PDA

View Full Version : Hun racists at it again

H18sry
21-10-2009, 10:43 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5641876,00.html

With there own players, do they have no shame :grr:

Kojock
21-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Take it you have never heard the Hibs support racially abuse their own players :kettle:

HIBERNIAN-0762
21-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Nothing changes in the land of der hun, bigoted, racist and downright nasty fans, the sooner they and the plastic paddys eff off to dungland the better

:bye:

H18sry
21-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Take it you have never heard the Hibs support racially abuse their own players :kettle:

No and if I did they would be reported to the relevant authorities, there is no room in football for racism .

Andy.1875
21-10-2009, 10:57 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5641876,00.html

With there own players, do they have no shame :grr:

It's not as if he had any part in the defeat. Sadly these morons do not seem to think they are doing any wrong.

Jonnyboy
21-10-2009, 11:30 AM

Two wrongs don't make a right and the Rangers fans should be totally ashamed of themselves. I've heard Hibs fans being racially abusive in the past so I agree our support are not all angels but I'd like to think that anyone using that kind of language would be challenged by other fans

hibiedude
21-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Or it could be that Maurice Edu is looking to get away from Rangers career in the January transfer window.

Did I not read somewhere that he was not a happy bunny at Hunsville so the escape route is now open.

Sad if this is the case because racially abuse should never be excepted at any level

1two
21-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Or it could be that Maurice Edu is looking to get away from Rangers career in the January transfer window.

Did I not read somewhere that he was not a happy bunny at Hunsville so the escape route is now open.

Sad if this is the case because racially abuse should never be excepted at any level

It would be even sadder if he's made it up as an exit strategy!

hibiedude
21-10-2009, 12:57 PM
It would be even sadder if he's made it up as an exit strategy!

I'm not saying that's what happened but I find it strange that no one else seen or heard what is alleged to have happened to Edu. When players leave the stadium after a game there are a lot of people standing about but no one seems to have witnessed anything or they haven't come forward yet.

Makaveli
21-10-2009, 01:49 PM
"Rangers Hunt Racist Fan (http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Headlines/0,,5%7E1832893,00.html)"

...hay in a haystack surely? :wink:

CropleyWasGod
21-10-2009, 01:54 PM
"Rangers Hunt Racist Fan (http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Headlines/0,,5%7E1832893,00.html)"

or needle in a box of pricks?

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2009, 01:55 PM

That to me is just a quick description of your average Govan dweller apart from the obvious "H" instead of a "C" spelling mistake in the second word.

Makaveli
21-10-2009, 02:00 PM
That article on their official site begins with "RANGERS are raging" ... eloquent as ever, eh? :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 02:19 PM

Can't say I have myself.

I'd be gobbed smacked if I heard any of our supporters chanting racial abuse... whether it would be at our own players or not.

I'd probably be too ashamed to go back to ER if I heard that kind of chanting from anyone.

1two
21-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Can't say I have myself.

I'd be gobbed smacked if I heard any of our supporters chanting racial abuse... whether it would be at our own players or not.

I'd probably be too ashamed to go back to ER if I heard that kind of chanting from anyone.

The semi at Tynie v St J....

A guy got himself flung out for calling benji a paki ******* among other things at benji and other players:bitchy:

It was fans that got him put out and he ended up with a lifetime ban from hibs and a football banning order.

Not the first time I heard racism at ER/hibs games either. Casual Racism is part of scotlands society imo and i wouldn't call myself exactly 'PC' either!

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 02:44 PM
The semi at Tynie v St J....

A guy got himself flung out for calling benji a paki ******* among other things at benji and other players:bitchy:

It was fans that got him put out and he ended up with a lifetime ban from hibs and a football banning order.

Not the first time I heard racism at ER/hibs games either. Casual Racism is part of scotlands society imo and i wouldn't call myself exactly 'PC' either!

I was at that game... I never realized someone had got flung out for racism. :bitchy:

I'm not PC either, I have valid reasons (as im sure many people do) to dislike foreigners... But I don't base that dislike on where they are from or what colour they are... etc

I've never heard any racism at ER with my own ears... perhaps i've just been fortunate.

1two
21-10-2009, 02:45 PM
I was at that game... I never realized someone had got flung out for racism. :bitchy:

I'm not PC either, I have valid reasons (as im sure many people do) to dislike foreigners... But I don't base that dislike on where they are from or what colour they are... etc

I've never heard any racism at ER with my own ears... perhaps i've just been fortunate.

:faf:

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 02:48 PM
:faf:

Did it sound a little too PC there. :greengrin

Hibs90
21-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I have a memory of someone giving racial abuse at an away game, might have been Dunfermline a few years ago. Nobody done anything about it, a few words were said to the guy but he wouldn't stop.

There was another game at the old Love Street where this one guy just gave constant racial abuse to any Hibs/St. Mirren player. Think someone reported him and he only got a warning. :yawn:

It's part of football and while it may be in the minority it won't be eradicated because you will still get some people who will always be like that no matter how hard a few 'Kick them out' campaigns or whatever push them.

It's sad, but true.

CropleyWasGod
21-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Did it sound a little too PC there. :greengrin

Not in any way.

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 02:52 PM
I have a memory of someone giving racial abuse at an away game, might have been Dunfermline a few years ago. Nobody done anything about it, a few words were said to the guy but he wouldn't stop.

There was another game at the old Love Street where this one guy just gave constant racial abuse to any Hibs/St. Mirren player. Think someone reported him and he only got a warning. :yawn:

It's part of football and while it may be in the minority it won't be eradicated because you will still get some people who will always be like that no matter how hard a few 'Kick them out' campaigns or whatever push them.

It's sad, but true.

:agree:

I hate to say it, but the campaigns just seem like a complete waste of time to be honest.

Everybody knows that racism is wrong, people don't need to be constantly reminded.

Its just that few people from each fanbase will chant racial abuse being fully aware that what they are doing is wrong.

CropleyWasGod
21-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Can't say I have myself.

There was also the case of the three guys at Brockville a couple of years ago who were charged.

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Not in any way.

Your sarcasm indicator seems to be faulty today. :wink:

CropleyWasGod
21-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Your sarcasm indicator seems to be faulty today. :wink:

Dunno if it was sarcasm, irony or whatever. I was merely replying to your earlier question, mindful of your comment that you have "valid reasons (as im sure many people do) to dislike foreigners".

lapsedhibee
21-10-2009, 04:46 PM

What then? The string of onions hanging from their bicycles or the eating sausages in public dressed in leather shorts? :dunno:

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 04:53 PM
What then? The string of onions hanging from their bicycles or the eating sausages in public dressed in leather shorts? :dunno:

No... thats just plain funny. :wink:

The reason I dislike many foreigners is because they come over here, start up shops, take up 2 or 3 other jobs as well in the process and they pay no taxes.

Its because of foreigners that young lads like me can't get jobs... they take them all! :grr:

I don't dislike anyone based on their race, its what they come over here and do that makes me dislike them.

oconnors_strip
21-10-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm not saying that's what happened but I find it strange that no one else seen or heard what is alleged to have happened to Edu. When players leave the stadium after a game there are a lot of people standing about but no one seems to have witnessed anything or they haven't come forward yet.

you seriously think that a fellow rangers fan is going to grass on him/her? it might not have struck as a racist remark to people.

i remember a guy in the east a few years ago having a go at bobo balde, his language was so racist i and some other hibees told him to shut it, but he continued so we reported him to the police at half time and he got chucked out and his details taken. no room in football or everyday life for racism!

hibsbollah
21-10-2009, 05:02 PM
i remember a guy in the east a few years ago having a go at bobo balde, his language was so racist i and some other hibees told him to shut it, but he continued so we reported him to the police at half time and he got chucked out and his details taken. no room in football or everyday life for racism!

He wasnt a little weedy scrote at the front of the east with spikey ginger hair was he?

Horse

No, but I have heard the odd ignoramus racially abusing opponents (very rarely I must add). One time I remember telling some pr*** to shut up (well, I wasn't quite as polite as that) who had been making rascist comments throughout the game. As soon as I said it at least ten others got stuck into him and he kept quiet for the remainder of the match. It just shows you every team has ars***** who go to games but it also shows that "self policing" works. Don't be afraid to stand up to fascists and never get complacent, it just takes one or two to give everyone a bad name.

Unfortunetly it is part of both sides of the Old Firm's fabric to be intolerant so it's no surprise to hear the Edu story, absolutely shocking but no surprise.

Petrie's Tache
Dunno if it was sarcasm, irony or whatever. I was merely replying to your earlier question, mindful of your comment that you have "valid reasons (as im sure many people do) to dislike foreigners".

Surely if IHO he has a "valid" reason to dislike somepeople he is entitled to his opinion? He never once has indicated he didn't like someone based on the colour of there skin.

Just we don't deem things to be valid, dosen't mean others can't.

I am not a racist! Yet I am also not the most PC person in the world either, not that I am ashamed to admit it either. Although people would want you stoned to death these days for a difference of opinion from teh PC brigade!

oconnors_strip
21-10-2009, 05:07 PM
He wasnt a little weedy scrote at the front of the east with spikey ginger hair was he?

no he was a man in his 60's! i was close to smacking the old b******

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Surely if IHO he has a "valid" reason to dislike somepeople he is entitled to his opinion? He never once has indicated he didn't like someone based on the colour of there skin.

Just we don't deem things to be valid, dosen't mean others can't.

I am not a racist! Yet I am also not the most PC person in the world either, not that I am ashamed to admit it either. Although people would want you stoned to death these days for a difference of opinion from teh PC brigade!

:agree: :top marks

Horse
21-10-2009, 05:11 PM

The reason I dislike many foreigners is because they come over here, start up shops, take up 2 or 3 other jobs as well in the process and they pay no taxes.

Its because of foreigners that young lads like me can't get jobs... they take them all! :grr:

I don't dislike anyone based on their race, its what they come over here and do that makes me dislike them.

That post in itself comes across as racist - I'm sure there are many Scots out there who also work and pay no taxes and a few more who also claim benefits on top. When you say "foreigners" do you mean Eastern Europeans? If so, they are as entitled to come here and work in the same way as we are entitled to go and work anywhere else in the EU.

hibsbollah
21-10-2009, 05:16 PM
That post in itself comes across as racist - I'm sure there are many Scots out there who also work and pay no taxes and a few more who also claim benefits on top. When you say "foreigners" do you mean Eastern Europeans? If so, they are as entitled to come here and work in the same way as we are entitled to go and work anywhere else in the EU.

It was a ridiculous post:rolleyes:. As if we didnt know already, it just demonstrates again that some of our own support arent exactly 'whiter than white:duck:' in this respect.

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 05:18 PM

:confused:

ginger_rice
21-10-2009, 05:23 PM

Need to be careful of that one mate, the World is full of expatriate Scots living and working abroad. If you ask those who employ these "foreigners" they will tell you that they tend to be in jobs that the Scots don't want or won't do, and they turn up for their work on time hungover or not!

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Need to be careful of that one mate, the World is full of expatriate Scots living and working abroad. If you ask those who employ these "foreigners" they will tell you that they tend to be in jobs that the Scots don't want or won't do, and they turn up for their work on time hungover or not!

I wont deny that.

I know that Scottish people go abroad to work.

But come on... look at the scale of things.

The rate of foreigners in Scotland is ridiculous.

Also... Scottish people that work abroad don't take up multiple jobs. They go over there and take up one profession... they also have to pay their taxes.

Foreigners come over here and live like royalty. They live the far better life styles and make far more money.... in our own country!

And if people want to accuse me of being racist, even although i've clearly stated that I don't base hatred towards races... then so be it.

But it just goes to show just how over PC this country has become.

ancient hibee
21-10-2009, 05:36 PM
I wont deny that.

Also... Scottish people that work abroad don't take up multiple jobs. They go over there and take up one profession... they also have to pay their taxes.

Foreigners come over here and live like royalty. They live the far better life styles and make far more money.... in our own country!

And if people want to accuse me of being racist, even although i've clearly stated that I don't base hatred towards races... then so be it.

You may not have heard this but we are in an organisation called the european union and this guarantees free movement of people between the member states.

Haymaker
21-10-2009, 05:40 PM
I wont deny that.

Live like royalty? I think not. Come visit where I live, the migrant workers here certainly dont live in royalty, do pay their taxes and work long long days.

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 05:40 PM
You may not have heard this but we are in an organisation called the european union and this guarantees free movement of people between the member states.

But I don't have a problem with foreigners living here. :confused:

Its what they get away with here that gets to me.

How many people in their right mind need to own their own business + have multiple other jobs, especially when they're not paying taxes? :confused:

While the foreigners here get richer.... the Scottish get poorer.

And you think this is ok?

erskine-hibby
21-10-2009, 05:43 PM

We are not a full member of the European union and there are a great many people over here who are not from any of the EU countries anyway.

ginger_rice
21-10-2009, 05:46 PM
Most of the migrant worker living in Scotland are properly registered, pay taxes and NI. The majority work in low paid sectors such as catering, cleaning and so on.

I live opposite a couple of Hungarians who work in the hotel trade, really nice neighbours, hard workers especially compared to the last lot of locals who lived in that flat who were benefit junkies, drunks and drug abusers and those were some of their better traits!

Yes there are some bad 'uns for example I refuse to buy the Big Issue now as in Stirling the sellers are all Rumanian and are shipped in daily from out with the district. But don't tar them all with the same brush.

ancient hibee
21-10-2009, 05:47 PM
We are not a full member of the European union and there are a great many people over here who are not from any of the EU countries anyway.
When did we leave the EU?Have you told anyone?

erskine-hibby
21-10-2009, 05:49 PM
When did we leave the EU?Have you told anyone?

When did we start using the Euro as a currency? have you told anyone??

lapsedhibee
21-10-2009, 05:51 PM

If you know people that are doing four full-time jobs simultaneously, you should really recommend them for a part in Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen sketch. :agree:

Hibster
21-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I wont deny that.

no its not :confused:

take it you've never been to London, Paris, or pretty much any other city in western Europe? We have one of the lowest ethnic minority populations in Europe and a tiny immigrant community compared to most other countries. And with one of the lowest fertility rates in the world, we need more immigrants, not less. Unless you're happy to keep working till you're 80?

"Foreigners come over here and live like royalty. They live the far better life styles and make far more money.... in our own country!"

That just isn't true. Ethnic minorities make up a disproportionate percentage of the lowest economic groups....don't believe everything the BNP tell you

erskine-hibby
21-10-2009, 05:59 PM
The population of the UK is estimated to increase to 70m by 2020, mostly due to the number of immigrants entering the country. We can barely support what we have now with jobs so why should we carry on accepting these people?
Personally I don't have a problem with them, but we, as a nation, cannot sustain the increase in population. It will come to a point when people will say enough is enough and the likes of the BNP will spread rapidly. Would it not be right and proper to put a halt to this now ?

Hibster
21-10-2009, 06:07 PM
The population of the UK is estimated to increase to 70m by 2020, mostly due to the number of immigrants entering the country. We can barely support what we have now with jobs so why should we carry on accepting these people?
Personally I don't have a problem with them, but we, as a nation, cannot sustain the increase in population. It will come to a point when people will say enough is enough and the likes of the BNP will spread rapidly. Would it not be right and proper to put a halt to this now ?

But most of the UK's population increase will occur in England, which is a different issue. They don't need more immigrants, but we definitely do. If we stop taking immigrants we'll be absolutely screwed in a generation or two - with our birth rate as low as it is there's no chance we'd be able to support an increasingly elderly population. We need them - its that simple

erskine-hibby
21-10-2009, 06:15 PM
England doesn't need more immigrants, but we do. If we stop taking immigrants we'll be absolutely screwed in a generation or two - with our birth as low as it is there's no chance we'd be able to support an increasingly elderly population. We need them

The problem, as i see it, with that arguement is 1) they don't want to come here, 2) there are not enough jobs to go round if they did.
There is a reason why the birth rate is so low...Jobs. Who wants to start a family when there is nothing for them to look forward to? People are looking elsewhere for employment because there is none here, and elsewhere usually means England.
It doesn't matter if we get a massive increase in the immigrant population because there is nothing for them to do here...except go on the dole.

Hibster
21-10-2009, 06:24 PM
The problem, as i see it, with that arguement is 1) they don't want to come here, 2) there are not enough jobs to go round if they did.
There is a reason why the birth rate is so low...Jobs. Who wants to start a family when there is nothing for them to look forward to? People are looking elsewhere for employment because there is none here, and elsewhere usually means England.
It doesn't matter if we get a massive increase in the immigrant population because there is nothing for them to do here...except go on the dole.

Fair points. I don't what the solution is - I just think in the long run we'd be doing more damage to our economy by turning immigrants away than we would be by welcoming them here.

Elephant Stone
21-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I wont deny that.

I'm not sure if you're being serious. Are you actually saying that the standard of living for the average immigrant in Scotland is higher than for Scottish people? Without a doubt there will be loads of foreigners here who are doing well for themselves but to say that foreigners in general have 'the better life style' is madness. For the few that do have a good standard though, what's the problem? Do you think they just hop over and enjoy a better standard than average straight away? The foreign people who are doing well will be those who are extremely hard working or entrepreneurial - things which can never be a bad thing in our country. Why should immigrants not be able and encouraged to do as well as they possibly can?

Crazyhorse
21-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure if you're being serious. Are you actually saying that the standard of living for the average immigrant in Scotland is higher than for Scottish people? Without a doubt there will be loads of foreigners here who are doing well for themselves but to say that foreigners in general have 'the better life style' is madness. For the few that do have a good standard though, what's the problem? Do you think they just hop over and enjoy a better standard than average straight away? The foreign people who are doing well will be those who are extremely hard working or entrepreneurial - things which can never be a bad thing in our country. Why should immigrants not be able and encouraged to do as well as they possibly can?

This thread seems to have meandered into a discussion about the EU project - which has good and bad aspects. And also into a debate about economic migrants - which on balance studies suggest have benefitted the UK economy mainly through increased tax revenues. There are ****bags, locals and from other European states, who just take and don't contribute to our society but they are breaking the law and are robbing us all in the end. I don't think there is much point in confusing these people with the ****bags who shout racist abuse at football matches and unfortunately we have them at ER. BTW I think Edu was abused in the car park not in the ground last night.

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Ok... perhaps I over reacted.

But it just annoys me when I see all these foreigners taking up all the job vacancies here, even if they already own a business and have another job.

Where as... there are plenty of young Scottish people that can't even get their hands on 1 job.

I just don't think its fair.

col02
21-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Ok... perhaps I over reacted.

But it just annoys me when I see all these foreigners taking up all the job vacancies here, even if they already own a business and have another job.

Where as... there are plenty of young Scottish people that can't even get their hands on 1 job.

I just don't think its fair.

There are plenty of young Scots that are so lazy they think a job will come to them rather than looking. There are also plenty young Scots who fannied about so much in school that they are not fit to be employed and that is why people who come from other countries who have an aptitude for work get the jobs instead. Maybe some people should look at Eastern Europeans who come and do a 12 hour stint five days a week and do not grumble about being worked too hard!

Horse
21-10-2009, 07:43 PM
But I don't have a problem with foreigners living here. :confused:

Its what they get away with here that gets to me.

How many people in their right mind need to own their own business + have multiple other jobs, especially when they're not paying taxes? :confused:

While the foreigners here get richer.... the Scottish get poorer.

And you think this is ok?

That is an unfair generalisation. I don't know any foreigners who have multiple jobs, own a business and get away with not paying taxes! Even Mr Romanov has found it difficult to avoid the tax man. I understand that it's frustrating trying to get a job in this climate but most foreigners in this country have as much a right to work as the rest of us and do pay their taxes, I don't understand how any one group of people can be blamed for unemployment in Scotland. Fascist groups like the BNP do try to propel this myth just as the Nazi's did in Germany about the jews but you'll find that the unemployment is not the fault of foreigners or any other group of people for that matter (with the exception of politicians and bankers).

erskine-hibby
21-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Fair points. I don't what the solution is - I just think in the long run we'd be doing more damage to our economy by turning immigrants away than we would be by welcoming them here.

More damage will be done to the economy if there is a massive increase in population, without a similar increase in jobs and production. I'm afraid, or rather not, to say that we have little or no production jobs left in Scotland thanks to Thatcher and the tories. What we do need is investment. Investment in jobs and the infrastructure of our country that makes it more welcoming to businesses. For God sake we have only just recently had a motorway grade road linking us with England. We have one barely decent rail link, on the west coast and one totally unfit on the east, no wonder companies don't want to invest here...without massive payouts from parliament or Scottish enterprise, short term investment for short term jobs.

Do you really think that bringing in more people under these circumstances is good for the economy?...I just can't see it.

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 07:51 PM
More damage will be done to the economy if there is a massive increase in population, without a similar increase in jobs and production. I'm afraid, or rather not, to say that we have little or no production jobs left in Scotland thanks to Thatcher and the tories. What we do need is investment. Investment in jobs and the infrastructure of our country that makes it more welcoming to businesses. For God sake we have only just recently had a motorway grade road linking us with England. We have one barely decent rail link, on the west coast and one totally unfit on the east, no wonder companies don't want to invest here...without massive payouts from parliament or Scottish enterprise, short term investment for short term jobs.

Do you really think that bringing in more people under these circumstances is good for the economy?...I just can't see it.

:agree:

Millions the goverment spends on these useless "get back to work" schemes.

Thats all great, just 1 little problem... there is no work to get back to.

Instead of spending millions on these useless schemes... why don't they just use the money to invest in businesses? :confused:

proud_and_green
21-10-2009, 08:16 PM
I wont deny that.

You may not consider yourself to be racist, but that is a differnet thing to actually not being racist. Your comments above are certainly zenophobic and to be honest i am not sure what the difference between that and racism is.

The sweeping statement of not liking foreigners because they are foreign is in itself intolerant and much of the above would not be too far out of place in BNP literature.

NOLA
21-10-2009, 08:41 PM
It's not as if he had any part in the defeat. Sadly these morons do not seem to think they are doing any wrong.

Its just glesgay patter by ra way :wink:

Sergey
21-10-2009, 08:54 PM
The dolts on Kickback are trying to ridicule the actions of their big brothers.

They have forgotten tossing bananas at Mark Walters, but that was probably OK back then.

Vile filth.

lyonhibs
21-10-2009, 09:01 PM

The reason I dislike many foreigners is because they come over here, start up shops, take up 2 or 3 other jobs as well in the process and they pay no taxes. - how do they manage that then, and can you prove that statement or are you just havering??

Its because of foreigners that young lads like me can't get jobs... they take them all! :grr: - aye, that'll be why. Blame the Foreigners

I don't dislike anyone based on their race, its what they come over here and do that makes me dislike them - improve their standard of living, earn money and work harder than you are willing to?? Shame on them.

Back to the thread topic - I love how Rangers somehow seem to think the extent of their commitment to rooting out this engrained social problem appears to be to get their players to waggle a red piece of cardboard about the place before a game of football.

Bonza idea from the Huns, yet again.