PDA

View Full Version : Yams Jambos not looking forward to the derby (merged)

Alex Trager
24-10-2009, 06:15 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63796

TITLE ;;I'm dreading the derby!!!!!!!

i knew they would sometime , lets let them fear and keep stume that now untill we hopefully PUMP them

they're ****!NG

Alex Trager
24-10-2009, 06:17 PM
*****!NG IT ,Not ****!ng

Cropley10
24-10-2009, 06:23 PM
You're a little obsessed with what's going on over there, IMHO

Every Hibee knows that the Derby is a one-off, anything can happen and usually does.

bobbyhibs1983
24-10-2009, 06:24 PM

Every Hibee knows that the Derby is a one-off, anything can happen and usually does.

ye indeed, and i ve said it as well as a few other ppl but remember what happened last season when we had injures and what not and we won 1-0 with deeko scoring

frazeHFC
24-10-2009, 06:26 PM
I am too.......Nade might flatten some of our players :nade::faf:

Dibben
24-10-2009, 06:29 PM
I think they are right to be concerned, however history should tell us never to go into these games confident!!!

If we play as we can, we'll win, and probably comfortably - however, if the team that played against Hamilton appears...

BH.

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
24-10-2009, 06:29 PM

yeah it would be nice to hammer them but its not the be-all-and-end-all, what really counts is that we are on the way up & they are a wee pub team :jamboak:

matty_f
24-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I think each time there's been a clear favourite in the last few years, the 'underdog' has gone on to win.

That said, if we carry our form into the derby (bear in mind we've an important game against the Sheep coming up first), and we play as we have been recently, we've enough about us to win the game.

We also have the advantage of having a Hibby in charge, there should be nobody under any illusion of just how much is at stake, and just how much effort is required from everyone.

Dibben
24-10-2009, 06:35 PM
I think each time there's been a clear favourite in the last few years, the 'underdog' has gone on to win.

That said, if we carry our form into the derby (bear in mind we've an important game against the Sheep coming up first), and we play as we have been recently, we've enough about us to win the game.

We also have the advantage of having a Hibby in charge, there should be nobody under any illusion of just how much is at stake, and just how much effort is required from everyone.

:agree:

I'm absolutely convinced that we will not be short of effort in the derby. We also have the benefit of having several Hibees in the 1st team!!!

BH.

Leithenhibby
24-10-2009, 06:50 PM

I'm absolutely convinced that we will not be short of effort in the derby. We also have the benefit of having several Hibees in the 1st team!!!

BH.

Massive advantage for us in many ways, but I would just like us to go about our business as usual, forget the fact that the yams are going through a bad spell :greengrin lets just get the 3 points :cool2: with some style :thumbsup:

--------
24-10-2009, 06:52 PM

You're right, Mattie - we want to get a result against the Dons first of all.

THEN we can begin to think about the derby.

There's nothing more embarrassing than thread after thread on here before a derby boasting about what we're "going" to do to the Yams, followed by Yam after Yam coming on here afterwards gloating about having beaten us.

I was at Tynie the afternoon in 1973 the Tornadoes got turned over 4-1 by the same team they'd beaten 7-0 just eight months earlier; I also remember the sweetness of beating them at ER towards the end of the relegation season (when they rather amusingly were fancying themselves for the title, IIRC).

It's impossible to read a derby match beforehand IMO, except that, as you say, pre-match favourites usually tend to come unstuck....

I can't imagine Yogi not making everyone very clear about how much the match means to him, to us and to the club - I'm rather impressed by the way he seems to be building not just a team, but a club structured for growth and progress. I just pray it all continues as it's begun.

Robinho08
24-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Just remember that manky lot thought they were gonna pump us last season, when Deeko nipped up to score the penalty and win the game one nowt.

Don't want to see us getting cocky!

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Just remember that manky lot thought they were gonna pump us last season, when Deeko nipped up to score the penalty and win the game one nowt.

Don't want to see us getting cocky!

Form goes out the window in a derby.. How many times have we went into one playing well then falling flat on our faces ??

You going to the game Boab ??

I am going to Aberdeen mate.. Are you organising tickets ?? Who is all going ??

Mikey
24-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Form goes out the window in a derby.

That might be the case in a normal derby, but this isn't a normal derby.

The majority of their team have no affinity with the club or the fans. As long as we maintain our current form there's nothing they can do to match us.

After that it's just a case of sticking the ball in the net. Several times :greengrin

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 07:26 PM

The majority of their team have no affinity with the club or the fans. As long as we maintain our current form there's nothing they can do to match us.

After that it's just a case of sticking the ball in the net. Several times :greengrin

It doesn't matter.. It's always the same with us.. We always fall flat on our faces when we go into a Hertz match playing well....

aazza91
24-10-2009, 07:37 PM

i knew they would sometime , lets let them fear and keep stume that now untill we hopefully PUMP them

they're ****!NG

You are a hearts bassa. What account you posting under over there? ih8hibs or something?

Defo strong smell of yam. Every post is the same 12 year old pissy insults about hearts.

wazoo1875
24-10-2009, 07:37 PM

After that it's just a case of sticking the ball in the net. Seven times :greengrin

Fixed it :thumbsup:

I agree with you here mikey and as someone else has said we have the benefit of having a hibby in charge and a few in the first team . Also the ones who are not hibees look like they want to be playing for us .

That said it's still THE game and anythin can happen . I myself think this could be one of the special ones for us :greengrin

Bayern Bru
24-10-2009, 07:46 PM
:jamboid:

Distinct possibility.

euro Hibby
24-10-2009, 07:49 PM
approach it like any other game. Hibs did that today. They played football and kept playing football. Got to do the business first with Aberdeen.

WindyMiller
24-10-2009, 08:36 PM
You are a hearts bassa. What account you posting under over there? ih8hibs or something?

Defo strong smell of yam. Every post is the same 12 year old pissy insults about hearts.

There's a strong smell of sweet potato right enough.

LTYF. :agree:

hibbie02
24-10-2009, 09:19 PM

they're ****!NG

LTYF YB!
:jamboid::lolyam::trumpet:

--------
24-10-2009, 09:22 PM
approach it like any other game. Hibs did that today. They played football and kept playing football. Got to do the business first with Aberdeen.

:top marks

Archie70
24-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Use the search and go back about 90 pages (close season- August). You'll read how the seasons going to turn out.
We'll be battling for relegation by signing Hughes and players like McBride. Zemamma and Benji will never play for us again, our midfield is first division, we've sold our last decent player (Fletch), we have no scouting system or youngsters breaking through, we'll play hoofball.
They'll be running the OF close with the quality players they're signing, midfield of Denes Rosa, Stephen Hughes, Paul Hartley, Danny Galbraith with Lee Miller up front. Csaba is a tactical genius, Witteveen is just what they need up front, Bouzid is the hardest player in the league, Suso will rip the league apart, a good run in Europe, Nade back to full fitness, one downside Wallace is signing for Man City. Black is better than Scott Brown.
But the best of them all is when they thank Romanov for finally coming good with the money he's promised to be putting into the club and allowing them to make the imminent quality signings over the summer!!!
Dozens of threads about how far ahead they are, they quality of they're manager and signings as they scoff at ours!
:faf:

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 09:31 PM
They are on suicide watch over there........

Mikey
24-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Use the search and go back about 90 pages (close season- August).

Isn't that making it a wee bit easy for their mods? They can see who's reading threads :wink:

greenlex
24-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Isn't that making it a wee bit easy for their mods? They can see who's reading threads :wink:
We need someone to take one for the team and quickly bump them all.

TrinityHibs
24-10-2009, 09:35 PM

they're ****!NG

Why is he still here? Is somebody keeping a pet?:jamboid:

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 09:37 PM
They should be bricking it :agree:

Deek , Stokes , Nish , Benji , Zouma , Miller , Bamba:dizzy:

PISTOL1875
24-10-2009, 09:41 PM

Bamba is away playing n the African Nations Cup.. :grr::grr::grr:

MSK
24-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Why is he still here? Is somebody keeping a pet?:jamboid:Can you prove its a yam ..do you have proof ..?..if so report him & we will deal with it ..

sleeping giant
24-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Bamba is away playing n the African Nations Cup.. :grr::grr::grr:

In November ?

1875godsgift
24-10-2009, 09:53 PM
We need someone to take one for the team and quickly bump them all.

Hey, maybe SeanDuff might be the man for the job?:greengrin

TrinityHibs
24-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Can you prove its a yam ..do you have proof ..?..if so report him & we will deal with it ..

Interesting. I ask two questions and I get an Admin response asking for proof. Yet there are at least three or four similar queries and they all just sit out there without comment. Is this a non PM thing?

I asked a question Why is he still here? The reason I asked is because the few posts I have read of his would suggest to me he is on the wind up in an inflammatory sense. Asking if someone has a pet? is merely trying to find out if he is indeed a follower of the dark side being kept for amusement value. To be honest I dont really care.

I have never reported anyone either on .net or in real life and in all the time I have been on here nothing I have read on this site has ever made me think think I should REPORT someone so they can be DEALT WITH. I find the tone of the response to be disproportianate to the questions raised and on a day that I have thoroughly enjoyed you have just taken the edge of it. Mind you I cant prove that either.:grr:

Sir David Gray
24-10-2009, 10:25 PM

I just hope that none of them get injured or sent off next week. :pray:

Hibercelona
24-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Interesting. I ask two questions and I get an Admin response asking for proof. Yet there are at least three or four similar queries and they all just sit out there without comment. Is this a non PM thing?

I asked a question Why is he still here? The reason I asked is because the few posts I have read of his would suggest to me he is on the wind up in an inflammatory sense. Asking if someone has a pet? is merely trying to find out if he is indeed a follower of the dark side being kept for amusement value. To be honest I dont really care.

I have never reported anyone either on .net or in real life and in all the time I have been on here nothing I have read on this site has ever made me think think I should REPORT someone so they can be DEALT WITH. I find the tone of the response to be disproportianate to the questions raised and on a day that I have thoroughly enjoyed you have just taken the edge of it. Mind you I cant prove that either.:grr:

Settle doon! :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
24-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Lets not get over excited just yet...

The yams being the yams always seem to come up smelling of roses every time there's a Derby we're confident about :grr:

Lets not forget that Nade has a 'Scoring Record' against us (the thought makes me :jamboak:)

But what we do have is a proper Hibs fan in charge (Mixu was a Hibs hero but not a proper Hibby who knows what the Derby means to the fans)...

Yogi will not want any passengers running out at PBS and he'll drum into them the importance of what this match means to him & us :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
24-10-2009, 10:33 PM

they're ****!NG

As a side note...can we ditch Mr Lawson please :agree:

HibbyAndy
24-10-2009, 10:34 PM
A derby is a derby.

But i tell you what, our starting 11 against there starting 11 and Hibs will win.

Pete
24-10-2009, 10:42 PM
:hahaha:Witteveen

:hahaha:Nade

Hearts teams of the past have always had threats even when they're in poor form but this mob are different. I reckon all we need to do is keep Driver, Stewart and Suso quiet and we won't lose.

However, it's a derby at tynie and I'd probably take the draw right now.

TrinityHibs
24-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Settle doon! :greengrin

I have. I'm off trying to prove that the Americans actually walked on the moon, there were WMD's in Iraq and those twins of X Factor can actually sing a note in tune.

And I still think he's on the wind up.

HibbyAndy
24-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I have. I'm off trying to prove that the Americans actually walked on the moon, there were WMD's in Iraq and those twins of X Factor can actually sing a note in tune. And I still think he's on the wind up.

Surely they will go tomorrow :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
24-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Can someone PM me a Login so I can go have a s******..

Ta

FranckSuzy
24-10-2009, 11:47 PM
OMG :confused: Praise indeed.

We could learn a lot from Hibs, unpalatable as it my be, because they are a well run club from boardroom down. With the OF being basically s##te, Hibs have and probably will continue to challenge them. The most frustrating thing for me is the fact that had Laszlo been allowed to sign 2 strikers, we would have been up there challenging too.

joe breezy
25-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Just posting fae ma mobile so dinnae ken how to quote this way, BUT have to take issue with the poster who said Mixu wasn't a real Hibby that knew what the derby meant to fans.

I'm sure Mixu had a very good idea of what the derby meant to fans.

givescotlandfreedom
25-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Mixu was a Hibs hero but not a proper Hibby who knows what the Derby means to the fans...

Disagree totally there like the poster above. Mixu knew what the derby meant to fans and he probably felt it himself. How many times do you think Hibees have told him about his hat-trick and what it means to them? Loads!

Sir David Gray
25-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Disagree totally there like the poster above. Mixu knew what the derby meant to fans and he probably felt it himself. How many times do you think Hibees have told him about his hat-trick and what it means to them? Loads!

:agree: Say what you like about him but Mixu Paatelainen knew all about the Edinburgh Derby and just how important it was to the fans to win that fixture as a player and as a manager.

Saying otherwise is just silly and is just another way of trying to put the man down even more than he already has been, after his disastrous spell as manager.

The guy has a genuine affection for the club and I don't think a poor time as Hibs manager should mean that's forgotten about.

All in my opinion, of course.

Dashing Bob S
25-10-2009, 05:16 PM
:agree: Say what you like about him but Mixu Paatelainen knew all about the Edinburgh Derby and just how important it was to the fans to win that fixture as a player and as a manager.

Saying otherwise is just silly and is just another way of trying to put the man down even more than he already has been, after his disastrous spell as manager.

The guy has a genuine affection for the club and I don't think a poor time as Hibs manager should mean that's forgotten about.

Well said that man.

WindyMiller
25-10-2009, 09:01 PM

On "Off the Ball" yesterday someone congratulated MIXU on the anniverary of the 6 v 2 game. When asked about it he said he'd been out celebrating the event.
True, or just playing up the joke, doesn't matter he knows how much it means.

Phil D. Rolls
25-10-2009, 09:03 PM
If there is one thing I have learned about the derby it's that the minute one team starts thinking that all they have to do is show up, the other team has the upper hand.

Personally I'd like Euan Cameron to come on and tell us how we are going to get pumped. No I wouldn't like it, I'd love it. I'd really really love it - and I hope he's sitting at home reading this, because I would really really love it if we beat them.

HibeeMcGinn1
25-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Roll on November 7th

Gala Foxes
26-10-2009, 05:50 AM
We've all been there before, Hibs on form, them not, then up comes a derby and they raise it big style. Expect the same to happen on the 7th. That said with a bit of "spirit of 99 Millennium Derby" (now that Yogi is back), don't even look at them in the tunnel, get right in about them attitude - we can wipe the floor with them because they are murder

PISTOL1875
26-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Roll on November 7th

We need to worry about Aberdeen first.. Then , we can start thinking about that mob....

aberhibsfc
26-10-2009, 12:34 PM
3 points and bragging rights aside, I am worried about bookings and injuries. Hearts usually go in hard and dirty, more so given the state they are in. If they can't beat us they'll try to beat up on us.

It will be a difficult game even with us on form.

Houchy
26-10-2009, 12:41 PM
ye indeed, and i ve said it as well as a few other ppl but remember what happened last season when we had injures and what not and we won 1-0 with deeko scoring

Aye, but we also had :casper: playing that day.

Steve20
26-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I think people are getting too over excited. Yes, if we play well, we have a good chance but what if the team that turned up at Hamilton show up? We will lose.

They are the home team and will be favourites to win on the day.

RIP
26-10-2009, 12:46 PM
SeanDuff :faf::jamboak:

Dashing Bob S
26-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Poor Jambos, not looking forward to the derby. Do they think we enjoy visiting their toytown pink mechano stadium and watching their overpaid hammer-throwers try and kick us off the park?

I'll put up with it for another win though.

lyonhibs
26-10-2009, 01:26 PM
For me, the most important game that will affect how I feel about the derby is the Aberdeen at home game - they just got pumped at home by Dundee United, and we have just emerged with plaudits for a draw at Ibrox that could oh so easily have been a win.

How typical would it be for us to crash and effin' burn against the Sheep at home, and drain a fair bit of the confidence swirling about the place at the moment.

So, Aberdeen at home 1st - that's a BIG game in the race for 3rd, as I think Aberdeen will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

Then we worry about the derby which is, after all, even with Nade and that albino kid up front, still a derby at Tynecastle.

Oscar T Grouch
26-10-2009, 01:38 PM
It doesn't matter.. It's always the same with us.. We always fall flat on our faces when we go into a Hertz match playing well....

Your a bloody pessimist Pete, we're gonna hump them and the roseburn'll be bouncing:thumbsup:

GGTTH

vahibbie
26-10-2009, 02:19 PM
I think people are getting too over excited. Yes, if we play well, we have a good chance but what if the team that turned up at Hamilton show up? We will lose.

They are the home team and will be favourites to win on the day.

Hope they are a hefty "odds-on" price. A nice wee bundle to be made on a Hibs win then:greengrin

Alex Trager
26-10-2009, 02:40 PM
seanduff :faf::jamboak:

need?

basehibby
26-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Lets not get over excited just yet...

The yams being the yams always seem to come up smelling of roses every time there's a Derby we're confident about :grr:

Lets not forget that Nade has a 'Scoring Record' against us (the thought makes me :jamboak:)

But what we do have is a proper Hibs fan in charge (Mixu was a Hibs hero but not a proper Hibby who knows what the Derby means to the fans)...

Yogi will not want any passengers running out at PBS and he'll drum into them the importance of what this match means to him & us :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can't agree with that bit - and his record last season bears me out :bitchy:

basehibby
26-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Re the derby - I'm glad some of the Yams are peppering their keks about it, but we shouldn't be drawn in - any trumpeting before the event from our side will merely give them added incentive, and, as with any game of football, anything can happen (eg. anyone see Spurs vs Stoke on Sat?).

As pointed out elsewhere there is also the small matter of a home fixture vs Aberdeen to contend with first - a match which, in the context of the league, is every bit as important for Hibs to win as the derby - if not more so!

Cropley10
26-10-2009, 08:03 PM

Correct!:top marks

Tranent Hibby
26-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Spoke to a Hearts 1st team player recently who also thinks we will win next week. It doesnt mean alot to be honest but it just shows the belief they have :thumbsup:

matty_f
26-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Are they all still "Together"? :dunno:

Alex Trager
27-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Listen i know you all feel i'm a yam but please beleive me i'm not , sit in the ff (for many years)and have been to every game (hibs) of the season bar celtic as i was away, anyway they are planning to hijack the nade song heard it toay in school , they are going to sing something like ' mixu couldn't win, couldn't win the big cup' and so forth using all the previous managers names!!!:grr::grr::grr:

how dare they

Hainan Hibs
27-10-2009, 06:05 PM
First things first we have to get Aberdeen out the way, a tricky match which we ideally need 3 points from.

I remember back to the derby just after the CIS Cup win, everybody predicting a massive win, and we end up playing absolute crap and lose 1-0.

Hibs need to go in with the right attitude and a massive amount of desire and fight, something which Yogi is guranteed to give them that.

I'd take a scrappy 1-0 win now.

Alex Trager
27-10-2009, 06:08 PM
I also feel that the Aberdeen game is much more important at this moment in time ....

MSK
27-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Listen i know you all feel i'm a yam but please beleive me i'm not , sit in the ff (for many years)and have been to every game (hibs) of the season bar celtic as i was away, anyway they are planning to hijack the nade song heard it toay in school , they are going to sing something like ' mixu couldn't win, couldn't win the big cup' and so forth using all the previous managers names!!!:grr::grr::grr:

how dare theyOuch !!! that could cause a riot ....:rolleyes:....:greengrin

Alex Trager
27-10-2009, 06:13 PM
I know it could start a riot:dizzy: i just wanted everyone to know incase they do sing it and we all got a bad surprise, they are maybe thinking about doing what they done at the SC semi , and handing out leaflets with the words on it.So we can just better them by taking a big anti( infact pro nade) nade poster....

Jim44
27-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Our chances of winning the Derby are 50-50. Nothing more nothing less. It'll be interesting to see what odds the bookies give. As the Home team the bookies might just make them short odds favourites. I'd rather we went into the game as the short odds also rans.

MSK
27-10-2009, 06:19 PM
I know it could start a riot:dizzy: i just wanted everyone to know incase they do sing it and we all got a bad surprise, they are maybe thinking about doing what they done at the SC semi , and handing out leaflets with the words on it.So we can just better them by taking a big anti( infact pro nade) nade poster....**** ..they can read too ...are they handing out crayons too ?

Chuckie
27-10-2009, 06:20 PM
I know it could start a riot:dizzy: i just wanted everyone to know incase they do sing it and we all got a bad surprise, they are maybe thinking about doing what they done at the SC semi , and handing out leaflets with the words on it.So we can just better them by taking a big anti( infact pro nade) nade poster....

:jamboclow

James Connolly
27-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Our chances of winning the Derby are 50-50. Nothing more nothing less. It'll be interesting to see what odds the bookies give. As the Home team the bookies might just make them short odds favourites. I'd rather we went into the game as the short odds also rans.

There will little between the 2 sides, as far as the betting goes IMO; probably 6/4 Hearts, 13/8 Hibs, 2/1 the draw, or as near damn it.

Hibs could well start slight favourites though, depending on this weeks results.

HibbyAndy
27-10-2009, 06:33 PM
One game at a time chaps, lets take care of the sheep 1st before we even think about the smellies, im sure Yogi will be telling our boys the same.

lyonhibs
27-10-2009, 06:44 PM

how dare they

Those wild Yams, they really live on the edge - however will we match their acerbic wit and cutting sense of humour...............:rolleyes: :jamboid:

Baader
27-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Will they be booing their captain vociferously also? Fools!

soupy
27-10-2009, 07:42 PM
:top marks:top marks
Just posting fae ma mobile so dinnae ken how to quote this way, BUT have to take issue with the poster who said Mixu wasn't a real Hibby that knew what the derby meant to fans.

I'm sure Mixu had a very good idea of what the derby meant to fans.