Judas Iscariot
24-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Hibs Spain to give us his views on Stack's display today :greengrin

Ritchie
24-10-2009, 07:13 PM
too busy greeting into his big makalamby pillow! :devil:

cocopops1875
24-10-2009, 07:15 PM
To be fair i was also not a fan or sure. But im big enough to admit that he has done very well and has made some very good saves, he looks sure of himself and the team seem confident with him at their back. Well done fella you have brought back a bit of banter and are doing really well kept it up:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 07:17 PM
We would have won 1-0 with Maka between the sticks! :grr:

:devil:

Perspective
Maka also won man-of-the-match at Ibrox last season but it's good to see Stack turning in a performance.

lEXO
Back in spain i hope, or on a goalkeeping coaching course.

lEXO
24-10-2009, 07:18 PM
To be fair i was also not a fan or sure. But im big enough to admit that he has done very well and has made some very good saves, he looks sure of himself and the team seem confident with him at their back. Well done fella you have brought back a bit of banter and are doing really well kept it up:thumbsup:
:top marks

oconnors_strip
24-10-2009, 07:20 PM
think stack caught up with him and gave him a :take that :greengrin

well done to stack for today! he saved us from being a few down:top marks

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Our defence is better without having to worry what Maka is going to do next. Stack gets 99% of the basic right, thats all we have needed for a long time. :thumbsup:

Bob1875
24-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Stack was tremendous today but he is still incapable of commanding his area and coming for balls he should collect and there was a few glaring examples of this today.

euro Hibby
24-10-2009, 07:23 PM
apart from one moment when he flapped at the ball in the second half he certainly earned his gloves today. Thats also the most work he has had to do in a Hibs shirt.

greenlex
24-10-2009, 07:41 PM
apart from one moment when he flapped at the ball in the second half he certainly earned his gloves today. Thats also the most work he has had to do in a Hibs shirt.
Apart from picking the ball out the net 3 times against the Saintees.

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Stack was tremendous today but he is still incapable of commanding his area and coming for balls he should collect and there was a few glaring examples of this today.

Spot on.. He chose to punch when he could've easily caught it.. That could've cost us.. I thought he could've better for there goal.

wazoo1875
24-10-2009, 07:47 PM
:blah::blah::blah:
There's always one smart arse eh
:greengrin:

FWIW i thought Stack was pretty assured today and the centre halves look like they trust him a bit more . One flap in the second half but apart from that :top marks

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 07:49 PM

He had more saves to make today than he did against the Super Js - I think that's the point being made. Just 'cos they scored 3 and Rangers 1 doesn't mean he was busier against St J.

ArabHibee
24-10-2009, 07:54 PM
too busy greeting into his big makalamby pillow! :devil:

:faf::top marks

Nice erse as well!! :greengrin

500miles
24-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Stack doesn't come for crosses. Rangers knew this and continually swung in deep crosses that they wouldn't even bother with if Maka was in goals.

HOWEVER! Stack has a blossoming relationship with Hogg and Bamba. This understanding should mean that he doesn't have to come for crosses. It's a work in progress.

lEXO
24-10-2009, 07:56 PM
He,s watching but not saying anything so far.C,mon HS what,s your comments?:cool2:

Removed
24-10-2009, 07:58 PM
He,s watching but not saying anything so far.C,mon HS what,s your comments?:cool2:

He's on his way :greengrin

Hibs Spain
24-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Hibs Spain to give us his views on Stack's display today :greengrinHe cost us two points..The ball came across his six yard box twice when Boyd scored..It's a problem that isn't going to go away.Any standard goalie could have made the rest of his saves and that's a fact!At least we didn't lose.One on ones can go for you or not...Blocks can be blocked or slip under you and in that regard he did fine.Today!:wink:

lEXO
24-10-2009, 08:01 PM
He cost us two points..The ball came across his six yard box twice when Boyd scored..It's a problem that isn't going to go away.Any standard goalie could have made the rest of his saves and that's a fact!At least we didn't lose.One on ones can go for you or not...Blocks can be blocked or slip under you and in that regard he did fine.Today!:wink:
Thought as much.You should change your name to Stevie Wonder.:cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 08:02 PM
He cost us two points..The ball came across his six yard box twice when Boyd scored..It's a problem that isn't going to go away.Any standard goalie could have made the rest of his saves and that's a fact!At least we didn't lose.One on ones can go for you or not...Blocks can be blocked or slip under you and in that regard he did fine.Today!:wink:

:tee hee:

lEXO
24-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Stack doesn't come for crosses. Rangers knew this and continually swung in deep crosses that they wouldn't even bother with if Maka was in goals.

HOWEVER! Stack has a blossoming relationship with Hogg and Bamba. This understanding should mean that he doesn't have to come for crosses. It's a work in progress.
Agreed, as is Maka.Both deserve time and support.

ArabHibee
24-10-2009, 08:38 PM

Talking about erses..................:whistle:

cocopops1875
24-10-2009, 08:41 PM
:faf::top marks

Nice erse as well!! :greengrin

no so much ma type but i trust your judgement:greengrin

matty_f
24-10-2009, 08:44 PM

:faf: Top banter Pancho!:thumbsup: Good on you.:agree:

Jonnyboy
24-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Talking about erses..................:whistle:

:faf:

Picture the scene - Hibs in the Cup Final, 2-1 up and Hogg concedes a penalty in the last minute. Ball fired at the goal, Stack spreads his body as best he can (as per any normal :wink: coaching manual) saves and we win the Cup.

Five days later, once we've all sobered up, HS is on here telling us that Stack was just lucky :wink:

oconnors_strip
24-10-2009, 08:51 PM

Picture the scene - Hibs in the Cup Final, 2-1 up and Hogg concedes a penalty in the last minute. Ball fired at the goal, Stack spreads his body as best he can (as per any normal :wink: coaching manual) saves and we win the Cup.

Five days later, once we've all sobered up, HS is on here telling us that Stack was just lucky :wink:

:faf::faf:

that save in the second half where boyd (?) was through and he stuck his right arm out when his body was going the other way and he made a fantastic save to stop us going two down.

i think if graham saved all 5 penalties against hearts in the scottish cup final, HS would tell us how he could have saved them better and that maka would have done it.:greengrin

Hibs Spain
24-10-2009, 08:52 PM

Five days later, once we've all sobered up, HS is on here telling us that Stack was just lucky :wink:No I wouldn't.Nor would I blame him if he didn't save it!:agree:

Jonnyboy
24-10-2009, 08:54 PM
No I wouldn't.Nor would I blame him if he didn't save it!:agree:

I'm shocked buddy!!! Until quite recently and as far as I know you have rarely had a good word to say about Stack. Well done for changing your stance :wink::greengrin

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 09:16 PM
:faf::faf:

that save in the second half where boyd (?) was through and he stuck his right arm out when his body was going the other way and he made a fantastic save to stop us going two down.

i think if graham saved all 5 penalties against hearts in the scottish cup final, HS would tell us how he could have saved them better and that maka would have done it.:greengrin

We watched the same game today.. Stack did brilliant with the 1 on 1 stops but the goal was avoidable.. If he wasn't going to come for the first cross , then he defo should've been out for the header back across for the goal.. That was basic.................

Danderhall Hibs
24-10-2009, 09:18 PM
We watched the same game today.. Stack did brilliant with the 1 on 1 stops but the goal was avoidable.. If he wasn't going to come for the first cross , then he defo should've been out for the header back across for the goal.. That was basic.................

As is marking a man when a cross is coming in?

blackpoolhibs
24-10-2009, 09:19 PM

No offence, but thats complete and utter bollox.

Hibs Spain
24-10-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm shocked buddy!!! Until quite recently and as far as I know you have rarely had a good word to say about Stack. Well done for changing your stance :wink::greengrinI haven't changed my views on Stack.How you contrived to come to that conclusion from my comment on the penalty scenario is weird.I've effectively done a thesis on my views on Stack in the last few weeks and don't have any intentions of going over them again.:greengrin

oconnors_strip
24-10-2009, 09:26 PM

aye we watched the same game...duh!!! but i dont agree with you on this and some things you came out with at the pub:greengrin

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 09:27 PM
aye we watched the same game...duh!!! but i dont agree with you on this and some things you came out with at the pub:greengrin

Thats what football is all about .. Opinion's yeah ??

BEEJ
24-10-2009, 09:28 PM
I've effectively done a thesis on my views on Stack in the last few weeks
We know! We know! :coffee:

and don't have any intentions of going over them again.
Oh, praise God! :pray: :singing:

Feed McGraw
24-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I haven't changed my views on Stack.How you contrived to come to that conclusion from my comment on the penalty scenario is weird.I've effectively done a thesis on my views on Stack in the last few weeks and don't have any intentions of going over them again.:greengrin

It`s NOT your views on Stack that I find strange, although I think Stack is a decent keeper, it`s your views on Makalamby I find strange - even if you think Maka has potential, he has come nowhere near realising it and potential is only any good if it is realised. IMHO Maka just hasn`t quite got " it ". Smashing big lad who we all wished would be a success, but poor decision making, a nervousness that seeps through the team and belies his outer laid back image, have contrived to have him replaced - and really, it was long overdue.

Judas Iscariot
24-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Thanks Hibs Spain..

Total nonsense as always but thanks anyways..

Is it a coincidence that we seem to have the makings of a decent, consistent, side now we have a experienced and some may say, better goalkeeper as number 1?

Or would we be in the same position without Stack?

oconnors_strip
24-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Thats what football is all about .. Opinion's yeah ??

:agree::agree:

Hibs Spain
25-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Thanks Hibs Spain..

Total nonsense as always but thanks anyways..

Is it a coincidence that we seem to have the makings of a decent, consistent, side now we have a experienced and some may say, better goalkeeper as number 1?

Or would we be in the same position without Stack?Theres a strong argument to suggest Stack cost us two points yesterday.The inability to command his box is bad for us.He's not going to change at his age.He cost a goal because of it and the only other time I can remember him coming out was embarrassing!:greengrin

Allant1981
25-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Theres a strong argument to suggest Stack cost us two points yesterday.The inability to command his box is bad for us.He's not going to change at his age.He cost a goal because of it and the only other time I can remember him coming out was embarrassing!:greengrin

Would you be complaining if it was maka playing yesterday and had the same type of game? Maka is not a good enough keeper to be playing week in week out and if he was then more important people than me would have been playing him ie Mixu and Hughes. The guy is a bombscare and always has been

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Would you be complaining if it was maka playing yesterday and had the same type of game? Maka is not a good enough keeper to be playing week in week out and if he was then more important people than me would have been playing him ie Mixu and Hughes. The guy is a bombscare and always has been

You are completely wasting your time.

Hibs Spain
25-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Would you be complaining if it was maka playing yesterday and had the same type of game? Maka is not a good enough keeper to be playing week in week out and if he was then more important people than me would have been playing him ie Mixu and Hughes. The guy is a bombscare and always has beenHow could he have had the same kind of game? He can deal with crosses!:confused:

Perspective
25-10-2009, 10:34 AM
How could he have had the same kind of game? He can deal with crosses!:confused:

I agree with you, for what it's worth. But many people have a set opinion on Maka, refuse to look at his stats and can't see that he's developed.

As for Stack, I think it's like when Zibi first arrived. On the Irish tour people were applauding every time he made even the most basic of catches, because they were so desperate for us to have signed a good keeper. He's obviously a decent shot-stopper but I think he'll cost us with lapses of concentration (charging off his line against United or the botched clearance near the end of the Killie game) or his inability to come off the line.

You obviously, like me, think Maka has the ability but he'll obviously have to prove it away from Easter Road which I think is a great pity. He could have been the latest young player we've developed to sell on for big money.

Judas Iscariot
25-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Theres a strong argument to suggest Stack cost us two points yesterday.The inability to command his box is bad for us.He's not going to change at his age.He cost a goal because of it and the only other time I can remember him coming out was embarrassing!:greengrin

See when your not on here spouting your pearls of wisdom about Maka you must have a important job scouting or coaching in football somewhere..

Seeing as you know better than our current manager and the last few regarding Makalambays ability to be consistantly our number 1 choice keeper..

I mean Andy McNeil, David Grof, Grzegorz Szamatulski and now Graham Stack all being preferred to your prodigal son Maka..

Allant1981
25-10-2009, 12:24 PM
How could he have had the same kind of game? He can deal with crosses!:confused:

Can he, so he has not dropped one single cross or flapped at any cross, away and dont talk pish

Allant1981
25-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I agree with you, for what it's worth. But many people have a set opinion on Maka, refuse to look at his stats and can't see that he's developed.

As for Stack, I think it's like when Zibi first arrived. On the Irish tour people were applauding every time he made even the most basic of catches, because they were so desperate for us to have signed a good keeper. He's obviously a decent shot-stopper but I think he'll cost us with lapses of concentration (charging off his line against United or the botched clearance near the end of the Killie game) or his inability to come off the line.

You obviously, like me, think Maka has the ability but he'll obviously have to prove it away from Easter Road which I think is a great pity. He could have been the latest young player we've developed to sell on for big money.

If he was half as good as HS makes out then chelsea woudl never have let him go, send him out on loan yes but not let him go to another club

blackpoolhibs
25-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Can he, so he has not dropped one single cross or flapped at any cross, away and dont talk pish

He did flap at one yesterday, something we saw every week with Maka.

Allant1981
25-10-2009, 12:34 PM
He did flap at one yesterday, something we saw every week with Maka.

Sorry i meant Maka

Hibercelona
25-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Maka's an overall great goalie IMO....

As for Stacks... hes alright like. :wink:

Jonnyboy
25-10-2009, 10:47 PM
I haven't changed my views on Stack.How you contrived to come to that conclusion from my comment on the penalty scenario is weird.I've effectively done a thesis on my views on Stack in the last few weeks and don't have any intentions of going over them again.:greengrin

Tongue in cheek HS after you used the words Stack and wouldn't blame him in the same post :greengrin

Jonnyboy
25-10-2009, 10:53 PM

In your head maybe.

Lets analyse the goal we lost. The ball was cleared from defence and arrived at the feet of Whittaker the Rangers right back. Where was his marker (Riordan?) in relation to stopping the cross coming in? Error 1.

Cross lofted to beyond the far post (no keeper would have come for that, not even Maka) where Lafferty had lost his marker (Wotherspoon). Error two.

The header back across goal should have been anticipated by either of our central defenders (Hogg/Bamba) and wasn't. Only Boyd anticipated it. Error 3.

We lost a goal and not due to any goalkeeping error by Stack.

As you often say, I can only write about what I see :wink:

And finally, I'd argue there's a very strong case that Stack earned us a share of the spoils at Ibrox as he had a string of very good saves :agree:

GC
25-10-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm still not convinced he should be number one.

Seems a good lad and good for a laugh in the dressing room and that but I feel more confident with Maka in goals. My biggest fear now is that with Maka out of contract at the end of this season we are going to lose him for nout and regret it at a later time.

Stack has the gloves though so i'll support him as always.

Removed
25-10-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm still not convinced he should be number one.

Seems a good lad and good for a laugh in the dressing room and that but I feel more confident with Maka in goals. My biggest fear now is that with Maka out of contract at the end of this season we are going to lose him for nout and regret it at a later time.

Stack has the gloves though so i'll support him as always.

I really don't know how you can feel like that. I'm speechless.

GC
25-10-2009, 11:10 PM

Simple, I rate him as the better keeper.

Are you going to reply or will you still be struggling for words?:wink:

Ed De Gramo
25-10-2009, 11:14 PM
See when your not on here spouting your pearls of wisdom about Maka you must have a important job scouting or coaching in football somewhere..

Seeing as you know better than our current manager and the last few regarding Makalambays ability to be consistantly our number 1 choice keeper..

I mean Andy McNeil, David Grof, Grzegorz Szamatulski and now Graham Stack all being preferred to your prodigal son Maka..

When? :confused:

McNeil only played when Maka was injured or away with the Belgium national team...

As for Grof....he was never preferred to Maka

With to main topic itself: Stack...we have two decent keepers challenging for the jersey...both of which are earning cult status :agree:

Maka is still young and will develop with the correct guidance (which I think the current GK coach will carry out quite well as opposed to Marshall).

I do think we need to be wary of all the bigging up of our keepers....lets not forget that Tynecastle seems to be a graveyard for new Hibs keepers who apparently look no bad :grr::boo hoo:

Removed
25-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Simple, I rate him as the better keeper.

Are you going to reply or will you still be struggling for words?:wink:

:greengrin

Different opinions are healthy :agree: still shocked though, I ***** myself everytime Maka is in goal

GC
25-10-2009, 11:24 PM
When? :confused:

McNeil only played when Maka was injured or away with the Belgium national team...

As for Grof....he was never preferred to Maka

With to main topic itself: Stack...we have two decent keepers challenging for the jersey...both of which are earning cult status :agree:

Maka is still young and will develop with the correct guidance (which I think the current GK coach will carry out quite well as opposed to Marshall).

I do think we need to be wary of all the bigging up of our keepers....lets not forget that Tynecastle seems to be a graveyard for new Hibs keepers who apparently look no bad :grr::boo hoo:

Except Maka

brydekirk
25-10-2009, 11:25 PM
anybody know what happened to big laursen ?

Ed De Gramo
25-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Except Maka

Dropping the ball at Velicka's foot :jamboak:

GC
25-10-2009, 11:29 PM
:greengrin

Different opinions are healthy :agree: still shocked though, I ***** myself everytime Maka is in goal

I'm with you on the opinions, to be honest right, they are both good keepers, I have nothing against Stack but I just feel more confident in big Yves - seriously.

I can see why you might need to change after games with some of Maka's antics though.

GC
25-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Dropping the ball at Velicka's foot :jamboak:

Not sure I can give you that one mate.

I was sitting right behind the goals that day and it looked like he did his best to keep it out after a point blank header.

matty_f
25-10-2009, 11:39 PM

I was sitting right behind the goals that day and it looked like he did his best to keep it out after a point blank header.

:agree:

Maka's had good games at the PBS.

legends of 73
26-10-2009, 07:08 AM

and has flapped at more crosses than stack.

granted stack should have delt with the cross for there goal better but give me stack long before maka

legends of 73
26-10-2009, 07:15 AM

pish everyone seen he dropped it at his feet.

are you the guy who goes with the guide dog cos if not i'd get along to spec savers:greengrin:greengrin

Hibs90
26-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Still prefer Maka. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
26-10-2009, 08:42 AM
and has flapped at more crosses than stack.

granted stack should have delt with the cross for there goal better but give me stack long before maka

In what way could he have delt with the cross better? Perhaps if wotherspoon was watching the ball, instead of day dreaming, he would have challenged for the cross ball. There was no way in the world Stack should or could have came for that cross.:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
26-10-2009, 08:58 AM

:agree: Absence must make the heart grow fonder?

Except Maka

He's done ok a few times but you seem to be blocking out the Velicka goal. That should never have been allowed to slip through him.

In what way could he have delt with the cross better? Perhaps if wotherspoon was watching the ball, instead of day dreaming, he would have challenged for the cross ball. There was no way in the world Stack should or could have came for that cross.:confused:

I agree - he should never have come for ths cross - not sure if he could've got out to cut out the header from Lafferty though?

Andy74
26-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't really care either way but I'll just say this, some of the stuff that Stack had done - Maka WOULD have been blamed for whether it was avoidable or not.

Including the goal. It's funny how the six yard box is the goalkeepers, end of story, when Maka is around, but Stack gets the benefit of the defenders being blamed.

As I say, I don't really care either way, Maka is better at commanding the box but does make the odd clanger, Stack doesn't come for many and has beatren to or dropped a couple as well. The Motherwell goal I'll put on him as well as Maka certainly would have been blamed.

Stack has also had a few moments that he's got away with so far.

I think we've two good goalkeepers, but they both have their faults.

I'm not seeing the rules of judging goalkeepers being that evenly applied here though! :wink: