is where he should stay and let us keep our memories of him scoring his goals against Rangers and Celtic.

Aye, he was struggling that much, he scored against celtic in his last game. Well done celtic for sussing him out. Also he scored i think 11 goals, and had the most assists in scottish football that season. :confused:

Expecting Rain
27-10-2009, 11:19 AM
We need a centre back and a right back and that`s not being critical of Wotherspoon who looks a great prospect in his prefered position, no we don`t need Ivan.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2009, 11:20 AM
We need a centre back and a right back and that`s not being critical of Wotherspoon who looks a great prospect in his prefered position,

Sir David Gray
27-10-2009, 11:34 AM
As others have said already, the priority should be to strengthen the defence in January (particularly at CH and RB). But if we have any spare cash lying about afterwards, I would go down to Bristol and drive him back up myself.

I would absolutely love to see Ivan back at Easter Road.

Ants
27-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Bit of a one trick pony who had been sussed out.

DirtyDeeds
27-10-2009, 11:42 AM
I really hope all the folk suggesting Ivan as a hypothetical replacement for Zouma are joking! Love Ivan as much as the next Hibbie, a guy who did get you off your seat at times. And he did bash in a good few important goals.

But..... he couldnt tie the wee mans laces to be honest. Maybe if we put together a wee list of qualities you like to see in a top class midfielder, Ivans shortcomings would be more obvious. Pace, strength, game-intelligence, vision, dribbling, passing (short and long-distance), shooting (short and long-distance), work-rate, no doubtcountless others. Now consider the areas that Ivan outshines Zouma. Not too many, and not the ones crucial to a quality attacking midfield player. If we lost MZ, id just hope we'd reinvest the money far better than going for Ivan. Id suggest all he has that Wotherspoon doesnt is searing pace.

And we arent yet at the standard or size where we can build an OF-esque squad with 3 guys for every position. Just my thoughts on the subject of course.

The_Horde
27-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Bit of a one trick pony who had been sussed out.

I keep hearing that he was 'sussed out' without anyone explaining what had been 'sussed out' and how these teams managed it.

If 11 goals and the most assists in the SPL is 'sussing out' then how many goals/assists would he have if these tactically immense teams weren't 'sussing him out'.

the_ginger_hibee
27-10-2009, 12:00 PM
I keep hearing that he was 'sussed out' without anyone explaining what had been 'sussed out' and how these teams managed it.

If 11 goals and the most assists in the SPL is 'sussing out' then how many goals/assists would he have if these tactically immense teams weren't 'sussing him out'.

Exactly. I loved Ivan. And his sale was the deciding point in not renewing my season ticket that year. A true 'Hibee', we should never have let him go!

Bring him back Rod!

Billychaotic182
27-10-2009, 12:05 PM
As others have said already, the priority should be to strengthen the defence in January (particularly at CH and RB). But if we have any spare cash lying about afterwards, I would go down to Bristol and drive him back up myself.

I would absolutely love to see Ivan back at Easter Road.

:agree::agree::agree:

Kato
27-10-2009, 12:09 PM

Bang on mate, people who are saying he had been sussed out seem to be picking up on what Collins told Sproule - yet when you look at his contribution that season it doesn't hold water at all, and Collins' judgement that AOB was faster, better etc was proved to be rubbish.

He's an out and out winger and highly unpredictable, we only have the as yet untested Galbraith as an out and out winger at the mo; and could do with another one.

I'm not advocating that he comes back but the excuses not to bring him back are just nonsense.

If Yogi thought he could do a job for us then I'll be delighted as Ivan Sproule is a player who has a passion to see Hibs win which is something you cannot ignore - if not that's fine by me as well.

3pm
27-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Aye, he was struggling that much, he scored against celtic in his last game. Well done celtic for sussing him out. Also he scored i think 11 goals, and had the most assists in scottish football that season. :confused:

Yep, I know he scored against Celtic. My point is about general performance levels.

He'd scored a few, that I don't dispute and he set up a lot but he was flagging by the time he left. We played at Tynecastle the week before if I recall and he never beat his man once - his passion for it all was beginning to go....it might actually be fairer to say it was his enjoyment rather than his passion. The JC revolt never helped and he felt a bit victimised by referees - maybe this affected him?

I didn't think he was as effective, I stick by that. Everyone to their own though and all that! He was a fans favourite, I don't expect too many to agree with me. :agree:

Billychaotic182
27-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Yep, I know he scored against Celtic. My point is about general performance levels.

He'd scored a few, that I don't dispute and he set up a lot but he was flagging by the time he left. We played at Tynecastle the week before if I recall and he never beat his man once - his passion for it all was beginning to go....it might actually be fairer to say it was his enjoyment rather than his passion. The JC revolt never helped and he felt a bit victimised by referees - maybe this affected him?

I didn't think he was as effective, I stick by that. Everyone to their own though and all that! He was a fans favourite, I don't expect too many to agree with me. :agree:

Am guessing you dont think Rankin is good either?

3pm
27-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Am guessing you dont think Rankin is good either?

No, he is garbage.

Hibby 2005
27-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Unfortunately, much as I loved watching Ivan play, our problems at the present time are in defence as we badly need a tall CH and a RB, so whatever money is available to John Hughes come Jan. it should go there.

Midfield and up front we are fine although the possibility of Zemmama and even Benji leaving as each transfer window opens will always be there in which case Ivan coming to Hibs would make a great deal of sense.

Si_17
27-10-2009, 12:44 PM
This sounds a dodgy rumour even by Gregg's standards. OK, this is four months old (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5383972,00.html) but it's unlikely that things have changed dramatically in the space of a few months. FWIW, tho', I'd like to see him back.

Me and my mates bumped into some City fans in Blackpool after the Bolton friendly. It appeared they couldn't stand him.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2009, 12:49 PM

He actually never had many good games against hearts, i can think of only one when he came on as sub, the game we won 2-0. You dont dispute he scored a lot of goals, or set up the most assists in the SPL the season he left, yet you find another reason he was not AS effective, He was more effective in his last season than any previous one, sort of makes a mockery of everything you have said. So no i dont agree with you.:wink:

Billychaotic182
27-10-2009, 01:19 PM
No, he is garbage.
Ah not worth gettin into. But say Zemmama does not sign a new deal would you then take ivan back?

erskine-hibby
27-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Would have Ivan back in a heart beat...but not at the expense of strengthening our defence which remains our priority IMHO.

Kato
27-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Would have Ivan back in a heart beat...but not at the expense of strengthening our defence which remains our priority IMHO.

I love Ivan - but agree with this.

3pm
27-10-2009, 05:11 PM
He actually never had many good games against hearts, i can think of only one when he came on as sub, the game we won 2-0. You dont dispute he scored a lot of goals, or set up the most assists in the SPL the season he left, yet you find another reason he was not AS effective, He was more effective in his last season than any previous one, sort of makes a mockery of everything you have said. So no i dont agree with you.:wink:

It doesn't make a mockery of anything until you answer my point properly! :wink: Ivan was electric at the start of the season but by the time he left I'd argue otherwise. Performances like 6-1 @ Fir Park were a million miles away from what was being churned out at the end of the season - not just by Ivan I hasten to add. So...

....break the 11 assists (?) down. How many were created in the 1st half of the season and how many were created in the 2nd half of the season? If am wrong then I am wrong! :greengrin And since when has creating an assist constituted having a good game? O'Brien must have had a blinder against Hearts going by your rationale? :greengrin

You still haven't commented on his general performance levels either prior to leaving? When I am talking about him leaving I am not talking about an entire season. Take it from the New Year for arguments sake? Had a great game in the Cup Final granted on what is a day none of us will forget.

He'd have been a welcome addition under Mixu but he'd come back now and wouldn't be guaranteed a game and he'd be on more money than when he left. You talk about progress a lot - has Ivan progressed then if he can't be sure of a game?? If it's him or Zemamma then it's a non-contest.

He's a Hibs hero - a legend some describe him as - and he gave us some great moments. My point is that I don't think he'd offer us anymore now than what we have. Negative? Maybe. You should appreciate a wee bit of negativity though surely?! :greengrin :wink:

I don't have the time for big discussions but I understand where you are coming from when you reel off the stats. I am not just as sure. :aok:

Jones28
27-10-2009, 05:18 PM
It doesn't make a mockery of anything until you answer my point properly! :wink: Ivan was electric at the start of the season but by the time he left I'd argue otherwise. Performances like 6-1 @ Fir Park were a million miles away from what was being churned out at the end of the season - not just by Ivan I hasten to add. So...

....break the 11 assists (?) down. How many were created in the 1st half of the season and how many were created in the 2nd half of the season? If am wrong then I am wrong! :greengrin And since when has creating an assist constituted having a good game? O'Brien must have had a blinder against Hearts going by your rationale? :greengrin

You still haven't commented on his general performance levels either prior to leaving? When I am talking about him leaving I am not talking about an entire season. Take it from the New Year for arguments sake? Had a great game in the Cup Final granted on what is a day none of us will forget.

He'd have been a welcome addition under Mixu but he'd come back now and wouldn't be guaranteed a game and he'd be on more money than when he left. You talk about progress a lot - has Ivan progressed then if he can't be sure of a game?? If it's him or Zemamma then it's a non-contest.

He's a Hibs hero - a legend some describe him as - and he gave us some great moments. My point is that I don't think he'd offer us anymore now than what we have. Negative? Maybe. You should appreciate a wee bit of negativity though surely?! :greengrin :wink:

I don't have the time for big discussions but I understand where you are coming from when you reel off the stats. I am not just as sure. :aok:

I would never compare Sproule to Zemmama. Zemmama is in an entirely different class to Sproule. Zemmama would easy get a start over Sproule, i'd prefer to have Ivan coming off the bench anyways. He is the true definition of a super-sub :agree: :thumbsup:

yekimevol
29-10-2009, 08:46 AM
number one is ivan sproule number two is ivan sproule ect we would all welcome him home. because we all dream of a team of ivan sproule's:greengrin